3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
Herveld 15.12.19 04:28 am

Problems starting and their solution! (Serious Sam 2)

The theme of this disk is pirated DVD after installation as Russian and English versions FatallError mistake:Cannot set Display mode! GfxAPIerror: dynamic module, and at the end says that file not found GFXd3d.dll although he is in the game folder have something to do or if anyone can send me this file.
77 Comments
Sort by:
c
chylera 15.12.19

Likewise, video is also 6800LE. Doing Ctrl-Alt-Delete then enter to the next level.

M
MeX 15.12.19

Cool new odds suggest all http://drayz.npnet.ru/forum/index.php?

p
pashol 15.12.19

2 chylera
and the diagnosis know? what the fuck? the map is buggy? or game curve?

c
chylera 15.12.19

Is the game pirated glucina, with the card everything is fine. Try to experiment with drivers.

C
CorD 15.12.19

Has anyone tried to install the patch with gambling on the pirates DVD????? Work?

.EX_ 15.12.19

I HAVE SAM2 DISPLAYS:
Fatal errof:Cannot set dispay mode!
Gfx error:
(Direct3D) is NOT ENOUGH ZODDEPGKT ВЕРХНЕFO ЗАТЕМНЕНNR

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.EX_ 15.12.19

I HAVE SAM2 DISPLAYS:
Fatal errof:Cannot set dispay mode!
Gfx error:
(Direct3D) is NOT ENOUGH ZODDEPGKT ВЕРХНЕFO ЗАТЕМНЕНNR

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R
RichardRAL 15.12.19

Not supported:

- Windows 95, 98 and ME

- DirectX 7.0 or lower 3D accelerator, or one without DirectX 9.0 compatible driver

(Matrox Parhelia, nVidia TNT and GeForce1,2,4 MX series, ATI Radeon 7000 series, Intel integrated graphics prior to 915G chipset, ...)

This is a quote from the readme for the Serious Sam 2. That's it!
Using 3d-analyzer, I was able to achieve a completely white screen, but the sound but there is!!! Let's play!!!

R
Rentgen 15.12.19

And anything we can do? We can once in OpenGL mode to launch something similar, I read in some review of the new vidyuhi, but find I can't now. I want to run on the laptop (SIS650 video, first SAM went pretty well). Great comp for the sake of Sam have put 6600 instead МХ400, and a new laptop, the boss does not give for the sake of I in the grid home could paranacity. How could the developers be so cruel to do that to the fans of the game? Not all amenable to upgrade.
Can who-thread met that on this subject, help!!!! Throw a reference or tell me where to look.

M
MickM 15.12.19

Problem: start the game, choose Single player - please enter the profile name. The name is not accepted - non-responsive Enter, the mouse does not want to press anything - just ESCAP work. Oh, and the Russians were introduced, and England... Damn, maybe I'm stupid or what?))) In short, even ashamed to ask such))) does Not tell what press it is necessary that the profile was introduced and the game to start? And so it goes - demos and all.

D
Dr.hig 15.12.19

I пень4 3 GHz, 1 gig of RAM, Viduka Radeon 9600xt, but the game, and because of the high level otrisovany enemies. The more, the worse, and on the LOWEST settings... Half Life 2 ran without problems on the maximum speed!
Help the pancake, got already...

K
KillSome1 15.12.19

horror short ((((

K
KillSome1 15.12.19

I also have this grey screen!(((

B
Bastet 15.12.19

And I have it wouldn't turn on and when I try to install diamon tools it says that there is them full of conflict etc pliz help!!!!!!!!

B
Bastet 15.12.19

ЭЭЭЭЭЭЭЭЭЭЭЭЭЭЭЭЭЭЭЭЭЙЙЙЙЙЙЙЙЙЙЙЙЙ here I anyone answer?????????

C
CJOKer 15.12.19

2MickM
This garbage happens when a very clever pirates try translate your pirates on Russian with litsenzionki. Conclusion: it is necessary to take litsenzionku and preferably on DVD because I have a 4 CD comp and blatantly refuses to run Setup.exe.Only with the help sent by one compassionate comrade setup I was able to put the game(after dancing with a tambourine 3 hours).

W
WideEyesOpen 15.12.19

Yes , I have now is GFMX440 and in the log it says that the game complains about the lack of support for Shader I in ini chopped off , all gone , just no image ... because you can turn ... the game is built on CryEngine felts with small alterations ,roofing felts on dorobotana Unreal2 , and there the Shader can be cut without any consequences ... who the thread is ideas ... or maybe a patch ? :)

G
GRR 15.12.19

Serious Sam 2

Version 1.00

For the latest information

Development: Croteam

Contents:

1. Introduction
2. System requirements
3. Troubleshooting
4. Hints and tips
5. Difficulty settings
6. Hardware compatibility
7. Updates
8. Information on the copyright holder

Important:

If you experience problems running the game please refer to the Troubleshooting section.
To learn about how to change the level of difficulty, see difficulty Settings.
1. Introduction

Serious Sam 2 is a first-person shooter, which is set in seven colorful fantasy worlds, including the Eastern city of Chi Fan, the deaf jungle M'Digbo, the castles of Alenier and fantastic planet the future of Sirius. It is more than 20 hours a fun, fast and exciting game, and in team games - and even more. You have to take on the role of Sam stone, Serious and serious Sam, a brave hero from Earth, chosen to save the Universe from the treacherous villain Mental. After much fighting among the pyramids of Egypt, the majestic temples of Persia, sacred Mayan altars and overrun with ghosts of medieval towns, defeating the most terrifying villains the Universe, Sam finally broke beyond Earth and is now heading towards the homeworld, Mental, Sirius, where should the last battle.

Good luck! You'll need it...

Even if you are ready to drop everything and start playing now,we suggest you to view the game manual to familiarize yourself with the interface and learn how to use Netricsa.

If you want to know more about the game, you will not find a better place than the Croteam website , where you will find a huge amount of material on the game!

On the forum of the game you can always discuss the details of the passage, the secrets of the game, the latest news, and just chat.

How to start the game:

1) start the game using shortcut Serious Sam 2.

2) In the main menu, select single game.

3) Select one of the available player profiles, or create a new one.

4) Select the level of difficulty.

5) View the introductory video and fight!

2. System requirements

Basic requirements:

CPU: AMD Athlon or Intel Pentium

RAM: 512MB

Graphics: graphics card that fully support hardware processed pixel shaders (compliant with DirectX 8 or newer).

Drivers: newest drivers for hardware

DirectX 9.0 c

Please make sure that DirectX9 is installed.0c and the latest drivers for your graphics card.

Not supported:

- Windows 95, 98 and ME

- outdated graphics card drivers which do not support DirectX 9.0

(Matrox Parhelia, nVidia TNT and GeForce1,2,4 MX, ATI Radeon 7000 series, Intel integrated graphics, except for 915G and later)

Minimum system requirements:

CPU: ~1.5 GHz Athlon XP or Pentium M, or ~2 GHz Pentium 4

RAM: 256MB

Sound: sound card compatible with DirectSound

Graphics: DirectX 8.0/8.1 or graphics card entry-level, DirectX 9

(nVidia GeForce 3 and 4 series (not MX!), From a GeForceFX 5200 to 5700, ATI Radeon from 8500 to 9200 and X300, S3 DeltaChrome or XGI Like)

Recommended:

CPU: ~2.0 GHz Athlon XP or Pentium M or ~2.6 GHz Pentium 4

RAM: 512 MB

Sound: sound card compatible with DirectSound

(Creative SoundBlaster Live, nVidia SoundStorm, and the like)

Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible

(nVidia GeForceFX 5900 series and GeForce 6200 and 6600, ATI Radeon from 9500 to 9800 isery X600-X700)

To use all features of the game:

CPU: ~2 GHz Athlon64, or ~3 GHz Pentium 4

RAM: 1 GB (1024 MB)

Sound: sound card DirectSound3D with EAX 2.0+

(Creative SoundBlaster Audigy, nVidia SoundStorm, and the like)

Graphics: the highest level, compatible with DirectX 9.0

(nVidia GeForce6 6800 and 7800, ATI Radeon X800 and X850 and the like)

3. Troubleshooting

Despite the fact that the company Croteam tried to ensure maximum compatibility with on the market equipment, in some cases, there may be situations that require user intervention. We apologize, but preventing such issues from our side is impossible, since they are usually associated with the limitations of the operating system malfunctions hardware drivers and other problems caused by software installed on the computer.

The following is a list of such errors and recommendations for their correction:

FatalError: 'Cannot set display mode'

Sometimes the game"Serious Sam 2 does not start, the screen displays the specified message. This can occur for the following reasons:

- You have not installed the necessary graphics driver.

Crash the game at startup

If the system has not installed the necessary graphics card drivers, there are problems with changed or additional image processing settings, the game may not start.

For Troubleshooting:
a) make Sure you have the required drivers
C) Try to run the game in Safe mode.

The slowdown during the game

Not powerful enough on some systems the speed of the game may intermittently fall. The following describes the possible causes and their solutions:

- Old motherboard drivers.
How to update motherboard drivers is described here.

- Old or incompatible sound card drivers.
How to update sound card drivers described here

- Old or incompatible video card drivers.
How to update video card drivers is described here.

- Incorrectly configured or incompatible drivers joystick.

If you have installed the drivers for the joystick, and the joystick is missing, the drivers of the joystick can slow down the game, referring to a missing device. In this case, the game automatically tries to disable the drivers for the joystick, but this is not always possible.

If the joystick is missing, make sure that the drivers are not installed joystick. To do this, open control Panel and select Gaming devices. The joystick-driver could be installed automatically. Version driver joystick mozete to match the version of the operating system(e.g., OS WinXP/2000 drivers are installed joystick for Win98). To remove the drivers for the joystick, open the control Panel -> Gaming devices. On the tab Gaming devices select the joystick and click Uninstall.

- Settings set too high as

In order to play in Serious Sam 2 in high resolutions require a powerful graphics card.
The procedure for changing the game settings to improve performance are described here.

The clicks and interruptions in audio playback

Data problems are usually caused by the following:
a) Incompatible audio equipment
When the number of sound cards with some interfaces may occur.
Try to disable the option Use EAXmenuSettings -> audio Settings.
b) poor performance
If the speed of the game is not enough, the audio can be played correctly. The procedure for changing settings to improve performance are described here.

Probably crash your game when switching between fullscreen and window mode

On some operating systems and hardware configurations switching between full screen and windowed mode might not work. This problem is caused by hardware drivers and cannot be fixed by the game developers.
How to update video card drivers is described here.

Cannot connect to a multiplayer game on the Internet

This can be caused by multiple reasons:
- Use either a software or hardware firewall. This locks the game traffic, which is exchanged between the computer and the server you are trying to connect.
You want to configure the firewall to allow the game access to Internetcases port 25600 (UDP). Refer to the firewall documentation to learn about how it is setup.

The slowdown in multiplayer

Tips to increase the performance when the network game is given here.

Tearing image

On some systems with fast rotating the image left or right with the mouse you may observe an effect in which the bottom part of the image behind the top part of it, as if the screen was divided into strips of one or more horizontal lines.
The effect is called tearing of the image, its sometimes hard to see and it has no harmful effects on the gameplay.
This is because image processing is not synchronized with the vertical refresh rate of the monitor. This setting usually can be changed in the advanced settings of monitor and video card (in control Panel selectScreen, select the tab configuration and click Advanced). The specific settings depend on the video card drivers. Refer to the documentation of the graphics card driver to learn about how it is setup.

Enable/disable vertical sync in the game, in the menu Settings -> graphics Settings -> advanced graphics settings. However, on some cards, this function may not work.
Note: enabling vertical sync can eliminate this problem, but degrade the performance of the game.

4. Hints and tips

Multiplayer

- Make sure you have selected the correct connection speed (multiplayer -> Internet -> the Type of connection). If the speed is above the actual, it may lead to delays in the game, and even to break the connection.

- In a team game on slower computers you might notice a drop in performance. That's fine - minimum recommended configuration was calculated for a single game. Multiplayer with lots of players uses more computer resources and requires more.

- If you're playing online, try to find a server with better ping and a small number of players.

- The fall speed in a multiplayer game can be caused by performance tuning of the game. To cope with this problem will help section performance tuning.

Network game on the Internet

When playing online through a firewall and/or proxy server, verify that the appropriate ports are open. The game server uses the default port 25600 (you can change it in the game console command net_iPort cvar ).

Note:GameSpy Arcade also has a number of other ports. The full list can be found at http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/firewalls.shtml

Performance tuning

The game has auto-tuning of parameters influencing productivity If the game on your computer is too slow, you can run the auto tuning in the menu Settings -> graphics Settings. If the result does not suit you, change the needed settings manually.

Safe mode

If you encounter problems try to run the game in safe mode using the appropriate shortcut in the menu start.

5. Difficulty settings

The right choice of difficulty

For successful game it is very important to choose the right level of difficulty that best matches your gaming experience. Too simple or too difficult level of difficulty can spoil the fun. Here is a brief description of the difficulty levels of the game:
- Tourist is the minimum difficulty level, is designed for beginners who fight mainly with the management.
- Easy for first - time players already familiar with shooters, but still inexperienced.
- Normal - for experienced players that have passed already more than one shooter.
- Hard cleopathra, ужепрошедшихигрунанормальномуровнесложности, vozmozhnostyami versioniterator. Choose at your own risk.
- Seriously! - for nastasemarian.

Change difficulty on the fly

If the level seems too easy or difficult, you can change the difficulty level, starting the level again using the Choose your level menu in a single game. But remember that in this case the points will be lost and scoring will begin again with the selected level.

Message Netricsa

In order to read messages in the game using Netricsa, use the Tab key. If you reassign the control keys, and can't find the item, return to the default settings and again set a key.

6. Hardware compatibility

3D-accelerator

The game"Serious Sam 2 былапротестировананамножествевидеокартс different drivers. Играавтоматическипопытаетсявыставитьоптимальныенастройкидлявашейвидеокарты. If you experience problems verify that you have installed the appropriate driver. To download the driver from the video card manufacturer or one of the specialized resources on the Internet.
All cards were tested under Windows XP and Windows 2000.

Motherboard drivers

Drivers for chipsets motherboards, which are not installed Windows in automatic mode, you will have to install it manually. Full description and installation instructions can be found in the manual for the motherboard. Download driver from motherboard manufacturer or one of the specialized resources on the Internet.
Even if you have installed the correct driver for your sound and video card, the wrong motherboard driver can cause problems in the game.

Sound card drivers

The game"Serious Sam 2 has been tested on many sound cards, and drivers. If you experience problems verify that you have installed the appropriate driver. Download the driver from the manufacturer website of the sound card or one of the specialized resources on the Internet.
All sound cards have been tested on Windows XP and Windows 2000.

7. Updates

With time, there may be an updated version of the game files, additional information about drivers, additions to the game (new multiplayer levels, player models, etc.) and so on. Check to see if anything interesting you can always on the website of the game.

8. Information on the copyright holder

© Croteam Ltd., 2005. 2K Games and the 2K Games logo, a Take2 Company logo, and Take-Two Interactive Software are trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software. Serious Sam 2, Serious Sam 2 logo, Serious Engine 2, the Serious Engine 2 logo, Croteam and the Croteam logo are registered trademarks of Croteam Ltd. The NVIDIA logo and"The way it's meant to be played are registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation. GameSpy and"Powered by GameSpy are registered trademarks of GameSpy Industries, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Development By Croteam. All rights reserved.

Technology is used Ogg Vorbis and Ogg Theora © Xiph.org Foundation, 2002.

Technology is used compress and decompress data Zlib © Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler, 1995-1998.

q
q3ya 15.12.19

Hi first installed and played, but was terribly slow. Video card GeForse 5200 Asus V9520 128Mb. Today ran, and she didn't walk, watch the sand appear immediately monitor flickers. And that's all. Re-installed but no use.
What to do?

K
KARLSONTIK 15.12.19

CAN SOMEONE TELL me :SAM 2 supports joystick ? My joystick it just does not see.Driver normal.Sam 1 works without problems.If anyone know what's the matter ,please advise what to do.