3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Novyy polzovatel 29.02.20 11:46 pm

Origin or Steam?

What service do you prefer? And why?
227 Comments
Sort by:
G
Gaffi Gaf 29.02.20

steam

t
trustedSunbro 29.02.20

It seems some have forgotten that for disks from the store, too, need a steam or origin.

R
RaPtoR1302 29.02.20

STEAM and nothing but STEAM!

C
CIMAK 29.02.20

Shop with CDs[8]
Steam

I
Ilya Rak 29.02.20

That is, the store with the discs.
And all sorts of services for the enrichment of the holders of these services. And the convenience of zero. All the furnace.

B
BrainKiller 29.02.20

steam and point

s
sanchez752 29.02.20

Ilya Cancer
A good joke)
The digital version is significantly cheaper than boxed, not including sales discounts 90%. The game and all patches loaded and installed on the machine in the silence.

A
Agent 47 - [vernite druze 29.02.20

What service do you prefer? And why?

Fast, easy, and free.

T
Temnoe_Solnce 29.02.20

Shop with discs for cattle. And CD - is all a misunderstanding.
Do not see any obstacles to using and Steam, and origin, and though DIN-DIN with epic kanobi... What the fuck is the difference?
Well the Incentive is, of course, more than anything... and grab alpha Protocol for 30 rubles more chances.

I
Ilya Rak 29.02.20

sanchez752, I love to download patches - then I know it was established. Shakes and steam over a hundred years, the speed is not very large + all the time take away the download because of overloaded servers.

And the price is the same: all incentive for 500-700 rubles. So I can buy at the store for the same.
Sales - I sneezed on games that sell. I don't like them.
Here is wanted recently kruzis to buy on the incentive - so it costs 700 RUB. So what's in it for me?

Besides, the digital version has the feature to disappear (removed, Windows reinstalled, screw-flew). And the disks, if it is good to handle them (like me), will last for years.

T
The Salt 29.02.20

Steam
It is convenient, no doubt. Of course there are a few bugs, but that's okay.
Origin
Not used much, but it is clear that it zabagovan g*UPE, which copies Steam.

B
BrainKiller 29.02.20

pfft Nina for me personally, the speed jumps to the incentive of 1.8-2.5 MB.with and it is at server Central Russia , so no problems with speed there

s
sanchez752 29.02.20

Ilya Cancer
Today the Witcher 2 download speed 20 MB/sec in less than an hour, but this record, generally the speed is 2-5 MB/s - maximum 3 hours. If interesting, you can disable the updates or watch established.
Well, you sneeze, I'm on a Christmas sale I bought 10 favorite games for the price of two boxed.
It is either not a skilled Troll or not in the subject. Digital version linked to your account whose data is stored in a highly encrypted form, and is here to stay. Buddy recovered the account after 7 years of stagnation - all the games on the place - went through steam, installed it.

T
Temnoe_Solnce 29.02.20

It is either not a skilled Troll or not in the subject.
I'd say in the subject.

I
Ilya Rak 29.02.20

sanchez752, what are you about the account said - I do not understand what it is. About the fact that the account stored for many years - that I know. That game is not going anywhere - where do they go?

And the fact that they again will have to download? And the fact that even Skyrim which has no multiplayer that requires steam connected (why is he in the sky)? And the fact that games from steam are in the Director of the abyss - \Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim is the most desirable path to the game, I'd rather not come up.

And the sale I saw nothing that wasn't interested in me.
PS: tomorrow's Mass Effect 3 buy at the store.

B
BrainKiller 29.02.20

Ilya Cancer Well know that Mass Efect 3 is activated through the origin :) and nothing from him you won't stay away

I
Ilya Rak 29.02.20

BadBoy46Rus, I know. Only here:
first: it only activates through origin.
second: I like the originals a little bit more than steam, there you can select the directory for the games.
third: I hate that you have to get over something to start to play.

B
BrainKiller 29.02.20

there you can select the directory for the games O_o why would you do that
is it uncomfortable to have all games in the steamapps folder? or do you like more С:/Игрульки/МАССЭФЕКТ3 ?

O
OakSorcerer 29.02.20

Silly question - obviously the same Steam. The incomparable at the moment.

I
Ilya Rak 29.02.20

BadBoy46Rus, maybe because C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim - this is a very short and clear. Very convenient to enter the directory.
I have all games have the path D:\< game >. So quick access to the resources provided.