3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mousebreaker 14.06.20 10:22 pm

Impressions of the game (The Vanishing of Ethan Carter)

After several postponements the game finally available to download on steam. Who bought (or downloaded) and already tried it, what are your first impressions..

PS Sorry, Russian language is not delivered

67 Comments
Sort by:
R
Reverrius 14.06.20

Polish developers from new Studio the Astronauts, consisting of people who worked on the shooter Bulletstorm, released their debut project, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. They decided to move away from the FPS genre and make something new and original, no shooting and explosions. And they got it.

The game's plot tells the story of the detective Field, Prospero, who possesses paranormal abilities. He receives a letter from a boy named Ethan Carter, asking for help, so Prospero finds himself in a place called Red Creek Valley", and the main task for him is to find the child. Detective-mystical story in which the ending dot JI.

From the point of view of gameplay The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is a cross between Murdered: Soul Suspect and Dear Esther. First she got a simplified advenchurnoy component, focused on detective survey locations and the solution of simple puzzles, the second - the main character wandering through the deserted expanses of gaming, from time to time accompanied by monologues and thoughts of GG.

Exploring another crime scene we recreate the picture of what is happening, we are examining the objects to the location, find the missing items, and in the end build the right chain of events and, using their paranormal psychic abilities, look at how it was. Is the game and the element of horror, suddenly attached to one of the locations.

But most of all keeps screens monitor stunning visuals and enchanting music. We have one of the most beautiful games on the Unreal Engine 3, with skillful design locations filled with stunning scenery. In the game you just want to be in.

Regarding the cons, it is primarily the non-obviousness of some of the tasks required to perform that some of the players in the end can lead to re-race through locations in the end of the game.

Total: a good project piece if you like something unusual, then do not pass by charming The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

8/10

M
Martisha Novoselova 14.06.20

Also I would like to play this game sorry my computer does not support it((

S
Sp1d3RX 14.06.20

Put somebody save from the Redux version, please.

K
Key Ovald 14.06.20

The letter the little boy makes a detective with extraordinary abilities to go on their last journey to unravel the secret of the disappearance of Ethan Carter.
The game follows in the footsteps of former fashion, and now a full game Dear Ester. As there, the player remains alone with the beautiful location and plot. Ethan Carter there are also investigations, when to gather evidence, and then to restore the order of the events that shed light on the subject.
The plot is the main thing in this game and it is great. At first, incomprehensible and even absurd. Some Sleep that took seven of Ethan's room in an old house that must be destroyed, strange places. But gradually the essence ajar, and a great and sad ending puts everything in its place, leaving the player to remember the passage and comprehend what he saw. Really!
Complements the immersion in the game the incredible beauty of the world! As written in one short review, the incentive is simulation aesthetic orgasm. Location though relatively small, but often catch myself thinking that just a walk in the woods or surrounding area of the dam and admire the surrounding beauty. A great example of how not to the most modern technology (Unreal Engine 3) you can achieve the incredible beauty of the world.
The game is short, about four hours, but most do not. It's the perfect time when the game process does not have time to get bored, and beauty to pall. Unobtrusive and beautiful music adds to the atmosphere.
10/10

s
stranjer8 14.06.20

Appreciate the game from the point of view of the game, and not works of art.
If you like philosophical stories, contemplative gameplay and suicide fantasies, a dying boy (spit that spoiler. I hate stories where everything that happens is fake), then this game is for you. Contemplative, the works good. But the game is work can not be called. Just the plot is not suitable for the game. It lacks the richness, clarity and a better ending, than: the main character is one of the fantasies of a young psychopath. But the graphics, the atmosphere and design is beyond praise.

S
Spyder-man 23.12.21

stranjer8
stranjer8 wrote:
(I don't care that there is a spoiler.
No, comrades, let's not spoilers.
That's why it's called from the word spoiled - spoil it.
And in general, let's go without it.)
But the toy is old, I hope the graphonium won't spoil my impression.

S
Spyder man 19.01.22

The beginning is grayish, but the game was very surprising for the better and the message is very good, but for this you need to go through everything, to the credits.
The game surprised and seemed like a novelty, despite the passage of similar games and newer ones.
There is creepiness, there are even screamers.
I recommend to make the screen brighter, the walls, the corners are absolutely dark, set the lightness to the maximum, it’s even more beautiful.

Playing as a medium is based on puzzles, it has a pleasant atmosphere with a story and denouement.
Took the game two points for running around, in addition to some things, could give fast movement.
When blocking with puzzles, these distances literally double the travel time, and this extra "play" feels like a waste of time, not play, and is therefore tiring.
But still, riddles and puzzles are very good and it's a pity to lose them peeping out of the corner of your eye on the Internet ..

Version of Gog, crack GameSvoice, in this game there is only sound.
And the text from Tolma4 from this site works fine.
Gog does not seem to be redux, but I played on two versions and I did not notice the difference at all.