3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
drobilka 05.01.21 11:29 pm

Graphics settings that are better off (Fallout 4)

Everyone knows that in big cities, FPS on most computers sags just to unplayable, so I decided to take the time to find the very setting that is best not to use at all.
And I came to the conclusion that this is the distance for drawing shadows. I do not know what the problem is, but it is by lowering this setting that the dips in the FPS disappear. The rest of the settings do not significantly affect these dips.
This is how it looks in my case.
My bundle is i5 4440 + gtx 970

ps (December 14). found a test comparing two processors in this game. i5 3rd generation vs i7 5th.

either the game needs streams or cache. and maybe it's even in the ozu.
124 Comments
Sort by:
B
Bard Buttercup 05.01.21

drobilka
As far as I know, setting the sun's rays eats away FPS without hesitation. Even more than shadows. I have shadows at high, sun rays at medium, everything else (well, almost everything) at ultra. 45-55 fps. In Diamond City, I don't know. I haven't got it yet. But I don't think it will be below 40

K
Karikaturra 05.01.21

In cities, more or less, but in some buildings where there is smoke, it's just an ass.

M
Mercurionio 05.01.21

Cut out the sun's rays to hell and set the shadow ranges to medium. You can also set the textures to medium, there is no difference early.

d
drobilka 05.01.21

Bard Buttercup

I'll tell you this, I turned all the sliders to ultra, and just found a place where this drawdown was stable for me, and began to turn off one setting at a time, overloading the game. In all cases, disabling any setting had no effect. Fps rose only after turning off rendering of shadow range.
Disabling the sun's rays also did not affect this drawdown. I don’t understand where this myth with sunbeams comes from. you can minus prove and argue, but this is a fact. Anyway, on my config. What is ultra, what is low - there is no difference in the drawdown, as long as the distance for drawing shadows is turned on.
Get to the diamond city first, check, make sure, and then say something, otherwise there are experts here, just to write something.

A
Andrey Miroshkin 05.01.21

I don’t understand at all what you are running around with these settings. With my configuration (processor - AMD Phenom 2 x4 970; motherboard - MSI 760GMA-P34 / FX; 8 GB of RAM; video card - Palit GeForce GTX 660) the new Fallaut runs very fast. And I have never seen any freezes not in cities, not in the Wasteland!

d
drobilka 05.01.21

Andrey Miroshkin
at low settings 600x400

A

drobilka
FullHD 1920x1080

d
drobilka 05.01.21

Andrey Miroshkin

Oh, okay, I know you are pontoviks with 660s, everything always flies to ultra in 4k ... Full Internet of you)

A

drobilka
Well, if so, then just envy.

B
Bard Buttercup 05.01.21

drobilka
Hz, I don’t see your video, what are you setting there (thanks to the PG player). If you are talking about the graphics settings that are regulated by sliders and are in the "Rendering range" section, then they are relatively sparing with performance when set to 50% (whether it is the visibility range, drawing objects, shadows, etc.). Anything above 50% (especially above 60-70%) - any of these settings starts to hit FPS so badly.

d
drobilka 05.01.21

Buttercup Bard

This topic is only about this illogical drawdown. Just one setting eats up a lot of FPS, making the game unplayable.
Specifically, I have not a single setting that kills FPS like this distance for rendering shadows. Obviously, if disabling this option gives me an increase of 30 fps, and in the future the game works at stable 60 fps anywhere on the map, while not reducing any other settings at all, then it will work on any computer.
And what kind of game are you trying to sell me, I don't understand.
shl. in the video, everything is perfectly visible if you look with your eyes.

M
MunchkiN 616 05.01.21

minya so slows down the processor,
it showed 30 fps faster, I overclocked it because my patience got too much, because in some places it turned into 17-20 and got 37 fps,
and on the contrary, I rolled shadows both with range and resolution and forcing the option to draw any shadows.

d
drobilka 05.01.21

MunchkiN 616
ahhah

E
EvgenyDMT 05.01.21

drobilka
Dude, I have not seen any facts about which you are so claiming about the sun's rays. Firstly, it is cloudy and it is raining, and secondly, NIGHT on the street "NIGHT KARL !!", where can the sun's rays come from at NIGHT ?! on a clear, sunny day, look in the distance at objects from a sniper rifle, with "ultra rays" turned on and then you will understand what people are talking to you here. in vain they indicated i7, because i5 in some places can be a "bottleneck" - this is if you have a powerful video card.

C
CEMENTATOR 05.01.21

drobilka
970 is the 18th graphics card, and 88% in absolute terms of performance. I returned it to the store, because HAV monitor does not pull. I just wanted to change the card, 950 is not much better than my current one, and 970 is too much as it turned out.
And - yes, the rendering of the shadow range is the most capacious in terms of FPS absorption, if I may say so.

C
CEMENTATOR 05.01.21

EvgenyDMT
By the way, yes. You need to take more points into account when making such measurements. Especially at night. Drawdown on rays is when in a closed location such as a basement, but with numerous light sources and dust in the air, you can measure there, there will not be shadows playing in range, because there is no range, but there will be drawdown and jumps in FPS.

E
Eroppo 05.01.21

EvgenyDMT
Dude, I haven't seen any facts about which you are so claiming about the sun's rays. Firstly, it is cloudy and raining, and secondly NIGHT on the street "NIGHT CARL !!", where can the sun's rays come from at NIGHT ?!
And at night your screen is completely black and there is not a single source of light on it? Or do you really think that the Sun in the game is some kind of unique celestial object that naturally creates its own unique lighting - apparently also with ultraviolet light? ))

E
EvgenyDMT 05.01.21

eroppo
So I want to ask “you, what a fuck?” But I won't say anything. XD

M
MunchkiN 616 05.01.21

eroppo
rays lay only special light sources and most likely the engine supports them only 1 at the level,
but at the same time the shader should most likely calculate them as if always at the level.
finally, if it doesn't pull, it's best to just reduce the screen resolution here.

F
FireDragonS 05.01.21

For how long I have been playing, I have never noticed the notorious drawdowns. In terms of configuration, I cannot say that it is straight top, it is quite an average configuration, like the author's. Core i5 4460, MSI GTX 970 OC, 8GB RAM (Kingston HyperX Beast), MSI Guard Pro Z97 motherboard. Everything on the ultra, fps around 60 is kept anywhere.