3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vitemk 20.12.20 04:58 am

Are the settlers eating? (Fallout 4)

Despite the rather stupid title of the topic. The question is still interesting (at least to me).

While completing the mission on shelter 88, along the way, he shot the bogs and collected meat and eggs from them. Came to the shelter, cooked meat and fried an omelet. He took off the SB, so as not to squeeze the batteries, and so that there was no overload, he threw everything unnecessary into the workshop inventory, incl. and prepared swamp food. I spent a couple of playing days in the shelter. And then he got ready to leave. I go to the workshop and see - there is trash, but there is no food!

Is it that the settlers ate it or just a bug?
66 Comments
Sort by:
I
Ioannn 20.12.20

Still interesting are shops such as a bar - a restaurant or a pharmacy - surgery differ only in level / name or are there any other differences?
And for example, there are a lot of beds in the settlement, the settlers themselves choose where to sleep ... is there a difference if they are assigned a bed for each or you can leave it as it is, so that they (the settlers) themselves choose where to sleep?

P
Pepin3d 20.12.20

Ioannn
I do not sell through new stores,
maybe because I did not go through this DLC with a shelter,

stores and other garbage differ in the level of happiness (well, also in what they sell and how many lids)
the restaurant has the biggest bonus = 40 happiness
on the bed, hammer it there without the main difference is that the roof is

I
Ioannn 20.12.20

Pepin3d wrote:
maybe because I didn’t go through this DLC with the hideout
I also didn’t go through yet.

P
Pepin3d 20.12.20

Ioannn
well i xs then

B
BlackTigerTK 20.12.20

Ioannn
Some settlements where there were "pre-installed" beds have problems with them. Settlers cannot distribute themselves. And they will complain about bed problems. Moreover, these "pre-installed", as a rule, cannot be removed without mods. This is where "manual" distribution helps.

I
Ioannn 20.12.20

BlackTigerTK wrote:
This is where "manual" distribution helps.
Well, this, as I understand it, is a bug ?! But what is the real reason for the distribution of settlers on beds))?

P
Pepin3d 20.12.20

Ioannn
there is no reason there,
maybe the developers wanted the bums not to occupy your bed,
but the bums don't give a fuck, because they have a very stupid artificial intelligence and they occupy beds that are easier and faster to reach

B
BlackTigerTK 20.12.20

Ioannn
In fact, yes. And you can get around either by distributing the handles of those who cannot automatically. Or delete the pre-installed ones and craft your own.
Pepin3d
Yes. Lured on my bed to go to bed! :-) Even a closed door does not always save! Therefore, if I see that someone was sleeping there, I delete and create a new one :-)

P
Pepin3d 20.12.20

BlackTigerTK has
installed this mod and nobody else lies on my bed
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7399/?

B
BlackTigerTK 20.12.20

Pepin3d
My main base is the Mechanist's lair. There is no one but me, Piper, Ada, Curie as a partner and two robots. And in other settlements I don't sleep so often to put another mod for this :-) I already have enough of them.

P
Pepin3d 20.12.20

BlackTigerTK
don’t know how anyone, but I’m not sleeping in order to sleep,
but for the engine to update the world during sleep and the homeless settlers don’t blunt their poor AI
after sleep, more or less everything falls into place

B
BlackTigerTK 20.12.20

Pepin3d
Duc and I periodically resort to such a maneuver, especially when you update something in the mods - be sure to sleep for 24 hours or even more.

A
Abbat76 20.12.20

Pepin3d a
similar question and about the raiders, a
proof or a link is it possible?
If we talk with Schenck about what the raiders need, then in the conversation he says: you need them to have food. This requires that they be supplied by enslaved settlements. And if their food is not enough, then you can throw them food directly into the workshop - they themselves will take from there. In the context of his conversation with Schenck, his answer concerns what it takes to keep the raiders happy.
And yet yes - a variety of food very quickly increases the satisfaction of the settlers. But I cannot raise the level of happiness above 80%.

P
Pepin3d 20.12.20

Abbat76
up to 80% any vegetables will increase happiness, and above 80%, other factors already influence
the rate of increase in happiness due to complex food, I don’t know, I haven’t tested it,
and this extra hemorrhoid is useless.

I
Ioannn 20.12.20

And who can say at the expense of what or who appears in the workshops dirty water? She is needed for cooking soups, because in survival it decides!

B
BlackTigerTK 20.12.20

Ioannn
Dirty water does not appear in workshops. Moreover, if you throw dirty water there from the inventory, it disappears. And it's very easy to get dirty water - we take an empty bottle and go to any puddle, river. Hover the mouse cursor over the water surface - the inscription E - to drink, R - to pour into the bottle appears. We press R - and one portion of dirty water appears in the inventory. And so on until the bottles run out :-)

I
Ioannn 20.12.20

BlackTigerTK
I know that! But what about does not appear, I'm not sure. Although now I thought, maybe I accidentally threw dirty water into the workshop. Need to check!
In any case, thanks for the answer!
Another question, does it make sense to put several garbage collection stations?

P
Pepin3d 20.12.20

Ioannn
accidentally threw it off, apparently
in the workshop, except for rotten vegetables and lids, nothing else is stored))

G
Gur1 20.12.20

Ioannn wrote:
Another question, does it make sense to put multiple garbage collection stations?
Spoiler
Answer as in that video. Whether it makes sense or not, decide for yourself.

I
Ioannn 20.12.20

Gur1 wrote:
I saw this vidos. Fig knows, maybe he had arrived from these stations as from one).