3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sand4 18.09.19 07:37 pm

The most shameful defeat (Medieval 2: Total War)

In my opinion, this theme is still not there... I Think that everyone has something to share with their comrades-in-arms.
My example. Play as the Byzantine Empire. After the brilliant victory in the outskirts of Krakow over the poles, on the next move I see that hanging next to the Polish king with the army of the king himself (with a bunch of stars)and another rider from the protection of the commander (this is all that remains of the Polish army after the previous battle).
I'm with arrogant confidence sent them a detachment of mercenaries-the German mounted knights (though the squad is incomplete - 29 people., but with insignias). After my vigorous attack eagles half of the enemy army (a) - 1 person died almost immediately, but a couple of my fighters too. And then began the incredible - my riders hammering the Polish king, and he, while in a few minutes I have left 20, then 17, then 14, and this psheku could not care less. And then he began to fight with my commander. The result: my commander is dead, the remnants of the squad - in a panic, and the Polish king pursued them to the border of the map. I was really angry. Beat this shameful episode is sent together with the Germans a squad of mercenaries arcabucero (with three gold stripes). It was all over for the poles very quickly...
86 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mortred 18.09.19

Yes, it is a defeat commander break the spirit and confidence. but there is a defeat better than victory. admit it. but your defeat is certainly not real. probably a glitch

S
SLON78 18.09.19

I would not such a battle to pereigrat wouldn't let him live hero. Although I voobshem of not overplaying.

N
Noga Virta 18.09.19

Shameful? for Egypt. The Byzantines squeezed huge, surpassing the number and quality of the army in the mountains and killed. Ruined the whole trip.

S
Sand4 18.09.19

Puperizator.
And in more detail? What was the situation?

C
Crash_Devil 18.09.19

2 Sand4, I see nothing shameful, you're the king attacked, even zo the stars as they say, I was also watching a picture. You bear in mind that General two hits, plus in the retinue of the trial, a couple who gives if he fell after charge your mercenaries, he would not have fallen in rukopashke.

K
Kaskrin 18.09.19

A shame to lose it to retreat without a fight!There are of course exceptions,but the exceptions only prove the rule!

B
BlackCap 18.09.19

Do not know shame or not, but several times lost in the defense of cities because of the best the enemy of the good. Ie broke vrazhina the wall and began to make a tower, well I was kinda thinking rebuild all the units into the recesses and to bring the unnecessary walls reinforcement. At the time the General movement of the enemy rushes to the attack. A complete mess. Mostly with the Mongols and Temurids. Or here's another case. Defended frontier fortress for the Byzantines from Venice(level 1, stone, one wall). The two armies of the enemy are attacking from opposite sides. One full stack of a second to several units but with heavy infantry. All artillery. So I thought that the computer will say something like bad percent and the system, let's upgrade and be attacked in turn, and lined up his ENTIRE army against a full stack. And was patch 1.2. In General, beat the enemy, keep the walls, the bowl of the battle is leaning in my favor, and there are message left 2.59 to lose. Second army(small), broke the wall and went straight for the center, and I'm worn out, missed the message about the capture of the wall. So. I threw all in the center, but later, leaving one squad in the center, the rest of the comp attacked me, not having to cling to the area and improve morale. All my warriors valiantly perished in panic in the narrow lane :( From the battle left several times in a very unfavorable conditions in trying to save the General.

P
PriesT of Hell 18.09.19

Was cool....when 2 troop of the Christian guard (infantry) killed all my spearmen :) due the city from the cavalry to protect had nothing :(

S
ShamomahS 18.09.19

In short I decided to attack the Spanish Moors, who sat in his stronghold. Took two troops of guns and a lot of people Hiking. Guns began to make walls, towers, gates, and then moved on the enemy's troops, ended potrony have guns, went with his army to the assault and current then I remembered that in the firmament there is another gate. Here I made a blunder on full. Had to retreat and begin to re-besiege.

S
Sand4 18.09.19

A similar thing has happened to me (like Byzantium). Sent from his army to Naples to help the local garrison squad cool mercenary spearmen, since there was only opochentsy. Suddenly he was attacked by a detachment of Sicilian Duke - 30 riders guard commander, headed by the Duke of(all stars). So, I thought... but then I remembered that we're in the mountains. Put her in a place that no rear or flank them to get close, but only in the forehead. In short, the Duke attacked me with their Budennovsky, but in vain, since he died, and his detachment remained two people. My loss is about 30 people.
Well, I think my heroes. And on the next move, the commander of the heroic squad has become a rebel. I almost cried when my mercenaries Archibusieri murdered all the heroes the traitors...

S
ShamomahS 18.09.19

Sand4

Yeah dude! I you really understand. My identity is heroic squad equestrians betrayed me.

p
petja5 18.09.19

On account of a lonely king.
Expressed the opinion that if he fell from carida, I would not be killed at all. This is nonsense. It was necessary to look with the code of battle: probably the king waved right and left, barely your horsemen he approached. There is a feature in cool generals. Not only ivorie, but also beat faster than your opponent. In the end not getting from this soldier no, General his chops down. Barely manages to approach the following - as also polchat the kettle. In such cases I some times do a double click with the right mouse button on the detachment of General. In the end, the men of my squad at the back and not participating to the fight, can make a small charge chrome in General. In addition, immediately around the enemy General turns out to be some soldiers. Some of them Yes time to slash. One, two, and then you look and go the hero.

About the storming of the fortress, where he shot all bullets have guns, forgetting storey the wall.

In such cases, you can subrovskis on the first wall to stomp on it for a second. And with the second you can always get to the third. So after managed to get over the first wall (after breaking it through, winning or passing through the gate - doesn't matter), the need for artillery and siege equipment ceases to be so acute. Though of course beating on the walls heavier than on earth. Though not in cases where the enemy has many horses.

S
ShamomahS 18.09.19

People! Please tell me where can change the characteristics of the General, the captain and the agents?

A
Aldarik 18.09.19

Play The Apaches. The battle against the French, my army is more in 2 times. Battle navreno already 3rd or 4th to win. Got ready, took the position of waiting... and then boom his cannon, my General along with standing blows... Then there was a stampede...

A
Alkasavar 18.09.19

About infidelity. Send nephew of the Duke of Russia, hero, 9 stars, 10 piety, with a great army of Royal guards, the princely retinue, the best of the Cossacks in Turkish. They finished off, neutral Trebizond was guarded by two detachments of the militia is simple. And this General, rebelled, instead of siege had left them, and joined the garrison had a full elite army with a hero at the head

T
TheNik 18.09.19

The humiliating defeat it was for Byzantium against the Turks.
The Turkish army was the king of the country and five teams of heavy soldiers.I attacked
20 squads of infantry (Varangians(all silver))and skilled General with 13 units of heavy and light cavalry.Cofficient was 12:4 in my favor.Pressed to automatically resolve the battle, and almost broke the laptop.All the Vikings have died ,and 2 of the army have been casualties more than half dead and best General.My loss of 3142 people ,and Turk just 62чела.Computer ruined 2 of my army.

S
Sand4 18.09.19

I decided to make a small squad of rebels, consisting of three units of crossbowmen and one unit of pikemen. I decided to improve the characteristics of your General from the nearest city (Milan), which with a decent army (consisting of two units of heavy horse archers, one unit of heavy cavalry, detachment 1 Bulgarian brigands and 2 units of spearmen) and attacked the rebels. On the strategic map, the enemy retreated, I re-attacked, the enemy, unable to retreat, he accepted battle. I decided to cut down by cavalry, crossbowmen, and then intersate unwieldy pikemen with their horse and foot arrows. But... when I opened the tactical map, I realized that today's victory will not be because the companies set your troops high in the mountains on such a patch where you just can't get (it is unclear how they got there), and trying to fire their own arrows, I have suffered great losses from the enemy crossbowmen. It turned out as in the fable the eye sees, but the tooth does not have...
And when the replay of this battle on the automatic - the enemy was completely defeated, and I suffered minor losses.

p
petja5 18.09.19

I remember one defeat. I decided to attack the crusading army 2 army of the Mongols. I must say that the first army had only pasteka and heavy cavalry units only 2. And without General. The second army, though with mnogozvezdochnogo a General, but not too full, and most importantly, few heavy cavalry. I have several Crusader detachments of horsemen, 4 crusaders lancers, 3 trebuchet, archers and a little mechenosec infantry. General - nothing special: 3-4 stars. In General, decided that there is a chance. Attack.
The first army of the enemy situated on a small hill. The second begins to enter the map. Decide to occupy the hill on which stands the first army, that would be easier to fend off the second. Since that time, a licking cavalry, while the infantry and the trebuchet slowly scooting up the hill. Rude, not very effectively, but having the advantage of corny forced the enemy from the hill. Plus at the end his troops and all ran. Though a couple of times cavalry troops of the enemy have ceased to panic, came back and started shooting. but when approaching my connichi again indulged in a stampede, until finally not left a card.
Exactly managed to line up on the hill to the approach of the second army. A dog-eared cavalry decided to reserve in case of counterattack, and at the same time that used rested. Started the fire with the approaching enemy. Despite the height advantage, the shootout is not in my favor: the enemy more shooting trudov. Peresano fire on enemy heavy horsemen, and then approached at a sufficient distance from the General's unit. Probably because of this, the enemy suddenly decides to move from remote to direct the exchange of courtesies. I don't mind: with the archers I have are exactly the units of spearmen. The problem is that the enemy threw at the same time with the cavalry still Lucero-Marines. And these guys spearmen at your own risk. Besides, let any cavalry unit in the bypass. The squad I was intercepted by my cavalry, and to help the lancers threw the sword. And that seems all right, guys beating each other for what reason, but suddenly begin in the ranks of infantry to notice something unhealthy. Formed some the hole in my ranks. And even like nothing, as close to the enemy units all busy, but as they say nature abhors a vacuum. Probably why I come up with a brilliant idea to cover that hole with a detachment of General.
It is only then I realized that nothing, and in that moment the idea seemed very personal. The battle is in full swing, a detachment of the enemy began to flee, despite the presence of the General. Well, I think is a win. In addition, there has finally cut down the enemy General and a couple units of the enemy begins to run away to the edge of the map. All done, just have to finish... And that's the most interesting place... piled up my General!! And my units start to flee in panic, despite their numerical superiority!
In the end, five minutes won the battle is lost completely. :(( Well nakoy do I quit General in strojenie? Without him all was well (and it would be even better). One consolation, krutota killed the enemy General.

S
Sand4 18.09.19

When I just landed in America (playing for Spain), then in the first battle with a small army of Indians I scored such an easy victory, and had suffered such a minor loss that it allowed me to the redhead with a certain amount of arrogance (which I later regretted). Dividing his army, I sent one half to storm the city (and captured it), and the second moved deeper into the jungle. Meet them pulled from the woods army of two Indians, one with a complete flag", and the other a little more than half the stack. Well, I guess now I'll be out of their steel-clad lads. Units were placed, simultaneously wondering how I'm going to maneuver, to cover the flanks, to break through the front, etc. etc. But everything was not as I thought. The enemy did not maneuver, and stupidly the whole mass came down on my army (which was 4 times less than the enemy), and despite the heroism of my soldiers who were cut to the end, and despite my attack from the rear of the two troops of cavalry and attack down the middle of armoured foot knights(gold stripes), all this screaming lava just TRAMPLED INTO the EARTH with my army. The enemy suffered losses in 3 times more than mine (i.e. he has only a quarter of the soldiers from the initial amount), but that doesn't help... This kind of tactics Indians have been forced to reconsider my traditional tactics in America. By the way, the second course of these Indians with the forces of two full armies, the same way it stormed just captured me in the city - trample my garrison in the dirt (the Indians, of course, suffered terrible losses), and my expeditionary force after these two battles ceased to exist.

S
ShamomahS 18.09.19

About the storming of the fortress, where he shot all bullets have guns, forgetting storey the wall.

In such cases, you can subrovskis on the first wall to stomp on it for a second. And with the second you can always get to the third. So after managed to get over the first wall (after breaking it through, winning or passing through the gate - doesn't matter), the need for artillery and siege equipment ceases to be so acute. Though of course beating on the walls heavier than on earth. Though not in cases where the enemy has many horses.

I tried to do so, but once the troops moved on to the next wall, and just stood.