3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Phantom2014 15.10.19 02:57 am

Impression of the game (Detroit: Become Human)

Share your impression and advice to take the game or not for the undecided . Thank you all.
71 Comments
Sort by:
A
Anderby 16.10.20

Graphics are top, but there are smears on screenshots, facial animation is not sliding, unlike the previous game quantic Dream. The gameplay this time is almost not even explained. Investigations are interesting. The plot is interesting, though collected from banal moves, the world is woven more or less competently. Androids here almost no, they differ from people only by physiology and speed of thoughts. Destroying androids is like destroying smartphones -- terribly impractical. Marcus's revolution is a mouse struggle. Police officers in Detroit can not even search the crime scene (hidden androids in the attic and on the roof of the TV studio).
The opening of the story map at first seemed to me blasphemy, but then I realized its coolness. Solutions are very unpredictable -- a simple turn the wrong way can lead to the imminent end of the chapter, unpleasant. The story develops as if without a player. In 2018, the genre is atavism, but the genre obliges. It's cool to see how the 2011 demo developed into the game, as I imagined.

The game stands almost next to Heavy Rain. But HR was a revolution in the genre, and Detroit is only its successor. I hope that one day the dream will be able to do something just as revolutionary.
Spoiler

S
Spyder-man 02.12.20

The game has not passed yet, but in my opinion they better buy a theme/story for the plot of someone else. Somehow on the principle of stupid and even dumber they get with the plots. This game is the peak of stupidity. We tried very hard to get something out of the empty empty, that is, from the dead idea from which you can not pull anything out. Extremely stupid to sympathize with robots, and even playing against people, I certainly always chose in favor of people. In general, the game in technical terms, graphics and directing is just a masterpiece. The beginning of the game - the menu and the first episode - a bomb, but then everything, in terms of the theme itself. It is interesting to investigate, choose, the gameplay itself, the graphics are all very spectacular and saves so that I personally did not come off, except for some episodes somewhere in the beginning. But there is always a thought - paradox and delusions, because the story is very stupid and it was pathetic people. I lower the rating for stupidity and vulgarity, which again shoved into the game and put 7. :)
I would bet a deuce, but just a game, apart from failure with the idea, everything else is solid 10 and therefore 7. Even the plot managed so well to glue and present, at 10, despite the fact that the idea is boring.
About the topic itself, for that matter. Responsibility for such robots should be borne by the creators, for the fact that put in them these slapped failures, and in the game the creator rests himself in the pool. And this drama around these robots is not a drama at all and not a question. The robots themselves need to replace the program with a regular one and not make them look like humans. There would be such a question in real life and would do so. It's actually very simple common sense and the usual observance of the norm and safety.

R
Reverrius 19.12.20

Last year, 2019, was rich in "interactive films". This is the finale of The Walking Dead, and the first project of The Dark Pictures anthology, and the second season of Life is Strange ... But first of all, of course, it is the release of three projects of Quantic Dream on the PC. And if Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls looked like “greetings from the past” even with a tighter picture, Detroit: Become Human, released on PS4 in 2018, can boast of its “good shape” even now! However, a nice picture (especially in terms of character models) is far from the main advantage of the latest project, Quantic Dream.

To begin with, Detroit: Become Human is the most comprehensive interactive android work in the gaming industry. More "fully" on this topic in games has not been expressed, at the moment, no one else. The second advantage of the project is, of course, the characters. Kara, Marcus, Connor, Hank ... The heroes are worked out in detail both in character and from the visual and technical side. The level of emotional gaming involvement in the fate of the heroes is colossal. And the third "whale" of Detroit is the branching of the plot and sometimes really difficult "moral choices". As in the case of Heavy Rain, David Cage once again snapped on the noses of all “colleagues in the shop” who boasted of their “choices and consequences”. For each of the main characters there are many forks and possible endings, and the "uprising of the machines" can be as peaceful,

If we talk about the plot in more detail, then, in addition to nonlinearity, there are many plot twists, high-quality presentation and direction. Yes, it was not without David Cage's characteristic "killing of common sense in the name of emotions", but on the whole the story turned out to be collected and complete. Separately, I was pleased with the storyline of Connor, an android on the capture of deviants ("awakened" androids who deviated from the programmed behavior), which makes it possible to stop the "android revolution". In addition, his partner, police lieutenant Hank, turned out to be no less elaborate character than the main characters.

What else can you say about Detroit: Become Human? Local QTEs turned out to be moderately diverse - there are episodes with everyday life typical for Quantic Dream projects (organically woven into the plot and not as frequent as in Heavy Rain), and adrenaline chases, and spectacular action scenes. The game also has a high-quality soundtrack. The control, however, is not very convenient for the keyboard, but there are still fewer complaints about it than about the Heavy Rain PC port. As for the bugs and the technical side of the port, there were several random freezes and one crash in a certain place (I had to slightly correct the settings file to solve the problem).

In conclusion, I would like to state that Detroit: Become Human came out as an excellent example of an "interactive film" - spectacular, exciting and memorable!

9/10

N
NRaV 11.01.21

Wow. I passed it, after so long waiting) I took the entire Quantic dream collection in front of NG with skidon. Someone scolds their games for being a "soap movie", and I love them for that even with Fahrenheit (Zulin, damn it, where is the review ?!).

The advantages of this game are painted everywhere and are generally visible with the naked eye on the monitor.
But I would like to dwell on the cons. Despite the abundance of endings, at times he feels a lack of variation in the passage, for example, Kamski gives one answer for 2 different phrases. Or when Connor takes a sniper position - as many as 3 characters can interfere with him, but he cannot kill the target, even if you shy. But all this leaves only a light residue, nothing more, show must go on and all that.
On my not the weakest hardware, the flights were stable every half hour. For this, minus a point.

And still this movie is EPIC!
9/10

V
Valentine_K 26.01.21

The game is excellent, I went through it 2 times (there is a review above), the second time I managed to have an ending to which, according to statistics, only 1% of players came. After each passage, you understand the game, its message in a new way.

Most of the players don't guess, but there are 2 semantic levels in the game: the first is accessible for everyone to understand, the second is secret, it turns the meaning of the first level inside out, opening a new level of reality of the events taking place. It is not said directly about it, but it is inscribed in the matrix of ongoing events and is the primary and deep meaning that gives the development of the whole story. In order to reach him, you need to keep in mind that all this chatter on TV, articles in magazines about world events, is not empty, but has an archetypal relation to the plot.

I will definitely go through at least once, the game is a masterpiece. Cage will make the next game even better, it is now clear.

K
KONSSTA 08.02.21

Wow, I didn’t even expect the game to be so interesting .... as if the show was watched ... not to come off !!!!!

r
raul245 16.02.21

I liked the game, though I just started. Surprised that on my system AMD A8-9600, GTX 750 2Gb, 8 gig RAM went fine, but it sags a little. Gives to play. I'm happy with the principle.

U
UltraRedison 08.09.21

V_o_l_l_k_a
You also write that The Division predicted coronavirus

A
ArtyrKar 19.01.22

the best game I have ever seen.

M
Mandalorian 20.01.23

The plot is great... but it's too short.

d
dos unit 26.01.23

A movie would be better done instead of a game, there would be more fees. As for me, it’s interesting, not without questions and comments on the plot, crooked management, the graphics are very high quality even for 2023)) And yes, it’s very short. The entire budget was spent on elderly supporting stars, but they could have unwound the plot to the fullest. ))