3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
mr_deck 12.01.20 11:00 pm

Problems on Windows 7 and Vista (The Witcher)

Hello dear users, this topic discusses problems with the game the Witcher on Windows 7. The most common problem for run the game on this OS, as experience shows that many users still play in the Witcher version 1.0 - 1.3, but these versions are not officially supported by Windows Vista and therefore Windows 7, so proceed directly to the question regarding running the game on seven. Here is a link with detailed instructions:
http://www.playground.ru/cheats/41964
In the second place a problem, check game, check-in allows completely free to update the game to version 1.4 Extra edition, and then to version 1.5, which allows you to enjoy the game on Windows 7 or Vista in full, but as many users are not owners of a licensed copy of the game or just can't mean any circumstances to register the game, proposed another method, here it is:
http://www.playground.ru/cheats/8989

Here is a list of patches that allow to play on Windows 7 and Vista, install patches in the order I have:
List патчей1)http://www.playground.ru/files/12511
2)http://www.playground.ru/files/13857
3)http://www.playground.ru/files/31677

To avoid problems it is recommended to start New game

If after starting the game on Windows 7 POPs up a window with hieroglyphs

An error windowpix.PlayGround.ru

You are here:
http://www.playground.ru/cheats/43586
Big thanks to user Dmitriydav for a detailed manual concerning this problem.... .

Also the Witchercan fly on 32-bit Windows Vista. Download the following is a fix from Microsoft and it'll be OK:
http://www.kaermorhen.ru/uploads/patch/Windows6.0-KB940105-x86.msu

This topic only discusses issues related to the problems of the game on Windows 7, the issues related to passing, etc. are specified in the relevant topics. Enjoyable game..... .

Further F. A. Q will be updated... .

Last updated: 26/04/2011
199 Comments
Sort by:
K
KainWolf 12.01.20

MgVolkolak
Muchas gracias!!! I had to guess. Works when the file appeared in system32 and in sysWOW64. Thanks again

S
Skeard 12.01.20

how to get rid of the lag? Computer requirements the game is far superior, Windows 7 and the game lag, even on low podergivani is.

B
Belaya Lisa [Odrakonennay 12.01.20

Skeard
The game is patched? I have the gold edition of the Witcher (with all patches including 1.5) and on my laptop with seven, no problems, none at all. No lag, no bugs, no glitches are observed.

R
Ray_pro 12.01.20

I have two disk, two OS, no problem

K
Kirill Rimskiy 12.01.20

The texture lag characters. Gold edition, win 7. Help?

M
MgVolkolak 12.01.20

Cyril Roman
Loaded texture late? The graphics card is not weak? Try poshamanit with the settings of the video driver.
By the way, I had the same problem on the old computer with OS XP because of the fact that put a high priority program memory background instead of the active apps.

C
COOLak 12.01.20

Just in case I will write here a solution, which came to me on the GeForce GTX 590 with the new driver 295.73 WHQL (Windows 7 x64).
The essence is that when in-game press the Exit to menu, almost always crash the video driver. Sometimes for 3 seconds to darken the screen, then the driver recovers, but often have to press Reset. Since my video card duchcova, I first decided to try to disable one graphics chip to the profile of the game. And it helped. But since the default in this profile exhibited multiprocessor mode, I concluded that the game still supports SLI and decided to achieve the correct game on two chips. First I tried Alternative construction is frame 2. 20 times tried, crashes in the driver when you exit the menu it was not. Then it happened the flight. Then I put the Alternative construction of frame 1. Then tried 200 times (no exaggeration), and the problem is gone. Then to make sure once again put on a multiprocessor default mode, at the second attempt the driver crashed at the exit to menu from game. Again chose the Alternative construction of frame 1 and again tried several times to go into menu - everything is clean.
I hope this information will help someone.

P. S. the glitch is confirmed with the driver version 296.10, and it happens all the time and not just when you exit the menu, but on the contrary when you enter the game (immediately after loading).
Alternative construction frame 1 again rescued.

f
fil0sof 12.01.20

Two small questions on the game.
The first question. For some strange reason, I have the opposite of the saving is small kartinochki-screen displays a black rectangle. At first sinned on a glitch pirates(expanded edition 1.4.5.1304, torrent and cracked), but the friend who took installace at me, all perfectly displayed. Both laptops, though the video card I have a GeForce GT 540M with two gigs of memory, and his almost built-in, can't remember exactly, but it is much worse. What could be wrong?
The second question. When you take the potion Blizzard, everything slowed down. The trouble is that Geralt slowed down with them. Actually a question: this is a bug or a feature? If a bug, then I would like to know what could be the reason. Although here is a possible glitch pirates: the aforementioned friend is the same way. Or is it meant to be? What's the point of this potion at all? Plain text is not written anywhere(looked in the encyclopedia of kaer Morhen, and just googled), but from all the posts it appears that only needs to slow down enemies. Or I something not so understood?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

G
Ghoyst 12.01.20

Hi all, I have a problem my game Win7 32 bit game vidime the license after the settings are updated of the game says that you first start the game you need to have administrator rights, and I'm under the admin, pave click run as administrator does not help try to change the compatibility under win 7 also does not help prompt what to do...?!

M
MgVolkolak 12.01.20

Ghoyst
If a version below 1.4, then install the patch on win 7 the Witcher below 1.4 may not to go. But most often this problem happens on the curves of pirates, so make sure you have a license :)

G
Ghoyst 12.01.20

MgVolkolak
Yes the version I have is 1.0 because I bought the game at release and the fact that she's a license I'm sure)and the SPS will try to patch to version 1.4

V
V1rtuoz 12.01.20

Privetstvuyu. Put the Witcher Collector's edition with all patches and buns. Does not work the mouse pointer in the game. What to do?

s
sanek19952012 12.01.20

Help please installed the Witcher-gold edition. started to play it, how it came to characters, there is a need to use the aard sign on the right mouse button, but when clicking nothing happens, in the settings resets all to Default still not working. what to do???????????????????

s
sanek19952012 12.01.20

Version 1.5

X
Xaker 23 12.01.20

sanek19952012
You bought the game or downloaded?

B
BoAsevas 12.01.20

Error occurs when you first start after installing... version of the game the Witcher: enhanced edition. What this error means and how to remove it? Thank you! The game is downloaded from the local area, after you install cracked

d
dimakozhanov 12.01.20

I have a license full edition version 1.5 everything works fine on windows 7 x64 maximum

N
Niroko 12.01.20

Gentlemen, I have a little problem came up, namely:
The launch goes well, the flight, as they say, normal, but there is one thing. Inventory.
The items in it are simply there, as in any container which can be viewed (and traders empty), icons of the items worn by Geralt decreased, and when the cursor absolutely nothing POPs up (a window, that is). Problem after reinstallation decided not to.
The game, of course, pirates, Repack different tried - one features. Game of version 1.5 Sindows Zeven 64-ka, the GeForce GTX 660 Ti, Intel Core i7.
Asking for help, not urgent but desirable.

i
irina2729 12.01.20

t

i
irina2729 12.01.20

I can't find the answer to the problem, downloaded from the Internet the Witcher gold edition with patch 1.5, I have windows 7 x32 maximum, set normally,without any errors, click on the label silence, not any action, I go to the folder registration, then click register requests, but no key. although the day before, installed the 2 part of the Witcher with the license and did everything the same, the key is not even asked and it works. somebody tell me what it is please, thanks in advance.