3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
fatallezzz 02.04.20 09:30 pm

i7-7700k + gtx 1080ti poor performance

Hello!
Faced with the landings FPS in some games, I decided to watch the tests of this interaction in games on Youtube. To my surprise the results in tests were significantly superior to my system. The short of it (more in profile)

i7-7700k Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080ti, 16 gb RAM, Win 10 Pro x64 (license), PS 750W, play in 1920x1080.

Will try to be brief about the essence of the problem:
It all started with the fact that in Crysis 3 after entering the liberty dome FPS drop from stable 60 to 30-40. In order to find the answer to this topic: http://forums.playground.ru/crysis_3/tech/crysis_3_gtx1080ti_35_fps_nuzhna_pomosch-953044/

In this thread people are actively shared with me tests of similar systems in various games. In one of these tests (video) demonstirovalos third Witcher, where I have noticed 100-110 FPS in Novigrad. In turn, I in Novigrad have 75-80 FPS max, on the same (highest possible) settings. The game license.

Surprised such a difference I decided to Google other available to me at the moment games. It came to DA: Inqusition. I stumbled on a video with a completely identical system: to make it easier on everyone I will say that the average FPS in this video 110-130 frames on maximum settings in full HD. I have certainly never been, and now more.

Deciding that business in curve Windows (with win 10, I faced for the first time after I updated the computer) I think the only solution may be to attempt a clean install of the system. Reset the system, and freewheeling only at the moment all the same Dragon Age Inquisition (currently swinging parallel to the third Witcher).

According to the results of reinstalling Windows... nichrome has not changed.
Actual screenshot from OED MSI Afterburner - as it is. Settings ultra, anti-aliasing and so on, all on high, in General above nowhere - as well as in the test on Youtube.

Spoiler

As you can see, loading the GPU to 99%, then Fpsu to grow nowhere else. What is the reason for the difference of my performance with the performance of the exact same system in the tests - for me it remains a mystery exactly why we are asking for your help.

From the following: Paying attention in the OED on line LIM1: Voltage. Googled in the Internet there is absolutely no information on this subject, but over the hill a little was found. Does this crap that supposedly the card has reached the limit of consumption on voltage and performance to grow nowhere else (and this limit is not associated with PD, this is what that dick knows what limit, at least I know enough). Foreign recommendation is simple - using MSI Afterburner to raise the Core Voltage by 10-20%. Made for 10, not helped, has not changed anything. Even thought the FPS dropped a couple units. The above increase was not, I am afraid that this may be something to burn in overlocking understand more than a monkey.

In General, friends, I need your help, what's the matter don't know. Why is the performance so low, although it may be higher? (judging by the tests so well above).
104 Comments
Sort by:
f
fatallezzz 02.04.20

Spoiler
Steam you hit the third of the Witcher, so I want to attach a screenshot. All the same Lim Voltage, the same lower FPS than comparable systems. Settings ultra.

P
Palych Rokov 02.04.20

in this video the guy 1080ти dispersed in the can't remember, but is unlikely to give the difference of 40 or more personnel, check first of all that I told you in the PM wrote, and look in the BIOS settings if there is any garbage of type of intel virtualization bran, fuck it

M
MunchkiN 616 02.04.20

take ifors experience
look at frequency during downloads
in an extreme case it is possible to consider such a theme to Getsko to lock the video card at some frequency but that means it will be wildly fry and simple
although I like it to those 60+ fps
also in these tests for example can be disabled nvida AO, ultra quality MIP amp negative UD and not boosted anisotropy 16
and usually so budget gaming system claim type 60 fps and with all these pieces must be 45-50 for example
the second point is the tests which can be trusted and see how many kind of graphics card beats

P
Palych Rokov 02.04.20

in MSI AB set figures only frequency of GPU and memory, download GP, power limit, frequency percent, in General, for convenience, make MSI AB as I did, promote on my VIDOS. Right now launched the Andromeda at max in 1080p and scale to the resolution 29хх on 16хх out there hopping, i.e., above 1440p, but 2160p below so I have a map when you download 99% off frequency up to 1686 MHz even, but the fps was 70-88 fps. check everything in the BIOS is. And Yes, if I download from Internet shadow of heroes with ultra textures, then put her there and put the resolution scale up to almost 4K, the consumption of memory 10 gig out at the same time check out how many real gigabytes your card, here is my VIDOS

f
fatallezzz 02.04.20

Steve Taller wrote:
is unlikely to give the difference in 40 or more frames
So
MunchkiN 616 wrote:
take ifors experience
It is not so. Windows virgin as St. Teresa on the day of his birth.
MunchkiN 616 wrote:
although I like it to those 60+ fps
I also don't give a shit, but the problem is that if now the card works on the outside and rests at some voltage there, then what will happen to her in a year? If let it at least at 99% loading at 60 FPS, just stable, but there will be some kind of game where stock on performance will not be because of the strange software is shit. If this is a problem in the map, I want to deal with it now and to take under guarantee (until it expired), but not after a year to understand that odd, my GTX 1080ti weaker than other GTX 1080ti but not having something to do with it.
MunchkiN 616 wrote:
also in these tests for example can be disabled nvida AO, ultra quality MIP amp negative UD and not boosted anisotropy 16
Generally in most videos, the author first displays which settings are chosen in the game menu, so I doubt the settings do not arise.
MunchkiN 616 wrote:
you can trust and watch how many kind of graphics card beats
Trust Steve Taller, his video card is the same as I have (not just GTX 1080ti, namely the Gigabyte GTX gaming OC 1080ti tobish exactly the model), and that he has a problem on the contrary, other nature (throttling under continuous load limit of power consumption over 100%)
Steve Taller wrote:
check everything in the BIOS is
Checked. The BIOS I of course pindetse, in the sense too of what that hell he and abstruse, lots of gadgets but.... the slightest mention of the GPU as such. If somewhere there is voltage, then it is related to either CPU or RAM or chipset coolers and the USB portal. about the GPU again, nothing. Have iscovered each line entered in each thread, and no mention of GPU. The same applies to your motherboard manual. There GPU is mentioned only where it describes how to set SLI in the BIOS. I have no SLI. By the way like you said checked that fee was exactly in the right PCI-E rashme. All right, is in x16-m, not in x8 and not x4, so the rams with the port rule.

In short, what the fuck are noticed now playing DA Inqusition. My video card after purchase since load 75-80% whistle has grosely. The closer the load to 100% higher FPS respectively the whistle stronger (in the benchmark 3D mark for gamers where FPS 3000+ Drosera squeak at all on the ultrasound similar). Since the purchase I tried to change the map, but I was refused service saying that the sound is in the range claimed by the manufacturer rules (up to 35 decibel) so fuck you. In the end, scored and used.
And today dealing with this topic and playing DA noticed this. Returning to the monitoring of the indicator LIM in MSI Afterburner. When the load of the graphics card is less than 75% grosely whistling, and shows LIM - No Load. But should the load reach the moment when they grosely whistle, LIM instantly goes from no load to Voltage. As soon as the load is reduced (for example if you look at the floor) and joseli blow over - Voltage disappears and reappears no load. Checked several times glances at the floor/in the distance, a coincidence is excluded, there is really a direct correlation. Lim - Voltage when grosely whistle, and Lim - no load when they are silent. Starting to think the whistle Drosera certainly affects performance, but not as much as commonly believed, but this is only a theory.

S
Salvador Gunzerker 02.04.20

fatallezzz
What frequency is the monitor?

R
Ryazancev 02.04.20

fatallezzz
I have suspicions on the power settings (the Windows in expose mode maximum capacity). The BIOS contains a lot of settings on the CPU(I read the manual from your nurse). Pomonitor in АИДЕ64 voltage and frequency percent the appearance of subsidence. It may well be included another energy-saving technology in the BIOS.
game DVR was turned off?
Squeak chokes on the video card is the norm, for this reason don't worry.

c
callmegod 02.04.20

I would not put max performance in the power supply. If you do, then Prots will not reset the frequency to 800MHz and frequency card up to 200MHz for the chip and 400 from memory.

f
fatallezzz 02.04.20

Salvador the Gunzerker wrote:
What frequency is the monitor?
60 Hertz
Ryazancev wrote:
most Windows in expose mode maximum capacity
is
Ryazancev wrote:
Pomonitor in АИДЕ64 voltage and frequency percent the appearance of subsidence
I have no slumps, it's just my system gives the maximum productivity is LOWER than issue the SAME SYSTEM. Roughly speaking, my 7700k+GTX1080ti produces 85 FPS in the Witcher, the neighbor 7700k+GTX 1080ti (exactly the same without overclocking) issue 120-140 FPS in the same Witcher. It's as if you had a Lada and have your neighbor exactly the same Lada. Your Lada accelerates to 100 kilometers per hour and dirty, and neighbor Lada accelerates to 150 miles per hour and still suffers. BUT YOUR FRETS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME. I hope the essence of the issue is clear.
Ryazancev wrote:
It may well be included another energy-saving technology in the BIOS
Too, they thought. But promonitorit everything I could. in Windows - high performance. In the BIOS - Hight Perfomanse. All sorts of ecomoda and other hat off.
Ryazancev wrote:
Squeak chokes on the video card is the norm, for this reason don't worry
And I do not have soared in fact, until not see that the measure LIM in MSI AB for Voltage changes simultaneously with the appearance of squeak.
callmegod wrote:
percent will not reset the frequency to 800MHz and frequency card up to 200MHz for the chip and 400 from memory.
Let no resets. Eat, drink, he no longer asks. With the temperatures and system noise I have no problems.

R
Ryazancev 02.04.20

callmegod
I have on old ficus FX 8350 is in the Wind max. performance. And all frequencies and resets the clip, and the processor (in idle). Suppose on the other platform will be similar.
fatallezzz
Game DVR is disabled right?

-
---VENOM--- 02.04.20

Trust Gecid.com read them 10 years, they have a lot of graphics chip dough, and the squeak of chokes they have, as I recall, did not lead to a drop in performance. On - promonitor all frequencies of the processor and video card under load, maybe something is overheating. RAM in dual channel mode ? If not, perhaps, because of it drawdown is. Say, the Windows clean; the wood she put on the video card ? If Yes, try to put the last fire wood, play with the settings in the logs (although unlikely to help last, but still who knows), different versions of fire wood ostanavlivas. Also read the reviews of your PSU as poor quality PSU can give even half of its claimed power, maybe components not enough power (although when overclocking if it runs out of power the computer will turn off soon, but check the PSU just not be amiss).

f
fatallezzz 02.04.20

Ryazancev wrote:
Game DVR is disabled right?
Listen, friend, now realized that there is. I wind tenth as mentioned earlier, not so long ago faced and therefore all its subtleties don't know yet but after your comment, googled the fuck that is, and suggested that it is quite a can be included (at least because when you start the game Windows sends any notification type, press Win+G to start the stream, take a screenshot, etc.).
Now there is no way to verify, but will definitely check it out. Do this thing so can eat?

R
Ryazancev 02.04.20

fatallezzz
Yes, friend, even as you can eat! You off, don't forget to cut and in the registry just in case. Chop it everywhere. I even X box was removed.

f
fatallezzz 02.04.20

Ryazancev wrote:
You off, don't forget to cut and in the registry just in case.
Found this topic here http://forums.playground.ru/software/windows/windows_10_gamedvr-919502/ tomorrow I will cut out as it is described here. Please fix this, of course. A huge thank you for the good advice.

---VENOM--- wrote:
maybe something is overheating
60 degrees max. Trolling no. And is not expected.
---VENOM--- wrote:
Windows clean - the wood she put on the video card
In General, the update center shakes them. But no, the update center downloaded not the last (XS why), the last you hit yourself with the website NVIDIA. The wood on chipsets and other crap motherboard and other hardware downloaded from official website manufacturer Gigabyte
---VENOM--- wrote:
RAM in dual channel mode ?
Yes, in dual channel. Two boards for 8 gigs in different slots. Are in accordance with the instruction to the motherboard (where all the details painted). Subsequently confirmed in AIDA 64.
---VENOM--- wrote:
play with the settings in the logs (although unlikely to help last, but still who knows)
Th only did not do this in the control panel NVIDIA. Zadolbalsya after each change a global setting to restart the game) Nothing helps)
---VENOM--- wrote:
Also read the reviews of your PSU as poor quality PSU can give even half of its claimed power, maybe components not enough power (although when overclocking if it runs out of power the computer will turn off soon, but check the PSU just not be amiss).
Said all right, be a problem with the PSU the computer would just not work properly. Off and so on. PSU 750 Wat, the total consumption of all the components I have 491 Wat. The stock is great I think, it's not the PSU. And garantinis BP on the official website korsarov perfectly passed the test.

M
MunchkiN 616 02.04.20

fatallezzz
not in game settings and driver installations
the problem 60+ that everything can be quite confusing and poorly explained because of the influence of various factors

c
callmegod 02.04.20

When all poodles on the magnificent 10ke and if the result isn't, try to put 7ku. 7ke certainly not so much more fps issues compared to the 10th. But what the hell. Windu not long to reinstall.

A
AnPei 02.04.20

fatallezzz
Monitor weak. When connected via HDMI the refresh rate will run at 60Hz. Need DisplayPort and the monitor to match the system unit.

f
fatallezzz 02.04.20

An__ei wrote:
DisplayPort and angling the monitor to match the system unit.
Too sinned on DVI-I, Taller too, however, Steve plays through him, on the same graphics card like mine (identical model from Gigabyte). He has such problems with the monitor not.

Today evening I will try to make videos with multiple games to demonstrate the system load.

G
Gera95 02.04.20

fatallezzz
The frequency of the GTX 1080ti - 2025/2050MHz, depending on the version. Neither you nor the video, this frequency is not. She still rides, what should not be in principle.
CPU usage you have 37%. In the video 40-60%, likely to accelerate.
The processor is rather weak for this video card, he did not disclose, even with overclocking. So this is not a stable job.

f
fatallezzz 02.04.20

Gera95 wrote:
The processor is rather weak for this video card, he did not disclose, even with overclocking
if the processor is weak, then why is it downloaded by 37% and the video card on 99, and not Vice versa? Let's here without this ridiculous bullshit, this processor head 3 such cards is enough, especially for FullHD.