3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Bonevers 21.02.20 02:13 pm

Silent Hill 2 vs. Silent Hill 4. What's scarier? (Silent Hill 4: The Room)

With the recent release of Silent Hill 4 I started to get upset sickly .Poor music ,poor level design and monsters, there's no atmosphere...the passage I yawned from skokie
But Silent Hill 2 is a MASTERPIECE of the horror business !Scary , interesting ,atmospheric...
But I want to know your opinion.Can discuss and compare and other parts of this ordinanoe horror series.
82 Comments
Sort by:
H
HarryPotter 21.02.20

Friend, I agree with you completely! The second is a masterpiece! Yes that a sin to conceal-the third is also good, as it would not smear!

L
Lexus 21.02.20

Music for nothing down,and the rest of your righteousness

B
Bonevers 21.02.20

I music the fourth part is not lowered.It's good,but will agree to the first,second, or third part, it clearly falls short. The music in Silent Hill 4 are weak in comparison with the Silent Hill series,and so normal.
Personally, I liked only one song :Melissa Williamson - Room of Angel.Akira Yamaoka also does its obyazonosti , but not with such intensity as before.

R
RagDoll 21.02.20

I agree, maybe the game is not so terrible compared with the second one the one hand, the monsters are really not as scary as the second, but on the other hand this game differs from other games in the series almost everyone, it is individual, a completely different story isn't it? The controls are comfortable, fighting less, but it is waiting, the expectation that someone can crawl out of semi-darkness and shouting to rush at you, the atmosphere here is dominated by, no matter how hardcore of Silent Helucom I was not, but the third part I did not like, first the fact that there are a lot of firearms, it is not very atmosfernaja compared to other. What I liked the most is the fact that in SH4 a little firearms, so much worse, I don't know about you but the fourth part is the scariest game is the best!!!!!

g
ghostboy 21.02.20

Remember the feeling captivating and alluring in a dark corner of fear? The fear, not of interest *what's around the corner* or *and suddenly a new type of monster*.. Remember how scary it was to hear the first howls of the voice, expecting a bunch of evil monsters? And anyway, those who remember SH2(3) are unlikely to scare her younger sister SH4.
I didn't like the game design style *clean the screen from dust*. This is not a blood-smeared wall with hanging on to them guts. It's just a rather plain, dull environment is not very conducive to the deadly horrors.. And anyway, the game is just too LIGHT. Night in the woods, in the basement of the prison, in the corridors of the house, in the broken subway. Light everywhere. If you remove half brightness, it will add some mystique, still far from SH2.
Music in the fourth part just a LITTLE. Less than a second.=)
The combat element of the game was inspired not so much horror, how much irritation. About KLASSICHESKIE criocerinae management will not speak, already used. But to kill the FUCK***TION of dogs with 30 shots - this is just a shouting match. In the third part of all Gherla few strokes of the knife monsters huge quenched, and 4 part of a clumsy man in a white shirt can't decayed dog to kill. It's not so much a question of difficulty, as the question of its soundness. Why two-handed monster (the most rocking of all the games at all!!!) it is easier to kill than a dog something?!
Monsters...OOO... a separate issue. In the fourth part they're not terrible, no.. They are disgusting, these monsters want to puke, they are memorable, just STEERING!!! But few of them (in the sense of varieties so to speak), and that is bad. In the second part of the monsters were just terrible, maybe with minor flaws in the graphics, but this is not so important! Meeting with them Scarecrow, the fight was exciting..
The game itself is more thaaaaaaat than the second part. It was all very fast - be scared in no time it is necessary to solve a new mystery. In the fourth part have a lot of pointless running, to remain in this wretched hut, improve Health, etc. And when the replays of the levels I had an urge to just score the game and carry it from the disk. Is that practice, a new way to churn out games???
Maybe if you had the whole game to spend the comfort from Geniney hut or better yet, live in his toilet???
Didn't have a favorite town of silent hill, sorry:((((((((
Generally, despite the repetition of levels (it is actually not that fear instilled - irritation and only!) toy deserves its title of Horror, maybe it still doesn't change itself, albeit in a slightly different style. There is a bit truly terrible toys. And all new games of any series compare with the previous one (which are always in the eyes of loyal fans *better, more interesting, scarier*). All the same, the second silent hill there... So we play what is...

B
Bonevers 21.02.20

RagDoll ,the first time will allow to disagree with you .Fights in Silent Hill 4 a lot ,but they are poorly furnished.You say-the animal fear ,I say it is not !In SH 4 you are not afraid to have a meeting with a monster (which is made here is also crooked as the atmosphere).And yet, you played the second part ?
Ghostboy - I agree with you.Silent Hill 2 is gone... is Gone the atmosphere of the animal Stach and was replaced by Silent Hill 4. Well, let's play all you can ,all the same SH 4 a good game.But not horror-more ek-Shen !
PS coming Soon horror Obscure.I played the demo and you say, shitty animation , but the atmosphere( I thought ) is present. Though of course to silent her away ....

R
RagDoll 21.02.20

Bonevers Yes, I played SH2 and SH for number one too, even especially to other SONY went and sat down, I played all, certainly the best second, but the fourth is much better than the third(this is purely personal opinion)

B
Bonevers 21.02.20

Well I think that SH 3 normal toy.The first part is also cool (I have one now ).But the fourth...

L
Lexus 21.02.20

Silent Hill 3 do not touch.SH4 doesn't even come close.

L
Lexus 21.02.20

Bonevers kolis.Where did you get the first part?

R
RagDoll 21.02.20

No I'm not saying that SH3 is bad, just monsters what is absurd, SH4 first and foremost good the fact that it differs from the others, for example I liked that the puzzles were not many and they are logical, ie, not tired, all done and go on about levels, most likely they are not a bad design, but simply nastukivat their frequency of occurrence, but the plot, well, admit it you are not tired of the story in which we find ourselves in the city and all boils down to what we need to get out of this nightmare, first and foremost it should be noted his originalnost and differences from the other parts. By the way the same question CTUs did you get the first part, and the controls are tortured

B
Bonevers 21.02.20

I bought one of the SonyPlaystation shops.Silent Hill 1 on SonyPlaystation .But I have a CD of Ukrainian firms (as he lived in the Ukraine ),and in Russia it's-I don't know .
But that went on the PC you need to download epsXe playstation emulator(I have version 1.6),the BIOS and video plugins ,and then properly configure them . SH 1 and go!And to survive you can not check-points and where I want .
To che is unclear, just ask.

g
ghostboy 21.02.20

RagDoll says:
*you have to admit you are not tired of the story in which we find ourselves in the city and all boils down to what we need to get out of this nightmare*
I confess that the new and original idea to get out of the filthy hut through a hole in the toilet I liked much less than around town the CX.
As for the monsters in the third part of OK, they are not ridiculous, they are even funny some. Although if we come across terrible...
The first part of the PS disk you can buy on the top crust. And no store I've seen recently.

L
Lexus 21.02.20

Disk of problems is not very much,but with the emulator...Bonevers,throw a link where downloaded.Do not be lazy,and that people are worried.

B
Bonevers 21.02.20

Ehhh....I will try. Although the Rambler links you can find a lot (and writing download epsxe ).
Here you can find the emulator and the user - emu-russia.ru here, too, a lot of things - atomic.spb.ru

L
Le][us 21.02.20

Bonevers,thanks for the tip.Emulator is successfully downloaded,the drive is not less well ordered,people waiting...

R
RagDoll 21.02.20

SH2 scary, but SH4 is more interesting

L
Le][us 21.02.20

It is not necessary to start all over again-to argue already vpadlu...

R
RagDoll 21.02.20

And why not, I said, I'm bored

B
Bonevers 21.02.20

RagDoll , and I think that SH 2 SH 4 interesting . Not least because he keeps constantly in tension , and in SH 4 tedious go and cut the monsters .Although interesting points too much.