3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
ReDoX 20.12.20 05:14 am

Technical Issues (Scarface: The World Is Yours)

All technical questions are asked here ...
137 Comments
Sort by:
M
MAg 20.12.20

and put the patch?

R
ReDoX 20.12.20

Problem in Scarface: the game runs without sound (only intro with sound)

Most likely a pirate glitch, or simply cut out the music from the game, try to rearrange the game or take the DVD = version (if you have a CD), put fresh drivers on the sound card.

b
berk1 20.12.20

Found a solution on the internet. It is necessary in the "System Information" in the "Tools" menu, select "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" and set the engine to basic hardware acceleration of sound or (as in my case) disable acceleration.
And the drivers for SB Live! 5.1 have not been updated for a long time. Alas.

s
synclair 20.12.20

Who can thread a snapshot of the game directory? ))) It seems to me that some game files should be located in some kind of folders inside the directory with the game)) so it may not start for me. I have the files cement.rcf, movies.rcf, sound1.rcf, sound2.rcf in the same place as scarface.exe

C
Crocodildo 20.12.20

This is as it should be .... All files in one folder ....

s
synclair 20.12.20

Damn, then I don't understand why both the patched executable (does not require a disk) and the original executable give an error (((it feels like the program does not see rcf files at all, because I generally tried to remove them from the directory with the game, the error is the same, the main infection does not provide more detailed information about the reason for departure

R
ReDoX 20.12.20

Did this happen after installing patch 1.1?

s
synclair 20.12.20

No, I have a version of the original scarface.exe 1.0.0.1, and the same version of the 15-meter executable (no dvd), what I wrote above "patched" is meaningfully cracked from checking the disk in the drive. Both the English and Russian versions take off, the reason for the error is simply scarface.exe, like no library is to blame for the crash

s
synclair 20.12.20

Try to move the rcf files somewhere else))) what will the game give out after launch?))

s
synclair 20.12.20

play
binkw32.dll
msvcr71.dll
ogg.dll
vorbis.dll
vorbisenc.dll
vorbisfile.dll
Scarface.exe
UnRAR.exe
UNWISE.EXE
INSTALL.LOG
Scarface.exe.new
cement.rcf
movies.rcf
sound1.rcf
sound2.rcf
EULA .rtf
ReadMe.txt
register.url
scarface.url
sierra.url

I have it))) in the play directory - the image of the game. Maybe some other files are missing?

g
gsr2006 20.12.20

I have a problem like synclair. Does anyone know how to solve?

R
ReDoX 20.12.20

Try to look at various RAR archives on the disk, because a crooked installer is quite possible, which does not extract all the necessary files (this was the case with the CD-version of NFS MW, in which the soundtrack had to be extracted from the archive separately).

a
aleksandrov 20.12.20

Hello everyone! I have such a problem. When the game starts, the resolution changes, which the monitor does not support. I have a maximum of 1024x768 at 85 Hz. At lower Hz it also holds 1280x1024. Vidyuha GeForce 6600 GT.
Who knows what can be done about it? Thank you in advance!

R
ReDoX 20.12.20

In short, try before entering the game, first lower the resolution in Windows on the desktop, then launch the game, and there, if it first sets the same resolution as on your desktop and starts accordingly, change the graphics settings in the menu to the permission you need.

a
aleksandrov 20.12.20

tried it already! the game still starts with its own resolution. maybe there is an opportunity to hack this business from the outside ... well, for example, maybe you can change something in some file ...

R
ReDoX 20.12.20

Hmm ... Then I advise you to go to the main ini-file of the game and watch it, maybe there is a line with permission, put it on the right one and save the file, and then try to grab the game.

v
vorob 20.12.20

People, the game is going well from 40fps, but sometimes the car starts to twitch nedetski at sharp turns as if it is some kind of video in which there are not enough frames, well, it turns in jerks. What the hell is this?

R
ReDoX 20.12.20

Most likely this cannot be solved in any way, since There are such moments on any PC configurations, it's just that the game either "slows down", or the engines of such a curve, I had a similar moment at high speeds in GTA SA, so it's better to put up with it, unfortunately = (

v
vorob 20.12.20

That's what (3MB) http://vorob2.nm.ru/toforums/scar_agk.avi

M
MAg 20.12.20

I have introductory videos .. some ... well ... in pixels chtoli.