3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Gleb Maikov 28.02.23 08:08 pm

Crashes without errors (Hogwarts Legacy)

The people, someone is faced with the fact that after starting the game, it crashes without any errors at all?

116 Comments
Sort by:
d
dima_quant 28.02.23

artifacts, this is possible only on weak hardware

t
trainkoher 28.02.23

yes, they also told me about visual bugs in marvel spider man, until I saw that amdshnikov had the same bugs in the game

d
dima_quant 28.02.23

well, maybe I’ve had greens all my life, so I don’t know what the reds have there)

t
trainkoher 28.02.23

I understand, I think someday I'll try out nvidia, otherwise I've been sitting on AMD all my life

B
Batya_Satani 28.02.23

If the pirate crashes on startup, here is the path to the settings:% user%AppDataLocalPhoenixSavedConfigWindowsNoEditor

in the GameUserSettings.ini file, change the graphics values ​​to ..

Spoiler

m
mercenary379 28.02.23

there are no such lines at all, not a single line with numerical values

D
DarklMoonl 28.02.23

So, I removed the overclocking of everything in the BIOS, removed the overclocking in the system, reinstalled, did not install mods and have not been flying for 6 hours, I also deleted the swap file, since 16 GB of RAM (whether it affects it or not)

E
Elka_13 28.02.23

Good evening everyone, I apologize for the jackass screenshots, but I'm already too lazy (at the second hour of the night at the time of writing the post) to turn on the game for the 100th time.
Pirate, the problem is not solved by setting graphics (although it is exactly the case)
The game starts normally, loads quickly, does not lag, everything is fine, but at a random moment it can freeze and crash without error!
Before that, the AMD application was indignant, then it stopped. I don’t know what’s wrong with this game, maybe someone has ideas / had a similar problem.

1) Changed graphics settings. I set medium, low, high - the problem remained
2) I set the swap file - the problem remained
3) Turned off Casper and other overlays - the problem remained

D
DeadRain 28.02.23

if there is a punto switcher try it out

E
Elelesh 28.02.23

Hi, one to one, how are you all. 4 days spent, nothing helped. write if you can solve it. Also amd iron

D
DimSyan 28.02.23

Found a solution in vk. Thanks to Erwin Beckinsale

Who has a crash after an epilepsy warning.

Check if DirectPlay is enabled

Control Panel -> Uninstall or Change Programs -> Turn Windows Programs on or off -> Legacy Components -> check DirectPlay

M
MrAnderson89 28.02.23

it crashes very hard on laptops, everything is perfect on a PC, there were no crashes and bugs ... on a laptop on the road I decided to gamble, crash when entering the main menu

Y
YeRoR 28.02.23

It crashes in different ways from the computer, it does not depend on it, here in the aggregate it depends on the system, components and firewood. It crashes on my PC, but I can’t call my PC weak. Components of my bakery: Intel Core i7-7700K (4.2 GHz), GTX 1060 (6 gb ram), 32 GB of RAM, 3 SSDs of 500 GB each

R
Redline666 28.02.23

These pieces of iron are more than 6 years old, and only a percentage of all this could at one time be considered good, the video card was even then an average one. Only memory norms. But I also have 32GB at 3200 MHz, but it's useless, it crashes when collecting pages and that's it ...

s
serh123456789 28.02.23

it helped me to delete the settings folder C:UsersadminAppDataLocalPhoenix

joking like that all write the settings in the Hogwarts Legacy folder, but I didn’t have such a thing, and instead of it, I saw it and it started right away. but it is possible and so to know how the author of the rozpovіv only way is like that for me!

there are super cool settings by default. The game is written in UE4/UE5. I can't say for sure, but the following worked for me:

i found a file called GameUserSettings.ini

It is located approximately at: C:Users{something there}PhoenixAppDataLocal\SavedConfigWindowsNoEditor

{something there} - look on the way. This is most likely the name of the computer.

Replaced in this file lines

RecViewDistanceQuality=1

RecAntiAliasingQuality=1

RecShadowQuality=1

RecPostProcessQuality=1

RecTextureQuality=1

RecEffectsQuality=1

RecFoliageQuality=1

RecShadingQuality=1

RecFogQuality=1

RecSkyQuality=1

RecPopulationQuality=1

RecRaytracingQuality=1

In short, I replaced all 3ki with units. After that, I saved the file and tried to run it in a new way. Should help. Try. I hope my comment helps you.

After that restarted the computer. Check that the changes have been applied. After that, try to launch the game again. Helped me... Good luck. I hope this helped you too

I swear to the author https://users.playground.ru/3667265/ that I copy this instruction just don’t want to repeat through those that I can just name the folder with the saving files and so on ......

K
Kostet12 28.02.23

it can crash on RAM (with an HMP profile, unexpectedly yes?), lack of memory itself, a crooked setting (in your understanding, this is overclocking and it is necessary) memory-percent-vidyaha bundles, you need to blame the game last, if the other does not crash, then there is a problem in that! Man created "event viewer" - help!