3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 17.12.20 05:25 am

The Witcher 3 vs Cyberpunk 2077 (Cyberpunk 2077)

I understand that the games are different and stuff like that ... But I wanted to ask about something else, in terms of interest, excitement, so to speak, "capture" of the player, which game in your opinion is more addictive?
I myself have not played Cyberpunk, if anything, I'm waiting for patches and a new video card, but the Witcher 3 and all the additions to it went far and wide.
While playing The Witcher 3, I played 600 hours there (if you round up), and these 600 hours I played in one gulp, that is, I was not distracted by any other games, they simply ceased to exist for me for this time, just as they ceased to exist all gaming sites and news regarding games at this time. And when I passed The Witcher, I couldn't play anything for a week at all, it's like after reading a good book or watching a good TV series - I don't want to immediately switch to something else, there is no mood and desire. Although when I go through any other game, I can immediately start playing a new one.
To whom the Witcher 3 went as strongly as me, and who is now playing Cyberpunk 2077 - what is more interesting and exciting for you? Should we expect the same takeover from Cyberpunk?
84 Comments
Sort by:
a
artenoz 17.12.20

Podvipodvertov
It affects the speed of loading textures and animations, taking into account lousy optimization for HDD, while it is required. However, see for yourself, I personally did not observe most of the problems with the SSD because of which people are bugging (soapy textures, frozen animations, T-poses)

a
artenoz 17.12.20

Nurp
The first 2 books, to be more precise, the following goes like this. The sorceress girl Ciri (I personally infuriated and fenced, almost like a witcher, and was not deprived of magic power, and special for all blood, thu), and Geralt from 4 to 6 books has a direct midlife crisis. However, in general, the series of books was rated by me as good

a
artenoz 17.12.20

X_ray_83
I agree, the first 2 books are the most suitable of the cycle.

P
Podvipodvertov 17.12.20

Leys_Bro
Yes, I generally think when the video card arrives, the first thing to do is to re-pass the last Metro at all ultras, and after it RDR2 also go at maximum speed with all the options. I have already played these games, only on medium-high and without anti-aliasing, well, without RTX.

P
Podvipodvertov 17.12.20

artenoz
How much is a more or less sane 500GB SSD worth now?
500GB is enough for me to asshole, in general, you can even leave one SSD and that's it.

v
vigtor 17.12.20

What are we talking about, the game just came out and unfinished and buggy. It would be logical to ask this question in a year!

L
Leys_Bro 17.12.20

Podvipodvertov
Metro, I advise you to wait, there, too, will soon bring the Next Gene. I myself will go through the 3rd time, I really liked it)

c
cruze126 17.12.20

The Witcher 3 is a masterpiece of the gaming industry, an ingenious creation. And sometimes ingenious things are not obtained intentionally - just someone went about their business with all their hearts. It will be very difficult to surpass him. These games come out once a decade! And Cyberpunk tried very hard, forced and customized to make a unique game! Do EVERYTHING !!!! with this approach, a work of genius will not work!

N
Nurp 17.12.20

artenoz wrote:
However, in general, the series of books was rated by me as
good. Well, yes, the idea is good, the implementation of gamno. Therefore, I suffered all this saga, but read it to the end)))

a
artenoz 17.12.20

Podvipodvertov
Google)
I myself am from Belarus - our prices may differ slightly. And so, I would advise you to first consider options with NVMe, under the M.2 connector. If not on budget, then switch to more standard and cheaper solutions in the 2.5 "form factor.

M
MunchkiN 616 17.12.20

if you abandon the subjective predilection for a particular genre or setting. and a superficial study of cyberpunk and the witcher without dls ...
in cyberpunk there is no cool effect of air-water separation by the glass of the camera or any other effect that replaces it from which the transition when howling is usually abrupt. however, in cyberpunk there are waves on the water, kind of like interactive, and in the witcher 3, the sea is flat.
in cyberpunk there is not a single barber, but in the witcher they are. and there are complex hairstyles in cyberpunk. somewhere they make them and I don't like the color of the beard because when generating the character there was a shift in color to green and generally poor lighting and I have to live with it.
the witcher 3 grows a beard cyberpunk 2077 does not.
cons are relative
loot in The Witcher 3 is patched up and perceived better. in v3 there are leveled items (to be honest, except for the witcher's sets I don't remember), there are also the same leveled items for different damage, but this is not very striking. in cyberpunk, all kinds of chaos with a scatter of loot. it would probably be possible to solve this, but this is a topic for another discussion.
in the witcher, the game is based on the fact that you are a witcher, so the style of gameplay is based on a small choice between magic balls and alchemy. (or alchemy is the 1st witcher) in the end I think all the same any variability of pumping rolls into mutagens for health and beating in a cyberpunk RPG component of a personal style of play and a character washed down under it looks more promising, which means that in punk it can be equally variable pumping.
In Witcher 3, the enemy level system was very infuriating and there were skinny drowners and very high level drowners. in punk so far, ranking by level is not observed at the lightest, respectively. there are cool pumped bandits, but because of stupidity they are killed, which looks honest considering that I am pumping and skills. also in punk did not notice the ranking of complexity by territory. maybe it is, but not so that
it becomes a wall limiting the study of the world. even a police officer can be punched. In the Witcher 3, you are like a cool witcher with the cumulative experience of past games, but Nifgardian men at arms are not tempted to a certain level and you are nothing.
AI both in the Witcher 3 and in cyberpunk behave so-so. in the witcher, the guard does not allow stealing in punk, you go all the loot. in general, ai in the witcher looks better due to a smaller crowd, although the witcher cannot harm the creature, he can lure monsters and the witcher will yell. at the same time, he will not react that I am looting in his apartment. in punk, due to the approach of a dynamic urban crowd, NPCs spawn cyclically and captured vehicles simply disappear when standing for a long time.
this goes into the next in the world simulation. in the witcher, the sleepy middle ages, so you can expect that nothing happens there. traders sell some kind of people go musicians all sorts. and at night they are not like something like that. in punk it's like in morrowind. 24 hour working day. many traders are not actually traders anyway. punk game about modernity and there is no expected reaction of the world. for example, I killed people and no services go to them. although it is as if the cops are standing nearby and as I understand they are always there or the time goes there on missions. static in general is felt stronger than in the witcher.
the study of the world is approximately the same there and there. there are zones of conditionally the beginning of the game and points of interest when the player carefully examines everything - there is a lot of this. and when he plays enough and skips the routine it is expected a little.

well, and most importantly grapone
in punk, then, of course, grapone is naturally between games of a large difference in time and practically generations, except for some bugs with shadows that, for some unknown reason, will be corrected or not. in vicnera 3 they threatened to start rtx but so far it is not.
it's hard to say where the graphics are better in terms of hardware capacities at the time of release. the witcher could be compared to yes, but there is a different world and engine. and cyberpunk - I haven't played new games for a long time - in theory, you can compare the outcome with the metro, as both are shooters and there rtx, despite the fact that completely different approaches to the structure of games.
bugs in version 1.03 and bugs there and there. the further into the forest, the more bugs. I haven't seen so many bugs in punk yet. while bugs that look like errors of the ai and some tractors are mostly expected for the ai crowd.
If we talk about free exploration, then in the early stages at about 10 o'clock (this is about the time when the player gets to know the game attentively and does not skip) I think the games are drawn in the same way.
so that beforehand, maybe if you forget the graphic superiority, the Witcher 3 may be a little better. as that m it further with the plot and other things I can not undertake to compare.

P
Podvipodvertov 17.12.20

MunchkiN 616
I liked the simulation of life most of all in Watch Dog 2 (I haven’t played legion yet) - people walk, someone is in a hurry, somewhere they find out their relationship with someone, someone is bursting on the phone, someone is playing the guitar, couples are sitting hugs, companies in the park hang out at picnics ... and all these people interact with you if you interact with them in the same way.
After the open world of Watch Dog 2, I could no longer even perceive GTA 5 normally, it seemed to me somehow empty, there is no such movement there. And I'm thinking if the open world in Cyberpunk is at least a little like Watch Dog 2, then this is great news for me! But if not, then I don't see anything wrong with that.
I don’t understand all these nitpicking about simple NPCs, such as dummies, etc. What else should they do, dance in front of you and poison jokes?
I even go to the store in my life, people sometimes even less "live" than in the same Watch Dogs, they just silently pass me by and that's it! Someone is talking on the phone, someone is in a hurry, someone is waiting for the bus, and I don’t follow these people, I don’t care, I don’t look if that grandmother got on the bus, or will she, like a scripted one, stand at stops all day? I went through and forgot right there, not people but some kind of scenery.
Therefore, in games, I especially do not have the habit of finding fault with this. I say that in the same Watch Dog 2, in half an hour I could see more varied movement than in life for a whole week walking down the street.
Therefore, if NPCs in Cyberpunk go somewhere without a goal .... yes in life the same way!
This is me, I am writing to those who find fault with the open world of this game, judging by the reviews, I don't see anything scary there.

P
Pavlo1983 17.12.20

I didn’t plan to go through cyberpunk now, especially since there are still a lot of bugs, and it’s good to wait at least half a year until the developers fix them all + may still release them. Now I pass asassins, then another rdr2 has not been passed, and the mafia has been republished, as if there is something to play in addition to cyberpunk, but ... Having passed all three prologues for the sake of interest + the first mission to save the girl and ran a little around the city for a test (to check how, in general, my computer will pull cyberpunk) so imbued with the spirit and atmosphere that it pulls very strongly back into the virtual Night City)). I had such a craving just when the Witcher 3 came out, I still remember how I first got into the White Garden, defeated the griffin and just got stuck in the adventures of Geralt from Rivia)) In this regard, both of these games are brilliant for me, projects they are like magicians make such virtual universes that emotionally cling (at least me), to which you want to return. The same yubisoft does not have this, but their assassins are interesting, they have a well-developed historical setting (the same ancient Greece and ancient Egypt are just perfectly made), but they don't catch on like a witch and cyberpunk and that's it.

Therefore, for me the witcher and cyberpunk are somewhere on the same level - brilliant games, although I haven't really played cyberpunk yet, but from that beginning I see that I will definitely like it no less than the witcher.

M
MunchkiN 616 17.12.20

Podvipodvertov
schedules of the day for NPCs, of course, is bold in games of this kind, because it is technically not possible and NPCs most likely go here and there from point A to point B, or that more likely they just have a cyclic route with little randomness. this is not good and not bad, so such games are designed that the player himself will move somewhere faster than the NPC and therefore will not pay attention to all this.
there are all sorts of street scenes and scripted dialogues. possibly not repeating in designated areas. also there are conventionally static scenes such as a man and a woman are crimped and it always seems like the models are changing. and so somewhere I already saw it and the whole illusion collapses.
but if the plot runs normally, probably.

D
Denis Kyokushin 19.12.20

Podvipodvertov
Podvipodvertov wrote:
I don’t understand all these nitpicking about simple NPCs, such as dummies, etc. What else should they do, dance in front of you and poison jokes?
They do not react to the barrel in their hands. I did not approach the policemen like that, but ordinary citizens are fucked. In The Witcher 3, passers-by are scared if you pull out the sword. I did not catch the Cyberbook from the first minutes, as The Witcher 3. For some reason, it didn't work out to get out of this "state". I closed the game through the task manager and deleted it. Maybe someday I'll come back to it, if the optimism is tweaked and the bugs are cleaned up, for 500 rubles. Or maybe not

m
mi1018 22.12.20

Well, cyberpunk is not bad in terms of the plot, especially at the end of the game, but it does not even come close as the Witcher did in its time

R
Radamel Falcao 08.01.21

Many did not master the contraband on Skellig. Cyberpunk is very, very large Skellige, i.e. kill, patch up and read. Swords and horses were replaced by guns and cars

D
Derley 08.01.21

It's like fallout4 against skyrim

F
Fiesta02 11.01.21

Answering the topicstarter's question, I will say that I personally also stuck in the witcher at one time. Of course, I didn’t play 600 hours, although I played the game 2 times, but from the first to the third witcher, these games seem to be chained to themselves with invisible staples and do not let go. No other developer's game attracted me so much, except Skyrim.
With kp2077, the effect is exactly the same. On the one hand, I am extremely glad that there is SDPR and that they continue to make their games, on the other hand, I am deeply disappointed that for myself I have not yet found other such developers whose ideas would produce the same effect. I hope for TES6, but it's still waiting and waiting.

For as long as you like, you can argue that there are no dummies or barber in kp2077 NPC and because of this the game sucks (although this is not a sandbox), but the author's post is not about that.
If anyone reads, I advise as a game lover to game lovers, play any game the way the developers intended. Do not line up others. And you will get much more pleasure for yourself.

N
NFZero 11.01.21

Stop comparing games to each other ... It's annoying.