3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
fatallezzz 02.04.20 09:30 pm

i7-7700k + gtx 1080ti poor performance

Hello!
Faced with the landings FPS in some games, I decided to watch the tests of this interaction in games on Youtube. To my surprise the results in tests were significantly superior to my system. The short of it (more in profile)

i7-7700k Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080ti, 16 gb RAM, Win 10 Pro x64 (license), PS 750W, play in 1920x1080.

Will try to be brief about the essence of the problem:
It all started with the fact that in Crysis 3 after entering the liberty dome FPS drop from stable 60 to 30-40. In order to find the answer to this topic: http://forums.playground.ru/crysis_3/tech/crysis_3_gtx1080ti_35_fps_nuzhna_pomosch-953044/

In this thread people are actively shared with me tests of similar systems in various games. In one of these tests (video) demonstirovalos third Witcher, where I have noticed 100-110 FPS in Novigrad. In turn, I in Novigrad have 75-80 FPS max, on the same (highest possible) settings. The game license.

Surprised such a difference I decided to Google other available to me at the moment games. It came to DA: Inqusition. I stumbled on a video with a completely identical system: to make it easier on everyone I will say that the average FPS in this video 110-130 frames on maximum settings in full HD. I have certainly never been, and now more.

Deciding that business in curve Windows (with win 10, I faced for the first time after I updated the computer) I think the only solution may be to attempt a clean install of the system. Reset the system, and freewheeling only at the moment all the same Dragon Age Inquisition (currently swinging parallel to the third Witcher).

According to the results of reinstalling Windows... nichrome has not changed.
Actual screenshot from OED MSI Afterburner - as it is. Settings ultra, anti-aliasing and so on, all on high, in General above nowhere - as well as in the test on Youtube.

Spoiler

As you can see, loading the GPU to 99%, then Fpsu to grow nowhere else. What is the reason for the difference of my performance with the performance of the exact same system in the tests - for me it remains a mystery exactly why we are asking for your help.

From the following: Paying attention in the OED on line LIM1: Voltage. Googled in the Internet there is absolutely no information on this subject, but over the hill a little was found. Does this crap that supposedly the card has reached the limit of consumption on voltage and performance to grow nowhere else (and this limit is not associated with PD, this is what that dick knows what limit, at least I know enough). Foreign recommendation is simple - using MSI Afterburner to raise the Core Voltage by 10-20%. Made for 10, not helped, has not changed anything. Even thought the FPS dropped a couple units. The above increase was not, I am afraid that this may be something to burn in overlocking understand more than a monkey.

In General, friends, I need your help, what's the matter don't know. Why is the performance so low, although it may be higher? (judging by the tests so well above).
104 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 02.04.20

one Titan z's I understand the similarity 1060 reference and two it is a PEK-PEK is already equal to 1080 Shader. such an Assembly normally in full black hole will notch without Sparky
and in games where MGPU does not hold itself bunch. and all to ogle and the volcano most likely here and discuss the particularly there is nothing

P
Palych Rokov 02.04.20

MunchkiN 616 wrote:
one Titan z's I understand the similarity 1060
one Titan z is worse 780ти in sly 5-10 percent

P
Palych Rokov 02.04.20

L
LeeonChik 15.10.20

fatallezzz
Wait, you have a whistling of the darts - namely the graphics card?