3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
asketic.by 17.12.20 05:39 am

Game Impression (Heroes of Might and Magic 5)

Write your impressions of playing Heroes of Might & Magic 5! What did you like and what did not? How would you rate the new part of Heroes? In general, tell all this here.

PS Topic only for discussion of the game, any off-topic posts will be deleted.
173 Comments
Sort by:
d
dugale 17.12.20

I didn't really like the combat system and the fact that it is difficult to orientate on the mini-map. I didn’t like it, the number of applications decreased (in comparison with 3). I liked everything else. In general, 11 s plus from 12 pulls :))))

R
Reverrius 17.12.20

I've been waiting for Heroes V for a long time and now they're out!

Positive aspects:
1) Beautiful and completely three-dimensional locks!
2) A good RPG system: skills + abilities and various specializations of heroes.
3) Cinematic camera during the battle!

Negative sides:
1) Reduced number of locks! There are no barbarian and swamp castles, as well as an element castle.
2) The music is somehow not intelligible, in a word, bad. Worse than in previous parts.
3) Cut down RPG elements: two skill slots, a hero doll and a small amount of artifacts.
4) The interface and controls are, to put it mildly, unsuccessful!
5) The grid during the fight is too bright! It spoils the perception of the battle!
6) Drunk Balance!
7) Cartoon graphics, somehow not suitable for a series of Heroes!
8) The design of the creatures is sometimes unrealistic or funny.
9) A small number of cards and their not much originality.
10) The poppyness of castles, now we have many, many elves ... instead of other more original creatures.
11) Lack of a map editor!

Look like that's it!
----------------
Conclusion: Heroes of Might and Magic V are stripped-down Heroes III with better, but cartoonish graphics. Far from the best part in the series, devoid of both elements of Heroes IV and elements of Heroes III. Not fish - not meat! Made mostly for cassowaries, not fans of the series. There are too few new ideas and too many old ones.
True to expectations: 55%
Rating: 7.5 / 10

i
i3000 17.12.20

3D locks are of course beautiful, but only for the first few times then it strains 3D overflights and the concentration of all postorek is actually in the center of the screen, and they are almost indistinguishable from each other, so control is possible only with the help of icons on the panel of the

model of units on the battlefield, if they are too small if the larger 4- x cellular ones still look nothing, then the smallest unicellular ones are too small and in general the battlefield itself is reduced
relative to the entire screen it is not clear why a lot of free space is left around the edges of the

music and is straightforwardly nondescript in comparison with the past parts famous for the unique, atmospheric soundtrack

the design of the interface and the menu is depressing with a large number of windows filled with grayish color with standard True Type fonts that create the impression of some kind of alpha version

poor screensaver downloads made on the game engine

gem play nice

overall the game is good but not a masterpiece

A
A.Soldier of Light 17.12.20

As a matter of fact, all the positive and negative sides of Heroes 5 can be read in the topic Disappointment in Heroes V

V
Vereshch 17.12.20

People! why are you angry then?

Reduced number of locks! There are no barbarian and swamp castles, as well as an element castle.
- these castles were given to you.

Cut RPG elements: two slots for skills, a hero doll and a small amount of artifacts.
- 1. where are two? (who will say where the hero's level is written?) 2. The previous ones were also not so hot. 3. Are all companies passed?

The interface and controls are, to put it mildly, unfortunate!
- did not notice, in any case you get used to it everywhere.

The grid during combat is too bright! It spoils the perception of the battle!
- I didn't notice, maybe it's all about contrast (in any case, it harmoniously fits into the landscape)

Drunk balance!
- I agree. cavalry rules

Cartoon graphics, somehow not suitable for the Heroes series!
- well, the

models of units on the battlefield are not particularly cartoonish
- if the map is full screen (ala the third heroes) and the monitor is 19 '' - then everything is perfectly visible

wretched screensavers of downloads made on the game engine
- I agree. I thought it died with the third warkaft

in general, the game is good, but there is no way for a masterpiece
- you will see it WILL PULL HOW! let the current addon do

S
ShadoW.ax 17.12.20

The criticism about castles and creatures is, to put it mildly, strange. What did you want? 50 castles and 500 creatures? So it was already once, and did not lead to anything good.

There is practically no "garbage" in the game - spells, things, troops that are useless to anyone. And this is incredibly pleasing. Whoever played the first part tightly will understand. In relation to the third, the first characters look very empty, but there is nothing useless in them. The fifths do not look empty.

Balance. Well, there he is, albeit wretched. But in the third it was not at all. I do not mean the balance of troops (although here in the third Conflux distinguished itself, with 4 groups of troops 4-5 levels), I mean the balance in general.

Graphic arts. Very cool. To manage to cram so many small details into low-poly models is a must. Doesn't slow down at all, and at the same time looks beautiful. As for the "cartoonishness" - and what, in the third heroes of the 2D pictures were really serious?

Interface. It's a mess in its pure form, cache, you can't say otherwise. But ... who will rate the game by the interface when?

Multiplayer. Very well implemented. And the Ghost mode is generally happy.

In general: a large order of magnitude higher than the fourth part. A very worthy continuation of the series. Especially if the addon is sloppy.

PS: And the phrases "give me locks, give me centaurs, give me this and that" is a whining of pure water. Everything should be like in the third - a bunch of castles, some of which are frankly weaker than others, a bunch of skills that no one ever pumps, a bunch of useless spells, a bunch of artifacts that are collected only to be sold later for experience or rees, a bunch of troops that differ only 2 or 3 digits apart from each other?

C
Cheburashka 17.12.20

I took heroes on the humpback from 1c right now, I'm driving them to my point of view, and I advise everyone to super my sweeties :)

L
Lacc 17.12.20

Well, well :). Played. Appreciated. The game will probably give 5/5 points. But 5 this is not solid. Everything is fine. Only the programmers were smart, and the mini-map is not reliable on the map itself. The transition to 3D did not go without pain. . :(

But I criticize everything :)
The game is just super. I advise everyone to buy
And ... BUY A LICENSE !!! For such games it is worth supporting the developers !!!

PS: I bought a localized version. :(
I will not say that I am very pleased with the translation.
When you see the inscription after applying a positive spell (I do not remember the name) by a hero like Archers: Struck ... Somehow it becomes uncomfortable. :)

k
kiz16 17.12.20

YES, the game turned out to be just great in my opinion. I like it very much.

S
Stalker11 17.12.20

right now I'm playing, I can't get away, I'm not playing in a campaign, but in separate cards, because for me Heroes are first of all individual maps, not campaigns ........... The game is still very pleasant, the atmosphere is from 3 heroes have survived and this is very good, the battles have become more spectacular, the current does not like the FPS drawdown to indecent values ​​when using magic, the kid is annoying, and the fact that there is no generator of random cards, the animation is super, in general, while my rating is 5/5 (with taking into account that they will add a generator in the next patch / addition and fix these glitches with a drop in FPS ........ I rolled my lip yes .... hehe)

F
Fyodor Sumkin _1 17.12.20

The fight is like in 4, only added when hitting a video! It's not clear who hits, that's what the problem is ... The man does not blink almost at 3 blinks, but here, there is only a side drawing of who hits!

A
Alvin 17.12.20

2 i3000
In general, this is how it works: you click on the training center and there you can proabage those creatures that are sitting in the castle like this: militia -> archer -> swordsman. Further, in my opinion, it is impossible ... But instead of militias, archers (and we will upgrade them to crossbowmen) is cool ...

2 Korax_DC
Game without protection at all ... Rejoice ... Pirates in a basket ... The key for playing via the Internet is clear one stump per cork ...

h
haha your dead 17.12.20

I played very nravizzo. The battles have not changed much, but interesting nuances have appeared, which cannot but rejoice, for example, I liked that at the beginning of the battle, the griffin can be thrown into the sky, and then it will suddenly fall on the enemy, causing much more damage than with a normal attack + they will not be able to counterattack =)
About 30 minutes ago I went through a campaign for people, then niasilil.
Tomorrow I will pass for inferno =)

A
Alvin 17.12.20

And if, according to the impression of the game, it turned out to be not bad ... It would have been perhaps even wonderful if it did not bear the proud name of Heroes of Might and Magic ... But in comparison with the 3, which it was focused on, it clearly loses .. it would be possible to describe the advantages and disadvantages, but it is

already written about them in detail in the topic of disappointment in the heroes ... In general, the justification of the expectations of 50 cents ...
But you can play around ...

Z
ZaraZ 17.12.20

1) heroes ventriloquist, without opening their mouths in videos
2) 3D global map disorientates
3) You cannot view the characteristics of heroes when you select them in the "initial hero" menu
4) graphics on "very low", 1024x768, everything is off and graphics are at maximum,
except smoothing - I did not notice the difference
5) the camera at the entrance to the city for some reason starts to fly around it, if you do not press anything

In general, the game is cool, I want to go headlong into these pastoral landscapes and hellish castles

a
antonidos 17.12.20

In fact, they made a very good igruhu. And the positive and negative sides are very well combined.
Here's about the interface, of course, a jamb. Especially the fact that you need to separately view the characteristics of the hero to see the state of the army. But then there is an opportunity to remove unnecessary menus, zoom out and a good view of the entire area of ​​the game opens the screen and its nizya collapse)
And about the gameplay, it is quite suitable ... I personally was afraid that there would be a clone of Warcraft, that the atmosphere of the game would be lost ... but there is it .... I feel))))

A

"I liked the fact that early in the fight griffin can zapulnut in the sky, and then he suddenly overwhelm the enemy, causing much more damage than a general attack + it will not be able to counterattack =)"

- an incredibly useful ability, griffins rulnaya substance (use better against those who usually stand still, that is, magicians and archers). By the way, have you tried to play only with griffins in battle? ... 8))

A
Alvin 17.12.20

"... at the beginning of the battle, the griffin can be thrown into the sky, and then it will suddenly fall on the enemy ..."

Tell us how to do this please? Are only royal griffins capable of this, or are they not abbreviated too?

A

Only after the upgrade can griffins dive at the selected enemy unit (or any point on the battlefield).
This is the button with the knight's helmet icon, here is the screen

A
Alvin 17.12.20

And by the way, I completely agree about the interface ... Nakosyachili ... I tried for a long time to find a button for dividing the detachment into two ... I did not find it until I read in the manual that it was necessary to clamp the shift at this time ... And this is in a turn-based strategy ?! Yes, in strategies, in general, a keyboard, other than Escape, is by definition not needed ... Well, only if hotkeys ... Although they are not needed in turn-based strategies ... In general, the interface is inconvenient. Nivalovtsy nothing away from the canons of the previous parts ...
More terribly uncomfortable on the strategic map as you move farther to the right place to poke ... You have to zoom in ... Reminiscent of the blood magic of the first version ... there is also not possible to get anywhere was ...

2 A. Soldier
Thanks ... =)