3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Gleb Maikov 28.02.23 08:08 pm

Crashes without errors (Hogwarts Legacy)

The people, someone is faced with the fact that after starting the game, it crashes without any errors at all?

116 Comments
Sort by:
o
oxotnik298 28.02.23

How many orders do you have

2BLaraSex 28.02.23

k
kityara35 28.02.23

Did you get past Hogsmeade? I have a system reboot on every video, or even without it. Swapping 10GB does not save with 16 RAM

2BLaraSex 28.02.23

Yes, I went much further, after increasing the swap file, there was no more crash. I play high. Perhaps the ultra needs a larger swap file.
The game has problems using memory, it clogs it and the game crashes, some people are helped by the Reduce Memory x64 program. Set it to 70% and refresh interval 5 seconds, it should help. The program needs to be launched every time in the game.

R
RidHell 28.02.23

Pirate, 8GB of RAM, crashes after the first picture at startup

k
kityara35 28.02.23

Places where the system stably flew into reboot went down the resolution to HD. Why is that, lol. With FHD, the RAM did not eat more than 15GB, the video memory was a maximum of 7 out of 12. The video memory was more than 60% and was not loaded, but the crashes do not allow to play. Swapping at 10 did not help either. The settings are medium.

I will try to add 16 more RAM, I will unsubscribe tomorrow, but they doubt that it will help ..

k
kityara35 28.02.23

In general, HDD did not pull the game. Buying an ssd and installing it completely solved the problem of crashes. At 16 operatives, the flight is normal.

S
Sergio1398 28.02.23

Also, after the first picture, it crashes, along the path C:Users{something there}AppDataLocal or in AppDataLocalPhoenixSaved there is no folder with the game because it cannot even turn on.
But the way to change the settings in this folder can help many.
If anyone can, just drop this folder here for download, so that people can download this folder (Hogwarts Legacy) and maybe the game will not crash.

l
leha3309 28.02.23

Check virtual memory if not enough add helped me

C
Cloud Sparkster 28.02.23

I managed to defeat constant crashes every few minutes in the following way:

1) Update drivers

2) Reducing the resolution to 1600x900 through the config file

3) Set graphics settings to Medium

Apparently, something in high settings triggers and causes crashes. I read a lot of discussions and noticed that people with powerful computers complain more often, and for those who can only afford medium or minimal, everything is ok.

P
Pasha Pashkin 28.02.23

no one had it, it crashes in Hogsmeade, when you bought everything and go to meet your partner, it just crashes at this moment without error

N
Nikolai Zhilyaev 28.02.23

I had the same. The only thing that worked for me was deleting all mods from the Hogwarts LegacyPhoenixContentPaks~mods folder

D
DeadRain 28.02.23

if you put a mod on leggings, then delete it, it crashed because of them

P
Pasha Pashkin 28.02.23

Thank you!

v
vintorez_9_x_39 28.02.23

I play from a computer (gtx1050ti, 1366x768 with fsr2.0, xeon e5 1650, 32 gb ram 4 channel, ssd sata3 500gb) everything is fine. On a laptop acer nitro 5 c rtx3050ti, 16 gb. Departure on warning. Did everything shown here. The game just doesn't create settings files. I threw off the computer, too, zero reaction. Defender windows vypelil completely. Pak from empress consumable, on both devices. If anyone fumbles, can there be a problem, on a laptop, in running through an integrated GPU? In the nvidia settings, I set the launch through 3050. The RAM memory can not be configured in any way, because. bios is worthless. Winda is one and the same, a dozen set at the same time. I also edited the paging file in different ways, it did not help.

M
Mike Wazowski 28.02.23

As a result, I did everything described above, I came to the conclusion that the problem is in the firewood for Nvidia from February 23rd. I rolled back to January, set the task priority to high, and added 10GB of shaders in the panel. So far, everything is working both on the face and on the pirate.

J
Joseph47 28.02.23

Bro, how did you roll back? Through the device manager or something through GeForce Experience?

And how did you add shaders? Only for the game or in the general settings?

A
Alexander44 28.02.23

Hi all. I ran into a problem and I do not know how to solve it, mb someone will tell you.

The mouse control does not work (in the game itself), that is, I can’t turn the camera with the mouse, the mouse is blocked in the settings and the control on the arrows through the keyboard is only.

t
trainkoher 28.02.23

Am I the only one who goes crazy with the physics of the mantle when running fast? it passes through itself, sometimes it can even bare one leg when running, spreading to the other, watafak

t
trainkoher 28.02.23

that's what it is