3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
-
-SK.art- 11.02.20 02:04 pm

Overclocking is all about overclocking v.6

In this thread discussing overclocking.

Before you ask, how to disperse a recommend to get acquainted with the materials given in the following link.

Materiel for the novice Overa
The benefits of overclocking. The first part, the theoretical
The benefits of overclocking. Part two R11; overclock the processor and RAM

Guide to setting the BIOS

Overclocking Core i7-3770K: learning to compromise

Before ask question, it's highly recommended to read the theme FAQ: Processors

Previous topic here
229 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vinni-Pukh 11.02.20

SUSUL1
Buy new Sabertooth FX990 which was recently released, did not seem expensive but standing Mat. fee, but in my X99, and in principle all sabertooth on the logic from Intel hard drive memory, as the logic of the AMD sabertooth behaves not clearly

S
SUSUL1 11.02.20

Vinni-Pukh
To get a new motherboard in anticipation of the release of new line of processors?!

V
Vinni-Pukh 11.02.20

SUSUL1
why do you need corn Zen?

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 11.02.20

Vinni-Pukh
And You don't believe in a few years AMD will release new FX under 22 nm or better?

S
SUSUL1 11.02.20

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
AMD has said that moves to DDR4 and AM4 universal uniform that will be uniform for the entire line of FX series And
but without compatibility with DDR3

V
Vinni-Pukh 11.02.20

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
And You don't believe in a few years AMD will release new FX
New FX in January 2017, that's a fact.
22 nm
Well, it has long been clear that 16 nm

V

Vinni-Pukh
If anything, the segment of graphics cards rather invent process technology 14 nm (as in Intel).

V
Vinni-Pukh 11.02.20

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
I do not understand what you are discussing, write some nonsense. What kind of graphics card ? What do you mean ?

V

SUSUL1
The compatibility of different DDR in one socket seems nobody invented (and any chipset designed for your socket?). No, just only the chipset is important, series G31/P35/X38've already had DDR3 on LGA775.

S
SUSUL1 11.02.20

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
I highly doubt that the new FX will the memory controller support DDR3
besides, nobody cancelled and not physically compatible cocerta=)

S
SUSUL1 11.02.20

I recently thought, rather than in anticipation of the hot summer food to cool, and then it goes on GA-970a-UD3P heated was too much...
The exit was easy!
3 the dryer to 40 mm and double-sided tape=)
two days - normal flight=)
And the chipset is the same planted, not come unstuck yet...
colosing light=)
sit like a native

S
SUSUL1 11.02.20

People, there is a small problem
When you turn on the computer writing about not the correct settings, and offers to put them in the default, or enter the BIOS.
Enter the BIOS, click F10 and it loaded as if nothing had happened...
What could be the problem with these feints?
I would understand if after the reboot he would be again in the BIOS I was sent, but it will start the infection!\
However on the test OCCT gives an error for 6-7 minute, but to hell with this test=)
And another question, even though I put the maximum voltage of as much as 1.42, but the processor still does not take more than 1.378 In that he would not give more to eat?

V

SUSUL1

If the maximum voltage determines the same sensor that the number 1.378 something for nothing. But if these are different sensors (that is, the food really tries to 1.42). It means that part of the voltage drops on something else.
But this is science fiction, not numb do you get copper in the processor?

S
SUSUL1 11.02.20

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
No, not numb, hike OCCT is simply not correct displays, corporate gigabytega utility shows closer to the established values, if I manage to start it=)
It should be noted that programmers have Gigabytes of those pictures=)

S
SUSUL1 11.02.20

People in General noticed a strange thing, should I bring the CPU multiplier for 4 GHz, I reset the memory settings to 1600 instead of 1866 (1866 exhibited while in XMP profile) and returns the frequency of the processor at 4000мГц, turboboost works up to 4.5 GHz .
Here I do not catch up, did the overclocking by multiplier pulls in an increase in memory speeds?

S
SUSUL1 11.02.20

people overlookinga stopped doing?
Question is there
Could there be a situation where the timings of the XMP profile set so aggressively that the increase of CPU frequency over 4 GHz leads to failure at system startup ?
And that ridiculously already reached, with a drop frequency and I figured out I had HPC mod to enable and disable APM...
As much as I want swearing, I thought that frequency due to overheating of the power reset... But pasted the fans there still not be amiss was...
But with overclocking 4 GHz bole generally PI-TS! The voltage on the core at least 1.5 In put is not checked in the BIOS, the failure of goes somewhere in other place! So err on the memory...
memory KINGSTON HYPERX Savage HX318C9SRK2/16 DDR3 - 1866 2x 8Gb

S
Saints Russia 11.02.20

The people of this question, X79Deluxe Asus motherboard (latest BIOS), I7 4820K percent. So I decided to overclock it a bit and this problem came out that with increasing frequency above 4 GHz, whether it is 4.1, 4.2 and so the computer begins to start twice, that is, when you press the power button it starts for a second, fades out and then starts up as usual while acceleration is not reset, what to do, is this normal?

V
Vinni-Pukh 11.02.20

Saints Russia
I was from overclocking the RAM.
SUSUL1
Go on over and write the problem, then all the Intel, and there's a whole branch.

S
Saints Russia 11.02.20

Vinni-Pukh
RAM of at least some frequency put still double start, but if the percent of return at 4 GHz all the rules

V
Vinni-Pukh 11.02.20

Saints Russia
Means throw all by default, double start?