3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vidgin 06.04.20 04:45 pm

Chief?! (XCOM 2)

Chief?! Seriously? Did the localizers? So many spelling mistakes that do not count!
But the chief??? When I hear me a low atmospheric voice says Congratulations, Commander!. The second word is pronounced incredible in the translation I read, Congratulations, Chief!. Jeez, as if watching a Soviet Comedy with the Nikulino and Mironov. How could it?
Who knows there are some patches that replaces the chef in all dialogs to Commander, General, Commander, Commander or something like that?
PS I understand that the localizers chose between chef and head of two evils choosing the lesser? Chief??!!!
Patch from gigabait_220 correcting the Chief to Commander:
http://www.playground.ru/files/xcom_2_zamena_shefa_na_komandira-117692/
63 Comments
Sort by:
g
gigabait_220 06.04.20

vidgin
Now will do.
The file is sent, wait for approval and go for it.

v
vidgin 06.04.20

gigabait_220
thank you! we cekati the appearance of the file on NG!

g
gigabait_220 06.04.20

The file is published.
http://www.playground.ru/files/xcom_2_zamena_shefa_na_komandira-117692/

T
Timaaaa Krosss 06.04.20

I agree,there are so many errors in translation,I'm afraid to think what will happen in a Russian voice....

A
Amiminoru 06.04.20

alekszvorsk
in the Witcher still chose English

goof

Remember the shitty English. localization in the 3rd Witcher.
There Igosa moved as johnny. JOHNNY fuck don't you know johnny.

a
alekszvorsk 06.04.20

Liminary
I can handle renaming a second-rate character, but Geralt is required to be unemotional. This halturstvo I russifiers not forgive.

K
Kosh13 06.04.20

Dear Chucha
It's usually not in voice. The voice actor needs to have the same level of charisma as the original actor.
Well, the meaning of the text should more or less match. They have a lot of jokes about the word game. Almost not translatable. Few people get to adapt.

R
Rolento 06.04.20

K
Kosh13 06.04.20

Dear Chucha
Antijew as far as I know we don't localize. Only the top voice. And then lovers.
The texts do not vary widely. Otherwise, the meaning will be lost. Just some important moments or jokes can adapt.

L
LightHOwUSE 06.04.20

Kosh13
Listen to the Joker of the Ledger in the original.
I listened to the Joker in the localization of Asylum. I remember him great.

i
in_text 06.04.20

So, I'm someone who understands?!
The entire game suffered hearing Commander, and the localization was written the Boss.

H
HoganHog 06.04.20

Spoiler

K
Kosh13 06.04.20

LightHOwUSE
Hamilla none of the English will not surpass. So in the localization even more.

L
LightHOwUSE 06.04.20

Kosh13
I don't mind but localization of Asylum was gorgeous =)

C
Confucius 06.04.20

The original is always better, any localization of a is at least the loss of a large percentage of the original data, because attempting to sync they can come up with heresy. That constantly happens.

K
Kosh13 06.04.20

LightHOwUSE
Not heard. So I will not argue.

H
HoganHog 06.04.20

Confucius
Yeah, and screw up the stability of the game,which is also now permanently brown.localization happens!

L
LightHOwUSE 06.04.20

Kosh13

Catch) Well the truth is, compared to most of the voiceovers, the person in the role accustomed))

v
vidgin 06.04.20

In the review of the GSTV on XCOM 2 is also mention anything about Chef )) :)

S
Sergey Buvaka 06.04.20

Don't deserve Russian voice. First Russian game costs only 20$ while the full price of$ 60. Secondly, we have most of the players rocking the pirate. Thirdly, whether there are at least 5 different Russian voiceovers anyway I would be screaming shit voice. In General, what all the crying. In GTA none were not Russian voice acting although there read the subtitles while riding or shooting really bad, and then the unfortunate 10мувиков, and a ton of snot...