3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pew-Pew-Pew 05.09.19 12:50 pm

Which is better? Pirates vs License

Let's discuss a very relevant question. What do you prefer: a pirated copy of the game, or licensed?
It is no secret that, as a rule, licenses are more expensive (especially when it comes to SC:)), they are very good. often have to wait long ( in the case of locations( All we remember is still not extant Chaos Theory=((( ) ).
I prefer to buy a licensed copy, and you?..
229 Comments
Sort by:
W
Wox 05.09.19

th, the idea is gone?

u
unreal bot 05.09.19

I need to buy licenses only those games where the voice acting is important for understanding the plot, etc., Plus, again, the license less the probability of glitches and FUCKED***D demon tools generally have already got.

G
Gr1nGo 05.09.19

Plus, again, the license less the probability of glitches...

In most cases this probability is zero...I even can't think of a single example...

Mostly all the glitches pirate games because of the curves*understatement* of russifiers...Accordingly, the conclusion is clear...

V
Vityok 05.09.19

It depend on what the player needs just to play, or not sparing resources to get maximum pleasure.

.MOrz. 05.09.19

I bought not 1 Russified game!Since we have 1,Dada,Prince of Persia is 1250 rubles,and English.His current not long ago brought.Kick..I have 3 passed.

W
Wox 05.09.19

I hate how much I hate this fucking Demon Tulz!!!

u
unreal bot 05.09.19

Many here write that star force - shit, he brakes and everything..... The delusion of some kind. Well, wait until the disc is checked 5-10 sec, th such. But if someone drives in cd-rome fly, it means that the cd-rom gaunantys, not the disc.

P
Pangolin 05.09.19

better license-less pirates

.MOrz. 05.09.19

And what's wrong with daemon?if not for him,the figure would be played in a game with StarForce.

A
Ars2006 05.09.19

about the moral choice)))

never buy a license from the new disk, because there is a game: ford street racer, the installer weighs ocla 300 metres, these 2 make!!!!! SS
crashday, about 600 metres - dvd!!!!!!! and 2 cd.....
children's game about Musketeers: about 150 megabytes again 2 cd
not to mention lada racing club(((
in both only the pirates and daemon tools

A
A.Soldier of Light 05.09.19

hmm 150 megabytes on two discs :D

F
FDSH 05.09.19

...the pirates started to respect a good game that only is HL2 with Russian voice acting...

This is because the pirates have downloaded the Wolvovsky localization HL2. =)

P
PAKHAN 05.09.19

unreal bot - don't know programming, do not speak. Any modern protection add to game brakes, and StarForce are a different topic altogether, sometimes it is impossible to play, especially if you have an old comp.
Plus, the guys from StarForce was a security problem - they do not deny, but silent Yes, like th-that was, once, in some old version, wait for sure, no one left to say.... And someone like, if someone has nothing better to do, through the use of software holes, I'll erase it all prog and data from the computer ? How is it then, eh ?
That's why if I bought a license disk with this diarrhea, then is FORCED to buy and pirates (or download the Demo version) because I can't afford Internet access from this potential plague on Board.

Plus, again, the license less the probability of glitches is about ???
I buy a license, SpellForce gold Russobit what ? It turns out that it can not play, do not download the patch from the Internet, and downloading some buildings lost, the game slows down, it falls out. Bought the pirates, put English, downloaded the English patch and NoCD - the game is quite slow and crashes.
The main question - WHY I BOUGHT a LICENSE, and remains unanswered.
It's all Rosovitskii antics, these insignificant and worthless copies from the time of Disciples 2 forced buyers of their license themselves to release patches and coperiodic the game for game. The same thing, in the end, bought the pirates, downloaded the patches and do not know of problems (recently bought from Akella - normal the drive, if not StarForce, prices would not have them).
And go you, clever forum game (if they haven't wiped it yet), but read what's going on with their products, at least in part SpellForce. For life promise is not something that Rosovitskii scrap to take and bunch of recyclable materials, and modest and generally treat the license.

J
Jekk 05.09.19

Pakhan, you just see a donkey and you have a crap computer and crap your crooked clumsy hands. And since you're such a great programmer, you should know that the protection works only at the time of the start of the game, and then turned off... and the wind does not produce apresence operations with drivers, basic security, an ancient feature, known from вин95.

Ubeysya the wall.

P
PAKHAN 05.09.19

Jekk, boy puberty, you StarForce of money paid to you other insulted on the forums and shouting, but the result is good protection, or are you just an arrogant little man with a bloated ego ?
The computer I have this, which was enough money, brought his own hands to mind as part of the iron (soldering circuits, installation of filters and cooling) and part of the software. On the PC I have are: 98-me, windows 2000 sp0, windows 2000 sp4, windows 2003 sp0, Linux. And it's not just worth it, and works without issues.
This is the question of hands. Do you have your XP at all? You know... well, at least the differences in the shortcut to the program and to an Internet site, a great and terrible ?
Thee saidthe protection only works at startup of the game, and then turned off...
Nonsense! This is the active phase of the work, seen by the eye.
and yet the wind does not produce apresence operations drivers- another myth.
Okay, will have to briefly write about.
1) When the system driver StarForce, using them as drivers to a maximum privilege level, scan the most important system libraries and rewrite them in a piece of code (in order not to do the Demon tuls 4 hides driver Windows and yourself) to fit your needs. That is why many people after installing games with StarForce stop working USB and IDE devices, etc.
2) At the time of the start of the game all this shit is set in motion and makes even more changes to code for the core system libraries, and the changes often avslutta buggy buggy descendants of their authors. As a result, a crash or a system reboot.
3) File (files) of the game are so disfigured this trash that...
Well, in a nutshell.
No StarForce is a feature in the program where it four-fold, divides and outputs the result.
With Santos - there is a jump on the long (more code encrypted functions once in 500-1000) function, where program code is decrypted, then only this code, this poor function is executed.
And it is already checked in the decrypted program! And if to consider that such moments in the program from 40-60 to 200 have obvious performance degradation.
Point 2.
Every program accesses the system through a certain function, the so-called API, a list of which is also clearly marked. In some programs there is an internal cycle of these API functions from 3 to 5 that run continuously for tens of thousands of times per second (so is, for example, Spellforce). StarForce encrypts many API functions, writing there own code/encrypting them.
I propose to try to guess how many times will slow down program execution after this over her bullying, and how it will drop FPS.
Really all depends on luck (games).
If you will be encrypted many repetitive functions, we get those system requirements, which are, to put it mildly excessive and are essentially unreal.
Plus the changed code and, as a result of its unstable work.
The result is a reasonable question arises: the Fig is it necessary?
Yes, it is not necessary at all.
That did not work either anyone have a wrong opinion, I try to buy only and exclusively licensed. However, if there is found this diarrheal product called StarForce, or that the licensed product has the misfortune to be released a settlers type game, these proizvoditelyami salvage yard I HAVE to download the Demo version from Internet or you HAVE to buy the disc from pirates, although in reality I do not want to.

J
Jekk 05.09.19

yeah. of course it's easier for you to find a way to disconnect the ribbon cable and power from the drive, put DT and a whole slew of leftist ekzeshnika viruses than just insert the disc in the drive. Me dancing with a tambourine alien. Much of the money on a good game I always find, let them at least 200, at least 700r. :) But I will have a great game on discs, in a beautiful krosoczka, keys for Internet and without a scrap :)

About Linux and the rest of you bent... and I do not need it nafig because on the computer I use only a couple of games, Internet and word. I'm not a maniac enthusiast, carrying all day at the computer, trying to bring it into working condition. And it works great.

Professor Utica said protection drivers job - based security OS. So go read clever books, kid. And I advise you to stop buying all the pirate shit.

P
PC-loh 05.09.19

And I'm fundamentally for the license! Films, music, and toys(fortunately, they are now in a number appeared). I got this thing back in ' 95 when I bought zasilatelstvi(by my standards) sound system for 2500 tanks. Immediately bought pressed CD Eric Clapton(I really like his music) over 30.e. The difference with the pirates was huge! Maybe then, a technique for rewriting such was not. By the way, the CD I sold in 2001 за35 have.e, wishing it was five people, and with the money bought the DVD of the same concert. So sometimes litsenzionki money well spent:-))) From the pirate toys I have NFS undeground 1,2,MW and the whole series of Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider Legend, I would our pirates for CA..I hung on the fence! When installed russifiers not fucking understand it on th press. I had to put back the English version, it became more clear. I knew I should have bought a license, it is at 150 rubles more expensive. From localized: DOOM3 great, Far Cry and WarCraft3 great. Russobit - sucks! And DVDs only buy the license, because the pirate go with tightly Packed sound effects and hunting to support domestic and foreign manufacturer. Although repent, operating system and all the associated soft costs left. It would be more affordable, I would buy the right one. And about daemon tools, etc., my computer is mid-range and no problems with these prog no. In the left dolblyus NFSMW on full settings, no brakes. The same in Far Cry license.

A
A.Soldier of Light 05.09.19

I got this thing back in' 95 when I bought zasilatelstvi(by my standards) sound system for 2500 tanks.
pigasse you spend money O_o

2 Jekk
I have by the way are not any daemon-tuls or something like that, I need only no-cd for games (I actually have piratok much less than (bought) licensing).
A DEMO version is sacred, because without it, the drive goes bad (every time spinning in the cd-rom'e)

J
Jekk 05.09.19

Cool, Soldier, cool. You have to ExMachina nocd 1.02 AND POP:T2T from Akella?

_
_Simpson_ 05.09.19

I buy a license, and I don't need no Daemon tools, Alcohol, But sit!
Simply pop the disc and enjoy!! =)