3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Katanar 01.04.20 04:15 pm

What do you remember most unoptimized, nerdy games?

I immediately remembered Batman: Arkham Knight, such a lemon kick game. I somehow think that the earlier games were more optimized, and they'd done a better job...
44 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lex-one 16.10.20

All construction strategies.
Anno, stellaris, a series of cities, tropico, after a certain threshold begins to lay.
Separately I can remember sims 3, lineage 2.

S
SkyGame 16.10.20

Arma1,2. Xenus: Boiling Point 1.2

S
SemyStall 16.10.20

Path of Exile. The game absolutely doesn't care what your comp is, that bucket 10 years ago, that top comp since 2080. Pre-landences of up to 3 fps will be on both computers.

s
saa0891 16.10.20

Of the last Shadow of the Tomb Raider in Pititi, it's a knact, I've never seen such brakes in my own country, even though the last two parts were excellent, and another Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor - Martyr is more lags because of the silverboards in the generation of loot.

l
legusor 16.10.20

I still remember the nightmarish cal shellshock 2: bloodtrails. it's the thing in all of all games technically.
From modern games, the pinnacle of optimization shit is, undoubtedly, red dead redemption 2, which with the disconnection of soap, MSAAx4 and maximum settings is not exported by the duo 9900K and 2080ti even in 1920x1080.
There's still a ride to hell: retribution, but I haven't played it. reviews from pedisan, a member of the LGBT party, can look at the Yutaba. about the same with the last two gulmans, but these examples can not be taken seriously.
yet from the terrible ports on the stove I remember the nightmarish quality of saints row 2 and GTA 4.
to neuroses brought the original peka-port resident evil 4 from Ubisoft, when you go to the menu of inventory or cards, after which the game hangs. and it's branded wheelchair control on the keyboard. remember the heroes who died while aiming with a numpad.
and of course the first two sralkers, which before the last patches were unplayable, especially clear skies. most of all burned the hearth from the departure of the saves during the loading of the location, and regular random departures. from and to without glitches I was able to pass only the call of pripyat.
The port of the first dark souls on the computers was unplayable until DSFix appeared.
In the final fantasy 15 bake port, they didn't fix the video memory leak when they entered the character menu during the game. with each entry-exit, more and more memory is devoured because the developers of the mudlians were unable to unload the data in the elementary way. the higher the graphics settings, the faster the game will run out of VRAM if you log in to the menu. it can happen at any moment.
separately note the new-fashioned igonies, which, although with the support of Windows 7, but they can not play normally on this system, normally they work only on windows 10:
Assassins creed odyssey - regular friezes;
Resident evil 3 remake - regular friezes;
Shadow of the tomb raider - sharp drawdowns fps regardless of graphics and resolution settings;
Gears of War 5 is twice as low as the performance of the game on Windows 7 and DX11 because the game's API support is twisted as a curved dll crutch.
I still remembered two snags- a two-and-two- and a three-year-old.
the situation with the games is the same, about as with the sralker at the time: for each game came a few dozen patches, only then it became possible to play them. spellforce 3 remained diarrhoea even after the MAGPIE patches. I was able to complete it after the twenty-fifth patch, before everything was unbearable.
on the release happened to play drisnin spacehulk: deathwing, which on gtx 1080 gave 9-20 fps even on minimals in 720p. then released enchanced edition, but judging by the reviews the game itself is not worth the time and money.
I remember assassins creed unity as a game with the most nightmarish graphics in the series, when even on maximum settings all the textures were extremely blurred right in front of my eyes. especially the vile picture was in the landscapes; So you're climbing into the house and looking into the soap. developers fatally failed in LoD-krats.
There's still a recent out-of-date where absolutely everything is badly done, the technical side in the first place.

A
Anderby 16.10.20

Clear Sky.

G
Gogenskiy Vladimir 16.10.20

Mafia 3, GTA 4, Crisis almost all parts,
Doom 3 HD Mod, San Andreas a little

d
dilat 16.10.20

Postal 3. It's a on Source.

g
gennaz 05.01.21

Blair Witch this game is an example of the most disgusting optimization! Despite the fact that the game has the most primitive graphics, the RX 580 and R 5 1500 X were not enough for it.
Spoiler
Yes, and more powerful configurations were hard-lit in this game.
Spoilerhttps: //www.playground.ru/blair_witch_2019/news/igroki_v_blair_witch_stradayut_iz_za_plohoj_optimizatsii-500094

D
Denis Kyokushin 05.01.21

pekabir
pekabir wrote: for the
first time I see a game that rests only on the percentage
At what location and on what settings?

p
pekabir 05.01.21

Denis Kyokushin is the
very first mission for a dark-haired example. in the park and on the street, all 6 kernels are loaded for the very tomatoes at any setting. on the old quad-core it was generally tin, even in the smallest resolution the game loaded the entire percentage. patches did not seem to be particularly corrected

D
Denis Kyokushin 05.01.21

pekabir
Don't you remember at the beginning of the game?

p
pekabir 05.01.21

Denis Kyokushin
is essentially the beginning of the game. the first lock for conora flew even on gtx970 and 7 4790

D
Denis Kyokushin 05.01.21

pekabir
At the beginning of my demo it was like this:
Spoilerhttps: //youtube.com/playlist? list = PLylYADczSWdWOuVolNqfeC1sm7gFhVASK Percent
4/8 loaded up to 73%, but the CPU load is unstable

p
pekabir 05.01.21

Denis Kyokushin
well, there is nothing special to load. on the street at least NPCs roam and cars drive

g
gennaz 05.01.21

pekabir is the
very first mission for a dark-haired one, for example. in the park and on the street, all 6 kernels are loaded for the very tomatoes at any settings
Is that here?
Spoiler

p
pekabir 05.01.21

gennaz
yeah. the hike with patches slightly reduced the load. on the first build, it ate more.
and the vidos is not recorded from the beginning of the mission. ass full in the park

D
Denis Kyokushin 05.01.21

pekabir
I saw in the very first tests at the beginning of the game how the i5 9400F was loaded to capacity. But now there is no such thing
And it is better to watch

vidos until the end of gennaz
On your video, Ryzen 5 2600X is loaded up to 90%.

g
gennaz 05.01.21

pekabir
CPU 6/12 is loaded in this game over 60%, it is clear that for processors with fewer cores / threads it is hard. Although this is just an interactive movie, to understand what is so CPU intensive.

D
Denis Kyokushin 05.01.21

gennaz
Your CB during the dialogue is loaded at 90%: