3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
CPU-2006 04.09.19 03:50 pm

What are your favorite Genres and why?

My favorite genre is RPG because:
Always have interesting stories, good gameplay, etc.
RTS because:
It makes you a certain strategy games: command and control, the construction of buildings, resource extraction.
3D Action(FPS) because:
You can take a piece, and all otdushi hewing right and left. And count more and more surprising.
Favorite games in these genres: Halva, Quake 3, Gothic 2 night of the Raven, NeverWinterNight-Hordes Of The Underdark, WarCraft 3, Lord of the Ring-The Return of The King, UT2004, Hitman Contract, Diablo 1-2,GTA 3 (both), Sacred, list is very long.
Most of the Genres I HATE Simulators aviation.
With the exception of Karma 1-2 and TDR.
116 Comments
Sort by:
T
Thunder aka Ganman 04.09.19

My most favorite genre is RPG !!! best game genre IMHO !

The unloved is a Stealth-action game and Quest

N
Noga Virta 04.09.19

Gothic is now generally one of the cult role-playing series.
I don't know, do not like it.

R
Reverrius 04.09.19

to Spy-Saboteur
Maybe you're fantasy don't particularly like (or not like)?

O
Okruta 04.09.19

Gothic is a RPG trust me and the other million Fans of this game.
I agree that with RPG elements, but it is action, at least by how the designed control. Management RPG is tied to the mouse click where there the hero and runs someone clicks and attacks.
Management in the Gothic style, is certainly peculiar, but in principle it's more like control of the same GTA 3 than Diablo 2.

T
Temnoe_Solnce 04.09.19

2Окрута MDE, so you think an RPG is necessarily an isometry, a bunch of obscure letters and numbers and long dialogues(not related to Diablo)? Well the Witcher then what? Maybe FPS or TPS? By the way, I read somewhere that Gothic Pluto13 believe Adventure. Trust me an RPG doesn't have to be isometric. Well, oblivion is generally the first person and the niche RPG. Though not called a thoroughbred RPG.

R
Reverrius 04.09.19

to Akruti
You in what century live? It's an old role-playing games, those that isometric was with such control, and now almost all new RPG with WASD and a first/third person, see: Fable, Vampire: the masqurade - Bloodlines, Morrowind, Oblivion, SW: KotOR, The Witсher, Jade Empire, Arx Fatalis, and many other true RPG.
The most stupid thing is to determine the genre of management!!! This is the same as to say, for example, that RTS is not a strategy, because strategies turn-based battles. =))))
The genre is defined by gameplay and game mechanics, in Gothic mechanics 100% Chsna. You're a little or a poorly played RPG, paid attention to the visual aspect, and they are for RPG not means absolutely nothing, because there is an RPG first/third person, there still remembered the series Might & Magic and Wizadry (from the Oldies).
Go to Wikipedia link (which I gave) and read the definition of role-playing games + Gothic.
He can explain: action is intense the fighting, the action (such as those shown on TV) based on the reaction of the player, his accuracy, etc., ie, the ability of the player in pure action movie: kill, kill and kill, getting from this sea of adrenaline.
Now RPG is a game where the player acts out the role, which is formed due to the choice of the player and his role and explores the game world, interact with NPCs and perform quests (quests in RPGs). Dialogue system, the abundance of NPC, role the world (cities with quests, NPC + wild territory with monsters), collecting items, inventory, barter, pimp, experience, etc. - all this in the full form is in the Gothic style. Quests in RPGs traversed as follows: got a job and ran, came back and reported this. Here are the basics of RPG mechanics. Control and view do not belong to the genre defining role-playing games. Gothic - 100% RPG.
Here go to the website and look what is written in the string genre: http://www.snowball.ru/gothic/
PS Diablo 2 all hack'n'slash - RPG sub-genre, a full-blooded characters.

to Unlucky13
She does not.. the developers from the very beginning called it a role-playing game. I interview even with them was reading, like adventure role-playing game.

N
Noga Virta 04.09.19

Maybe you're fantasy don't particularly like (or not like)?
ERM... how to say.. I love 'swagger' fantasy.) I.e. for example in Morrowind or Deus ex, we are gradually immersed in this world, he first for us as a blank slate. When I turned Gothic 2, so I MAG twenty minutes sasnal what happened, where to go, what to do, what is there knights... in General dumped a bunch of information. I (and a hero with partial amnesia) is still not really a clue as to where I actually. And then - a flag in hands and forward.

Yes, I do in all games/books/movies like, the beginning of the forced scares.

edit

Yes, in itself.. . like that pile tsiferok Diablo and NWN more to my liking

R
Reverrius 04.09.19

to Spy-Saboteur
Just Gothic 2 is a direct continuation of the first part and play it, preferably after first passing, then it would be with a mage you would have experienced a lot of joy. :-))

M
Mad Butcher 04.09.19

Currently favorite genres:
- Action - regardless of the subspecies, like both classic and stealth tactics.
- Tactical RTS/TBS - Jagged Alliance 2 and 7.62 forever in the list of favorite games, for damn interesting, and brains warmed up pretty good.
RPG - Fallout-2 in the same list. Story - at altitude. The atmosphere - that is necessary.

In General, I play almost all genres, not limiting myself to just one thing.

Nightwish
>isometric was with such control, and now almost all new RPG with WASD and a first/third person, see: Fable, Vampire: the masqurade - Bloodlines, Morrowind, Oblivion, SW: KotOR, The Witсher, Jade Empire, Arx Fatalis, and many other true RPG.
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines I wouldn't call a pure RPG, because there is a lot depends on the player's reaction and accuracy. Especially when using firearms. Rather RPG/Action.

>The genre is defined by gameplay and game mechanics
Still fighting one way or another are part of the game mechanics, and if the result of the battle depends on the player's reaction, it would be bias in action.

>action is intense the fighting, the action (such as those shown on TV) based on the reaction of the player, his accuracy, etc.
A pure action game. In other subspecies of the same response and accuracy will be enough.

>Control and the form are not relevant to the definition of the genre of role-playing games.
I will only add that the control and view are not relevant to the determination of any genres.

>PS Diablo 2 all hack'n'slash - RPG sub-genre, a full-blooded characters.
I would not say that the hack'n'slash is a subgenre of RPG. Rather betweenie arcade games mixed with action. Pumping there is not a full-fledged role-playing system. Looks like a kind of upgrade character, akin to what already exists in the vast majority of arcade games (top-down or scrollers). Plot branches is exactly zero.
By the way, on the box (sold in Union) written by an Epic RPG game with elements of Thriller. Seriously, I laugh...

T
Temnoe_Solnce 04.09.19

2Mad Butcher but not hack'n'slash role-playing system at a decent level(of course to D&D as the sky), which is only a large variety of things and sets, and polosovoi division identity well. But other characteristics of the RPG-none. I certainly hard to call this nonsense RPG, but taken.

C
Cepera-B 04.09.19

Action like shooting!!!!

L
Loren 04.09.19

I love all genres, but strategies and arcades.
I remember in my early childhood favorite game on the Sega was dune. I thought then, damn, my favorite genre. I will appear on the computer and going to play some strategy. But no, it was not there. Honestly tried to play different strategies, but not hooked. This is a paradox.

PS In the Dune just liked it a strategic component

D
Dobryy D. 04.09.19

My favorite genres – Everything!
Why? – For rolling! :-))))

R
Reverrius 04.09.19

to Mad Butcher
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines I wouldn't call a pure RPG, because there is a lot depends on the player's reaction and accuracy. Especially when using firearms. Rather RPG/Action.
- officially it's RPG with elements of action, but the accuracy of the player depends nothing, since the accuracy of HS depends on the leveling of this skill, a high response game is just not required. So I continue to insist that it is just RPG, great RPG.
After all RPG/Action is Xenus, so whatever the difference is visible.
and if the result of the battle depends on the player's reaction, it would be bias in action.
- if reacii of the player, not role-playing system, for if role-playing system, what would be the reaction of the player was, the damage and accuracy will be a Fig (or on the contrary, in the event of development skills - excellent).
I will only add that the control and view are not relevant to the definition of any genre.
- I agree. There's the same Dreamfall, the adventure, but the controls and the camera looks like in action (not the adventure game such as Myst go Brakes of the Sword), tobish this user, as Okrut would think that Dreamfall action. 8)))
I would not say that the hack'n'slash is a subgenre of RPG.
- now explain. Original hack'n'slash-om called all meat to table D&D firearms and very tobish this genre created based on RPG, or rather RPG genre was born, but due to the lack of hack'n'slash roleplaying (mostly due to poor dialogue and lack of choice), it is attributed not to the RPG genre, and the subgenre of RPG.

O
Okruta 04.09.19

if one idiot took the game to the RPG, and the other supported him, and it appeared in vikipendii, this does not mean that the way it is.
I love action, I Think that GTA action no one will argue.
So Gothic from GTA prakticheski not different (in gameplay). The element of flow, so it in San Andreas is that he is also you RPG?
As far as I remember, today the Russian, as the action be transferred, the Gothic style could not be better reflects the essence.

D
Dobryy D. 04.09.19

So the Gothic from the GTA is virtually identical (for the gameplay).

- Here is how time on the game and different!!! You had that all in mind??

Gothic guys are action... I'm in the second part! Because others do not Gamal – well, maybe the third a bit... GTA is a shooter with RPG elements and GOTHIC on the turn RPG with elements of action... that's how I see it! Conductive generally can long argue about it... but definitely not to single out any one genre (you can only highlight dominant over the other). After all, developed (now increasingly) contribute many additional elements to the gameplay, borrowing ideas from other genres, to somehow diversify! Examples of the mass – the same ksenus, Bioshok, and many other things...

T
Temnoe_Solnce 04.09.19

Nightmare. That freaking role system which is in San Andreas you can't truly role-playing. It as a feature from the developers. Still with a bias to oblivion-shoot more - learn better. Gothic 3 so all tin-there is action skills just do not need, press the left button many times - all battle our. In the second and the first-there Yes, there is one thing, but this is nonsense in comparison with role-playing elements of this mega-game. It would be nice to learn to listen to the opinion of the majority(I'm on Wikipedia), about our great game analyst.

L
Loren 04.09.19

I didn't played the first Gothic, and I personally thought it was more like an RPG.
Is it possible to consider branching dialogues one of the hallmarks of an RPG?

T
Temnoe_Solnce 04.09.19

2Лорен Yes, this is one of the most important features of the RPG(but the real).

M
Mad Butcher 04.09.19

Unlucky13
Yes, not hack'n'slash role-playing system at a decent level(of course to D&D as the sky), which is only a large variety of things and sets, and polosovoi division identity well.
Roleplaying is not present at all (Diablo-2 in particular). Polosovoi division, again, gives only the choice to the player. The other characters - or unkillable NPCs or monsters. The diversity of things and sets does not affect the role-play, rather allows the player to adjust character to suit your play style. Well, as an excuse to explore all the nooks and crannies of the randomly generated levels.

>I certainly hard to call this nonsense RPG, but taken.
hack'n'slash with RPG elements - not more. An offshoot of the RPG is going too far.

Nightwish
>officially it's RPG with elements of action
Officially Diablo-2 - an Epic RPG game with elements of Thriller.
In fact, about the Vampire I had in mind that it is an RPG with action elements. And therefore put in first place RPG.

>but from the accuracy of the player depends nothing, since the accuracy of HS depends on the leveling of this skill, a high response game is just not required. So I continue to insist that it is just RPG, great RPG.
Aiming at the Vampire is not a simple click on the enemy (a La Diablo 2, Neverwinter Nights), so that the personal skill of the player all the same something depends.

>Still, RPG/Action is Xenus, so whatever the difference is visible.
In Xenus just much more action. If the Vampire action is hundredths, then Xenus it about half.

>if reacii of the player, not role-playing system, for if role-playing system, what would be the reaction of the player was, the damage and accuracy will be a Fig (or on the contrary, in the event of development skills - excellent).
In Vampire simply mixed these two concepts. Shooting depends on pumping the appropriate skill, and personal skill of the player.

>Original hack'n'slash-om called all meat to table D&D firearms and very tobish this genre created based on RPG, or rather RPG genre was born, but due to the lack of hack'n'slash roleplaying (mostly due to poor dialogue and lack of choice), it is attributed not to the RPG genre, and the subgenre of RPG.
That is, in fact, it turns out that the hack'n'slash brought to the subgenre of RPG just because someone is roughly made on the basis of RPG action...

Akruti
>and it appeared in vikipendii, this does not mean that the way it is.
Wikipedia is nonsense. Just for this reason.

>I think that GTA action no one will argue.
Rather arcade. For action too primitive.

>Element of flow, so it in San Andreas is that he is also you RPG?
Bleeding - is not a mandatory attribute of RPG. The basis of any RPG is the roleplaying, the player's choice which way to go, and the results of a choice will be different.
GTA this element is missing. All the missions are linear. Sometimes appear bifurcation, that is, allow you to choose what mission to go on, but ultimately everything goes back to one of the rails. And bleeding there is not a player, and banal upgrade character, similar to those already mentioned in the arcades-scrollers.

Lauren
>Is it possible to consider branching dialogues one of the hallmarks of an RPG?
This is one of the foundations of RPG.