3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
ferrumban 14.05.20 12:38 pm

Hammer Editor v.2 (Half-Life 2)

In this topic, ask questions and get answers on the Hammer Editor, the map editor for Source games.

The previous version of the theme.
96 Comments
Sort by:
x
xDDGx 14.05.20

How to make a loop pop up on the screen the text? Something I can't quite understand what and how... I need to loop the appearance of the phrase Press SPACE to quit. on the map-the Intro, say, every 15 seconds. Use game_text + relay + it. This is still tried using logic_timer. auto activates the relay, that will trigger game_text, and after 15 seconds himself. As a result, the message POPs up only once... apparently, I need to find out what kind of entity can trigger itself. Or build a closed ring of the two entities, which activate each other and game_text at the same time.

s
spectre from TM 14.05.20

in logic the timer has a flag repeat that it was cyclical logic of auto you only need to start the timer, ito vrodeby not necessarily, the timer should be the startup..
trigering timer myself unnecessary, put theit flag repeat) //and relay unnecessary

x
xDDGx 14.05.20

Oh, thanks, I'll try.

C
Clipodel 14.05.20

People tell me how when the map changes it is possible to take away the player weapons or the suit?

s
spectre from TM 14.05.20

look in the brush enith the weapon stripper

C
Clipodel 14.05.20

Thank you.

x
xDDGx 14.05.20

And someone could write or suggest an already existing good splint for displacement? And I, except for the simplest Geometry and Noise Paint anything not mastered... //although in General it is unclear whether something else in betasom Hummer %(

C
Cvoxalury 14.05.20

I know of the splints is that on the source-inside and on the wiki. Wait, what there is a complicated? There's five options. What else is there to use, in addition to the geometry? Paint alpha is when you assign the texture with the Shader WorldTwoTextures (they all start to blend, say, blendrockflooegrass001 or something like that), driving the LMB covers the first structure, RMB — the second, the size of the brush is optional. Option Sew stitches along the top edge of the sheet displacement, but it is not necessary that the original brushes (in 2D you can see them) were the corners joined to each other, i.e. their faces, which are supposed to sew, would lie at the same height and would be the same width.
SubDivide rounds displacment. If you create a cube and turn it side to displacement geometry, subdivid will make this a rough field (the higher the level of polygonality, the closer to the sphere), if we take a long Brasov and choose her part, excluding ends, and turn in displacement geometry and then subdivid — turn in a tube\the cable; however, the ends would have such square socket — to avoid this, after conversion to displacement geometry to Brasov and cut her small pieces at the beginning and the end, and to make subdivid — then the average length of the leaves more or less flat, and the edges-grommets Mongo to remove.

Subdivid works with the inner surface. If you take the tunnel\corridor and its inner walls to highlight, make displacements and subdividing, get a tunnel like in EP2. Also you can join the many corridors, turning and tilting, the main thing — to follow the matching brushes. However, the more surfaces it is necessary so to round off, the longer it turns out the process (up to several minutes). Well, if we take this tunnel and select in it and inside, and ends, and external, will result in the pipe. In General the logic of this is easy to understand.

It's all in a nutshell, if something else is needed in detail I will try to write.

x
xDDGx 14.05.20

What else is there to use, in addition to the geometry?
Well, I was hoping there's something out there that facilitate the drawing of the geometry... And then pull some thread top and get is smooth, round mountains, a long peak...

But in General, SPS, interesting the tricks that I can use.

C
Cvoxalury 14.05.20

For more relaxed forms it is necessary to increase the radius of the brush (and choose not pinpoint the movement of vertices).

Radius, by the way, if there is a slider already rested on the edge, you can manually enter in the box to the right of the slider and work. But spotsa if any of the sliders to move.

While the old hammer is the radius of 1024, and in the updated version — only up to 256...

x
xDDGx 14.05.20

(and not to choose the point move vertices)
Uh, and what's that? And I that is something other than Raise/Lower to draw can't. And off the jackdaw Spatial can't. Yet there is a radio-button Soft-Edge and Hard-Edge - what are they?

//left out only one thing - it Betsy hammer or curve I curve XD

C
Cvoxalury 14.05.20

Why no Spatial (lol, I couldn't is the word to remember, but I it was referring to) can't? There are n ADO not just click there when there is a grid field, choose the point (in fact as well as Spatial), and holding the LMB or RMB (move + or - on the chosen axis) to drive a little so the mouse. Staying near the selected point. Better to train with a small set pace.

Soft-edge means that the selected point will drag the group of points (which will be captured in a set radius) in such a way that will be soft to rise or fall. That is, the maximum effect will be a point in the centre, and dots around the edges will gradually shift back proporcionalno distance from the center. And with hard edge they all rise equally, a sharp lift or pit.

x
xDDGx 14.05.20

No, something still does not work... Although there after removing the jackdaws lights field Brush (brush?), which is a selection menu... But it's nothing, really, nothing to choose. Perhaps it is because of this I have not working.

will be soft to rise or fall
Yes, indeed, put a radius - like it, although I would not say that it is right-is much smooth turns, but still comfortable.

C
Cvoxalury 14.05.20

Well, if the radius is not very large (say 100), it is hardly noticeable. But bigger is more noticeable.

By the way, if we are talking about creating a landscape you can use the program Terragen (I told her I was going to, because I didn't know how to create the displacement geometry in hammer, lol). There is in principle similar tools — lifting\the late arrivals, noise, aliasing. But there the landscapes are more coarse, and it is necessary to correctly count them, and that too large number of triangles will work. But for large maps the most (here's to the Depot there I sdelali landscape and then finished), and can be on the picture-heatmap (no heightmap) create dispacement (tried couple times).

D
Dark Kahn 14.05.20

And then you can just stick the NPCs and make a batch of 1000 against the cops?

C
Cvoxalury 14.05.20

It is possible, it can and only game to use. To spawn NPC it is necessary to restore sight on a flat horizontal surface (floor, ground), open the console (~or settings-keyboard settings-enable console- ~ ), enter the npc_create npc_metropolice (for a COP in this case). If you need to pit the two NPC, we need you to zaspaunit ' one, then the other, to place the crosshair on the first, write in the console ent_setname *an arbitrary name, say, cop1*, bring on the second and enter the same ent_setname (for example, cop2), then, for the actual grazing, enter:

ent_fire cop1 setrelationship cop2 D_HT 99 ent_fire and cop2 setrelationship cop1 D_HT 99,

under the scheme, where the first part
the command for the NPC, then
the name of the NPC, then
specific team for it (lit. sanatornoye), then
in quotes is the name of the relation object, then
the type of relationship (D_HT, from hate, hatred, D_LI, from like, "friendship", D_NT — neutral, neutral, D_FR — fear of the first NPC's afraid of a second), and then
priority.

Or to, say, NPC NPC hate all of a certain type, instead of the name of the second NPC can be printed like this: ent_fire cop1 setrelationship npc_citizen D_HT 99 — a COP will hate and attack all citizens (npc_citizen). If you enter npc_metropolice — all his. And if you type in the name of the first, and as the name of the second classes, they all travada. For example, ent_fire npc_strider setrelationship npc_combine_s D_HT 99 — ALL the striders will hate ALL soldiers.

s
spectre from TM 14.05.20

of course, even even hammer unnecessary, just Spanish console //npc_create npc_metropolice
another was a team weapon with which to spawn, the NPC of CR equipment, but can't remember NPK enters the CR into the console it will appear below in the list

rides: ar
//ololo, is it possible just class metrokop to put D-HT to the class of the metrocops? I wonder if NPC will hate yourself..

C
Cvoxalury 14.05.20

On itself works, but only in the presence of other NPCs.
Despite the fact that strangely, in both cases, I have half the battle (the metrocops vs the metrocops, combine vs combine) defeated the ones that were Gasparrini first.

x
xDDGx 14.05.20

and make a beef against 1000 cops
If this PC is a stand Qty.

Cvoxalury 21.06.13 20:13
*Mickey mouse rips yourself глаза.gif*
Although the content of the claims is not very interesting.

C
Cvoxalury 14.05.20

*Mickey mouse rips yourself глаза.gif*

So it is!
Changed. =)
I figured that on the forum a few otherwise it will look like.