3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
CPU-2006 04.09.19 03:50 pm

What are your favorite Genres and why?

My favorite genre is RPG because:
Always have interesting stories, good gameplay, etc.
RTS because:
It makes you a certain strategy games: command and control, the construction of buildings, resource extraction.
3D Action(FPS) because:
You can take a piece, and all otdushi hewing right and left. And count more and more surprising.
Favorite games in these genres: Halva, Quake 3, Gothic 2 night of the Raven, NeverWinterNight-Hordes Of The Underdark, WarCraft 3, Lord of the Ring-The Return of The King, UT2004, Hitman Contract, Diablo 1-2,GTA 3 (both), Sacred, list is very long.
Most of the Genres I HATE Simulators aviation.
With the exception of Karma 1-2 and TDR.
116 Comments
Sort by:
O
Okruta 04.09.19

Gentlemen, please try going to the subforum Gothic, on this site, there in black and white (though in Latin) written action, RPG, ie, more than this action.
In the second Diablo, as I haven't cut, but in the first, and Dangin sage, branching dialogues, something not observed. Not, of course, in Diablo I, you can choose what to say, but this is not the answer, and in Dangin sage poor options to attach or send.
And you say, one of the foundations.
May not correctly done, that San Andreas brought the standard itself, then it is not the DIN, I heard that there is bleeding. In GTA 3 and Vice city, this certainly no.

A
A.Soldier of Light 04.09.19

The basis of any RPG is the roleplaying, the player's choice which way to go, and the results of a choice will be different.
So San Andreas is NOT an RPG, Dungeon Siege or Morrowind - no doubt.

Diablo never really liked for stupid walks at the generated levels, and poke-poke-poke with the left button around the living somehow tiring. Who have reached level 99 - maniacs...

R
Reverrius 04.09.19

to Akruti
Gentlemen, please try going to the subforum Gothic, on this site, there in black and white (though in Latin) written action, RPG, ie, more than this action.
- if you do not know, there alphabetically in the order of genre is, action starts with a, and is therefore earlier than RPG, which starts with r. Secondly go to the forums of Gothic 2-3, it is written already just RPG, and you know why? Because the first part was made in the database, when it was still unknown what it will be (pure RPG or an RPG with action elements), but when it came to understand everything that is pure RPG, and database edit forgot. Similar situation with the Witcher, too pure RPG, but database made as an action/RPG because the developers when they are first (in 2003) the announcement thought it would be something like this, then, after 2 years approximately, said that it will be a full-blooded crpgs than it successfully was.
Action/RPG is Deus Ex, and System Shock Xenus 1-2, play and see the difference, then you will understand that the Gothic - RPG net.
As far as I remember, today the Russian, as the action to transfer.
action is one continuous action (fight, fighter), otherwise all racing, realtime strategy and the majority of Sims is also action, in each game the player performs some action, but this game does not become action, and does not even contain its elements, under the action of the gaming industry retrace Thriller, Devil May Cry - that well reflects the essence of action, compare with Gothic. Dialogues, quests, leveling, exploring the world, roleplaying role gathering items and stuff it's all Gothic and it all makes the game an RPG. The essence of Gothic style is best to display the game.
I well you and the link to the website given, where it says that RPG, I think you're smarter than game developers? :-D
In the second Diablo, as I haven't cut, but in the first, and Dangin sage, branching dialogues, something not observed. Not, of course, in Diablo I, you can choose what to say, but this is not the answer, and in Dangin sage poor options to attach or send.
because Diablo 1-2, Dungeon Siege is not a pure RPG, but a hack'n'slash, sub-genre of RPG.
the fact that GTA action no one will argue
- GTA - arcade action/racing. This is not a pure shooter, many critics have generally tried to select all of the GTA-shaped game in a separate genre. In GTA SA there is a primitive pumping, but because of its primitiveness it is not even role-playing system.
By the way I have a question for you, in any RPG (except Gothic, Diablo and DS), you were still playing?

to Lauren
And whether to consider branching dialogues one of the hallmarks of an RPG?
Yes. This is a very strong and important role-playing aspect and one of the most important in a CRPG.

to Mad Butche
Officially Diablo-2 - an Epic RPG game with elements of Thriller.
- I think it's officially the pirates who sell CDs or do you mean official localization?
Aiming at the Vampire is not a simple click on the enemy (a La Diablo 2, Neverwinter Nights), so that the personal skill of the player all the same something depends.
- of course if he turns his back to the enemy and shoot, what would he not have been bleeding skills, he's the enemy will not fall, but it is logical and correct, and no this is not a element of the action. Oh, and click at the enemy in NWN, too, have aim. =)))
If you look in any game you can find something depends on the personal skill of the player, such as all racing simulators, colosimo in RTS. But the elements of action they receive.
in Xenus it about half.
that's when half or ecolopolis and should designate a genre as RPG/Action or Action/RPG (from the location in order, nothing changes, usually the genres are in alphabetical order).
Shooting depends on pumping the appropriate skill, and personal skill of the player.
- in order to restore the figure of the enemy and then click the personal skill of the player does not need. :D
That is, in fact, it turns out that the hack'n'slash brought to the subgenre of RPG just because someone is roughly made on the basis of RPG action...
- not someone, and the trps did. Originally in D&D, then came the term hack'n'slash, which described the game data. These games is not correct to call a shooter or shooter/RPG, because it's just rubilka based on RPG and RPG in a familiar surroundings, with familiar role-playing and okolonosovyh elements. hack'n'slash is a"RPG without role-play, which she in fact can not be called an RPG. The main problem here, as I already wrote, in primitive dialogs that do not give the player the option of wagering, as well as the absence of"role choice" within the game itself. Ie basically if you add these aspects in hack'n'slash, it can be attributed to the genre of RPG, even despite the increased abundance of monsters.

M
Mad Butcher 04.09.19

A. Soldier of Light
>So San Andreas is NOT an RPG, Dungeon Siege or Morrowind - no doubt.
This is the truth.

Nightwish
>it seems to me that it officially the pirates who sell CDs or do you mean official localization?
Official localization Diablo-2, as far as I know, was not. Three-disc DVD English version with Russian manual in DVD-box is now sold in Union for 399 rubles. On this box and it is written an Epic RPG game with elements of Thriller. I don't think it's pirates.

>of course if he turns his back to the enemy and shoot, what would he not have been bleeding skills, he's the enemy will not fall
This character will get anywhere but at the enemy.
This is the element of action in Vampire: target an enemy in time and press LMB until the enemy withdrew from the line of fire. It all happens in a split second, and the reaction here is very important. Shooter in the same situation. Yes, and if enemies with firearms, you have to Dodge. The element of action is obvious.

>Oh, and click at the enemy in NWN, too, have aim.
It's aiming, how shall I say... a different kind. I do not think that this aim will have problems if at any time you put the game on pause.

>If you look in any game you can find something depends on the personal skill of the player, such as all racing simulators, colosimo in RTS. But the elements of action they receive.
It is not that Vampire fights depend on the personal skill of the player, but the fact that these skills - specifically from the field of action.
In this case (Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines) we are talking about fighting. Anyway, in order to effectively use a firearm, will have to have some skills in action. To combine the crosshairs with the enemy's head and the time to pull the trigger is just out of region games.

Racing games - need skills of a different kind. Much more important is knowledge of physics games and reaction.
Kosmoski - essentially came from action games.
RTS - much more we have to think with your head than madly clicking on units.

that's when half or ecolopolis and should designate a genre as RPG/Action or Action/RPG (from the location in order, nothing changes, usually the genres are in alphabetical order).
I prefer to put first the genre that is of paramount importance. On the second place - the genre, the elements of which hung on the first. For the sake of brevity. For RPG with elements of action looks and sounds too cumbersome.

>in order to restore the figure of the enemy and then click the personal skill of the player does not need.
Personal skill in this case is to make it in time before you yourself gets killed. Any noob running Quake-3 will be able to place the crosshair on a fixed point and press the left mouse button. But when this point is constantly moving and shooting, the skills needed. It is important how to get to the enemy, and not to let him get on himself, that is to travel extensively.

>hack'n'slash is a"RPG without role -
RPG no role - not RPG.
Take, say, NWN pumping, secondary quests, all manifestations of nonlinearity. What you'll get? Fantasy GTA. Brrrrr.....

>I.e., in principle, if you add these aspects in hack'n'slash, it can be attributed to the genre of RPG, even despite the increased abundance of monsters.
Specifically, it was about Diablo 2, in which role (the main element of any RPG) is simply no. RPG elements are present only in the form of a skill tree to upgrade four parameters, but all of these things - rather upgrade your character (as an example - any more or less advanced arcade-scroller), rather than a difficult choice (see Neverwinter Nights, Fallout).
In fact, hack'n'slash can exist without RPG elements. The name itself reflects its essence.

L
Lord Stronghold 04.09.19

RTS medieval type of Strone and KM with many resources and a complex (in KM) production. Love, because that's just very exciting to command not one person, city, army. And medieval because :
1. War. Battle with cold weapons are slower, and therefore to me more fun than with firearms. More opportunities to turn in terms of tactical developments.
2. Economy. As with firearms and weapons in modern.preparation is much more complicated, it is difficult within a single game play it. Weapons for example, in the warehouse no one drags, and indeed, no feeling of ant, where each busy with his business, for the prosperity of the city and victory over the enemy.

KM steers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R
Reverrius 04.09.19

to Mad Butcher
restore sight to the enemy in time and press LMB until the enemy withdrew from the line of fire. It all happens in a split second, and the reaction here is very important.
- important, do not argue, but it is not a guarantee of success, because the player defeats the enemy with their reaction, and pumping the appropriate skill. But in principle I agree that a small element of action is still there.
Racing simulator - need skills of a different kind. Much more important is knowledge of physics games and reaction.
- well reaction, but a hypersensitivity reaction - an element of the action. ;)
RTS - where you have to think more with your head than madly clicking on units.
- in extremely hot moments from the player requires the ability to respond quickly to what is happening on the screen as the action. Especially the action skill players is important in multiplayer games.
I prefer to put first the genre that is of paramount importance. On the second place - the genre, the elements of which hung on the first.
- and if in the game from each genre 50%? :)) Then what are you going to put first? I believe that if the game has elements of another genre, they need to mention only when for example pishitsya review of this game or its features, description.
RPG without the roleplaying - not the RPG.
so, I took the quotes. This creates a paradox with Diablo.
In fact, hack'n'slash can exist without RPG elements. The name itself reflects its essence.
- can not, then it will not hack'n'slash, and some kind of meat arcade in the spirit of Crimsonland. In hack'n'slash has its own feature and aspects without which it may not be one of them, and most important - is RPG-based. We should not forget their parents.

C
Child of Bodom 04.09.19

First, it is Survival Horror. Estesno is a series Silet hill. Second, it's an RPG. Relatively recently addicted to this genre. First game for me was Fable. Then there was Gothic 2 and away we go. Great stories, nonlinearity. What could be better.
Third is the quests (thanks Ful to Trololo). Quests like, or supernatural Thriller, or from Microids, or just great games such as The longest journey, Runaway . It is always useful to stretch the brain, and if to this is added an interesting plot, just amazing))
Further, this pociagowy strategy series Heroes of might and magic. Here right now waiting for king's bounty. Although it is not the Characters, but this will not be worse. And finally, Action. To run, to shoot, to relax the brain ))

T
Temnoe_Solnce 04.09.19

Elements of action just do not need step-by-step strategies and quests(some). And in RTS there is a very important thing as a microcontroller(I'm very confused), and this is a strong action element, for me it is even more important than in Diablo.
But there is a game called Dark Messiah, so it has a pretty decent role-playing system, three endings, a good system items but roleplaying role is COMPLETELY absent, what it the ratio of Action/RPG? I think that 70/30. The game is just freaky, one of the best I have played after the Goths 2, НВН2 and the Witcher. But che is even unpleasant to realize that this is more action than RPG.

-
-GTASHNIC- 04.09.19

What are your favorite Genres and why?
Genres I love it all :) the Main thing that the game was interesting.
Play all good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any bullshit on my hard long naivet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R
Reverrius 04.09.19

to Unlucky13
The elements of action just do not need step-by-step strategies and quests(some of)
a turn - based game by definition can't be aksenovym, as well as the game with smart pause a La NWN, Fallout 3, Mass Effect (RPG).
But there is a game called Dark Messiah, so it has a pretty decent role-playing system, three endings, a good system items but roleplaying role is COMPLETELY absent, what it the ratio of Action/RPG? I think that 70/30. The game is just freaky, one of the best I have played after the Goths 2, НВН2 and the Witcher. But che is even unpleasant to realize that this is more action than RPG.
- was a micro-demo of a couple of times, because tired. Read the reviews, watched the video. For me the game is the usual linear action game with RPG elements. Role-playing system I was not udovletvoren if she was at least three times more and if the game would have been dialogs, I would be sure it would play, and so s-K-I-t-n-O. I dream that they're finally paying attention to the RPG-genre and announced the continuation of Might & Magic.

M
Mad Butcher 04.09.19

Nightwish
>important, I admit, but it is not a guarantee of success, because the player defeats the enemy with their reaction
The key - no, but part of success is, and quite significant. In the game you can pump the skill up to max, but if a player can not combine the crosshair with the enemy in time and press the LMB, no skill will not help him.

>well, that's the reaction, but a hypersensitivity reaction - an element of the action.
In the race reaction of a different kind. Without knowledge of physics games price this reaction is zero.

>in the extremely hot moments from the player requires the ability to respond quickly to what is happening on the screen as the action. Especially the action skill players is important in multiplayer games.
First we have to think where and what to click. In network battles-important APM (Actions Per Minute - the number of actions per minute), and it is important not so much a reaction (in terms of action - the ability to perform any action in the least amount of time. As the situation in time to shoot at the enemy suddenly appeared), but the speed of execution the greatest number of actions in the shortest period of time. The difference between action and RTS is that in action game the player controls one character, and in RTS (Warcraft 3 for example) - have multiple units, and each of the variety of its purpose, and each unit separately to manage.
The difference between these two types of reactions to the first look not so noticeable, but the differences are still there, and quite significant.
I (to play action games more than RTS) played with a fellow student (obsessed with the third Varick, but sometimes flexes in Quake-3), Warcraft 3 and Quake 3: Arena. In Q3 I hated it, while in Warcraft 3 without any problems managed to play one against three.

>and if in the game from each genre 50%? :)) Then what are you going to put first?
Then it does not matter what to put first. Although these games are not very much.

>We should not forget their parents.
Yeah, don't forget that the first graphical game on the computer arcade game, Pong. )))

Unlucky13
>And in the RTS there is a very important thing as a microcontroller(I'm very confused), and this is a strong action element,
Cm. above.

g
ghost_98 04.09.19

My favorite genre RPG. Fun to play
Unloved strategy. Long and boring

r
requiemmm 04.09.19

favorite genres:
RPG, but old , years up to 2004-they still present the story and balance,then I rushed to make money.-
Even the simulators-I hate it when everything is decided by the armor, but for example in IL2 at maximum realism immediately clear. Well, or SH4-went to swimming and everything...two days you for the real world no.
Unloved
RTS - well, I have not seen them decent AI - who shobla more wins(except perhaps Rome:Total War)
Questing is too boring
Action is not mine ,to run into them drunk, but sober-almost all of them are bullshit.
the rest-so mood

O
Okruta 04.09.19

By the way I have a question for you, in any RPG (except Gothic, Diablo and DS), you were still playing?
Rage: the cursed earth, Falaut (although this kind of tactic). actually I'm not a gamer.

A
A.Soldier of Light 04.09.19

And Morrowind did not play? Or is it not an RPG? :)

T
Temnoe_Solnce 04.09.19

2requiemmm Rome:Total War is not completely RTS, is still a big part of there turn-based, RTS only in battles (which I always lost remember(serious), but broke away in a globally-strategic plan). About action games certainly cool told me the identity of so like to do.

L
Loren 04.09.19

To requiemmm

Oh, at least someone still loves the games, and then all their shit )). Respect.

M
Mad Butcher 04.09.19

Akruti
>Falaut (although this kind of tactic)
The first and second Fallout's (1997 and 1998, respectively) net RPG. Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel - party RPG that tries to impersonate the tactics. Not very successfully, I must say.
If you have not played the first two parts - be sure to play. You will not regret. Great rolevuh, the standard postersin.

R
Reverrius 04.09.19

to Akruti
Rage: the cursed earth, Falaut (although this kind of tactic)
- played them. Fallout 1-2 is a pure RPG with turn-based combat (the way many old RPG boevka was a step by step...), and prequel to Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel - at a tactical party RPG...
Fallout 1-2 - classics of the genre and my favorite series, one of the best RPGs on the planet according to many, including me personally. But Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel - IMHO, middling, one-time can pass and then for fans of the universe.

to Mad Butcher
In the real-time strategies need to combine action-skill players with the ability to think. Because if a player is fine to think, but slow down or have no time, no even the most brilliant tactical or strategic plans will not save him. :)

h
hakerrr 04.09.19

a ia lublu te kotorie mozno igri igrat na onlaine