3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Saulet Erboluly 19.02.20 10:56 pm

Impressions of the game (Dreamfall Chapters)

Share opinions who play this magical game
56 Comments
Sort by:
7 look 19.02.20

Passed finally the first book with Ruzicka. Being a fan of the first two parts I want to say:
Graphics, it is certainly Yes. The lighting is impressive, considering the game was developed on Unity. Given the rich stream of horrible games on this engine, I want to finally say - not in the engine business and the developers. My only complaint (compared to Dreamfall'th) - animation.
Conversations became more. Some decisions affect the further development of the plot (not globally, but still). It is now fashionable, to a lesser extent in The Walking Dead are more in the Life is Strange. Good or bad? On the one hand the previous Dreamfall did without this and it does not interfere. On the other hand wonder how the developers will increase the scope of impact from player's decision.
Plot. While wondering what will happen next. Happy the mere fact that this game came out.
And that's interesting. The developers were raising funds for development on kickstarter. Is no publisher, seeing such a fuss about continue, did not want to support the development of the game?
And Yes, still: at the end of the first book: Magnus and Etta, it was an accident not related to Cassandra Clare?

j
jane334 19.02.20

interesting character design,the graphics got better perhaps it's all pluses..I like this part recalled one to one deus ex human revolution.roam monotonous city with holograms and walk around dozens of dummy NPCs can't be interacted with(to take quests or just to talk)only without a fight,annoying that there is no normal maps and don't know where to go until you run around the city three times.quests give a few characters only,strictly according to the storyline,vtorostepennyh as no.the plot of the game is generally poorly understood,Zoe mutters something inaudible,stammering,vocabulary, many are constantly dependent on FAK yeah the shield.policy why it dragged.you do not want to compel,but the impressions were just like that.in General the standard of the longest journey.zhdems next episode

c
cobra10x 19.02.20

Who was able to configure XBOX 360 Controller emulator for the Logitech RumblePad 2 ,in all the games he works great and emulates the 360 pad here, tried everything ,nothing helps ,the latest version ,and zero sense.Threw all files from xinput1_1.dll to xinput9_1_0.dll including xinput1_4.dll by the way earned him the game Ori and the Blind Forest , if anyone knows how to set the emulsion ,please write.

M
Marongo 19.02.20

the question arose - is it possible to play and understand the game if not played the previous parts? just a mix of cyberpunk and fantasy draws...

N
Nemezis 19.02.20

Marongo
There no cyberpunk at all.
------------
Well. Had long since left the last part, and comments no. That only confirms my words about the boredom of the game.
Yes, and the 5th Chapter virtually wiped out absolutely everything that was in the Abyss.
Frankly, you could begin immediately with the 5-th Chapter.

Disappointed terrible. In comparison with what incredibly interesting was the Longest Journey, Chapters - just a wild shit.

H
Havk999 19.02.20

Well what can I say about the game.
For a start, dear critics, do me a favor wipe your eyes pereprodaet the game and pegmatite those items that you have managed to miss or politely silent. Oh yeah, for some obscure reason, the discussion has not gone further than the first book. If not played then the first book because of the frustration I advise you to remember the ending of the second game of the series where the Ghost of Zoe warned about cutting and what it is to be feared. Agree it was done for a reason.
The first plot is linked with the previous games in the series and linked quite sensibly, given the logic of the universe prikopat quite difficult that is only for plus igrew. On the other hand, the minus is the fact that in the story the Corporation VATI actually faded into the background and why did you kill Pits we did not know, although given the problems of development, something tells me that the creators wanted to cover it but they had to abandon it. I'll also remind critics that for these issues the game was divided into episodes and originally wanted to release a single product, a single game.But as the game and the plot is quite coherent and each other do not contradict, just as not contrary to other games in the series.
The same binding element of the story is a Saga, as we learn from the end of the game the lady that Alvan was in the first game of the series. I must say her appearance has caused quite a few questions and few answers. For example, we know virtually nothing about her and how she lived and in General what kind of war for the balance said. Such issues would like to highlight more specifically for those who have not played the first part. On the other hand her home, the home is timeless and for her, the war may be in the past and in the future, that actually explains how she was able to meet April Ryan being her reinkarnatsii.
Step away from the plot and talk about characters and dialogues. Many complain of what they say is incoherent. I will answer only what is wrong, to understand why you must be yourself, otherwise the dialogues of the Witcher, Syberia, and other games can also be attributed to delirium without communication. They have a vivid charm and funny to watch, and let the result often are known in advance, the fact that we are given a choice of ways to achieve the objective quite important.
The characters themselves outperform ourselves of the second part. For example, Zoe, was rather a sort of machine for playing games but here it is quite a lively person. Kian the Alwan, the beginnings of doubt he had in the second part, found here its output in full. The new characters are good for her and fun from time to time.
Music? well, I think here all will agree that she is gorgeous and complaints not appeals.

S
Snite_Poerti 19.02.20

In a nutshell, will speak about the game.
DreamFall Chapters is a very memorable, interesting project. The downside, I think it is just a modest budget. This is reflected in the poor animation,dull facial animation, poor optimization and frequent downloads. Because of all this sometimes becomes very difficult to perceive the game as a good story. The story itself is pretty good, especially remember the last two books and the ending of the game caused a storm of emotions).
Like excessive pathos about the impact decisions in the next books. It was nice to read his actions at the end of each book.
The music is pretty good, but I want to highlight only a very short melody of A Song For Kian.
It is not like that the game brings the universe of DreamFall nothing new. Same faces, same places. In this respect, 1 part for me will always be the best. Because it was just a wonderful adventure with a gorgeous story (Syberia close and in my opinion was not).
For me Chapters is a kind of sedative after botched (in my opinion) 2 parts. Here, though the plot is, after all, I want to follow, and secondly, I did not penetrate.
But still wish these games were more (from the atmosphere). Because DIY telltale games makes me cringe.
In any case, the story of me etched in my memory. Many games now can say the same?

y
yariko.v 19.02.20

Toy love, but with a small caveat, I walked her up to the second book yet. And in this book, progress stalled... whether full story the trigger is stuck, or something I missed. However, I ran almost the entire map, looked almost in every corner, but... the plot is not moving. So I've switched to The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, the same very interesting and addictive.

L
Leonardus 19.02.20

Hmm, I'm sorry what a wonderful and atmospheric story about two parallel worlds, the game has slipped in a shitty tolerastov, about gays and lesbo

s
stalker99 19.02.20

: Inferno
The first two parts were the same and it didn't stop them from being masterpieces. Chapters long sprints, but the fifth book is excellent and raises a beautiful point in the entire series

y
yariko.v 19.02.20

Yes, there were some problems with the misunderstanding of the passage, it is very difficult it was to find a photograph of Hannah, the most difficult task in the game, the rest went off without any prompts.... But, overall, the toy is gorgeous. And of course, elegant translation, which does not byloby to rate this masterpiece, for which many thanks to the translators. Last part I bought on the persons-drive, it is a pity that this game has not released a Russian publisher, I'd definitely buy this is a great sequel to Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. Optimization of the game is also gorgeous, GF9800 coped with the task. Particularly liked the system of decisions and consequences, will certainly be interesting to go more than once, by the way, the previous part I went 3 times with pleasure. It's a big film in which you also participate. Looks like this toy will never get old, as the first The Longest Journey, released in 1999 Yes, it was worth to wait almost ten years!

y
yariko.v 19.02.20

Leonardus wrote:
Hmm, I'm sorry what a wonderful and atmospheric story about two parallel worlds, the game has slipped in a shitty tolerastov, about gays and lesbo
Thank Tørnquist that even though Zoe is normally oriented. Although the gameplay focuses on LGBT values, IMHO.

d
dass653 20.08.21

Passed recently - I personally did not really like the beginning of the game - somehow everything is crumpled and almost all quests are too long ... Plus frequent glitches with the search for something in the game - when we play for Saga we need to find drawings - the last drawing was not read only after the reboot - also for Kian when the Mole gives us instructions to find an informant if I understood correctly, well, in short, it doesn't matter - the fact is that this guy himself disappears and nothing happened, only the reboot helped. Well, okay, don't care ... playing for Saga, the idea is to arrange the episodes (as it was translated))) the drawings as it was, in the previous parts as it is a little illogical (for fans) .. because who does not know how and what was in the game is stupid It seems to me not quite a logical approach to lay it out at random. But the ending really took over the minuses up, though not straight wow - but still. It was a pity for the crow - and now the turn with West House was completely unexpected! But about Wamon and Sahyu, in principle, I assumed that either he would kill her or she would kill him ... but it was obvious that it was unlikely that anyone would share the power)) - But again they somehow confused the ending .. so the game is okay .. but the past ones were better than my personal opinion that is boring anyway. For the crow script humor, as always, is great, and it pleased over the last playthroughs the rest - too protracted and confused and slow. but in general, well done all the same! but the past ones were better than my personal opinion that and boring all the same. For the crow script humor, as always, is great, and it pleased over the last playthroughs the rest - too protracted and confused and slow. but in general, well done all the same! but the past ones were better than my personal opinion that and boring all the same. For the crow scenario, humor, as always, is great, and it pleased over the last playthroughs the rest - too protracted and confused and slow. but in general, well done all the same!

D
Documents and Settings 31.08.21

The ending just finished it off! The saga says, they say, history has already been written down, we still cannot change it, all that remains is to fulfill it. Why the hell, then, all the way I was forced to make some kind of a choice that was sucked out of my finger, with a dramatic face reported that "the balance had shifted"? WHAT IS THIS???

To make it clearer, I will explain with an example. It is difficult to imagine a war
if both sides firmly knew how it would end. And their idea of ​​its result would exactly
coincide. Suppose the obvious result is that half of the
soldiers will be killed in one army , and one third in the other. So why not kill, without any war, precisely those soldiers
who are destined to die, and establish a new border between countries where it is
would have passed as a result of the war? Then both sides at least saved time, ammunition that
would explode and not kill anyone, and food for soldiers who are destined to
die anyway. Both sides would only benefit from such an agreement.
Next step. Why not agree to kill not so many soldiers, but a little less
- on both sides? Etc. So we come to the idea of ​​disarming and destroying some of the
weapons.
What prevents such agreements? Hope to deceive the enemy. After all, he does not know
what a cunning plan we have! Well, we’ll figure out his plans somehow. Or we'll send spies ...
(by the way, this is from Tarasov's book "The Principles of Life")

And now let's remember what the Saga "prophesied" to us: two wars in a row, and even the results with which they will end. I really want to slap the screenwriters for this. As well as to Saga herself, who, with an impudent and at the same time innocent look, says: you will have to adopt me! Imagine, for example, you come to Putin and tell him: you will have to adopt me!

By the way, where did the Saga come from? She was specially given birth (!!!) as the reincarnation of April Ryan and at the same time a dragon-born (itit-pound!). You might think that the parents knew in advance who they would get in the end: not a child, not a toy, but an unknown animal ... And this is a stupid name: a saga about the Saga, damn it.

In short, the whole story is like this. Which boiled down to a tedious and ultimately useless running around for the rebels. If we cut it three times, nothing would change: history would only benefit from it. Moreover, there is still no gameplay there. Why, for example, were we allowed to steer an infant? - Just for the sake of show-off? Or to keep the canon: the game is played by all means on behalf of three characters, as in the previous part?

But really, in the previous parts there was no such nonsense! The first part (TLJ) is difficult to take seriously as it is just a children's quest. And in this capacity, the game is really not bad, although the whole story boiled down to a search for pianos in the bushes. In the second part (Dreamfall) there was even a hint of cyberpunk - although this is clearly not the genre and even the wrong setting (how, for example, "shifters" and "dreamers" "coexist" with each other). And yet it was, oddly enough, quite appropriate and very promising. The third part crossed out everything, saying that the developers have nothing to offer us, except for this dummy. They stuffed everything in a row: magic, technology, cyberpunk, fantasy, lucid dreaming, economic dystopias, quantum mechanics - eat, do not crap, as they say. Better to focus on one thing. Since they have nothing new to say, it all came down to the shuffling of the characters of the previous episodes. A kind of endless self-parody.
As a result: a wacky story and missing gameplay. No quest, no action - nothing: just an interactive video with the illusion of choice.

The riddles of the previous parts were also not solved. More precisely, they gave us the answers, but they didn't answer. Not such answers and "clues" I expected. Remember, for example, the ending of Dreamfall? Zoe says be careful, Dad, this is not Reza! Immediately the question is: how is this so? O_o A demon possessed in his body, which only Zoe sees from her dream coma? In the end, it turned out that
Spoilery just seemed so. There are no words just!

In short, the technology has been worked out since the days of LOST: some action takes place, and we are shown something strange that does not fit into the established idea. The viewer begins to think that this is something important, that this is a new riddle or some kind of symbol. And then, six seasons later, it turns out that this did not make any special sense, and the most obvious answer or completely impossible one is selected for the explanation, casually attached to the general plot. This point can be attributed both to individual details and to the entire plot of the series as a whole.

And this mourning, slightly pretentious and at the same time tragic music with such "light" sadness - I mean the main theme, which sounds in the main menu. Why is she? What did the developers want to say? - Probably, it's hard to live when you know in advance how everything will end. And when history is driven by precisely those who, for some unknown reason, were not informed about such "fatalism" - otherwise it is not clear where any conflict would come from at all. Or maybe this is a reference to how the Saga ended up doing with her parents?
Spoiler "Traded" them for an elixir of multiple consecutive orgasms
For comparison, remember the main theme from the Dreamfall main menu - just an Indian flute, nothing pretentious or tragic, not even a hint of it. It's just such "adventure" music.

By the way, the topic of sex is constantly pedaling (and on behalf of Zoya as well - she says there that she loves to spend a lot of time in bed), and this is a clear allusion to the target audience of this game.

PS
The pluses include simply an unreal grafon, it is not clear how it is implemented on the unity engine. Perhaps this is the only thing that the game can really boast of. Moreover, it feels like all the female characters are copied from some real supermodels - so that they would permanently want to blow. Nothing more than a fan service, of course, but in the absence of everything else, it's pretty nice, although it demonstrates the "level" of this game. (However, this does not apply to bow-legged and authentic April.)

The adult Saga was given to us to steer in just one scene, but already there it is clear that she moves like a fashion model (waving her arms and swaying her hips: a characteristic gait on the catwalk).

D
Documents and Settings 31.08.21

I just don't like the idea this game is trying to convey. Alchemy is much easier than chemistry! Indeed, he took three unrelated components, besides peeped in the reference book, mixed with each other, waited for the "poof" - and you're done! As Saga said, it's like I have cheat codes from life. Or it's like looking at the answers at the end of a tutorial.

By the way, about the textbooks. In the very first part of the game (TLJ), April Ryan played on the side of science. Which means she was supposed to be pretty smart - especially compared to all those "magical" ones. But not a fig like that! She can’t do tic-tac-toe, or classics. Even a quick bill made a calculator for it. Actually, all her "scholarship" lies in the fact that she brought from Stark a magnetic screwdriver and a calculator - things that she did not invent and did not even make!
As Clive Lewis said, if I cry to a rickshaw, I have no right to call myself strong. We use the mentioned fruits of science because someone sold them to us or gave us the right to them.

I would say that magic is a freebie. But in this case, this is only half the truth. Because from a developer's point of view, science is also a freebie! Disney and Spielberg's creations come to mind: Go, Ready Player One, and so on. (thousands of them). "Forward" is downright an apology for a freebie. The role of a freebie is played by magic. However, as reported at the beginning of the cartoon, magic was abandoned because it was "too difficult"! (b-d-d-d) It turned out to be easier to press the light switch button than to cast a spell. One might think, for the sake of this, mankind has piled up this entire civilization - in order to "simplify" life for all of us. It doesn't seem like life has become easier.

"Ready Player One" boiled down to looking for pianos in the bushes. When the prophet "with a bare bottom" (just like April - in some shorts) and without a penny for his soul bursts into the thick of events - and does what before him, for some reason, no one else thought of (did not notice the piano in the bushes) ... They say I didn’t notice the elephant.
It's easy to see that April is doing the same thing. Her whole mission of reconciling the two peoples ... I was surprised that these peoples by themselves have not yet reconciled. Moreover, there was no reason for their enmity. It's like in that joke: well, where are these bees!

SpoilerPS
Regarding the unsolved mysteries of Dreamfall - I personally did not understand why it was necessary to save April Ryan, and what was this "salvation"? - That she was killed? So after all, she would have been killed anyway, and without any "help" from Zoe. But, it seems, the developers are sure that Zoe really saved her - after all, after that she "saved" that little girl too - by killing her too. :))
By the way, if anyone hasn't noticed, the arc with April Ryan's "rescue" is repeated twice. Zoe goes to Arcadia, finds April there, offers her ... hmm, help? April refuses this "help" (says she doesn't need to be rescued). Then Zoe is looking for a way out of this "dream".

And then everything is repeated over again. In my opinion, this is just bad manners on the part of the writers. I would like to say less is better. Why do you need the LONGEST journey? What is this phallometry for?

A
Anabioz73 09.07.22

We here on the stream staged a marathon throughout the series. After the 1st, the second seems to be a passerby. And the last one is generally fierce shit with a torn narrative and very tortured humor. And also commie shizoy, where without it