3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
-
-SK.art- 06.02.20 12:09 pm

Vs AMD v Intel.15

Old topic here
105 Comments
Sort by:
S
SUSUL1 06.02.20

Recently, AMD has updated the information on the processors of the next generation of ZEN. It is interesting that AMD is not abandoning APU, but CPUs will be equipped with HBM memory.
I wonder whether they can cram an entire computer in one stone? Still from DDR4 to move in the same compact format and the motherboard will need only to connect the connectors and apply power.

D
DartMaul 06.02.20

SUSUL1
I wonder whether they can cram an entire computer in one stone?
Are you familiar with the concept of SoC, and is built on the basis of its handheld systems like the RaspberryPi?

In General, I'm beginning to suspect that AMD you pay extra to advertise their worthless Protsiv.

S
SUSUL1 06.02.20

DartMaul
Yes, this system is familiar, but its performance is only fit to work as a controller of the actuator.
And here if to push the performance of the FX6300 and R9 280 Yes on the principles of a single processor as in the architecture of the Jaguar... you get a nuclear reactor=)

As for advertising AMD, I just like them. Not from the point of view of performance, although with that they have the right, but from the point of view of their technical solutions and bold experiments
If not for them, we'd still be sitting on a single core on a x32

D
DartMaul 06.02.20

SUSUL1
but its performance is only fit to work as a controller of the actuator.
Well, the performance of AMD processors too.

And here if to push the performance of the FX6300 and R9 280 Yes on the principles of a single processor as in the architecture of the Jaguar... you get a nuclear reactor=)
You understand that I already ran out analogy about poor performance? It is the power of the average laptop, there might be a reactor?

Not from the point of view of performance, although with that they have the right, but from the point of view of their technical solutions and bold experiments
I agree, AMD has offered many innovative solutions, which later became the basis of the market, but no one of them they are unable to earn as follows. And profits is investing in new developments and the ability to package your innovations in a decent market commodity, and not churning out defective from birth solution like the last cards in Hawaii and Fiji.

although this operating procedure
Nope. How can you talk about the lack of performance issues when the company basically does not offer any solution performance above average?
The best that shows AMD in the desktop is the FX9***, which are the usual 8350 overclocked on the principle of to put yourself in the shoes of coals to run faster, with the ever-problematic watery cooling in the kit.

M
MunchkiN 616 06.02.20

SUSUL1
if I'm not mistaken Intel first released the Intel Itanium. it was multicore and 64 bit but it was no use to anyone specifically.
from AMD though 64 bit processor before, but in my opinion it was purely a marketing gimmick.
schA is a similar situation with a bus or instructions 512 Binah computing who can neither Intel nor AMD to push into the consumer market.
and in the history of Intel he kind of revolutionary innovations more
at least take the transport bus, logical cores, and uskoritel ring bus, which unfortunately to the mass consumer is not reached.

cheaper to heat and more krasnozelenyh points
but that the ABM would be interesting to see in ultrabasic view as a full 3D scheme for the cache memory of the GPU and L4 cache processor. gig way to 2. and so to create the block is not profitable TC added the same memory up to 128 gigs would say much cheaper than the ABM option.
but when I was a little skolekom I thought that the bakery will be one big uber Mat Board slots as 30 and processare Intel - AMD will be put to the heap expansion cards like a modern graphics card. not the best architecture for performance.

D
DartMaul 06.02.20

MunchkiN 616
Itanium unlike Andsnow architecture is not backwards compatible with x86, because he does (to the desktop) and is not needed. And Itanium still exists.

S
SUSUL1 06.02.20

DartMaul
I deal with laptops very often. even the most expensive laptops do not replace mainstream computer. I don't know why, but they always find something to slow down and hang. And performance of the FX-8350 is more than enough for gaming to this day. Ведьмака3 he chews as not every i5 can=)

MunchkiN 616
As for Itanium, they really first tried x64, but the second nucleus, and they he could put only in 2006, while AMD in 2005 was already sold to Manchester K9 dual - the first real dual core processors.
Remember how many problems at first, this caused duchatelet=) had a special driver for the processor to put

cheaper to heat and more krasnozelenyh points - then you are wrong, not profitable, and easier, more profitable just the same from one place to take the heat
Well, actually the R9 is not bad to cope with the heat removal from the big chip. And today's towers and 220Вт able to take...
About the memory to 128GB of memory of it is one extreme or specialnaya under third-party needs. While the tests to find the optimal ratio of memory and CPU proizvoditelnosti.

M
MunchkiN 616 06.02.20

SUSUL1
And today's towers and 220Вт able to take...
today the tower is capable of up to 350. and then you have a chip the size of an Apple and TDP under floor kW to provide 4K top-end performance. him the power to bring 8-4пиковых plume and tolstolistny the system and the heat to take this is likely to be and built-in cooling something like a server or water.

D
DartMaul 06.02.20

SUSUL1
even the most expensive laptops are not a substitute for a mainstream computer
Amen, brother!

And performance of the FX-8350 is more than enough for gaming to this day. Ведьмака3 he chews as not every i5 can=)
http://forums.playground.ru/hardware/processor/vybor_protsessora_v_5-848866/#comment-13641275

today's towers are capable and 220Вт to take..
Not to divert and dissipate, feel the difference.

S
SUSUL1 06.02.20

MunchkiN 616
Do not forget that every year the power required is less and less, today top odnochastny comp tolerably well can live on the power supply to 550W.
DartMaul
Well, the heat removal and dissipation are very closely related, if he won't be able to dissipate, then take him nowhere. But well done, the cooler will be close to the ideals for heat, though still warms up to 80+°, such is the peculiarity of air, on the other hand today the CPU temperature so as not to frighten, and the hysterical desire of some individuals to cool down the CPU to 50, while having no acceleration at all - well, it's apparent victims of marketing... it's One thing to have a supply on thermal inertia, so as not struck at the peak, and another thing to spend on a pricey cooler and all claim that their computers will burn up if they warm up to 60=)

t
tatunserg 06.02.20

DartMaul.I wonder whether they can cram an entire computer in one stone?
cell phones won some small and already more powerful than computers 5 years ago.for 4 gig of RAM have 4-core processors.well, the video if for powerful games,only behind

M
MunchkiN 616 06.02.20

SUSUL1
power required less. more precisely, it requires less due to higher efficiency but also require more performance for each category of pitch on demand from it. this keeps power consumption about the same level. and when allowed puts a lot of cards it has increased even more. progress of cost reduction are visible only in the industrial computer.
and so for example I have a top comp and well worked on 430 W once. a conductive commercials 1500-1600.
But well done, the cooler will be close to the ideals for heat, though still warms up to 80+°, such is the peculiarity of air
no warm up. the air is the agent carrying certain quanta of heat. he warms up only when all the air has warmed up - this is due to the heat capacity. and warming up the cooler directly depends on its discharge and dissipation ability. in order to increase both the discharge and scattering power on it hang the fans with more air pressure.
but water discharge and heat dissipation is more independent concepts. TK I saw this funny water cooler is a large passive battery that pumps the water. it is of course the heat also dissipates and including a mechanical movement of the water, but it has great heat capacity and specific heat in this case, the equivalent discharge capacity. but the system itself is prone to thermal inflation. those with dispersion smaller than lead cooler after a certain time to boil the kettle.
there are more frion. but I'm not particularly bothered how it works potamu that don't know how accurate is the household refrigerator, but there is a theory about the same as the water. and by the way is very strange that until now there is no such universal below 0 fionnula cooler to the untrained peck-users and victims of marketing.

D
DartMaul 06.02.20

SUSUL1
But well done, the cooler will be close to the ideals for heat
So I waste 45 rubles for water cooling?

Here the question in the deltas. The cooler can and to take and to scatter very much, the only question is what should be the Delta temperatures. To take need for example 10 degrees, that is, the radiator is 10 degrees warmer than the air. This is from +10 degrees to the sole. And in order to capture and transfer to the radiator should say another 10 degrees. That is, if the room temperature is 20 the temperature of the sole of the cooler will be 40. Well, then, respectively, the Delta of the thermal conductivity of this glorious sandwich between the bottom of the cooler and the chip. And that percent is 70 degrees. It is in runoff.

As for cooling percent below, additional temperature - depends on the service life. If it can be done without much cost - it is better to do.

tatun
4 Giga operatives I have not seen, 4 cores there is, of course, even the 8 was only their performance lower than 1 core desktop. And pulls this system nothing. But in General, Yes, all phones now do on SoC.

MunchkiN 616
a conductive commercials 1500-1600
Without acceleration.

no warm up. the air is the agent carrying certain quanta of heat. he warms up only when all the air has warmed up - this is due to the heat capacity. and warming up the cooler directly depends on its discharge and dissipation ability. in order to increase both the discharge and scattering power on it hang the fans with more air pressure.
To you the Federal drug control service have not looked?
You would have about infrared radiation remembered it, too, dissipates heat, even in vacuum.
I don't know what quanta are in the air of the room where you are, but the rest of the world, thermal energy is the kinetic energy of molecules is transferred through physical contact. As the propeller increases outlet the ability is very interesting to me, especially for the reason that outlet the ability is the conductivity which is a material property. It certainly depends on the Delta of temperature between 2 points between which heat is conducted, that is, the cooling of the radiator in turn will reduce the temperature of the sole of the cooler with the same amount of the dissipated heat, but Delta will not change. Hence the propeller on the outlet ability is not affected.

but water discharge and heat dissipation is more independent of the concept
But the water they just a lot more connected, as the heat is not transmitted through the material, it is transferred from the metal of the waterblock the water, and then the heated water is physically moved to the radiator, that is, its conductivity is absolutely irrelevant.

the heat capacity is in this case equivalent discharge ability
After you have left.
The heat capacity of water is not equivalent to discharge capacity. It is equivalent to the heat capacity the amount of liquid flowing through the waterblock in a unit of time, that is actually the flow rate, or capacity of the pump.

but the system itself is prone to thermal inflation
Charlie is that you?
Inflation is a decline in the purchasing power of the currency, how do you imagine the inflation of thermal energy? About the law of conservation of energy in the alternate reality where you hit somebody heard?

there are more frion. but I'm not particularly bothered how it works but there is a theory about the same as the water
But I'm bothered. I have here is freance. And no it has nothing to do with water cooling. There is a phase transition, evaporation, and condensation.

and by the way is very strange that until now there is no such universal below 0 fionnula cooler to the untrained peck-users and victims of marketing.
Is. Even the case was with an integrated system like this. It is the year in 2004, right now, doing the normal freeky factory.

PS
Where there is an article which banyat for populist activities without a drop of competences in question?

M
MunchkiN 616 06.02.20

DartMaul
a certain degree of wastewater dispersion and the convection is present in all cooling systems.
take for example the heat pipe. capillary is a closed system where the liquid is in a state of evaporation - condensation. further, the efficiency of the removal and dissipation depends on the heatsink and liters of air through it that run. to see in practice, this can be good in the turbine the graphics card or the same not accepted dropsy when the temperature regime with different fan speed is different.
under heat, I mean the inflation process, the condition of which is the lack scattering abilities before discharge. for example if you put on the processor-pound cast cylinder of copper - that he will first take a multiple heat its heat capacity (although the school savvy there will still be a form of role play and the thermal conductivity of the material) then it will start the process of accumulation of heat. of course he's still as heated air will increase its heat dissipation power but I do not take into account.
will also be expected to occur and no heat dissipation dropsy which heat dissipation is a multiple of the total heat capacity of the fluid (whats not to like?) for conducting heat 1 liter of water and 5 it is different. simply because of the technical features there will still be affect the performance of pumps TC in contrast to the kettle the whole amount of liquid can not be heated directly.
but with air I think it is clear - if you percepiti radiator for 200 rubles for the overclocked CPU then there is a process of thermal inflation will be short - commensurate with the discharge capacity and specific heat. the computer will overheat in seconds. with water under the same conditions it will have minutes.

D
DartMaul 06.02.20

MunchkiN 616
Convection there does not sewn Mare's tail, this phenomenon is due to the fact that the gas of higher temperature is less dense, due to which it becomes lighter and rises, thereby creating a circulation of air without additional steps.
Heat pipes may boil anything, the system is closed, the compressor in it, and the effective phase transition it is possible only on a small interval of temperature, when the temperature is below or above this range, the use of this system a little.
On the subject of what you call inflation, first is etimologii wrong term, the second discharge capacity is not related to sieving, we can talk about the number of exhaust heat, i.e., heat dissipation of the cooling element (chip). This system seeks to balance due to the fact that the thermal conductivity and heat transfer becomes more efficient with increasing temperature difference between 2 environments, between which the flows heat.

here it will first take a multiple heat its heat capacity
Heat capacity is the amount of heat energy required to heat the object by 1 degree. This is the accumulation of heat. All objects in the universe accumulate heat. Any deviation from the temperature of absolute zero (about -274 Celsius) is the heat buildup.

will also be expected to occur and no heat dissipation dropsy
A loop without a radiator? Great idea, must try. Only water there still does not exactly boil, the chip will overheat much sooner.

contrast to the kettle the whole amount of liquid can not be heated directly.
The kettle is a single container where the water warms up due to the same convection. Warm water rises up, mingling with the cold.

Cooler for 200 rubles will allow the system to overheat because it is 1) small, i.e. has a smaller contact area with the air, which dissipates the heat sucks. And it overheat it will be a couple of minutes, anyway. A couple of seconds to overheat, just for the dropsy, if the pump is turned off, as heat will leave only that amount of water is in the waterblock, and it is only 10-20 grams.

S
SUSUL1 06.02.20

MunchkiN 616
Oh, well, you bent the text, but it would be possible to reduce just performance data P4 and i7 - I think the latter and performance and energopotreblenie less.
Your knowledge on the theory of heat and mass transfer amaze! Such a simple thing so to wrap up! lacks only theology and phrases by the will of God!

Water is one of the best refrigerants today. Better the oil, but it is more expensive. Water has a high heat capacity and its discharge capacity is almost the same for 1°C and 95°C, and under pressure it can operate at temperatures over 100 degrees without going through the vapour phase. Water one problem - she needs to be cooled in cooling towers. And if the thermal capacity of the cooling tower is less than the thermal capacity of the CPU then the water will overheat, boil, and your system will break from the pressure=) But luckily, it is almost impossible to do, to protect the CPU from overheating't work before.
The amount of water only affects the inertia of the system a water cooling system. The biggest problem in dropsy is removal of heat from the processor, for process intensification of removal of heat from the lid to water is not simple (not complicated but not simple) question.
Water has a number of advantages - the cooling tower is less limited in weight and size attributes, and so it has a larger heat transfer area for air and ode in the same dimensions (though more vulnerable to dust), installing a more powerful pump can pump more water through if it fails the processor lid (or whatever that thing is called from waterblock).

But heat pipes is a complex thermodynamic system, there is a process of boiling and condensation of the working agent, and this process is responsible for transferring heat. The design of the tubes has only recently acquired reliable parameters, even 5 years ago were related to the coolers, which dramatically lost teploprovodnosti when heated to 80C. The operating range of the tubes depends on the tubes were producers. In fact, the tube is the same prianka, but without mechanical parts.

Prianka below zero - careful what you wish for! Problem condensate how are you going to solve? Prianka is an expensive and complex device that requires from the user knowledge of refrigeration theory, knowledge of safety (freons are very toxic substances) and much more complex and expensive devices, but the effectiveness of it will yield not superior to water at freezing temperatures. And you want it for extreme acceleration.

S
SUSUL1 06.02.20

DartMaul
45 000 is your little costs?!
But you need it for something that does not accelerates, you begin to push

But there are bunch of users who are weary of the word BIOS, but is recognized as an effective mainstream coolers, like Performa or something a little easier, they put Arjona on i3 and begins to prove that if the percent is heated above 45C then it will burn nafig=)
However, there is another type that put on 125Втный percent zainoulline cooler and wonder what they have retards=)

M
MunchkiN 616 06.02.20

SUSUL1
processors began to rise in appetite since the 4th stump. there were replaced at power. added additional power to the Mat cost. then additional lines 12 and 5 volts. physically top processors stuck at 130 W card 300. because more expensive, difficult and dangerous praecello. if you compare the General history of the home pitch - it was just a high performance gaming and working from home pitch among them, the consumption increased. you can even consider laptops but there about the same picture. there are many devices for different tasks. but there's like a compromise of performance and mobility. and so for example I have an old laptop was working without a net 2 and a half hours. new 40-60 minutes. Lule

regarding freon - was a Board 775 socket. he was raised as a normal cooler and configured under the system are not required. it was impossible to make out like only to fill was possible. Yes, the masses did not.

S
SUSUL1 06.02.20

MunchkiN 616
Of course! You price not wspomnie?!
After all, to make a freon cooler is not difficult. Komplektuhi on the market. But the compressor is more expensive pump, and the flexible refrigerant hoses are more expensive than the tubes of the water block. The freon flows from the flexible hose. The term of this cooler a maximum of 5 years without refueling. And then all of... change the compressor and fill with new freon - that is, throw it away and buy a new one.
The nearest equivalent - automotive air conditioning. How much it costs to replace the compressor and refill the freon?

As for the P4, you have mentioned the ill-fated Itanium, the first processor had 150W.
The maximum dissipation associated with the security. Because modern processors are very delicate, comrade DartMaul confirm he talked of his poita that the new 28nm processors burn like candles when leaving for allowed manufacturer limits and with decreasing process technology, the situation is not getting any better. And it's his cooling system.
With regard to 130 W, you forgot the FX-9370! - 220Вт according to the manufacturer, with a warning that without a good cooler to include not worth it=) But the most interesting that it ran on quite the mid-price matplot, like ASUS or а97м5 970A-G46. Dual phase power supply type 8+2 or 4+1 but under the radiator it is dragged (just don't tell that they are virtual and it's actually (4+1)x2 for all nutplate АМ3+ 10 phases are implemented according to this scheme, exotic among them is a 4+1x2)

M
MunchkiN 616 06.02.20

SUSUL1
well water is not serviced and collected too quickly will become worthless. distilled water with shampoo him pour, strip the hoses change. however, judging from the proposals of users of these systems have.
as for the t-process, that in itself is a t-process and the maximum heat dissipation is not connected. the rampant growth of the dissipation stops the complexity of the power circuits, the high cost and inconvenience of refrigeration. and of course there are details to stand out sharply from some of the usual characteristics.