3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vidgin 06.04.20 04:45 pm

Chief?! (XCOM 2)

Chief?! Seriously? Did the localizers? So many spelling mistakes that do not count!
But the chief??? When I hear me a low atmospheric voice says Congratulations, Commander!. The second word is pronounced incredible in the translation I read, Congratulations, Chief!. Jeez, as if watching a Soviet Comedy with the Nikulino and Mironov. How could it?
Who knows there are some patches that replaces the chef in all dialogs to Commander, General, Commander, Commander or something like that?
PS I understand that the localizers chose between chef and head of two evils choosing the lesser? Chief??!!!
Patch from gigabait_220 correcting the Chief to Commander:
http://www.playground.ru/files/xcom_2_zamena_shefa_na_komandira-117692/
63 Comments
Sort by:
l
ludovick 06.04.20

Play should be possible in the original language, because localization is lost at least half of the meaning.
Here's an example I read on the forum about the armor the Ghost. In the original Wraith. This is a direct reference to Tolkien.
Such nuances are always a lot. People who don't know the language, do not understand how limited their possibilities of perception.

f
falsh777 06.04.20

It is still garbage. I'm playing Neverwinter Nights 2. GOG version. And there's a voice that emotion in a typical Russian show. Confused some more. Bleeding with the voice of the elf is... well I'm in hysterical laughter huddled under the table. Do you think it? No, there's still some dialogues are so transferred as if Klitschko read what Tama prompt was aperiodic. And you still complain about it...

S
Sergey Buvaka 06.04.20

falsh777
Full support☺

v
vidgin 06.04.20

ludovick
Here's an example I read on the forum about the armor the Ghost. In the original Wraith. This is a direct reference to Tolkien.
I.e. to understand the humor should not just know English languige, but also Tolkien in English just to read? Kidding me?))

L
Lexxen 06.04.20

No no, he meant, not read, and to write. What side of XCOM to Tolkien's need a lot of thinking (to smoke). With the same success it was possible Russian translations to choose the normal. You can question for me is not gifted, read Tolkien just translated what the damn word Wraith is not a Ghost? Brute force is closer - Ghost, Ghost, Ghost, soul, phantom, transparent pillar" may be?:)

M
Mercurionio 06.04.20

In the Russian language there is nothing to accurately translate the title of commander, which is not in the terminology of the CIS countries, and therefore got the chef (commander coat).
Wraith - Ghost, ghost - Ghost. Th pick? And where does Tolkien?
As to the tone - it is different. If you fuck, then it is not treated. Name one person who can repeat the intonation of the character, which it duplicates.

i
ironHAMMER.ms 06.04.20

Play should be possible in the original language, because localization is lost at least half of the meaning.
I once, in early childhood, have played some JRPG in the original language. It was incredibly exciting.

It is still garbage. I'm playing Neverwinter Nights 2. GOG version. And there's a voice that emotion in a typical Russian show. Confused some more. Bleeding with the voice of the elf is... well I'm in hysterical laughter huddled under the table. Do you think it? No, there's still some dialogues are so transferred as if Klitschko read what Tama prompt was aperiodic. And you still complain about it...
And yet there is Dagon in the start dialog three different voices talking

S
SUSUL1 06.04.20

The problem of localization in the fact that it was done through googlereader!
That's what prevented the word Comander translate to the most appropriate commander
Perhaps the translator this word in Russian that doesn't know.
PS
All not much games in Russia should be subject to an additional tax!
For neh - let Russified completely!

L
LightHOwUSE 06.04.20

I have the feeling that no one in the first part of that, if not played?)) There chef and wrote and spoke)) And what's wrong with the word chief? Worse is that in Xcom 2 unreadable as chief, and other words. It's easier to just rasp the eyes)

S
Sergey Buvaka 06.04.20

I guess I'm stoned or my eyesight is curly, but until then, until I saw the snot that neither the word boss does not bother me at all never, dancing letters. Read everything, understand everything and do not bother... Raised a ton of snot it is not clear why. I sometimes think that our people's hobby, to smear anything and everything☺

C
Counsellor 06.04.20

Sergey Bawaka
I sometimes think that our people is a hobby, crap everything
Floor you bent. This everywhere and anywhere in those languages where you know at least 5 words. I guess, anywhere, at all.
But commander still not the Boss. Vine on the topic.

ludovick
Wraith is a Ghost, well, or evil spirit, MB. But Tolkien is not here close ]

If played Payday - the doctor in No Mercy - 1B1 Shen, you can listen to this tone until the bores.

L
LightHOwUSE 06.04.20

Sergey Bawaka
If accustomed to strain your eyes and consider it for the happiness, and surprising. In the game, literally unreadable text in 1080p, not for those who get away, but still - for those who used to enjoy the process. And if you read those sheets, that little thread, even with the blackouts, and even on a transparent background, then it is your own choice. My choice to see this as a foul against the consumer, and not to drained eyeballs out of their sockets. And I hope that the appropriate people fix it the blatant rudeness of the mod.
Spoiler

PS about the chef said above. In the first part - and spoke and wrote the boss. To me it did not seem anything terrible.

S
Sergey Buvaka 06.04.20

LightHOwUSE
I read a lot and constantly books, and there is nothing unreadable saw. I until the whining did not see and did not pay attention, so XS XS guys... Something that a hack or a crappy relationship from Firaxis I did not notice... the Guys scoring tried. Played for 270 hours, and somehow didn't even think brosat. Well, to each his own. The taste and color markers are different

S
Sergey Buvaka 06.04.20

Conductive at all, few developers that quality and do with the soul of the game! As for Firaxis, I do all right with that Civilization (though with BE at the start was messy, but with the latest patch the Lala did not play) CD Project Red well done guys! and Rokstar Games-GTA 5 parts and each better than the last. Bioware has fallen so PPC, remember a pancake masterpieces type, Neverwinter Nights, Star Wars KOTOR, Mass Effect, a conductive Dragone Age shit that onlinevi Star Wars. Bethesda all your when the cool Morrowind still copies in different variations. EA Games already knows that with his NFS hell to do... And to experience the boss and crooked text is not so problematic...

L
LightHOwUSE 06.04.20

Sergey Bawaka
Dragone Age shit
And you can see, the gameplay is worse than DAI Vanilli Xcom 2?) Gameplay. Class 4 available abilities, tactical camera, leveling, crafting, collecting weapons, even with the probability that it was)) Well, in the story that DAI ten goals above. Only a complete fan of Xcom I would say that in Xcom 2 story at least a bit catchy. There he is terribly banal and fast so that you do not have time to recover))

And in relation to the user... There, in DAI, subs can be configured to skip the dialogue completely, or pass on the replica, you can choose implicit or explicit schema dialogues. And font what is pleasant, even on the background of elegant, colorful graphics - not tiring. To learn from Biovars authors Xcom, Yes. How to do interface...

I don't want to say that Xcom 2 is a bad game, but if the judge is not in the opinion of the crowd, and own, that DAI is sure the game is not worse. That shit all over the people, like the wonderful Mass Effect 3, those are crap - they are, basically, three words can not, and most of Skyhold and not doozla) So I don't know who it was that slipped. For me Biovars are still masters of their craft. Fabulous characters, good story, gorgeous cinematography and graphics, good sound, well thought out gameplay mechanics, mellow atmosphere, nice references to previous parts and a beautiful relationship with the consumer. I in DAI minuses did not find. Agree with the PG rating.

S
Sergey Buvaka 06.04.20

LightHOwUSE
Well, what about the plot of XCOM I'm not going to argue with you, but isn't this where the plot needs to hang! This strategy is in 1st place, and the strategy is not so much on the plot rachatani and replayability! DAI what's wrong? I started it, not hooked up(part 1 and 2 I passed several times), then after a while came the patches are not what was playing and decided to try again, well a little further you start to play and sucked for 3 days straight forever and was ready to put her very high ball,BUT! After level 16 it turns into a wild thrash, craftily armor is different of the North, and draw something eye-pleasing desires or the mind is not enough! Yes, there are things very nice epic, but they fall pancake already mostly then when they are not needed at all! on LVL 18 I went to deep tracks and all... then the game has lost meaning because the armor there fell top and I haven't even finished the game! it became tedious and not interesting. I at first loved it at first mechanics of craft, but then as the like the idea of Ingrey interesting, but the stats some monotonous, but that's half woes, but it was possible somehow to draw more sets, and not to make 10 titles starter set traveler. in fact almost the entire game ran in DLS sets(since they are given and improve throughout the game) Plot! Yes zachetny, no complaints, the characters enjoyable! System fortress miserable in the same NWN 2 was kuzha nicer! to develop it really is impossible! download for half an hour and generally go there take away the desire to play! A graph like beautiful landscapes and shit! Ie they just kind of empty and not pleasing to the eye! I still remember NWN shadows of the Undertide where the counts were not, but there really was pleasant and crypts and all destiny, and there's some emptiness, I don't know how to explain but do not tsepanul(in the same Skyrim the first 2 hours you are current and do rejoice in the landscapes. As I said that ME all the parts is the last thing that came out from Bioware really wonderful. The same online star wars from bioware misery wildest where in addition to the store in a few patches have not developed anything really...
XCOM is not a masterpiece and not for everyone, but it is not inferior to the 1st part! Developed solidly worked on it, fixed many unpleasant moments of the 1st part(otsutvie extraction is low especially with the wounded, made a map generator, removed the stupid packs 3 sectoid/Mouton/feeble, etc., is going to fizzle out in the 2nd half of the game, which was observed in the 1st part when all launch satellites and starts stupid battles on the downed ships of which there are there types 3-5, expanded customization, balanced abilities, added a lot of active abilities to enemies that has ceased to distinguish between them only in HP/damage(the same choose sectoid differed little in addition to HP/damage and the availability of grenades) From shoals optimization, but it is really weak, although I have on the laptop which is NVIDIA's recommendations did not meet the minimum salary plays almost without lag on the minimum salary and high quality textures. Localization, agree a joint, but not as critical to direct the game became nasty. That's essentially all there is to her show, And all the cries of no plot and repetitive customization, will pettoruti this strategy,not role-playing! There were a lot of plot in Red Alert, Civilization, Heroes etc.??? I have played enough to let me go from initial euphoria and it is time to notice the flaws! And washed down the possibility of modding the game to fit what you want...

L
LightHOwUSE 06.04.20

Sergey Bawaka
About DAI said above) won't have to dig) I will Say, however, that passed it too, not completely, but the lion's share. And though back now, but time yet. Part of fair complaints about the game is, but I just think the advantages (especially in terms of the characters, scenes, dialogue, and also the suit and story) outweigh.

And the fact that after the full flow of Persian becomes boring... Well, in Xcom 2 colonels nafig not surrendered. It is unfortunate that Firaxis and this time did not come up with a simple system, the infinite flow. It's so obvious... you hit to the Colonel, so let each new job gives you a small chance for +1 to hit or +1 to will or +1 to Crete, or simply chance any additional. No. The Colonel is still the ceiling. Though to dismiss him, until the last task)) This problem is not just DAI. Problem ceiling of pumping.

About the scenery - I had the day. In the Witcher landscapes - it's all solid woods and grass. In DAI but the castle in secondary forests designed in such a way as not every game) But the location is not so huge, but well thought out. And bridges, and canyons, and castles, and most importantly - each location gives the richness of a first impression. The desert heat is felt, the woods felt, glitter winter location with snow and night swamps evoke pleasant evening mood. Yes, it would be cool if the design would be even more sophisticated, but what they did was already a lot of work. Enough, anyway, not to equate it with the shit...

S
Sergey Buvaka 06.04.20

LightHOwUSE
I see no point arguing further! the taste and color Lamasery different, maybe a shit I bent it, but Bioware definitely spoil the reputation. About the Witcher is the Witcher is the story and draw what is written Sapkowski is silly, and the point is not that the landscapes are monotonous, they just don't mesh! I know there are games with bad graphics, but a picture which pleases the eye, and there is a column pancake top, and the picture is kind of , well, not catchy in General) Just before everything to me the game Biovars were cool, and conductive even some sadness. Although the plot is their Forte! Very strong! The same Star Wars Online would singles game, I have not had it yet but swinging wonder when apaesh max LVL, then absolutely nothing to do there(
About Polkanov, if the special game is not to delay in fact when the group becomes a Polkan the game usually draws to a close. And on Legendary difficulty, there to polcon need to do to make 70+ kills, that is not so quick and easy. And in DAI the problem is that is pumped very quickly even half of kV do not, as I had the desire to kV parohodiki but to walk 25 lvlom crush LVL 19 mobs(like he is there cap for mobs) have become dull.

L
LightHOwUSE 06.04.20

Sergey Bawaka
The only thing I will say. What if it's the legendary go, the DAI is and the level of complexity, and plaintel, allowing just wet 19 level, being 25om) But even without the level of complexity has been added to the test Equal "Enemies always have a level equal or greater than the level of the Inquisitor".

V
Vyxyxol 06.04.20

Liminary
Same with igosa everything is normal, and Ivasik (which you have mixed with igosa), in principle, also selected the most widespread country-specific name and is used in voice acting. Russia - Ivan, for the United States - John Poland - Janek, for France, probably, Jean (not played with FR.voice acting). All the names are analogues of each other, but in different countries. You can imagine that in a Russian voice acting Ivasyk name was johnny? So, for example, American will not be able to imagine johnny in his voice called Janek or Ivasyk.