3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DefJimmy 23.04.20 08:56 pm

Impressions of the game (Mirror's Edge Catalyst)

Today, the release Mirror'S Edge: Catalyst.
Let's share her impressions and mini-reviews.
As far as a prequel and at the same time the restart of the project better quality of the original 7 years ago?
49 Comments
Sort by:
B
Bard Lyutik 23.04.20

Cool game, today I think 7 hours in a row. The plot certainly does not Shine, but the fight with parkour tighten definitely. Even the tower is always interesting to capture, can be combined, or only melee, or accelerate with a jog along the wall and come on top of them. All looks impressive and relish). The goal pleasing to the eye. Even extra quests tighten, jumps, Jogging on time. Always go for 3 stars, why have to improvise, look for a short path distance, it is still addictive. The only negative, all of these audio recordings, documents and chips switchboards quite interesting to look, because they inhibit movement in the game. Flying you do, the vertical wall run, jump, hook cling, jump on enemy, everything is dynamic and bright. But all these fees of items necessary to slow down and be distracted. And immediately fades the hopping supremely better. Everything else I liked in the game. I get stuck on). But of course does not Shine, you can say, good graphics but nothing more, in the dynamics of the movement and parkour is not important. Optimization is great, 50-60 fps, no dips, no. Bugs not met.

d
devilnnhh31hhnn31 23.04.20

Don't know how the game is but,but the above video was the first look at the PS4.Duck's,where Kent just about...Wendy voice for voice any kind of rollers.Hell,it even dubbing movies you can take!Sinaite,could not resist

E
EnoXII 23.04.20

You know, frankly, those who play on console platforms, rarely complain about graphics in multiplatform games. In addition, it often happens that none of the console gamers probably did not know in what resolution and how many fps gives one or the other game. So in their negative evaluations of Metacritic, console gamers rarely complain about soap graphics, they understand what they are playing. In fact, if you looked at negative reviews of users, you would have seen that people are not happy with the story, battle system, characters, open world etc. and etc. At least, none in 2008, does not lower the original grade for soap picture on the PS3 and Xbox360, and there she is blurred even as I have the original on console is available. Assessments Mirror's Edge (2008) Metacritic from critics and users practically do not differ and are around 80 - 8, respectively. Now, with an equal number of responses of users (about 400 votes, and that the original 2008) the picture looks mildly depressing.

t
the endless misanthropy o 23.04.20

Without enthusiasm, but the gameplay is entertaining. The plot was not able to do anything. The game has the same pros and cons as the first part

S
SNAKE_obanze 23.04.20

What can I say? The game was great! (from my point of view!)

The first part was FINALLY off the hook! With continued experience is certainly not as bright (then the idea seemed to be the original) but interesting to play! First of all I am very style games like all stilnenko, neat with juicy colors! It was fun! I would like to live in a city! But sometimes when you look down on the city, of course involuntarily start to think about what a huge space missing and what they are really empty and dead, whole white, glossy box with splashes of blue stripes among which the scurrying silhouettes of people.... looks wildly! But stylish!))) The game, traditionally stuffed all sorts of pumping, dreams, but no jars! Explore and collect stuff I found it amusing process! Playing on PS4 and just want to say that videos on YouTube which compares the graphics are NOT QUITE true! For example, Sonya is no such soap as is shown in the video (there is a moment where not far from the asylum, the player looks at the building, so actually everything is clear)! The shadows Yes, the smoothing also agree with the VIDOS, I will not argue! Although from MY point of view, if not justify, of course, the commercial component of the actions of developers (regarding reluctance to properly optimize the game so that the youth knocked the grandmother of the ancestors), then the game can be optimized so that at Sonya she was with all the buns! And for the components also requirements much too high, because the graphics are stylish but boring sometimes too, there's nothing in it! This difference between the first part of the year 2008 and this is not such so direct AH, enough screens to look at, but between the system requirements of abyss! The heroine is not even reflected in all glossy surfaces, etc., etc.! Apparently developed just in addition to all decided Its graph is a STYLISH! Well, it means necessary requirements to customize! For style have to pay! (by the way I have a PC not a bucket but not the top, but does not meet the recommended config for the video card, although from my point of view its more than enough for what I see on the screen)!
A city in SketchUp can be a week to build in 3D max throw for the renderer (I speak knowingly). But that's another story!

Otherwise, 8/10! Suggest to buy!

t
the endless misanthropy o 23.04.20

The game design is outstanding. Visually exceptional, the gameplay leaves a feeling of portal. Although to think have an order of magnitude smaller but the concept is the same: there is a large space and using game mechanics it is necessary to reach a given point. The portal used portal gun, which was used in accordance with the environment. Here are all the handles but the environment is a gameplay element.

Earlier in the game, nothing really happened, except for the gameplay, but the gameplay itself is tried to make interesting. Often inventing new gameplay, these games were especially appreciated. Now came the game that offers us exactly what the gameplay is like almost the only trump card that is viewed with disbelief. For me it is more interesting than to shoot the bots, roll, or shift one to climb the tower, then jump in the hay wagon.

S
SanSanZ 23.04.20

Good game for a few nights. In General, and the first part was such. Of course wanted more, but activation will not regret that took.

A
Aips95 23.04.20

Very surprised the average and negative assessments of this game. In my opinion it is the same 1 piece with fixed flaws parkour + open world. About it separately. The world was made of 5 points (there are a couple of dead ends quite inconvenient but not critical) to sense its variability need to turn off hints completely. Most find their way to the target gives an indescribable feeling of freedom.
Overall Amazing, definitely better than the first, fully met expectations.

S
Sergant744 23.04.20

But a dull game just like the first part. I even have a letsplay without yawning could not look. Assessment clear and well-deserved.
If the first went on the parkour, because then it was stylish, fashionable, youth. Now is not the channel, the same Dying Light is better

K
KazymirZyba 23.04.20

The game was created by five employees of Electronic Arts: the cleaner; watchman; plumber; chef of the dining room and PYAAR TEEENAGER! But seriously, not jumped. Swing vota, vota jump so - no, not right, mission failed. Fall down. You must constantly fall for this trick play and not a Bazaar. At least a seven, maybe.

D
Deagle84 23.04.20

Running around in the game,well maybe an hour, started to fall asleep,went to bed,woke up,deleted the game.

a
amgPRO 23.04.20

and my opinion didn't really impress me, well that and not bought it, what is boring... jump, run.... there is nothing easy, though, and the plot tries to pull but the actions themselves in the game just push. in short it's a failure -_- but I did not expect.

S
Snite_Poerti 23.04.20

Was full 100% and in General I'm satisfied, of course as an ardent fan of the original game I was expecting a continuation from the first news and announcements. Therefore, expectations were high. Not happy that the game did not add any new parkour elements (and their parkour a lot). Don't know why they removed the slow time, I could really helped here from a few accidental drops on the pavement. Don't know why I removed the ability to fall back as in the first part. Open world filled with interesting jobs (many jobs at a time, which I hate in games) but the storyline feels makes the original. The graphics are simply superb! Even at low settings of breathtaking, I can't imagine what's on Hyper. Designers are great, tried their best) the Soundtrack in the game does not disappoint. Solar fields gave us what we were expecting. (That's just the title theme:Chvrches - Warning Call hopelessly lost Lisa Miskovsky-Still Alive from the first part). The story is banal, but more is not necessary, all the salt in the gameplay. Optimization is very good on my old graphics card I comfortably play on low settings.
In General, having ten times the original game, I'm sure that will now stick in Catalyste) Yes, there are few changes and some revolutions, but for me this game is unique, because he gave a fresh perspective on the action in the first person, where it is not necessary to shoot or kill someone, and you can just turn on your favorite music and run towards the new obstacles.I would be very happy if the news about part 3 will not take long)

M
Magnum 500 23.04.20

Played. Not to say that it is very bad, but not catchy as the first part. Circle is white smoke (or maybe glitches) cubism, there was lack of detail, quests went a little while, but has already begun - bring-slowing-down-fell, woke up-gypsum ... well, you understand. Put 4 out of 5.

P
PsiX_Storrent 23.04.20

I really liked the game. Because I'm a fan of 1 piece, then this is really good. The main thing that pleased me is a very highly developed mechanics, all the whining about the quests come bring, BUT! and in what other games is there something else? The game itself is unique, because
here and genre affiliation is not, and about come-bring - the fact of the quality of running errands around the city (which in itself is extremely awesome) is already a pleasure. For me personally questia turned out cool, and most importantly - challenging. What about the city, like look - not very big on the map, too, but it's a HUGE field for research, all done well, very very best, a pleasing variety of locations, and the approach to each of them is simply amazing to be in two adjacent blocks and feel they are completely different - it is expensive, and the level of sanitation - so do above all! In General, full of emotions, I advise everyone, if not to buy, at least for pirates )

f
fashionfble 23.04.20

Pram-pram, the first part for me is not just a game. And, as a product for attracting attention, I first was attracted to different audiences (friends, family). I could lean back references like Check out some of the graphics, see how it looks cool. And not noticing how a small group of teenagers (friends of the younger brother, scored to play in the contact slag - Turaga, Fights some, they felt, felt the promise of games. And now already playing a normal game, the game is beautiful and elegant picture, doing its job. But the story in the first part, in a row, I have this deficiency, she hid a smile, tipo: [smile wide 32 teeth] Look at that dude, whoa, did you see? Saw Yes? Seriously saw what I had done with him. Definitely try the second.

A
Anderby 23.04.20

The plot is idiotic, all acting like a bunch of ninth graders. Faith whines, eager to help, strained acting out scenes. The other characters are typical characters - the boy is a bully, whose dad is going to kill the SYSTEM, the head resistance will all blow up, everyone will be equal, the mysterious Chinese woman hacker with large monitors in the wall.
Level design milliganii - location and, in fact, the design is totally meaningless, especially in the final. Circle pipes, trampolines, stubs for a jump with a turn - if you look at it from the side that their location does not make sense. Design classic modern budusheye will cram for contemporary art and glass in all the cracks. And, by the way, glass - sometimes it is unclear where the gap is, and where glass.
Pumping is absolutely not necessary, social functions too. White thread sewn. A large part of the skills offer in the story, in the beginning of the game more than half open. Social functions - who gives a shit what you have a logo or what color your echo? They would still paint for pants for the task were given (better).
Fighting theatre. Melee fighters run in circles around the guards with guns shooting every twenty seconds, five metres away. Each battle is a kind of simple puzzle - jump on someone, hit he flew off to the left, this requires five podzhopnik, etc. And this adrenaline shield. How probably looks silly Bouncing, somersaulting rolls the heroine in pursuit of a bulletproof shield. But impressive and beautiful.
Secondary objectives are the same and very boring. Tertiary job is a disaster - in the assignments on time, the timers routine as much as you want, all you need to perform perfectly. I honestly tried, but it requires too high precision. And faith too restless, they fly, slow, crashes, the game sometimes does not recognize all of the team - how many times I flew past the pipe instead of over it to catch on the turn. Some tasks can get up to obtain required to perform upgrades. Go there, run, and route no, look at the passage - and there have Feit webshooter like spider-man, well, your Masha.
What do the runners in the world totalitarianism? Carry out urgent delivery of spices, flowers, chemicals and other shelupon. And they break into the lab, steal the weapons, prevention. And in General, their existence in the world of this Mirror's Edge is meaningless. Everything is tracked and bugged? Hacker proves the opposite, and not see that there was some kind of global tracking system. The guards are bugged dude? Do not care for that, they're bad, he will fuck you up all. In the end of faith by order of the Noah steals Shotgun, along the way capturing some important information that all of them later and tie. Solid nonsense.
From all the conversations and videos I want to gouge out his eyes and ears. Empty drama, pathos senseless, idiotic problems, and motivation.
Music is 90% gray.
The open world is amazingly dead, if it is said - the NPCs are always in the same places at any time of the day, they do not care that next to them a girl fight with four security guards around shooting and flying helicopters; in all the places which should be crowded (apartment, restaurant, laboratory) people there; the city is not happening and nothing changes.
And anyway, no sign of the system of which faith is trying so hard to break - all slaves which can be seen dressed as Hollywood stars, all apartments are perfect, no one on that serious not complaining. But the opposition raises many questions.
The only plus - new places to run quite nice and sometimes beautiful landscapes.
Open world has poisoned this game. The first Mirror's Edge was a very good game. To compare the Catalyst with it - blasphemy. I want my 2008th.

a
andrewGaara 23.04.20

I missed the first part. Yeah I heard about the game, seen review of greeting, but there was no time and the game has passed by. So when came the second, I'm not particularly interested in, given that EA, denovo + tiresomely. But then came the pirates and I thought let me check out.

Liked the game :D .

In this case, I many agree in Anderby (the speaker above).
The plot is simple and banal, the characters for me it just OK. Hacker just do not like, well very much it is kind of a badass, so all and a little infuriated.
Sometimes, if you stop and look at the design it is really meaningless. Design for the sake of gameplay and design. But sometimes it is still very meaningful and good. The same building for example.

Boevka and AI the darkness. And I think this was done only in order not to be bored all the same.

But GG I really liked. It corresponds to its nature. She's restless, she's annoying, etc. It is in the game. She can be annoying, but it should be.

Music is not grey, it's very atmospheric and meets 100% of the game.

What I snagged:
- Atmosphere (cyberpunk, music, style, design)
- The feeling of the game. I am in this game just run around to locations, to explore, to remember paths, geometry
- GG
stupid side effects I take. I'm interested to pass it on 3 stars.
- And most importantly ENT. It's funny, but I went to the website and read about the world of this game and he was surprisingly very interesting. I have only one question was. What the fuck this is not in the game. Why is this in the game don't tell :) this makes it much clearer who these people are and what they want and what actually happens.
For a moment it is cyberpunk in the post-Apocalypse :D .

After that you want to play the first part.

Cons:
- If I could have a better flow of the plot and the story itself would be better
- Want the most
Genova. If not for her I would buy would be as well - come in the ass greedy EA :(
- No map editor and no mods (possibly a consequence of the presence FMT)

M
MLShadow 23.04.20

It would seem that the open world game? NO! Absolutely linear ubiistvo, path routes are almost there, the path is usually one, but if you want to find another one, you'll reach a dead end or run into the abyss. A sort of cal fo duty, but without the shooting and staged cinematic scenes. The plot is dull a bit more than full: Indian movies + the divergents/the hunger games. The gameplay is too disgusting, almost always there is only one way to reach the goal and I need to find if you disable the Firefly to follow, so she can't climb to the top intuitively, seeing the opportunity, because it is not there. Jump up we can meters to 5, but dropping from two already imprinted on the floor, run through walls doesn't always work, it is necessary first to guess what it was designed to developed to overcome this cut, otherwise fly into the abyss. You're not supposed to run along the wall to turn the camera and jump in the right direction, you can only click on the Q turning in the opposite direction and jumping there. Even running on walls is the mass problem, the thing is that when you run over the wall - gg on the wall, not running, and when not to - runs, sometimes jumps out of flying in the far distance, the whole game is crammed with such moments. The game is disgusting and does not deserve attention.

K
K.e.k.s 23.04.20

Even worse than the first part. Played a couple of missions and removed. Very tedious task but still difficult. Open world turned out to be not quite-and open, because there are only a couple ways to get to the goal + it's completely empty. Look annoying too bright gamma in the game and everywhere continuous soap. The game generally does not cling, does not suggest to waste time.