3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
Jorgen Vitalsen 23.12.20 01:01 am

(Spoilers) Battle with the Gray Wardens at Adamant Fortress (Dragon Age: Inquisition)

Has anyone already completed the game? In the battle with the Gray Guardians in the Adamant fortress, our hero, along with Hawke and one of the Guardians, fall into the Shadow. In the end, you have to choose: who will remain to cover the retreat. It is written that "most likely" this character will die, but not 100%. Knowing Hawke, I think that he will probably somehow get out, but the guard is unlikely to appear already. But if Hawke does not survive, then he does not want to sacrifice him. Does anyone know for sure what will happen to him next?
67 Comments
Sort by:
f
febll 23.12.20

Choose What You Want Most of the choices in Dragon Age: Inquisition are arbitrary and have little impact.

W
WarPit74 23.12.20

At the first passage left in the Shadow of Straug. Hawke left and never returned. (Glory to me)
Left Hawk at the second. Straug became the head of the Gray Wardens, which, in turn, obey me (Glory to me)
Did not notice the difference in choice.

K
Kodval 23.12.20

"I wanted to choose Stroud, but then somewhere I found that if you choose Stroud, then Hawke will remain alive and all the glory will go to him .. really?
Also, even if Hawke is left alive, in future missions he will be a traitor or someone else and you need to choose to kill or exile. But then if you kill him Varric will leave. "

Left Hawke as I could not bring myself to kill the character, whom I lost the entire last part and who was sympathetic to me as a person, so I left him alive and killed the gray guard
I did not know ) Hawk, after leaving the shadows, he just went to report information about the guards in Weishaupt, all glory to me )
And of course, he did not turn out to be any traitor in the future, he was not even really remembered at all)

K
Kosolapyi1 23.12.20

If I had such a choice, without thinking, I would leave in the shadow of Stroud. So I, the infection, had a choice between Hawke and Loghain. Hawk GG and I "lifted" him to his feet. And Loghain just impresses me from the first part. So choose)

K
Killmen712 23.12.20

Kosolapyi1
Logain KoZel choose Hawk)))

p
palading21 23.12.20

Kosolapyi1 I had
exactly the same choice. Left Hawke in the shadow, even though there were more dramas later in the conversation with Varrick. Yes, and Loghain just felt sorry for something - he went through a lot, and let him live still.

A
Angelica04 23.12.20

in the end, they say that the guard will still disappear in the order of civil strife. About them, there will most likely be an addition, or even that there is a hint of it.

G
Gol_D_Roger 23.12.20

Kosolapyi1
I agree with you, I had a choice between Alistair and Hawke, I sat for 2 hours and did not know who to choose.

L
Leviokka 23.12.20

Hawke could not kill, how can you dup your own character? Noooooo, it won't. She threw Stroud, although he saved Bethany in his time, nevertheless, he wanted to be a hero - he became one. Even if Hawk had taken all the fame, what is it to me) My character is all the same, beloved: D how would there be Fenris alone, and Varric? No and no.

v
vanrem 23.12.20

The choice in the shadows between the characters is obvious:
1) Hawk - Stroud.
Stroud remains, still Hawk is closer
2) Hawk - Loghain.
Net settlement. Loghain is no longer young, pretty soon the real Call will pass) And then, death in the shadows with Loghain's cry: "For the Gray Guardians!" looks very strong.
3) Hawk-Alistair, who has an affair with the GF.
Here we leave Hawke with 100% certainty. Ala is waiting for the GF (he still talks about her so romantically, and the GF, in turn, drives the scribe Inka, they say, “Take care of my Al.” And Hawke? Only Varrick is waiting for Hawk ... Knowing the Defender, the demon will still regret that he remained in the shadows.

m
maxioMaster 23.12.20

who is Stroud and who is Hawk?

this comparison of x, igrika and an unknown variable with a finger, it’s

completely incomprehensible where it came from, got lost in Kirkwall, probably, as on deep paths in one of my versions of the script
SpoilerHawk threatened him that if he didn’t take Bethany to the Gray Wardens. ... ... "Hawk will make a griffin out of him and send him to Anderfels to nest"

Hawk is the real leader and champion of not only Kirkwall, but himself in the first place, Varric actually loves Hawke (figuratively) for this reason, he
spoiled Cassandra just to protect him (her ) from people like her, because his (her) templars have gotten tired of it, and the seekers will start to

screw up
Spoiler: I agree with you, I had a choice between Alistair and Hawke, I sat for 2 hours did not know who to choose.
and why is he here?

Alistr - Teirin, Anora was right when she said that the ruler was from him. ... ... so they together and should rule in DAI and not separately, you at least follow the plot a little bit, Ferelden united Calenhad - the Silver Knight, if Ferelden is not ruled by Teirin, the Orlesians will come again and arrange a masquerade, King Maric proved to Orlais that this land they do not own, not without the participation of Loghain, of course an

interesting version of Loghain,
Spoilerno in DAO you cannot make him a Gray Guardian and Alistair king, as far as I know, although Loghain is a military commander - a real cant, he is not a leader and he cannot become a second Kalenhad practice in the regency proved

this
Spoiler: Will there also be a choice to dismiss the gray guards, or should it remain what to choose?
The Gray Wardens must be expelled from Orlais by the Inquisitor for trying to Create a Heretical Celebration, and there is no need to prove that Corithius allegedly influenced them, Blackwall knows a way, ask him. ... ... it will be very interesting

A
Angelica04 23.12.20

maxioMaster
After meeting with her sister, Alistair should say that everyone on their own is growing up. Then there will be an option to make the king together with the anora, and leave Loghain to live. Alistair will take offense and leave the guards and sulk at the hero.

m
maxioMaster 23.12.20

Elsa ..
at the Assembly of Lands, he can be made king together with Anora only with good relations with him, there the quest must be completed, talk (persuade) Anora and Alistor to fall in love with each other, Alistr will not agree to accept Loghain as the Gray Guardians, or I don’t know how to do this, Loghain must be
spoiled by the main character, otherwise Anor will be offended by Alistor and will not want to rule with him

R
Runaa 23.12.20

maxioMaster
There, if Alistair is kind, he will freak out and leave altogether if you leave Loghain alive, but with tightening, this option is just possible.

g
gildemar 23.12.20

And Loghain was close to me, which is why I did not execute him in the first part, but identified him as a guard. Left Hawke to cover the retreat, I hope he survives.

K
Kosolapyi1 23.12.20

haffi
By the way, how does Varric react if Hawke is left in the Shadow?
If the question is still relevant:
Spoiler After emerging from the shadows, Varrick comes in and says in a raised tone "Where is Hawke? WHERE IS HAWKE?" Then the Inquisitor answers with one of three options. Then Varric cries and leaves.

v
v.ok 23.12.20

Hawke is not allowed)))) he stsuko became a family ... even I would say part

H
HARDGAMEPLAY 23.12.20

Angelica 1999
well, it's all the same gray guards, if you went through the first part, then it's strange that you ask yourself such a question, they are selfless guys, of course they have almost unlimited power with their right to call and contracts, but do not forget that they have never abused their power because of what the people love and respect them, of course the Coryphaeus patted them well, but it's so easy to get rid of the guards ... well, I don’t know somehow it’s unfair, here Cole and Solas were completely against the fact that I kept the order guards, but even I still don't want to change my choice, not for that my guard sacrificed himself, so that later some inquisitor would dissolve his order and expel)))

H
HARDGAMEPLAY 23.12.20

Kosolapyi1
damn, I also regretted that I didn’t take Varric with me, I don’t even know why I didn’t, I took Blackwall instead, they say he’s a gray guard, he can react in some interesting way, but nifiga, if something hasn’t passed yet, then you’d better take Varric

A
Angelica04 23.12.20

HARDGAMEPLAY
Sofia, being absolutely sane, intervened in the civil war. Although one of the main principles of the gray guards is neutrality. So this is not the first joint of the order. In the Weishaupt fortress, too, at the end of the game, they said that something was going wrong, and that the `` noble '' order would soon deliver next problems. By the way, like the supplement next to the owner of the Weishaupt fortress, read the biovar on the forum.