3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
x
xxxfleshxxx 28.02.21 01:52 am

Impressions of the game (The Lord of the Rings: War in the North)

We discuss the game, share our impressions.
69 Comments
Sort by:
b
barboss2006 28.02.21

Does anyone play a license? No matter how empty I go online (

a
ace312 28.02.21

barboss2006
, unfortunately, it seems that everyone abandoned the game

D
DenAhill 28.02.21

I liked the game everyone, the graphics, the plot, the combat system, in general everyone liked it !!!

R
Rikudo Nagashi 28.02.21

Darth_Nichronus
That's for sure :)

R
Rikudo Nagashi 28.02.21

Darth_Nichronus
Yes ... Tolkien - something like fantasized, so what prevented the developers? :)

R
Rikudo Nagashi 28.02.21

Darth_Nichronus
And this is very regrettable ... I am for authenticity :)

I
I am Batman 28.02.21

Although I am a fan of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, I did not expect anything supernatural from the game. Why did I play there at all by chance so that I was lying in the Steam library since the time when I took a bundle with games from the WB. Well, giving a small chance to the game, she took advantage of it to the fullest and dragged me in earnest.
Spoiler

And it all started as boring and not entirely interesting. But gradually moving along the plot, I began to realize that the idea of ​​creating a storyline that runs parallel to the events of the feature film The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is not bad at all. Yes, at first you can blame that the creators no longer know what to come up with, but the VK universe is huge and you can always find inspiration in writing a new story in it. In addition, a very interesting moment was invented about the meeting of the heroes of the game with the nine heroes of the Fellowship of the Ring. And Rivendell himself was created quite well.
Spoiler

The visual component is certainly not as cool as in some titans of the RPG genre, but it has its own zest in the design of locations, and the character models themselves look quite suitable. The style of the Lord of the Rings film is not lost against the general background. Especially the underground caves are terribly reminiscent of the caves of Moria. The music of "War in the North" falls short of the magnificent creation of Howard Shore, but it does not become invisible to the ears.
Spoiler

Of course, all this is good that the plot of the game is not bad and the atmosphere resembles the films of P. Jackson, but the gameplay of the game, although contagious, is still monotonous. Infectious by the fact that personally, as a drug addict, I ran and collected everything around, with an indefatigable thirst I exterminated all evil spirits at every level, ran into every cave and looked under every stone to find something tasty. Does this mean that the world of the game is interesting to study? Not. In fact, each location is crammed with the same, just looking for the next found sword or bow to give great damage, and armor the best protection. Everything is monotonous, there is no such thing for you to have thoughts: "I will go into this tomb, and there most likely something that I will not find anywhere else." But no, this will not happen. It's good that the enemies are much more diverse than the gameplay.
Spoiler

There is nothing pleasant to say about boevka either. Flawed, very flawed. For example, he played as a swordsman, an easy and heavy blow with two mouse buttons, a CTRL block, as well as two abilities using pumping and archery. Quickie ladies and gentlemen. Plus, meager finishing moves and no combos. The conclusion suggests itself, a middle-class game, mostly for fans of the VK universe. But as I wrote above, for some unknown reason, the game was addicting to me. The cooperative could not try it, but in the single it appeared to be a weak 7-ku.

G
Georgy Tikhonov 28.02.21

not very convenient control, and the plot leaves much to be desired

a
alex 19061967 28.02.21

I am writing about my impressions of the game 5 years after the last comment. What can I say? I liked the game enough to give it a 9/10. The graphics are excellent, beautiful, pleasing to the eye, atmospheric music, a rather interesting plot, good combat, cute (especially an elf) characters, the ability to play as any of the three heroes offered - what else is needed to enjoy a good game? This is the best Lord of the Rings-themed game ever on PC.