3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vitemk 20.12.20 04:58 am

Are the settlers eating? (Fallout 4)

Despite the rather stupid title of the topic. The question is still interesting (at least to me).

While completing the mission on shelter 88, along the way, he shot the bogs and collected meat and eggs from them. Came to the shelter, cooked meat and fried an omelet. He took off the SB, so as not to squeeze the batteries, and so that there was no overload, he threw everything unnecessary into the workshop inventory, incl. and prepared swamp food. I spent a couple of playing days in the shelter. And then he got ready to leave. I go to the workshop and see - there is trash, but there is no food!

Is it that the settlers ate it or just a bug?
66 Comments
Sort by:
S
Stoic 20.12.20

vitemk
yes, they eat food from the workshop))
And if it's good, their happiness increases))

v
vitemk 20.12.20

:(
Now you have to put it in a separate cabinet. I hope it won't get in there.

G
Gur1 20.12.20

Soprut.

T
Technic82 20.12.20

vitemk
The door on the locker is locked ("lock 100" in the console) you look and will not eat it =)))

N
Nighthawkreal 20.12.20

Stoic
Yeah, they have another snack :)

A
ArXangel_ann 20.12.20

They all scurry - food, weapons, and armor sometimes. They don't even want to shoot silovukha))))) They even get to the closed boxes, they are still pickpockets
No, well, it's logical. Gather homeless people from all over the neighborhood, don't even ask for a passport and expect them to behave themselves? XD

P
Pepin3d 20.12.20

vitemk wrote:
fried an omelet
apparently homeless people love omelet)

v
vitemk 20.12.20

Technic82
The console is of course a thing. Here are just the "Survival" mode, and there the console is not active.

T
TTG 20.12.20

I left the whole haver in the crafted cooler. Nothing is lost.

A
Abbat76 20.12.20

Moreover, if you make a dining room for them in Vault 88, then they will eat there, sit down at a table and crack from a plate.

t
tchuzhy 20.12.20

Yes. I try to put everything from "help" into the created cooler. And I take out the batteries from the SB. Basically. in the workshop there is always surplus of any food, mutafruits in general, several hundred. And there is enough purified water.

t
tchuzhy 20.12.20

Abbat76
I always put a table with chairs, sofas near the food store - settlers always gather there in the evening.

A
Abbat76 20.12.20

tchuzhy
I made a civil dining room for them. but apart from a machine with quest soda and a beautiful setting, there is nothing for cooking food. So, nevertheless, they come there and eat there)) Like educated people)) Looks like they bring with them from the workshop what farmers from underground "hydroponics" put there))

I think their behavior is spelled out by room-zones that they need to do in them.

It's another matter that I've already broken my head, but I can't figure out how to lure settlers with children into the shelter, because there is a children's room in the design set, and I built it in Vault 88 ... Why was it put into the game?

t
tchuzhy 20.12.20

Abbat76
There are few children in the game at all. Mostly - or synths, or ghosts. Since the settlements can be attacked, and with the last addition, a meat grinder at all, then the possible death of children goes against the policy of Bethesda. And there is no sex in the game. Present.

P
Pepin3d 20.12.20

Abbat76 wrote:
yes, nothing is particularly spelled out
there, the main priorities are to walk around the entire location and wipe all the existing seats with your ass,
and then, on low priorities, knock on machines with a hammer and other nonsense

A
Abbat76 20.12.20

Pepin3d
in Vault 88, no settler knocks with a hammer. They also do not scrub all chairs with their asses. I have a bunch of chairs in the dining room, but the settlers only sit there to eat twice a day, and in an army style. quickly (as it seemed to me on the example of those faces that I was able to identify while experimenting with interiors).

A
Abbat76 20.12.20

tchuzhy by the
way yes. that would be a joke if Piper's sister turned out to be a synth)) Piper would have gone crazy at the moment)))

P
Pepin3d 20.12.20

Abbat76
well, so they work for you,
wean them from any business and look at the behavior of AI,
all the chairs will wipe

A
Abbat76 20.12.20

Pepin3d is
not everything. I have no tasks for everyone. three or four loafers all the time. It is a pity to send them on defense, their super mutant elders will tear them into strips. This is the case for Deacon, Ada, Cosward and a couple of license plates. These bums hang out on the roof of the shelter all the time. Especially for this ability of theirs, I made an exit from the shelter into a cave above the place where they stick out, fenced off a site there and they sort of "walk". But in reality - they just stamp there and that's it.

A
Angelica04 20.12.20

Live separately from all the problems. I am at the station Oberland Station, I have arranged the house, it is convenient to run (I also play on survival) to throw off goods before it. She killed two homeless people there, both fools did not want to move, they are to blame.