3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
mr_deck 12.01.20 11:00 pm

Problems on Windows 7 and Vista (The Witcher)

Hello dear users, this topic discusses problems with the game the Witcher on Windows 7. The most common problem for run the game on this OS, as experience shows that many users still play in the Witcher version 1.0 - 1.3, but these versions are not officially supported by Windows Vista and therefore Windows 7, so proceed directly to the question regarding running the game on seven. Here is a link with detailed instructions:
http://www.playground.ru/cheats/41964
In the second place a problem, check game, check-in allows completely free to update the game to version 1.4 Extra edition, and then to version 1.5, which allows you to enjoy the game on Windows 7 or Vista in full, but as many users are not owners of a licensed copy of the game or just can't mean any circumstances to register the game, proposed another method, here it is:
http://www.playground.ru/cheats/8989

Here is a list of patches that allow to play on Windows 7 and Vista, install patches in the order I have:
List патчей1)http://www.playground.ru/files/12511
2)http://www.playground.ru/files/13857
3)http://www.playground.ru/files/31677

To avoid problems it is recommended to start New game

If after starting the game on Windows 7 POPs up a window with hieroglyphs

An error windowpix.PlayGround.ru

You are here:
http://www.playground.ru/cheats/43586
Big thanks to user Dmitriydav for a detailed manual concerning this problem.... .

Also the Witchercan fly on 32-bit Windows Vista. Download the following is a fix from Microsoft and it'll be OK:
http://www.kaermorhen.ru/uploads/patch/Windows6.0-KB940105-x86.msu

This topic only discusses issues related to the problems of the game on Windows 7, the issues related to passing, etc. are specified in the relevant topics. Enjoyable game..... .

Further F. A. Q will be updated... .

Last updated: 26/04/2011
199 Comments
Sort by:
s
svm95 12.01.20

I have all the starts, but after some time crashes (usually when auto-saving or when you log in some densely populated district in the third Chapter). The game has updated to 1.5, didn't work. OS is Win7 Prof. Even in the middle of your inventory appears for a few seconds a black screen with the contours of the downloadable buildings (no textures). How to fix, do you know?

v
vice447 12.01.20

Put recently the Witcher enhanced edition (License) was updated to version 1.5 , ( all put on 7ku 32битную) , and noticed a shoal. After some time of stable games , Witcher crashes when saving without any explanation on the slave table ... Maybe there's some fix on 7 ku ... is there any way to fix it....

C
Cross[ru] 12.01.20

vice447
The same problem :(

M
MgVolkolak 12.01.20

This is most likely due to the settings of the graphics card driver.

C
Cross[ru] 12.01.20

I do not think that something is wrong with default settings.

v
vice447 12.01.20

Rather, the problem lies in the fact that the address space user applications are limited to 2 gigs, and write on the forums that the Witcher specifically writes in a long address to sort of the cache. In the bootloader configuration can be increased up to 3 gigs.

Anyone with Witcher crashes in Vista or 7ke to do the following:
with the rights of administrators while to bring up the console (Win+R) and execute:
bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072
or if he swears that cannot find the file configuratie:
bcdedit /store C:\Boot\BCD /set IncreaseUserVa 3072
reboot and you can play with - Personally helped me.

+ preferably disable daemon tools for the game ( because the Witcher does not like Daemon processes) , and natural-SNO you need to put the latest patch.

C
Cross[ru] 12.01.20

vice447
Try-p Only now I have the demon there :)

C
Cross[ru] 12.01.20

Hmm. But if I have 2GB RAM what to do? :)

s
svm95 12.01.20

I got only this:
bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 4096

S
STALKER20UA 12.01.20

Hi all.

I have this problem with the Witcher:

Installed the Witcher gold Edition (v 1.5) repak, but when you try to run in the processes list wicher.exe appears for a few seconds. Attempts to run in compatibility mode and as administrator did not help.

Configuration of iron:

Intel Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz, 2 Gb RAM, ATI Radeon 9600 128 VRAM, Win 7 Ultimate.

I agree, iron obscenities, but before I ran the Witcher on the weaker machine, so this comp it should work.

S
S.V.A.E.I.G. 12.01.20

I agree, iron obscenities, but before I ran the Witcher on the weaker machine

Yes, do not iron. The computer is more than suitable for games, it's probably in the Repack. Download license image the Witcher, Repack he always buggy

V
Vedmak1999 12.01.20

Please help! The problem is this:When you start the game everything goes and saver about Shock and about how Geralt with the Adda of the curse removes, but as soon as the menu should appear-it is NOT! Black screen instead of the menu and everything! HELP!
Iron:
CPU:intel core i3-370M
Video card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 420M
RAM:4 gig
What to do?

Plus: In despetcher task process the Witcher WORKS! Menu of the week! And the mouse is moving!

M
Mordhar 12.01.20

Hello.

I apologize in advance for the long post, but I decided to describe the problem in detail in order to avoid a dozen refiners, what.

In connection with the release of the 2nd the Witcher, decided to pereproyti first part and was faced with a serious problem:
In some cases, the screen goes off (it goes dark, but not dark - you're not getting any signal to the monitor), the sound keeps going, but the rest of deaf. Ctrl+Alt+Del leads to nothing. Helps only a hard reboot (Rosatom).

In the beginning of the game (prologue) the problem was not detected. In the first act occurs, but rarely. In the second in some locations comes to the absurd: departure after 10-15 seconds after loading a savestate.

The issue periodically arises in any location and on any settings, but the probability of occurrence depends on complexity of the location.
For example in the sewers Vizim you can run about an hour without any problems, but in the swamps the game served in about 30-40 seconds.

If the game just crashes to the desktop I could have lived and played often by pressing F5, but we are talking about the need to hard-reboot the computer...

----------technical information (to avoid unnecessary clarifications)----------
Game: the Witcher, enhanced edition (ND), license
Patch 1.5
Modifications not installed. Use the Polish voice acting with English subtitles (the highest quality sound and text with a minimum of spelling errors).

System: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 (6.0.7601), installed absolutely all updates offered to me by Windows Update today.
All drivers and system software to the latest versions (updated on the day of release).

Configuration:
Intel Core i5 750 (2.67 Ghz)
RAM 4.0 GB (pagefile 6.0 GB)
nVidia GeForce GTX 295 (two GPUs, 896.0 MB of memory on each)

Game installed on a drive with sufficient free space (about 40 GB left), defragmentation is performed regularly. The registry of the OS is in order (manual cleaning if necessary). Anti-virus scanning is done regularly, the database is fresh, according to the results of the system clean. In other games/applications, this problem has not been noticed.

Configuring your video driver:
Exposed to force AAx4 Witcher.exe to replace the application settings (known fix for the squares in dialogs with high quality lighting).
In the settings exhibited a multiprocessor rendering use global setting (nVidia recommended) (fixed to the illumination of all light sources through the opaque objects).
The rest of the settings default for parameter quality.

------What's the time to try to solve---------

Attempts to start the game with disabled antivirus/fairville/UAC.
To no avail.

Dancing with a tambourine in the settings app compatibility Witcher.exe:
Run application as administrator, every conceivable customization options compatibility with previous versions of Windows, disabling desktop composition and so on.
The result is zero.

Not less than a lengthy ritual over the in-game settings:
Setting all on low, including a complete mute, various intermediate options.
At absolutely minimum settings (minimum graphics settings, turned off antialiasing and anisotropy, completely turned off the sound, low screen resolution) the game is LIKE, stretched a little longer (about 3-4 minutes). But it may be a coincidence, especially since the flight still happened.

At the moment, are too much settings in the graphics driver. To no avail.

------------Considerations-------------

Was able to detect what is happening: the fall video card driver.

When you start the game in windowed mode the problem persists, but instead of deaf hangup whole system only restart shell and a message"video driver stopped responding and has recovered.

You can even continue to play, although this is, to put it mildly, worries.

However, I would like to find the cause of the fall of the driver in the Witcher, and preferably how to rectify it.

Theoretically, there are several options:
1) Incompatibility of certain settings of the video card driver that wants the Witcher. Everything is simple: find what it not friendly and force a dismount.
2) Problems with memory accesses (game climbs to the range of memory addresses used by the graphics card). Difficult, but solvable.
3) Something different from the category computer mystique, of course incurable.

g
goodcat171 12.01.20

Hello, I have a similar problem, only freezes a computer, and the game is a departure in Windows. First few times, darkens the screen, enters, but quickly back in the game. After several such missions, the game completely falls out in Windows. Already tried all that was advised here and on other sites - is the latest patch, played with compatibility, and command line wrote.... don't know what to do, but so much want to play( and there is always something prevented complete it. Windows seven 32, percents I5, 2 gig of RAM, nvidia geforce gts 250. most of the games fly on high settings. anyone have any ideas how to fix the problem with the crashes?

V
Vedmak1999 12.01.20

Please help! The problem is this:When you start the game everything goes and saver about Shock and about how Geralt with the Adda of the curse removes, but as soon as the menu should appear-it is NOT! Black screen instead of the menu and everything! HELP!
Iron:
CPU:intel core i3-370M
Video card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 420M
RAM:4 gig
What to do?
Patch:1.5

Plus: In despetcher task process the Witcher WORKS! Menu of the week! And the mouse is moving!

V
Vedmak1999 12.01.20

Sorry that I write 2 times but I want to achieve to me at least somebody helped!

R
Rollinz 12.01.20

People, Hello!

AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 Processor 2.90 GHz; 4 Gb; NVidia GeForce GT320; OS Windows 7ult. 64

Such is the trouble I had with the Gold edition. after 5-10 minutes in the game, 100% zaslujivaet (Black screen glitch sound) then either by pressing any key, the computer leaves in reboot, sometimes you have Rezet to use.. when, after loading gives the standard message about the collapse of Windows, and asks to look for solutions in inete (allowed search did not help).

Rummaged a heap of forums, tried everything in the FAQs described, solutions are not found. It reached the point that I reinstalled Windows, re-updated everything with the latest.

Then drove to download all Repack, copies of litsuhi, and so forth... all the same. Losing hope to play in Gold, I decided to download dopolnenie edition, but it was not there too... (a year ago played the same comp with the same Axis)

Help eh?) What kind of infection is this?) Thanks in advance!

R
Rollinz 12.01.20

AU the people Here... even though cton lives?=\

S
Seling 12.01.20

Rollinz
Here is not with the game business. Clocked the system? Watch the temperature at your leisure

R
Rollinz 12.01.20

Seling
Well, at least cton said=) hi.

The fact that I did not disperse anything. I bought this comp in a sealed-up the form=) Pacanowski. And I think that the overheating would affect the performance. But for me, it flies like the first day, and since the normal condition of the computer, I can follow=)

Of course, I'll keep an eye out, I have somewhere lying around riva tuner... but I don't think it can give kakieto results.

I hope THE schedule cause don't have=)