3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vidgin 06.04.20 04:45 pm

Chief?! (XCOM 2)

Chief?! Seriously? Did the localizers? So many spelling mistakes that do not count!
But the chief??? When I hear me a low atmospheric voice says Congratulations, Commander!. The second word is pronounced incredible in the translation I read, Congratulations, Chief!. Jeez, as if watching a Soviet Comedy with the Nikulino and Mironov. How could it?
Who knows there are some patches that replaces the chef in all dialogs to Commander, General, Commander, Commander or something like that?
PS I understand that the localizers chose between chef and head of two evils choosing the lesser? Chief??!!!
Patch from gigabait_220 correcting the Chief to Commander:
http://www.playground.ru/files/xcom_2_zamena_shefa_na_komandira-117692/
63 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kosh13 06.04.20

What else can you expect from our localizers?

E
Eroppo 06.04.20

vidgin
PS I understand that the localizers chose between chef and head of two evils choosing the lesser? Chief??!!!
Between the chef and why

a
alekszvorsk 06.04.20

Even when the first part took place made the biggest mistake by putting full Rus legalizaciju. The second time stepped on the same rake, as soon as the full English was chosen.
And no, no such patches. In the previous part too, like I never did.

v
vidgin 06.04.20

alekszvorsk
in the previous part, I particularly noticed large shoals, well, there was full voice acting, so had nothing to compare. There really faked...

u
urban.kalabanovich 06.04.20

If it wasn't God-awful English voice acting, very few people noticed it, and EW it looked organic.

a
alekszvorsk 06.04.20

vidgin
I compared when on IOS EW came out. Heaven and earth, as usual. Actually I can remember only Warlocks, Stalkers and Metro normally voiced in Russian(the last two of the original though), but Witcher still chose English. and everywhere halturstvo with voiceovers. And if you put the text and Rus eng sound, in most cases, you get similar discrepancies.
In short do not skip lessons, English, kids, the original is always better. But if the original in some other language, then at least the British paid a fine that would not Tinker.

K
Kosh13 06.04.20

urban.kalabanovich
Godless English? Kidding...

u

Kosh13
No, seriously. Can't understand English dialect, and the German is not happy. The first voice March cats running cold, like nails second language score before learning to speak. I own a speech a hundred times nicer.

K
Kosh13 06.04.20

urban.kalabanovich
Listen to the Joker of the Ledger in the original. Or Tim Roth in Disgusting eight. None of our actor so integration will not play.

v
vidgin 06.04.20

Kosh13
The actors that we have only a few of them, and use them rarely. Especially in voicing.
But about the Joker, and Tim Roth I agree 100%.

u

Kosh13
Listened well, but does not change the fact that the English language is not pleasant to me at the hearing. About our actors, they are. Soviet film about Sherlock Holmes saw. So, I think our most trusnik Sherlock Vasily Livanov there is unmatched, the rest of the actors in this role, do not pull, especially in the new series, they don't understand that.

K
Kosh13 06.04.20

urban.kalabanovich
Livanov even the British recognized trusnik. But the good? It was almost 40 years ago.
Still something to boast about and be proud of the victories which were 70-80 years ago.
Now no actors, no wins.

K
Kosh13 06.04.20

vidgin
Who for example?
Our good movies I can remember. But the actors in them are not very. Is that Serebryakov stands out a bit.

D
Dark537 06.04.20

When installed on your APPLE MacBook Pro 15 Retina XCom2 Rus, and heard a terrible, incredibly disgusting Russka period immediately grabbed my Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb with Swarovski crystals and began to call the Kents in the state Duma, because he could not constrain indignation. We ilita play only original product. The great and powerful for rogue

a
alekszvorsk 06.04.20

urban.kalabanovich
Imagine - some Englishmen consider Russian godless.

B
BarackKamacho 06.04.20

I like tactics and strategy in the main menu,thought for a long time and could not understand what to choose

E
Eugein 06.04.20

alekszvorsk
at least the British paid a fine that would not Tinker
Maybe the British just paid more often than they steal?

u

alekszvorsk
And you have every right as any other man, I only expressed my opinion about the speech, this is the greatest Bank does not reflect my attitude towards the Americans, the British and the Germans.

s
soulShakz 06.04.20

vidgin
What's not to like? Forward: XCOM 2\XComGame\Localization\RUS
Open a text editor and replace godless words on the good, servile pleasing to the ear.

v
vidgin 06.04.20

soulShakz
hmm, I will look tonight