3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Bonevers 21.02.20 02:13 pm

Silent Hill 2 vs. Silent Hill 4. What's scarier? (Silent Hill 4: The Room)

With the recent release of Silent Hill 4 I started to get upset sickly .Poor music ,poor level design and monsters, there's no atmosphere...the passage I yawned from skokie
But Silent Hill 2 is a MASTERPIECE of the horror business !Scary , interesting ,atmospheric...
But I want to know your opinion.Can discuss and compare and other parts of this ordinanoe horror series.
82 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nemezis 21.02.20

And I think that someone lost in their mental development! In the early development of silent hill 4 the Japanese have said they want to make an adult game. And they did it! Since none of the above, and the undersigned critics, and could not their childish (although more suitable word chicken) brains to understand the depth and complexity (no matter how pathetic it sounds, but there it is) of this game. I feel sorry for you. Sincerely.

h
haha your dead 21.02.20

I was most annoyed by the fact that you (MCFool & 666) say that in these games the main story, and then begin to say that in 2-3 parts it is very banal and not interesting, like what you said, just empty words. You see for you are very commonplace that my Husband is looking for a wife in a stupid town! I don't understand how you can play something without thinking of the plot, without going into its depth entirely and without reserve, especially if the game silent hill(especially 2 section; I'm not a fan of part 2 as you might think, I just really appreciate her story)! Yes, there is, in my opinion, the best story ever seen in any horror. When I played Silent Hill2, and finally passed it(with 5 endings, no dog and something) I was surprised because this piece left us so many thoughts, several times more questions than answers. I thought of this game is extremely long: I recalled all the nuances and subtleties of the story, speculated, increasing complexity in the understanding, but all of them fell when I recalled the smallest details... I think this game is bottomless in terms of disclosure of the secrets of the plot, no matter how much you thought of him, questions arise more and more, so this game is so interesting to most, those who consider this part the best, who really cares. The story, pardon the comparison, as a woman/girl, because the woman/girl should be a mystery, otherwise it has nothing interesting(only their shapes:)). In this game there is an incomparable atmosphere of fear that permeates you, and most importantly your soul, even if you know perfectly well that this is a game. This promotes the strongest emotional and mental pumped, again, plot.

In short, it's not just listening to conversations and watching movies, you have to think about it, that's when you get a real pleasure from the game, when you totally feel for the main character.
So.

M
Mordvinceva Anastasiya 21.02.20

Nemesis
It is a forum. Here everyone expresses their opinion about the game. If you
not like someone else - share your. Not to disprove other people's arguments.

N
Nemezis 21.02.20

haha your dead - first of all, 666 and Nemesis is me. Now about the case. I don't get annoyed, and surprised that you see what is not there (that's me about the story in silent hill 2) and do not see something above the roof (story in CX 4)! You say that a lot of thought, after the CX 2. Here's my opinion on this plot. James killed sick wife (euthanasia at home). After that, he slides down the roof (the body's natural reaction to trauma) and he forgets what he did. Silent hill was for him the stimulus, which helped recall the subconscious (Freud). All the plot unraveled. Where is still a mystery not see. I saw one story where the hero returns with Maria. If you have save ends - throw please I'll take a look, draw conclusions and, maybe, change my attitude (doubt). Here in the first hill and the fourth is something to think about. First I played 4 years ago but still looking for the answer to the riddle of this town. All collisions of murder (SKH 4) is not solved until the end. And you say... CX 3 I have not played and nothing about him said - it is not necessary to run into me because of him. Always happy to debate the truth is born in dispute. Good luck.

h
haha your dead 21.02.20

The plot, I like this prikolnenkaya fantastic story-mystery, but horror, I think there are few. And that's too bad. I really liked the idea of a flat, which until the mid-game you can walk, no fear, and then off we go, it's cool. Now, why the game failed:
1) Developed have deprived us of many things that differentiate silent hill from other games of the genre, such as:
radio is a very cool thing, can't remember exactly, but someone here said that with the radio you instantly know when a monster is near, and it kills fear of the unknown, BUT when the noise radio(and for every kind of Mostow different sounds), you bad wondering in the dark where the monster, and which side he'll appear, you begin wildly spinning around, trying to illuminate a darkened area with a flashlight(which, incidentally, also did not enter in the situation with SH4), but it turns out badly because in 2-3 parts camera control is just awful, and very frightening that you don't see anything that, for example, the back (when you walk forward, hearing the sound of the radio, decide to check the rear, it nicherta not visible), and just at the moment when you try to see beyond your nose, you jumping any creature, by the way, here you have the element of surprise, even if the radio can be scared so that they will have all day to wash the linen(not literally of course). Whoever said that radio takes away the element of surprise, in SH4 also has a pathetic excuse for a radio, next to the monsters Henry a headache.
2) the Flashlight about him, I said, but I want to note that in SH4 too light, and he, for obvious reasons, simply not needed. But it is a minus of the fourth part, it's even worse than the lack of a radio, because the game has lost a huge part of the atmosphere of fear, which is famous for the series. To wander through the levels too easy and not as scary, because the darkness is no more and the circle of bright light(about the brightest light, rather for the rhyme:))). In short these developers seriously miscalculated.
3) Where is silent hill?!, them there was not even smell(the name and a few notes in the game, with the mention of the city, is not considered. All have long been accustomed to the city, and not to include it in this part was the height of insolence on the part of the developers. Again, they have taken away a part of the atmosphere of the previous parts, I personally lacked the dense fog enveloping the city, its deserted streets, etc.
4) I was Very much zabeila that since the second half of the game, the levels repeat, get bored, then I think everyone will understand me.
5) the Monsters in SH4 rather disgusting than scary.
The only monsters from all parts, which I was afraid of-Pyramid. Their appearance, their hatchets, their immortality it's really terrified. Remember, at the first meeting I disabled the radio in the settings,so I already murazhki the skin ran from the sound that I heard. Still where by walking around the Pyramid(where the cleaver find), I remember the run of themselves on this circular corridor with a disabled radio, and direct nose-to-nose, if I may say so, to face Him. Honestly, I almost shit my trousers and almost fell off my chair:)))

Now, in General the main I have listed.

Nothing is said about SH3, since I don't particularly like it because of the almost complete similarity of the plot with the first part, and also due to the fact that the Action takes up most of the game, and it is not good. And so, kind of interesting.
In addition, the topic is called SH2 vs. SH4

About 2 parts you are wrong, or rather not at all, because versions very much. Yes, this matters part 2 is not the end, you have to wonder about everything: the town(what happened), the Pyramids(who they are, why they are not really trying to kill James, because they are immortal, they don't care what they need to do from James and in the city), about other characters(again: who? why? what happened to them? why are they in town? what is the role for James?) and many more questions with a huge number of versions to explain the mystery of their own.

PS the Saves can not throw, because I played SH2 for more than a year ago, and has long been erased, as is now very sorry.
ZZY I Love and appreciate the dispute and those who know how to argue.

S
SBloodKnight 21.02.20

In my opinion the best 1 and 3... but the first one is a real masterpiece... 2 devoid of atmosphere inherent in the first... the second silent hill this is a slightly different game, in the second it the darkness, the snow, the emotions... in the second there is no real silent hill 3... generally a little closer to 1.

Well 4 do shit.

P
PlayGround.ru 21.02.20

IMHO, the two worst games in the series. Best those odd=) I 5!

P
Pooh 21.02.20

Better –worse??!! Yes, this probably makes sense, you are arguing to prove which one is cooler:)) But really, where is the truth?)) And maybe the fact that the developers are trying every time to create something unlike any previous!!! And by the way, they get it and prove the opposite, not-a does not work, just every part is good in its own way! Although for me is and will be the very best this is the second part, perhaps because for myself it has opened up the world SH:)) And try to unravel the mysteries of the SH, hmm...try mono, but maybe the creators response to them do not know how you this version?)
p.s. the fifth is also very forward!!!

S
SBloodKnight 21.02.20

Puzzles? Are you talking about =)
All the clues are 1, much razyasnyat in 3... 2 loosely associated with the main branch, 4 does not svazyan... well, just where about the orphanage... 1 it is referred to indirectly... and 4 the whole story on it is tied.

Would be good to see in part 5 the pre-history to 1...

N
Nemezis 21.02.20

Answer to everyone who signed my message:
Agree that the first part is very strong. There is also a lot of characters whose fate is someway intertwined with silent hill, a lot of the unknown and after a lot of questions remain. In short there is something to think about.
I agree that the repetition of levels in the CX 4 - complete crap, but the element of surprise that radio, that without it the same. In the second part only tense up when you hear the radio, in the fourth part - always.
Someone said that CX 4 monsters nasty... And if the abomination inspires disgust and fear - it's cool!
Pyramid head... Well, what to say about them... Ku Klux lanovtsy they (do not know whether he wrote)... But that meeting with them annoying - that's for sure!

And anyway, guys, what we're arguing about? People's tastes are different... the Main thing is that a great series CX left no one indifferent, and each found in it something for themselves. Say I'm a fan of RESIDENT EVIL. Let's reconcile all of you (and me) - fans of CX. I think that the topic is closed. The more I open the more interesting topic...

h
haha your dead 21.02.20

No, I'll answer.
In SH4 headache - like radio, and the tension this also holds only with hurting head.
In SH4 monsters are disgusting(as well as in all parts))), but here especially), and this gives us, speak for yourself, only disgust, no fear(though I like a healthy 2-galouye babies, I remember in prison I just went downstairs to the kitchen, and had not yet sick head as they roar pounced on me; I almost obos..alsya))).

The last paragraph I completely agree, besides, too, am a fan of Resident Evil

M
MCFool 21.02.20

Dude, who said that at the sight of the monsters at Geni a headache? He had a headache only when meeting with ghosts, and with the usual monsters-OK! So the element of surprise in СХ4 there is some... Dude, can you stop arguing, I already wrote why are most like the CX2, chickite above, and I'm not even going to try to convince you, because it is not possible...Pevaya meeting, the first emotions are in memory is much stronger than the next....Let's say Part 2 cool, 4 - Cool! I think all would agree!

h
haha your dead 21.02.20

I agree that one can not be persuaded.
Well, everyone's already expressed his point of view.

P
Preyer 21.02.20

Perhaps I would add a few comments.
>Russel wrote: ...looked in prohodilku to know what they are called. When I learned that this nurse had to laugh

N
Nemezis 21.02.20

Preyer

Actually I agree with your theory, I also came to this conclusion, but... Why do you think that Walter didn't know fully about the ritual? Even in those papers-scrapbook that can be found in the game, there is mention of the ritual, which says that the eleventh victim is a rebirth that leads to immortality! Walter studying the ritual is unlikely they would not understand. In addition, he knew this because on the coffin Sullivan is room 11/21. If he victim is not considered - this room nebylo! And where did Walter's body behind the wall? If he thought he was alive, he would not began to search for the tomb and extract his body out - he would simply not know about his death.

M
MCFool 21.02.20

Sluhay guys... I don't understand one thing... namely, Well I agree, little Walter could think his mother's room, because of its maloley, and oppression of the brain, but more that Walter thought so why? He grew up and didn't even know where normal people take children?=)))) Surely he could not understand what the room can't be his mother, because it is not possible? He had to understand that he has real parents!

N
Nemezis 21.02.20

МСFool

Probably do the roof the guy went....... ;-)
And I here do not understand the other - what should have happened Walter complete his ritual? And who is the final monster? If Walter wanted to be reunited with my mother, how this slimy (fu-u-u-u-u-u-u) monster could help him? Do not vezzhat in any way!

And in General we have moved away from the initial topic... Maybe a new create - Who do not understand the CX?

M
MCFool 21.02.20

Nemesis - Dude, that's why I ask, can be a great Walter still knew her real mother, but she died and he wanted to resurrect it? Otherwise, why was he doing this ritual? To revive a room? And she is not dead?=)))

N
Nemezis 21.02.20

MCFool

It dawned on me! After all, a ritual called the coming mother or something like that (the arrival - in the sense of the appearance! :-))... So, I guess he's decided to bring into this world some sort of mother goddess for all the people, well, that they have not experienced such suffering, or whatever. Well as in the history of SKH all wanted to give birth to a God, and he is the mother. Here is the link part of the previous series. I think so...

G
Ge_nom 21.02.20

Hello. I have the double disc version of the game from the Triad. After the game there was no video. Tell me, as it should be or better to buy another version? (Not English)