3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
NightGameMassacre 25.04.20 05:46 pm

What kind of game you'd buy on disk and why?

The age of digital sales. PC completely switched to digital download.
But some games still come on disks.
What games would you like to buy on the discs and why?
24 Comments
Sort by:
P
Patrick Star Online 25.04.20

I remember three or four years ago bought the expansion for Diablo 3 - the Reaper of Souls disk. Because the price was 150r. digital vs thousands. Activated code drive threw. \_(ツ)_/

M
MunchkiN 616 25.04.20

if you think I'd like to buy games on discs because of cash.
I would not want to buy CDs because it's just the discs and the game will be tied to the online service. if the game were tied to the serial number printed somewhere on the disk - norms.
I would not want to buy CDs because it's more expensive and not always there. so the main struggle in peck, the head of the armed forces cash overpayment.
the one I most understand SOMO 2x layer Blu-ray because to buy a chest citirama and clutter them all I would also not desirable.
so I would like the resulting scream didn't want to buy CDs in General because the time has changed and design and the pancreas and therefore some sort of rival game both new and old thinking on the drive was not particularly interested because the drive for me is not valuable collectibles or resale and is just as legitimate media.

y
yariko.v 25.04.20

Well, I don't have accounts of the digital stores, so wouldn't mind to buy something really liked the game on pure physical media at a reasonable price. Before buying your favorite games on disc, they cost about ~ 300 ~ 450 per license, it's nice to have a favorite game in the box and with a beautiful Poligrafia. And so, while it is necessary to take from alternative free sources.

y
yariko.v 25.04.20

The most important factor is of course price. If for example you consider that early individuals. one game cost an average of 400 rubles for physical media, now, even with inflation of the ruble, the game on disk should not cost more than 800~900 rubles per disk. The cost of the digital version, given that the publisher is not spent on the production and logistics of the product, much less at least two times. In other words, currently, the price of the game even for the digital copy often greatly exaggerated, to say nothing of the desire to buy them (except discount the price of the game is sometimes close to its real value).

A
Anderby 25.04.20

All games on the discs you purchase. Then to resell after the passage.

M
Magdeburg 25.04.20

Metro would buy this kind of love.

T
Tiger Goose 25.04.20

If we talk about PC, the drives now there is almost no point. Retail copies of the draft major publishers now are only backups of these games in the digital distribution services (Steam, Origin, Uplay, etc.). Independent digital services disc now almost no one produces. But even if produced, it is not the same situation, and at least ten years ago. Early patches for the games were laid out including separately, the owner of the disk version was the option to download them, bypassing the digital distribution services. Now, even for simple projects, patches are released more often and update sizes have also increased. Even if there is a full disk version of the game (not backup the Steam version on physical media), to monitor its relevance is now much easier with the digital version. Last time I bought a drive at the end of 2018. On Ozon only 9 rubles took Far Cry 2. That was just one of those real disk versions. Anywhere to register it is not necessary, you only need to activate it via the Internet. And Tu can be omitted if immediately after installation roll the latest patch. In General, interested in the opportunity to purchase a CD, if a game for one reason or another, removed from sale in digital stores. I had, for example, Prey 2006 and Wolfenstein 2009.

w
william1992 25.04.20

On a PC everything's digital and it's a big minus. For example I pass the game once, a maximum of two and all , I don't need her. So I have Steam, origin and more yupley spent thousands of dollars on games and they're now generally in the stump did not give up.
Another thing on the console - buy a game disc, I passed and sold it. Games almost free out

s
saa0891 25.04.20

Why is this plastic,a hundred years already drives not bought,all digital trims,and even on HDD collection of piratok for the stock.

william1992 wrote:
On a PC everything's digital and it's a big minus. For example I pass the game once, a maximum of two and all , I don't need her.
william1992 wrote:
Another thing on the console - buy a game disc, I passed and sold it. Games almost free out
Yeah then he wanted the game to re-take it was gone.
On the PC, even stupid pirates now do not buy if you have such problems,plus a PC in RU region, and the price of games is much cheaper.

w
william1992 25.04.20

saa0891
Why pereprodajut the game more than two times?????
This is all that kind of nonsense

w
william1992 25.04.20

saa0891
Hello, you bought the game on disk and then for the same price sold. It is more expensive than PC games, in RU segment???

w
william1992 25.04.20

saa0891
I'm talking only about my personal experience:
On PC for many years, I have spent more thousands of dollars on games
On the PS4, I bought the 1st December I went through 12 games since the purchase and has EARNED on it $ 50
PC number so maybe?

s
saa0891 25.04.20

william1992 wrote:
Why pereprodajut the game more than two times?????
Then what many RPG even after you passed the game more than two times you can discover a lot of new,not to mention the fact that they can go a bunch of different ways and for different classes,but in General this applies not only to RPG,Strategy,examples ton,for example, or the same RESIDENT EVIL 3 I have a minimum of 5 time passed,levels of difficulty,just wondering,is there challenge,plus fashion,of course, if the game you didn't like or not interested there is no point to discuss something.

william1992 wrote:
Hello, you bought the game on disk and then for the same price sold. It is more expensive than PC games, in RU segment???
Like I've already said that the PC games in General you can borrow,the essence is not in it.

w
william1992 25.04.20

saa0891
Lol. The same third cut five times you can for a week pass and the same to sell))))

w
william1992 25.04.20

saa0891
The point is just to choose and save.
Of course, there are games that I bought on the console in the figure. The same GT sport my figure, because it is willfully more than 200 hours and stay I'm not going. A game on disk makes no sense to take. And the other disposable games bought on disc and sold

w
william1992 25.04.20

saa0891
About the same numbers.
Now ultimate edition DDR 2 Curling is 2K rubles. How much is it on PC?
But on the secondary disk you can buy for 1000 rubles

s
saa0891 25.04.20

william1992 wrote:
Lol. The same third cut five times you can for a week pass and the same to sell))))
Yeah and then after a while wanted pereproyti to buy again or what,and why do I need this crap with the sale,I only buy what I like not what would sell,what I do not particularly interesting, I can download with torrent and try.

william1992 wrote:
Now ultimate edition DDR 2 Curling is 2K rubles. How much is it on PC?
No idea,I took the pre-order for the two pieces of a penny,a game I never went,very boring and tedious,I, along with ACOEM just gave it to my nephew,plus there is some even two games out of five was given to the load.

william1992 wrote:
But on the secondary disk you can buy for 1000 rubles
And the torrent are available free of charge that continue.

w
william1992 25.04.20

saa0891
It must be great! messed up or skalodromom to beat the game five times and then again want. I'm sorry,but your arguments are currently

w
william1992 25.04.20

saa0891
KEK. Plums are not a torrent. Yasnenko)

M
Marsj 25.04.20

Discs for owners of drives - of old age.