3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vftor 19.04.20 10:37 am

Graphics card with factory overclocked (Fallout 4)

In some games (Fallout 4, the Witcher 3, etc.) the developers (as I understand) is not recommended to use video cards with factory overclocking, and if it is, then disable it. What can be the reason ?
I think the video card acceleration is more powerful and is able to provide better graphics.
103 Comments
Sort by:
B
BlackTigerTK 19.04.20

And you can link to the source of information? For example, I myself overclocking using MSI Afterburner. Like no problem except a little faster:-)

v
vftor 19.04.20

BlackTigerTK
No links. Just on the forums, write about gamers, and maybe the developers.
Here's an example of comments from gamers about the game the Witcher 3 because of the video driver, overheating video cards:
Usually in such cases, the frequency of the GPU to reduce a couple of percent, but if you have every 5 minutes the driver crashes that's probably all 5-10% lower have for stable games.
I don't know why, but all new games are in conflict with overclocked video cards, ie those which are dispersed in the factory and sold. So, try to lose at least videoinspector that the plant dispersed. My example, gigabyte geforce gtx660 ti 2 gb, the kernel overclocked at the factory for 10%. Throwing off the 50 MHz, is played without crashes, although earlier it was off by default, but empirically have achieved.
Nvidia know of course. But, to sell the Titans it is necessary) the Developers of course didn't test the overclocked video card..probably hinted anything.

E
Eroppo 19.04.20

vftor
factory overclocking is usually recommended to disable it when there's a problem - it is acceleration, that is, the frequency deviation from normal values in a big way = the potential reduction in reliability and stability

s
saa0891 19.04.20

If game developers don't mess up a lot,like it was in the Witcher 3 at the top,that card should work fine,so no disable what is not necessary,the dispersal order is what video card would be working more productively.

If you have any problem of the type departure the driver,then we can try to reduce the frequency of the core.

n
nikita2112 19.04.20

Never heard of this. What does factory overclocking?

v
vftor 19.04.20

eroppo
Illogical, because if problems arise on the more powerful (overclocked) graphics card, then the less powerful (narisovannaya) will be even more problems.

v
vftor 19.04.20

saa0891
By the way, the video driver crash is due to overheating of the graphics card. And somehow (!!!) overheat more powerful (overclocked) graphics card. Illogical it all.

s
saa0891 19.04.20

vftor

What is overheating,my temperature even in the Witcher 3 above 70 degrees did not rise,however, the departure was initially,but developed to fix it,what is the only game where I had a similar problem.

v
vftor 19.04.20

saa0891
So the departure was due to the video driver or what ?

E
Eroppo 19.04.20

vftor
The higher the frequency, the higher at least heat, and the generated heat is removed by fans not instantly. And this is the heating time has a direct impact on the stability of the operation of any hardware, not just graphics cards. Just logicease by your logic, that no coolers nafig not needed, and without them the frequency is infinite to increase stability will only grow

B
BlackTigerTK 19.04.20

vftor
The easiest way to put the program monitornig settings of the video card - the same MSI Afterburner, and watch the temperature of the chip. If heated strongly, it really is better to reduce the frequency.

v
vftor 19.04.20

eroppo
The higher the frequency, the higher at least the heat
Then it turns out that the overclocked video card needs to heat up stronger when the same load as narisovano. I understand you correctly ?

B
BlackTigerTK 19.04.20

eroppo
heat given not fans, and heat sink that has direct contact with the chip via a thermal interface. Here is the quality of the two and depends on whether the heat normally discharged. The fans cool the radiator. If the manufacturer of the card is a little fudged the thermal interface, it can be a problem when overclocking. It's all in the hands of the manufacturer.

B
BlackTigerTK 19.04.20

vftor
Depends on the quality of the cooling system. But as a rule in the factory rapagnani it differs from reference in the direction of improvement.

v
vftor 19.04.20

BlackTigerTK
Yes, I always in such cases, monitor all parameters of the graphics card.

v
vftor 19.04.20

BlackTigerTK
I have an additional fan (with hand controller) blown graphics card. Helps.

B
BlackTigerTK 19.04.20

vftor
Should we then worry if the game is not drops?

v
vftor 19.04.20

BlackTigerTK
Should we then worry if the game is not drops?
Worry, because in the Witcher 3, with weakly-loaded graphics card temperature was raised to critical. Had to limit FPS to 30. Then went fine. And in Fallout 4, with weakly-loaded graphics card temperature was raised to critical. Had to limit FPS to 30. Then went fine. But there is apparently due to the large number of mods, because in the beginning it was fine when FPS=60.

E
EvgenyDMT 19.04.20

vftor
I have factory overclocking,the game is more than 300h.And what should happen?

v
vftor 19.04.20

EvgenyDMT
I do not know. Maybe nothing.