3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
-
-SK.art- 11.02.20 02:04 pm

Overclocking is all about overclocking v.6

In this thread discussing overclocking.

Before you ask, how to disperse a recommend to get acquainted with the materials given in the following link.

Materiel for the novice Overa
The benefits of overclocking. The first part, the theoretical
The benefits of overclocking. Part two R11; overclock the processor and RAM

Guide to setting the BIOS

Overclocking Core i7-3770K: learning to compromise

Before ask question, it's highly recommended to read the theme FAQ: Processors

Previous topic here
229 Comments
Sort by:
l
lecoharv 11.02.20

SUSUL1
I'm certainly not a Pro, but I think this RAM does not withstand the acceleration. try to lower the timings. I helped

S
SUSUL1 11.02.20

lecoharv
Maybe the timings of RAM should improve?
After the dispersal of Vice versa lower.

l
lecoharv 11.02.20

SUSUL1
personally, I have a crackle from the speakers and the self-restart was just because of high speed RAM, when I lowered the timings , it's gone

7Rain7 11.02.20

DozoRRR
Funny not how much you have hawala. Funny phrase this
as the master explained the crystal caught humpback and cap percent is not tight it is
And as already correctly answered you DartMaul
the processor chip is always flat as a mirror
Chalk it up to written in their own words how could, how many understand this
Over again, if Brokeback were done. the master would have straightened or polished the thin section machine. I don't think the have no talent was so strong, otherwise cover just culled. All he scalped percent and always changed pasta for GM. small conder (or whatever they are called) around the chip was covered with a thin layer of regular thermal compound MX-5 in order to avoid the spreading of this GM and. In its a their way, too, slipped below GM God forbid don't hit on them. Have been won from 10 to 17C at about percent. While the difference I think was not due to the particular station to another, namely due to the features of cooling. Each is different. It is logical to assume that with different cooling same scalped percent will give a different gain in temperature.

D
DozoRRR 11.02.20

7Rain7
Now percent drove, realized that the thing in the lid, or GM was a little smeared, because a very large temperature differential between cores of up to 8S(between 1ым and 4ым). If worse will eventually become, I already did to redo it.

R
Ryazancev 11.02.20

SUSUL1
for your Panama with the stress of the 3.8 is a lot, so it will not work. At most this percent was.

S
SUSUL1 11.02.20

Ryazancev
It is necessary to 1.45 to raise?

R
Ryazancev 11.02.20

SUSUL1
For your nurse, the voltage on the processor above 1,425 is not recommended (bad cooling power percent). The voltage Is approximately 1,425 125 Wat + 15 Wat stock on nutrition, a total of 140 Wat the mother of max holds.
With this voltage percent have to chase up to about 3.6 GHz. I had to 3.64.
So you decide extreme overclocking will come out sideways, and the performance increase is minimal.
In the end, put the car voltage with overclocking to 3.5 and forgotten.

R
Ryazancev 11.02.20

. -- Rick -- Sk1mmer .
This nurse is generally better in terms of overclocking not to touch! Phases of cooling. If you raise the voltage for overclocking will overheat the power section. In the best case Body in the worst a blown power components.

-
- Rick Sk1mmer - 11.02.20

Ryazancev
I already deleted the post, but okay. Food no Yes, the MOSFETs are naked and without a radiator, Yes, but somehow, Hairdryer [email protected]Ггц 1.4 it is normal working, bluescreen/throttle is not noticed.

S
SUSUL1 11.02.20

Ryazancev
Damn! not the motherboard pointed out=) SchA perebi description=)
I have a GA-970a-UD3P. 10 power phases and a pretty big radiator=)

R
Ryazancev 11.02.20

SUSUL1
From this to be about GA-970a-UD3P
Спойлерhttp://www.overclockers.ru/lab/59253_5/obzor-i-testirovanie-materinskoj-platy-gigabyte-ga-970a-ud3p-na-chipsete-amd-970-sb950.html
Acceleration
The process of dispersal is limited to very strong heating of the power subsystem. Normally the problems with temperature does not occur, they begin when you have to raise the voltage and raise the CPU frequency. In this case, without directional cooling of the radiator, otherwise the triggered protection.

M
MunchkiN 616 11.02.20

have ам3 why it is strongly heated and the bridge. no so sure how the Intel X38 and х48 but still. therefore, the experience of overclocking this crap cooling on the chipset to not interfere.
there are radiators like the aforementioned GA-970a-UD3P. they are on the food chain and they need airflow, if not highly controversial. and finally in my opinion they're more for beauty fastened TC the increase of power consumption socket on their work especially should not to influence. and they are heated by natural graphics cards under 300W, such shtuki should Greco fine and can burn but is essentially limited to the skinny aluminum or copper radiator. so if extreme overclocking is not the meaning of cool food much then and there.
finally to this question bother better to buy ilitny nurse for records with all sorts of cool names. and fromow 2 3.7-3.8 Vache couple have not seen that their stable of games kept on say 4.0-4.4 GHz. so it is quite regular acceleration.

S
SUSUL1 11.02.20

MunchkiN 616
Yes, that was the desire to put a Hairdryer 955 to 3.8 on a regular basis, but this had the CPU up to 1.4475 In lifting, although 4 years ago I have issued 3.8 at 1.425 V
In General, the cause of the red screen for this series of motherboards when overclocking can be as nastacha power to the processor, Dynamic voltage podname is running bad with the old processors, and as he wrote on overah motherboard very free the memory timings to dispose of, and I have at different bars spelled out the different timings in their profile (so says AIDA)
In General, put the timings all handles the same, podbavit power to the memory to 1.51 In and played better on the CPU to 1.4475 In, got a quite stable operation at 3.8 GHZ. The design of the cooler and the body as a whole organise a good draft on the radiator supply. His hand touched when strictest, above 50 is not heated, under it I think 70 degrees.
But that t Onet I want so the old man to torment, so that the way of their plows at 3.6 on 1.4

V
Vinni-Pukh 11.02.20

Hey Paz, I decided to short the end of the summer to jump on the elite socket 2011, maybe a little earlier. In may already the start of sales of Broadwell-E, want to buy Junior 6 core, which will cost 400 bachey, as today's 5820К. But there are a couple of questions. I know there is 6 core from Intel above 4.2 GHz on air doesn't really overclock? The water will make sense to put ?

S
SUSUL1 11.02.20

Vinni-Pukh
Is it worth it to bother for the extra 300MHz?
or is the question about record acceleration?

V
Vinni-Pukh 11.02.20

SUSUL1
or is the question about record acceleration?
I 4400-4500 MHz need be.
SUSUL1
Is it worth it to bother for the extra 300MHz?
Take a blunt example. When playing tanks, 4770К 3.5 GHz for stable 60 frames is not enough, subsidence was up to 45 frames. The problem was solved only with the acceleration at least to 4.3 GHz. This frequency is important to me. It is clear that the LGA 2011 overclocking is a problematic topic, but I need to know really for dropsy, without exorbitant voltage to squeeze a 4.4-4.5 GHz?

M
MunchkiN 616 11.02.20

Vinni-Pukh
voltage and dropsy is things not related to each other.
fingers very roughly to the CPU need a voltage to keep performance at a certain frequency.
a byproduct is heat. his Nada to do something with this dropsy.
to disperse Nada to use the coolest and ilitny of macplay reinforced with food. maybe, almost everyone agreed limit в160вт if I am not mistaken for those of stone with a 130W TDP is a bunch. that is, there certainly can be more to drive but more depends on the quality of nurse. and cooling air 200-300W, I don't consider it a big problem. the problem is only noise if.
point 2 if we are talking about the new generation i7 лжа2011-3 there may be a problem that it has less TDP, due to the process but it voschem fragile and will not withstand high voltage. so what is to do peck's conclusions may be premature.

V
Vinni-Pukh 11.02.20

MunchkiN 616
voltage and dropsy is things not related to each other.
Voltage gives the temperature and the voltage keeps a high frequency. Dropsy here should help.
to disperse Nada to use the coolest and ilitny of macplay reinforced with food. maybe, almost everyone agreed limit в160вт if I am not mistaken for those of stone with a 130W TDP is a bunch. that is, there certainly can be more to drive but more depends on the quality of nurse.
And here is the problem, 200-300 nurse such garbage, X99-A Asus all just plastic hanged what to do XS, and buy mother a fee, the price of the CPU as you do not want. Must get a new Mat Board ?

M
MunchkiN 616 11.02.20

Vinni-Pukh
the Mat Board can and will work but the price segment they have a single. especially h99 promise to be compatible with all server-side and 5-6ххх generations. so in that sense is not something special to release new games and especially for graphics workstations.