3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
asketic.by 17.12.20 05:39 am

Game Impression (Heroes of Might and Magic 5)

Write your impressions of playing Heroes of Might & Magic 5! What did you like and what did not? How would you rate the new part of Heroes? In general, tell all this here.

PS Topic only for discussion of the game, any off-topic posts will be deleted.
173 Comments
Sort by:
M
Myp3uK.SPb 17.12.20

.................. (speechless) ...............
............ ...... (thought - where is the "wait" button?) .................
................. . (found, speechless) ...............

A
Akil-Sorcerer 17.12.20

And who said that all step-by-step strategies should be boring?
In HOMM3 it was 100 times more fun and INTERESTING to play for me than in the 5th;
I think many will agree with this, It's just that when a sequel to an old
favorite game comes out, you want it to be an order of magnitude higher than the old and all
other games of this genre, and if there are no competitors, it is
stupid to shout that the game is super , because there is nothing to compare it with. 3 heroes can be both
better ... I think this is a failure of the legendary game ... It's a pity.

M
Maximus_maxi 17.12.20

Cool toy !!!!!!! :) I ran over all the Heroes, I liked everything. But 5 is just a HIT OF THE SEASON !!!!!!! And people help to pass the 2nd campaign 3rd mission for the inferno. This went through without any problems, but then it turned out to be a BREAK !!! :( PPPPLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!

K
Krishal 17.12.20

Well, what can I say ... heroes 5 seemed to be wondering how an improved 3 part ... or not?
About the graphic part, we can say - it was successful, on the world map, even with a large distance from the camera, objects remain visible on the ground (who played 4 heroes at 1280x1024, will understand me). The only thing that greatly spoiled the view was the constantly swaying trees (chronic storm ??) and the castle of the dark elves on the surface - a kind of agromandic stalactite hanging in the air without any visible (even magical) support =).

The battlefield seems narrow, and if the distance between the two armies is well thought out, then from top to bottom it is clearly narrowed - it is sometimes extremely inconvenient to maneuver large creatures. To all those who do not like the role of the hero in the battle: Ave developers, finally, the hero acts not only and not so much as a fighter, with one wave of his hand clearing a couple of units from the map, but as a caster. And if you develop sorcery, then he will conjure more often;) For everyone who thinks the battle is boring - just do not put units before the battle that will not enter the battle anyway, at the same time, the gap will last you longer.

City Menu: Why are you so addicted to the city management system? The system of hiring and building is no worse than it was in the previous parts, only these actions were hung on the buttons. Previously, after all, they still clicked only on 2 buildings (+ market and tavern): either the town hall (for buildings) or the castle (for hiring). Maybe someone can explain to me what is the fundamental difference between these 0_o systems?

Gameplay itself: Even the XL card seems a little small, but with the hero moving (basic) short dashes, this is not so obvious. The problem is different: LITTLE ACTION. Eh, where are those 4 heroes in which in 1 move you could do much more than capture the mine, collect resources around it and walk a couple of steps along the path ...
On the positive side, this is AI. He can no longer be called an Artificial Idiot, at least in battles he showed himself from the best side, especially during a siege (How do you know castles in 4 parts?;) Well and so) And he acquires improved creatures of higher levels at the first opportunity, and not about a month for 3 games, as was often the case in previous parts, even at high difficulty levels (!)

Sound? To be honest, I can't estimate, because in almost all games I leave only voice acting, and turn off the music and put something in winamp, and in general, whoever doesn't like it, replace the musical accompaniment with files from 3 parts, just rename them to the files corresponding to them 5 Isn't it a simple solution to the problem? ;)

Bottom line: The craft is of high quality, brought to mind right away, without any patches and fixes, with an imposed balance, a good plot, but .... nothing new! There is nothing superfluous and unnecessary in it, but also nothing previously unseen in heroes, too! We can only hope for new cards and the appearance of something that will breathe new life into the old heroes ...

S
Siddhartha [Maitreya] 17.12.20

heroes5 the game is good, but in my opinion it is worse than heroes 3 and better than heroes 4 I
completely agree with Nightwish, with his review.
for me, so 3 is a cult game, 4 is just a weak shadow 3, but 5 is just a step from 4 to 3, this is a purely commercial project designed to please both ...
in principle, the fifth heroes can be tweaked with patches and updates, but reaching them up to the level of 3 heroes is unrealistic.
Newbies seem to like heroes 5, fans of heroes with experience are not very much (it's understandable), at least it's better than nothing ...

K
KalyaN 17.12.20

At the expense of newcomers ... I
started to grumble with the second heroes many, many years ago (I just don't remember exactly what year).
It took me a very long time to get into the "three", and to this day I continue, but the fifth heroes IMHO rule.

A
Akil-Sorcerer 17.12.20

As for the tactical basis and the Artificial Idiot, yes, he is cooler than in the old
heroes, but for comparison, play dul on the Internet ...
Here they correctly noticed that the actions were cut during the turn, and it’s even strange
if this game about HEROES should somehow be distinguished by mind; in the
Academy, they are all the same on funny elephants, and in general from the
Cool Academy of Mages (HOMM3) they made the Society of the Wealthy Sheikhs and
Talibs they lack a current of vravvatka, Women and men Heroes are also the same
in appearance, in Inferno like a breakthrough they seem to have 3 skins of heroes. .. Yeah ...
And if everything is so cool in the game and with a balance, then what for to release a patch in
40MB !!! (read the list of changes in the patch and you will understand everything yourself). And also
people for some reason wildly want to see a new addon and the game just came out ...

P
Platinum7 17.12.20

Few creatures and heroes of the same appearance

b
beginner 17.12.20

That passed the game today, the ending DID NOT LIKE (a small video at the end), judging by the ending WILL BE CONTINUED. I really wanted to leave my feedback about this game, but everything has already been said. I will only note ONE, it's a pity that the castles have changed so much, I'm used to the rest of the changes during the game. And in general, in the third heroes, I LOVED to play for the BOLOT and for the BARBARS. These two races were purely WARS, they didn't really need magic.

Y
Young stranger 17.12.20

In general, the game turned out to be good. It tightens up. And the music is normal! I don't understand who doesn't like it. BUT there are several drawbacks that are terribly annoying:
1. You cannot go to the menu during the battle (Stupidity !!!)
2. The hero runs through the walls (fountains!)
3. The hero was removed as a unit (Why ask the questioner! ??)
4. Removed a lot of creatures (Bastards!)
5. And added incomprehensible ones (elf swordsmen - AAA HA-HA-HA !!)

N
Nekosama 17.12.20

I was pissed off by the limited experience. Some cards are only half opened, even the monsters to the fig - to swing and swing - and the level no longer rises. Irritating.

N
Nekosama 17.12.20

In any case, this is the case in the campaign.

A
A.Soldier of Light 17.12.20

I agree, I have had this more than once, when on the map for neutrals I could gain three more levels (crowds and hordes of 5,6,7 levels of creatures), and the experience is limited. It is still necessary to do the campaign so that the limit is reached only by the end of the map, 90% approximately

K
Krishal 17.12.20

In vain in the forest castle they made a dragon supermonster .... fiery chickens (phoenix) :)) would look better, otherwise in a game in 3 castles there are dragons, some kind of brute force, IMHO, for part 5 ...

h
haha your dead 17.12.20

Yes lan, all chiki-bunches;)

G
GoRRinich 17.12.20

= , damp, very damp, painfully boring and slow, a lot of jambs and flaws. The speed of movement of the rat on the map frankly enrages, I want to break something. A huge loss of information content, neither you look at the parameters of the hero, nor the army, you need to open something, but there you will already find it ... The cards are very tiny, but they will swap! It is not so easy to find out the initial characteristics of units, you need to look at the parameters of the hero, and then subtract them from the parameter of the units. (than the brackets did not suit it is not clear) What kind of magic hangs on the unit is also extremely difficult to find out. Arrows just do not understand creatures, everyone has myopia, until they begin to breathe in the face with a straight arrow. The size of the field is quiet horror, was it difficult to make a standard size and not change it? We bought ourselves, say, 50 crossbows and sent them to fight point-blank, crossbowmen they are point-blank! Skipping the move is also incomprehensible .. Now about the speed, just do some sort of lol, some athletes in the army, even zombies run as if they were running. With zaklyami some kind of tension, or it seems to me there are not enough of them ...
In general, we are waiting for Adonna, we will hope that they will fix it ...

A
A.Soldier of Light 17.12.20

here you need not just an addon, but a solid modification ...

Arrows just do not understand creatures, everyone has myopia, until they start to breathe in the face with a straight arrow.
- noticed this at the beginning of the first campaign. It is necessary for the enemy to come very close for full damage :(

G
GoRRinich 17.12.20

I almost forgot :), I was looking for 10 minutes how to divide the detachment ... This is so that the enemies would not guess for sure ...

A
Akil-Sorcerer 17.12.20

Something seems to me here and the addon will not help ...
Read the interviews of the developers, and their correspondence with the fans who
advise sensible things and the developed ones to crumple and say: "Well, yes, it will have to be done",
well, maybe this is an addon by the 10th. ..

d
dimaXIII 17.12.20

Heroes 5 = Heroes 3 + 3D - several castles
In heroes 5 I would like to see 3-5 more castles and 100 more monsters! I think there is nothing more to find fault with!