3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dogmit 01.02.20 03:29 pm

Your opinion about HDR in games?

Welcome. Please share your opinions and experiences in games with HDR. What games played,what are your impressions and is it worth it?
50 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lodurr 01.02.20

Worth it, but it is expensive. At least dell up2718q.
Not to mention the fact that UHD is working onli using HDR.

D
Dogmit 01.02.20

Lodurr
UHD is that for an animal?

I
Igor Ostapenko 01.02.20

Dogma
UHD(Ultra HD)=4K=3840x2160. It's like four monitors, each at 1920x1080. To get at this resolution any modern game, you need a graphics card 1080\1080ti and more powerful (to a stable 30-60FPS on high it was).
I do not use, but while the HDR (or some other new-fangled feature) is not compatible with passive (FPR) 3D, I will not be interested.
New displays should pay attention to the mini and micro LED, and OLED\QLED already not promising like...

D
Dogmit 01.02.20

Igor Ostapenko
understand, the HDR can work with lower resolutions, for example 2K.

M
MunchkiN 616 01.02.20

remember Tama in oblivion m engines Las were chdr. Technologia cool but it kind of works since I'm not sure what games undermine this chdr in an expanded color range to be Sorrentine reflections on the polished and adaptation of the eyes

I
Igor Ostapenko 01.02.20

Lodurr
What they do not know - Google fpr 3d LED\OLED\QLED. I'm not interested because of the price? Hand in my pocket did not stick (and not stick) - so just received a reckless badass....
I have a big screen (TV) Sony KDL52V4000 (52 inch) 1920x1080, and the need for 4K I don't see as enough for the eyes size and quality. The more that 4K content (movies, series) takes up too much space, and shrinking it seriously do not know how... On the Internet to watch half if not more is apskeyl (stretched 1920x1080), that even native 4K film can be with a large grain (depends on the conceived in it effects). Games and movies in 4K to look cool on a big panel, but it matters at what distance are you sitting\lie. If the two diagonal fold (add in cm), then get the optimal distance from the screen to eyes. And here is the difference between a 4K screen (without HDR) and 1920x1080(FullHD) screen on the same diagonal will be visible only in favor of 4K with the presence of a HDR OLED\MicroLED\MiniLED. The price is a separate conversation. Previously, it was more expensive than now, and then 4K will gradually become cheaper as the Chinese people widely went to world market data panels. The incentive to statistics that in the past month (from November to December 2019) 1920x1080 was added 5% (share of all around 70%), and 4K is almost in place (the proportion of 1.5%). This is a gaming PC, the TV will be another statistic. Most likely people don't hurry not only because of the price of Monica (simple 4K is already available for everyone, because of the need to have a graphics card to pull modern games in 4K, as for the ultra gtx1080-gtx1080ti to have 40-60 FPS in AC Odyssey - see the video below). The mainstream graphics card on Steam now (and already two and a half years - GTX1060 - 20% and its share is still growing by 5% in December 2019)

L
Lodurr 01.02.20

Igor Ostapenko
Socma beech, and all niochem. )
Spoiler

Once again, to see ultra HD graphics, you need an ultra HD monitor. By changing the resolution, but not added.. thus the load on the system too.
The matter is not in gland, and the price of ultra HD monitors.

I
Igor Ostapenko 01.02.20

Lodurr
I didn't say that. I had written that a 1920x1080 TV is fine with me, as 4K TV and 4K content is not needed. I was talking only about permissions, not about the fact that I'm on my FullHD can fully HDR expose (for this you need a 4K screen with all of its hardware and software support). You talk to yourself :) of course 4K resolution display is only 4K screen. Maybe to uncheck ladders in game with 2560x1440 to try to raise up to 4K (if in the game there is no smoothing, and the power of the graphics card is idle). For 1920x1080 2K above using, for example, Nvidia DSR (Quad HD, 2560x1440), it makes no sense to put for visible ladders will be gone, then you can indulge in the smoothness.
Lodurr
From changing the resolution, but not added.. thus the load on the system, too.
Here it became clear to me that the more reason to write you or not. This is the basics of the basics, what resolution, as smoothing - iron for the most difficult settings in games. You probably have little else in life done been such things still do not know. Try on my grandmother's laptop put 4K (using same like Nvidia DSR) or 4K screen 1024x600 expose and then you will change the relationship with change the permissions of the game is not added and the load on the system, too. on change permissions grafona and decreases and increases and the load on the system is rising or falling.

L
Lightninggg 01.02.20

Dogma
As for me, this is the coolest achievement in the output images over the last 10 years. If 4K is just great, the HDR is the thing that fundamentally changes the perception of graphics in games. On PS4 thanks to Pro HDR God of War, Shadow of the Colossus Stranding and Death, the picture completely changes and is transformed several times. In RDR2 me cinematic HDR mode is also very much, such svetogor like to watch the movie.
If you play with HDR a day or two or three and then switch to the SDR, the surprise is not the limit, in the SDR it's much more cartoonish, unnatural, flat, and detail loss in the dark and peresvechennyj areas.
Of the games in HDR especially strongly recommend the above mentioned - God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Death Stranding, RDR2, and Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Gran Turismo, a remake of RE2, Tetris Effect.

With movies the same after watching several pictures in HDR want all the films were in HDR. Yet, by the way, is now gaining momentum with Dolby Vision, it's like HDR, only better, in this color even more accurate, the picture is softer, but in principle no fundamental difference with a sharp transition from HDR to DV and back will not be eye picks up the differences, but both look good.
From the movies, which I thought was wow in these formats - 2049 Blade Runner, The Dark Knight, Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi, Mad Max: Fury Road, Dunkirk, John Wick: Chapter 2.

HDR is difficult to describe in words, you just have to see. 4K and HDR worth every ruble of good TV.

p.s. Full HDR will only be at 3840x2160 (4K UHD) 10-bit matrix, the rest is all nonsense. Matrix type OLED (LG), QLED (Samsung), or a top LED (Sony), but for QLED is not vouch, do not ever to use. Myself only and only for the OLED OLED.
p.p.s. The modern game its graphics are fully open only in 4K and HDR, if the old-fashioned way to play FHD, the big difference with what it was 5-6 years ago, not seen.

P
Proshedshiy bezdnu 01.02.20

Feature rulny, but any HDR easy to spoil low frame rate.

X
XcomX360 01.02.20

Lodurr
By changing the resolution, but not added.. thus the load on the system too
In any game, put the minimum/maximum resolution and see the difference in fps grafona not added at all out of place phrase for a larger resolution = larger number of graphics on the display (roughly speaking)

L
Lodurr 01.02.20

XcomX360 wrote:
for greater resolution = greater number of graphics on the display
Wow. And to prove this nonsense can you? Proof show?

L
Lightninggg 01.02.20

4K allows you to see those colors (halftone) and the type of details in FHD invisible, do not appear or are blurry because of the small number of pixels in old games is not very important (but least relevant, too), because there is initially, the texture and detail was done with the expectation of SD, HD and FHD, but in new games, the graphics which is done with the expectation of 4K, the difference is significant. 4K in itself does not output the graphics to a new level, but in 4K you can see more. A new level of the game brings HDR.

X
XcomX360 01.02.20

Lodurr
Read what the display resolution is the number of pixels in height and width per unit area, and now read what the pixel - raster graphical element, unable to argue with that? It is unlikely, and it's the same what I wrote above, but in other words.

L
Lodurr 01.02.20

XcomX360
If you had read it, that this nonsense would not be carried. Cho is there to reduce, can increase the resolution to 8K, 12K, 16K, etc. and to demonstrate how the dialogue is improving. Come on, wait. )

D
Dogmit 01.02.20

Lodurr
so it really is improved with the increased resolution image quality, allowing you to get more enjoyment from the game. That is, higher resolution - better sharpness, smoothing, display of small items.

A
A.Soldier of Light 01.02.20

Lodurr wrote:
By changing the resolution, but not added.. thus the load on the system too.
About how! And I added, Yes, and the load such as the same. FPS shoot up, if the resolution is lower.
Lodurr wrote:
to 8K, 12K, 16K etc
Why not 2M, 4M immediately, mm? 8)
For example, any old games instantly shows that the game suffers greatly when you downsample.

L
Lodurr 01.02.20

Dogma
A. Soldier of Light
And where is the proof that a visual?

D
Dogmit 01.02.20

Lodurr
compare yourself any game in 720p and 1080p - there's your proof

D
Dogmit 01.02.20

Lodurr
live it is necessary to look - it will be obvious for a pinched vent screen you will not see anything