3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Stanislavich 28.11.19 01:31 pm

The illusion of choice solutions or Skriptoman (Elex)

Yes Bombanet pukanchik the local population (Cheryl in the first place).
Hi all.
Will continue to be a Subject.

Cash once you generate quite a lot of time passing game for the 4th time, noticed a certain peculiarity. even without breaking the quests.
This feature of the Scripts. Which completely break any kind or variety of choice, giving the game only the Illusion of choice.

And now, read more:
1. Came in Goliath, completed most of the quests of Bercow and joined them in a fraction
1.1: Quest Bigby - choosing the option. to force the bers to proceed to trade with JAX not getting anything. no continue conversations with Bigby, just getting paid. No dealer JAX gets, but Ragnar says that bers he was told that Rogue I kill (in the case of the murder of Ragnar says nothing about it and this quest does not give any influence on the entry)
1.2: the Quest of Stroman - his presence in the mine Hort, provides the possibility of making the two versions conflicting, WITHOUT any consequences. First you have to pass Akira - get the experience and reward for the quest, then go back, kill Stromsoe and rent quest Angria, who also give rewards. In the dialogues that there's no connection between this. Akira thanks for the salvation and Angim thanks for the fulfillment of justice. Himself Stroman as not reveals their motives.
1.3: the Quest with the second guard. Jump down oblative a dead guard and voila, coming to another guard, he immediately talk about death and the quest is done. all other stages of the quest are automatically skipped. Also, if before advantage to kill Bigby, taking quest on the derelict from center, then JAX says he KNOWS who killed the guard and JAX killed the Outcast. But where JAX might know?
1.4: the Quest of Hakone on the Separatists. However the Separatists will be killed. in case of activation of the script. if the script doesn't activate - the SEPs are still alive. In the end, they decide not what you want to do. and then. what script will activate. After taking the quest, the SEPs in the Inverter even in case of not activation of the murder of three SEPs, will still blame their deaths on JAX, even though those same SEPs alive. Good logic.

2. Dome city. Without activating the script, their time nothing happens at all. I have after changing to the Hybrid, there were quests and I've completed quests for the destruction of the city. And what happened? Alba captured the city and massacred all the inhabitants, this despite the fact that the war was over for Laura games. Coincidence? I don't think.
2.1: the Quest for the claws. After completing all quests claws, sending them to the city, come to the Main dome in the city, take the quest in the Claws, the claws pass, the clergy take their location. Home in the dome rewards JAXA, the quest is closed. Main says. what claws planted\killed and their grouping covered, despite the fact that THERE was NOBODY there. The script is detected.

3. Quest Ray.
here I'll be brief: unable to find the answer running in the Tawara. killed Leo, got 1 contract on Rey and JAX Immediately found out about Ray, and most importantly, coming to Bomb and Mancino, JAX Talks about Rey and asks about contracts. Thus, it is possible to complete the whole chain is the main job with ray, not even finding him. The funny thing is how quickly JAX finds out all the info about ray, after the first contract, and prior to that, he doesn't even know who it is.

4. Quest iron Madison.
It's really a game. She gives a quest after the release of Frank (a cleric in prison), then you come to the clergy, on behalf of That lady that requires them to kill all, you say to the clergy that they went, they say. they want the world and sent to Logan. But Logan and Madison and William absolutely pofik dialogue with them is not present on those of the clergy, as in HORT do not have any connection with the clergy. The result - no choice, no, and not provided at all.

5. The situation after joining the faction:
Joining bertam coming Outcasts. William gives quests to the opening of the introduction to the Rogue - fully pass and are given the option of joining Outcasts. although William refers to you as bers.
same story with the Horta, where also all quests give at the possibility of joining. As a result, are NOT lost there are absolutely no quests, even if in the beginning to join the faction.

And a lot more. I don't even bring the fact. that the ending is not decided by player choice, and coldness, even when playing for frostbitten repulsed an Outcast, you can choose the Ending with the change of the Hybrid, when Thorald is satisfied, kallax still alive, Alba stop the war, the Clergy happy and on the side of JAX and the Hybrid, Bercy accept modified Hybrid, and you, being the odd outcast, sent to cut out an ENTIRE faction of Outcasts and... All the rest are happy. Where is the logic?
65 Comments
Sort by:
S
Stanislavich 28.11.19

Hytryyad
Hytryyad wrote:
In any case, the game ogromnogo number of choices and variation of passing, those or other events.
Early in the game and I think, but after playing few times, you know. that variability and no. About it and the topic. Pros Eleks as I can not put a developed system of dialogues and select, as the game is, in many places, no choice at all (quests with ray, a Rat). And most quests have 2 choices - either do. or you don't. The whole variation to this and be - you either do the quest. or it will fail.
A large part of the quests lies in this format: go get the object\kill mob, get the quest. Sorry. some quests can not be quickly skipnet (quests ray\rat). Part quests are performed with inconsistent result (Stroman, Claws, and you can add Supply Eleks)
In the domed city of more than 10 quests. If you don't have the quest in the Dispute Abuse. so you did not load the script and starts an Uprising.
If you still have the save, you can try to finish quests:
1. The quest for arms sales
2. Quest to kill the Rogue next to the city
3. The quest for the detection claws
4. The quest for SEPs (kick\write)
5. Quest of a pariah in the dome
6. Quest of the Cleric the dome
7. Quest Viviana (taking on an assistant for her)
8. The quest to repair the tower
9. The quest for the arrival of the robots
10. The clashes between the bers and the outcast
It's the ones that came to mind, still should be 2 quest, if I'm not mistaken
Which of these quests fulfilled?

H
Hytryyad 28.11.19

Stanislavich
Typically the choice in the game, kill the target, kill the customer, kill them both, not bothering anyone.
In the dome all the quests done except for the claws, I have none.

D
Ded MastDay 28.11.19

Stanislavich
Well, it's certainly interesting, but then please answer the question - what RPGs have you played and which of them were real variation in quests, consequences for their development, NPCs that react to changes in the game world, not scripted, but based on the AI? Personally, in my memory, such does not exist. You want too much from Genome Engine

S
Stanislavich 28.11.19

Svetoslav
Morrowind game of 2002. Yes, there is no large variation of quests. Yes, there are no events that would affect the whole world.
But even there the system of relations between the Houses, guilds, and characters developed much better than in Alexa.
I think. you played this game. Remember the quest about the book in balmora? Or quests houses? Morrowind was made much more severe, was doing quests in the same Guild completing the quest. become completely hostile to another Guild and be expelled from it.
And the presence of in-game reputation throughout the game makes the impact. Enhanced reputation improved the most to GG NPC in Morrowind, and the high reputation, as a reincarnation of the Nerevarine, as well as a high value Intelligence and Attractiveness led to the fact, that originally hostile NPC becomes neutral to GG and they could talk to, to trade, to learn, and some even gave quests.

D
Ded MastDay 28.11.19

Stanislavich
Bethesda in a series of TES used its own technology for Radiant AI, which is more perfect. Thereby creating the illusion that the behavior of the characters depends on the decisions and actions of the player. But again, this is just an illusion, based on still lie clearly spelled out the scripts. The main task of the developers, in this case, to make so that the player simply didn't notice. If you start digging you will find that say, in the same Skyrim, for example, or the Witcher, with a variability too, not all so good. Just someone handles it a little better, and Piranhas, I guess not enough human and other resources in order to bring everything to the ideal. But I played the game with pleasure and I'm not how much strained linear quests and NPCs blunted. Much more saddened by the lack of motivation to explore the world, due to the huge number of useless junk, the lack of a normal leveling, simplification crafting etc. and etc. And the fact that you dug, that is just nitpicking. I did not expect from this game no breakthroughs in this regard.

K
Kibertonik 28.11.19

Stanislavich
In Morrowind, the gameplay was full of holes (which you so resent in Alexa), it would be able to appease NPCs money, lack of attraction, or making potions+10000 to all the x Cams. Stop whining, to zakolebalsya to the chair when desired.

S
Stanislavich 28.11.19

Svetoslav
It's not quite the same nitpicking.
If you take the opinion of people, the pros just yet, will allocate the storyline, written dialogues, quests and variety of quests. This is essentially the Main Plus Eleks, which can so easily be destroyed, if you will look just the same options.
In Skyrim variability is almost gone. In Skyrim is much less than the interaction that was in Morrowind.
In Morrowind, the actions and decisions GG direct effect on the attitude of the characters to GG. If it becomes a murderer, then over time the attitude of almost all NPC will be GG to bad, but if you continue to kill, for example, cut Balmora, then coming to Aldrun, NOT only the guards are hostile to GG, but the majority of the NPCs from House Redoran.

S
Stanislavich 28.11.19

Cybertonic
And the ability to influence the attitude of NPCs to the player... This is a gameplay hole? I would be happy if this method of influence would in other games. I personally really liked this system and its implementation. As by conversation (insults), you can force NPCs to attack you, but at the expense of politeness and threats on the contrary, to improve the location to GG. A good location from improved interactions with NPCs.
Alchemy as well, gave additional interest. since most of the spells cost a lot of mana, the Mage can cast literally 2-3 medium spells and drain their mana, because different potions in Morrowind were extremely useful, both in combat and when exploring the Island itself.

In Morrowind there is a very high-quality balance. And alchemy potions with her as not to spoil the balance, but rather implements it much better.

B
Bagaley 28.11.19

Long time to make games without regard to the mandatory completion of the game for everyone. The character's actions should affect the operation and then where will - there will come. Still players will tell you how to properly to play, but there will be some sort of responsibility for their actions. Of course, the endings will have to limit the size and make them interesting. Why all players have to pass the same ending with minor variations, I do not understand.

K
Kibertonik 28.11.19

Stanislavich
I actually meant the possibility of gaming way, without cheating, to make potions for +100000(zeros he put it) to the x-Kam and abilities, almost infinite in time. The balance in alchemy, yeah)) Eleks for the buildup with the help of potions, for some reason blamed, they say the fan is gone. The microscope bad things to consider, there's always some nonsense to find it.

S
Stanislavich 28.11.19

Cybertonic
Honestly, no endless an abuse to increase intelligence. I have been able to create a potion at +2000 to the characterization, it's with the existing Intelligence 1700. If you do not use intellect to make potions that increase a characteristic by more than 645 units, is almost impossible.
In the game there are plants that provide an increase in skills. You can get spells to increase skills, but to make spells for +100 feature - slot maximum (to make a spell more than +100 without modifications is not possible)
Another thing, find a spell to increase performance in the game is difficult enough (just 2-3 NPCs sell spells on the whole of Morrowind).
Of course you can cast at 100 INTA 100 alchemy another +100 and Inty +100 alchemy, thus to obtain a potion that will give almost +300 to the characterization, but a further yield increase will occur only with increased Intelligence and luck (bringing luck to 200 greatly improve the quality of foul potions, but still. above +500 jumps).
But this is all complete we.
Alchemy is good for mages is the ability of mages. And just the same for mages that need mana and in the skills of schools, potions to restore mana and increase good Luck and Intelligence are essential. Here for example, you created a spell that eats mana 220. and you have 100 intelligence when you mana equal to 150. And you have all opportunities to increase the mana, except one: increase the intelligence. Leveling you can increase Intelligence only to 100 is the limit. the rest is give spells\alchemy. And if spells to restore mana in the game (it is. but legally it can not be obtained), then the spell to increase the mana is almost useless, since it consumes a lot of mana. Only useful spell to Increase Intelligence (and coepa mana from INTA fuchuan).
what is alchemy? alchemy WITHOUT the expense of mana, gives mana, gives no mana cost mana; it gives no mana cost increase of intelligence, which in turn increases the mana pool.

K
Kibertonik 28.11.19

Stanislavich
This school game is not cool and no wonder with a calculator) I Forgot to add that the problem with money is solved, too potions - each it's very expensive. Remember how during the test, drank walking on water, and forgot, and then much further in the game had to dive)) I had few real hours to beat again. And with all this - Morrowind is one of the most favorite games, as well as Eleks is now, despite some shortcomings. Well, not to keep track of everything when creating this complexity of games about a small team of developers already who just spoke. Let is already go for their 100+ hours in the game, never regretted the purchase.

B
Bagaley 28.11.19

And who hinders to play MMO TESO with the addition of Morrowind?

a
angryfish99 28.11.19

What is all this sheet? Only idiots do not understand that all games are based on the conventions of scripts and triggers. All scenarios can not be foreseen. What does that prove?

l
legusor 28.11.19

how it is possible at all to play, especially 4 times to pass? there are in fact the gameplay itself is killed from the word altogether.

B
Bagaley 28.11.19

In, in, as always happens when there are no guiding ideas and respond to spite the opponent.

D
Ded MastDay 28.11.19

Cheryl
SpoilerAnd modernizing again rubs all messages.

S
Siniy Kot 28.11.19

Cheryl wrote:
how many of you of energy that you wasted on some garbage? build a house. plant a tree, raise a child
important not to confuse(in order of variability of course)
children ice cream, Baba-the flowers.©
Svetoslav
will certainly rubbing all this goes)))

S
Stanislavich 28.11.19

Cheryl
Caps has always meant the release of a particular phrase\words from the text. Bold hurts the eyes, the caps on the contrary, almost not noticeable when reading quite efficiently performs its function.
Even the media use caps to highlight, where you don't want to bold.
In the scientific literature also occasionally use caps to highlight, where bold text would be inappropriate.

Do you have problems? many people use the caps. And in the vast forum CAPS much nicer than the bold

S
Stanislavich 28.11.19

So, where are your cries about the fact that realized, written dialogues, razvitiya in quests - in Alexe 10 out of 10. Where?
How many Eleks still left to pros? and What? To accomplish your goal.