3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Toreno 11.06.20 09:21 pm

Technical problems (Freelancer)

The theme for the solution of technical problems with the game Freelancer.
73 Comments
Sort by:
D
DIMON_XXX 11.06.20

Help pliz I want to play the game but it does not start. I start it a warning window that"the game cannot identify your graphics card may experience errors while running the game I click Yes appears black screen and after 30 sec climbs out the window Send error report where you can send or not send report. What can I do I installed DirectX 9, updated wood vidyuhi. A computer configuration: percents AMD athlon X2 245 2.9 GHz, 4GB of RAM, a video card GTS 250 and Radeon 3000(tried to run on both the result is the same, Radeon 3000 is integrated vidyuhi), the screws on the 1TB and 500GB, Windows XP pro SP3 x32.
It is interesting to me more what's on win 7 with compatibility with XP the game runs without problems on the same computer.

A
Antoha Zvoncov 11.06.20

Hi all. Downloaded the mod Crossfire 1.9 Dark Ages. There is a FL Mod Manager v1.4. When you try to activate the fashion all the time popping up:

Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 1.9 Client Edition'
Error: failed SHCopyFile ('H:\Games\Freelancer\EXE\resources.dll.flmmbak' to 'H:\Games\Freelancer\EXE\_resources.dll')

Before this mod activated. Then I deactivated. Why don't remember.

Tried to find in the Internet _resources.dll and resources.dll.flmmbak - no results. Reinstallation does not help. Installed like so:

1. To install the game.
2. To install mod Manager.
3. DISABLE ANTIVIRUS software (if you do not, he will not normally set the fashion).
4. To install the mod (as the installation path specify the path to mod Manager).
5. At the end of installation start the mod Manager. To apply for this mod .
6. Now the antivirus can be enabled.

Please help someone what to do then?

A
Antoha Zvoncov 11.06.20

I activated this mod. Is there something with the settings when activated. I left everything as is except the cursor. Put the classic cursor. After it will undergo activation and then will show you - if you Wish to save (restore) the backup files, click no and so after each activation error. After the second or third run, activate the mod was activated and everything works.

D
Demik55 11.06.20

People can help to solve a problem? Anyways, decided to put the mod Crossfire and did not work I deleted it. But the game is already won zapuskatsya. Many times I have reinstalled it, but to work normally does not want. It does not start finally, the broken missions, etc. Yesterday it was the case that I had in the beginning of the game how the hell was the ship Legionary(the corsairs)..... Do not advise what to do? Campaign mod I messed it up. And how do I get the game to work properly?

K
Killer_3500 11.06.20

Maybe clean up the registry and then reinstall the game?
edit: I helped

D
Disease 11.06.20

People poskazhite what to do.

I have in the game no sound... at all.

In the F. A. Q. says that you need put these files:
redist\WMFDIST.EXE and redist\WMPCDCS8.EXE BUT the file WMFDIST.EXE does not start, or rather does not react to its launch...

K
Killer_3500 11.06.20

Maybe the computer is overloaded and unable to run the file?
If not, you can try to search the Internet for this file, if I understand correctly.
And files by name remind media codecs.

S
SimpleD 11.06.20

Yes, it's the codecs.
You can, alternatively, try the 3D sound is clean. Here look.

K
Killer_3500 11.06.20

And I have a Russian pirate :) these files are not seen

Or here:
Otryvochek
Missing Game Sounds
If you experience missing game sounds throughout Freelancer then a different audio codec is probably being used rather that the one provided by Freelancer.

· Please follow these steps if some sounds and speech are still missing after installation:
· Uninstall any 3rd party codec pack or the Nimo Codec pack from your system.
· Uninstall Freelancer.
· Go to the following directory C:\WINDOWS\system32 and delete the file “l3codecp.acm”. If there happens to be another file named “l3codeca.acm”, delete this too.
· If your system is Windows 98 or ME, open the system.ini file located in your system folder; C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM. Delete ONLY the line that starts with “msacm.l3acm=”. In the case of the Nimo codec pack, this will read “msacm.l3acm=l3codecp.acm”
· If your system is Windows 2000 or XP, open the system registry editor (regedit) from the RUN command window.
· Locate and delete the following key: \HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\msacm.l3acm
· Load the Freelancer installation CD and locate the REDIST folder. Within the REDIST folder, double click on the file named “WMFADist.exe” and follow on-screen instructions. //Disease might have been telling about this file//
· Install Freelancer.

By the way...I SimpleD cake noticed, so congratulations on that, judging by the date, from the past.

S
SimpleD 11.06.20

I'm also on the pirates at first played. There, if memory serves, those files were. Here most likely from build depends.

Thanks for the compliments )

D
Disease 11.06.20

Problem with sound was solved after reinstalling Windows, the other options did not fit.
In F. A. Q. stated that the fact that the sound in the game is earned, you must install WMFDIST. and WMPCDC78.
Most files on disk are not installed, namely the file WMFDIST.exe doesn't open on Win7 x64. most of the other...

k
konstantinios 11.06.20

Guys help to find a solution to the problem!Start Freelancer,but when I start the game it minimizes and then nothing happens!Prompt,who knows how to be,what to do?!

K
Killer_3500 11.06.20

There is a mod Crossfire?
If the curve pirates, are possible glitches.
You can try to clean the registry and reinstall the game.

k
konstantinios 11.06.20

it is not fashion

k
konstantinios 11.06.20

and by the way,as the registry opens,and I in the computer have not communicated

K
Killer_3500 11.06.20

and by the way,as the registry opens,
Start -> run -> regedit

k
konstantinios 11.06.20

thanks,and by the way,where is the best place to download homeworld add-on?

k
konstantinios 11.06.20

cleaned the registry and reinstalled,did not help

k
konstantinios 11.06.20

GUYS,TELL ME HOW TO CALL ADMIN?

r
rrajabov 11.06.20

Demik55
Uninstall the game using the Uninstaller Tool, it clean the registry and delete all the game files from the registry. Then on the new install. Look for another version of the mod.