3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
seva34 30.12.20 01:30 am

Choice of processor. Budget 25 k.

I want to change my old i5 to a seven.
Ps I now have 3470
Video-gtx 970
16 gb of RAM.

I
am considering options like: I7 6700 K or 4790K
Well, 5 series
5820x They
also say that it is not a bad stone.

Please advise what you take for a given budget.
I will be glad to any solutions.
Thanks in advance for your help)
67 Comments
Sort by:
s
sneg_tir 30.12.20

seva34 Are you
planning to overclock?

s
seva34 30.12.20

sneg_tir
I would not mind overclocking, I'm not a geek, but still

s
seva34 30.12.20

By the way, the skylake line requires a new socket, so without replacing the mother in any way

s
sneg_tir 30.12.20

seva34 wrote:
It's easier to score, because the motherboard will probably have to be changed - the budget will grow by 1.5-2 times.
And spending 25k for hypertrading is not entirely reasonable.

s
seva34 30.12.20

sneg_tir
What would you advise then?

s
seva34 30.12.20

It's just that if you take my mother, I wouldn't spend too much, in the region of 8 k I would take everything.

M
MunchkiN 616 30.12.20

here the current is probably u7 4xxx to take and probably it will be the entire budget.
in the case of 5xxx and 4xxx, the memory will also have to be changed.

s
sneg_tir 30.12.20

seva34
Sit on the current hardware and do not steam.

v
vadim chapaew 30.12.20

I don't see any reason to change the awl for soap!

S
SPR1GGAN 30.12.20

and what does not suit i5?
I also have about the same iron only percent i5-3550, all games go to ultra-high, as they wrote above, there is no sense in changing the awl to soap.
If the mother allows, you can just overclock the percentage.

K
Kraicher 30.12.20

Naturally I7 6700 K. Process technology 14 nm. And this is a colder percentage. True, the motherboard will have to be changed, but you can also buy an inexpensive one. And preferably DDR 4 memory. But to walk like that. You will feel like a man. And it would be nice to update the vidyuhu, at least to GTX 1070. And you will be happy for 6-8 years, or maybe 10 years

Spoiler The i7 6700k processor is the latest Intel processors. "It replaces the highly successful i7-4790k and will receive the crown as the fastest mainstream consumer processor available. Comparison of performance and specifications between the 4790k and 6700k processor shows that the configuration as a whole has not changed (those the same clock base, rods, threads), but also an improvement in the manufacturing process (14 nm) brings a slight decrease in TDP and productivity by 8%; almost exactly the same jump as between the Ivy Bridge 3770k in Russia and Haswell 4770K. Owners of any unlocked- to Intel processor from sand bridge onwards there is still no real reason, such as efficiency gains are largely academic, but with the i7 the 6700k processor will be the processor for the vast majority

E
Energy death 30.12.20

seva34 wrote:
I want to change my old i5-th for a seven.
and what does i5 not suit you?
> Processor selection. Budget
There are no budgetary procs for 25k, read what this word means) for that kind of money, top prots of the 5th generation are sold. Doesn't such a jerk bother you? from three rubles to five, that this should happen that you need to run and take the 5th generation, now the five is nothing more than show-off.
you with the already old 970th vidyashka want to take a percentage that will not work even at half its capacity due to the fact that at the moment there are no programs capable of loading it.
what's wrong with the 4th generation i5? I have such a percentage, it works fine, the load is usually% 60, which is quite normal. take it with the K index if you so want, overclocking the process can add up to 30% of the power, skillfully of course, not skillfully% 15-20 .. Although talking about the lack of processor power at the present time generally sounds like nonsense, and will be so for a long time, because now the emphasis is solely on graphics hardware. even the 4th generation is enough for you to unleash the potential of 1080p vidyashki with interest. (in 3-4 years you can buy a new percentage, replacing the old one and both of them in the compartment will come out cheaper than what you want now, and believe me, you won't notice the difference.

S
Shock Burst 30.12.20

Take i7-6700k

G
Givemethedust 30.12.20

Energy Death wrote:
I have not seen any game that would have loaded it by at least 60%.
Releases this and last year did not launch or what?

n
nibler99 30.12.20

Givemethedust
If the system is assembled normally, then why not?) Ddr4 + fifth generation processor, motherboard to match, a normal video card with a good math block, ssd, and a kilowatt power supply. Everything should be smooth on high, maybe even on ultra. Half of the games sit on the video card, depending on the architecture of the engine :)

G
Givemethedust 30.12.20

nibler99
i5 4th generation?

E
Energy death 30.12.20

Givemethedust
ran, and? all games are focused on the hardware of the new generation consoles, which is inferior to the PC hardware by a generation or even 2, hence the conclusion that the nearest games themselves cannot be more demanding than the current ones, they can be buggy, unoptimized, contain a bunch of errors, but not may require better hardware than they can afford.
for this there are a lot of forums, just iron such as titans and new prots are created with the expectation of fools who are happy to lay out money for the sake of new items.

if a person complains that his game does not work stably, does not mean that he has iron shit, maybe his hands are just crooked?

E
Energy death 30.12.20

nibler99 wrote:
Everything should be smooth on high, maybe even on ultra.
all this works fine on the 4th generation.

G
Givemethedust 30.12.20

Energy Death
Energy Death wrote:
launched, and? all games are focused on the hardware of the new generation consoles, which is inferior to the PC hardware by a generation or even 2, hence the conclusion that the nearest games themselves cannot be more demanding than the current ones, they can be buggy, unoptimized, contain a bunch of errors, but not may require better hardware than they can afford.
It's all water and chatter. Games are not demanding with console settings. But if you set normal settings, then the load percents increases. In almost all new releases with a more or less good graphon, the load on the percent is normal and for FPS more than 30, 60% is definitely not enough if you do not drive the percent

E
Energy death 30.12.20

Givemethedust
tell me at least 5 games that require a percentage higher than mine?

> In almost all new releases with more or less good graphon, the load on the percent is normal and for FPS more than 30
what kind of nonsense? where does fps and percent?
the graphics chip is responsible for this, the CPU is solely responsible for drawing the object model, and working with the RAM. GPUs have long surpassed CPUs in power at times, in this regard, the main function for graphics work is given to them.