3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dassent 10.03.21 02:43 am

Finale Discussion [Spoilers!] (XCOM 2)

Finished the game, used cheats, it was very interesting to see the ending. Is there anyone else who passed, and could explain the ending?
SpoilerThe elders used people to transplant their consciousness, but in the end, when they destroyed the main base, the elders said that you (humanity) were not ready for the ancient threat, and after the video where people started the uprising, they showed how some kind of purple liquid would come out of the depths. ideas what is it?
80 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alexandrovitch 10.03.21

Always loved spoilers, in any sense of the word.
Someone told me about GTA 5 that Michael would die. I chose a different ending, ugly)))

D
Dassent 10.03.21

GRiDOX
in Xcom 2, I did not find a way to another ending

S
Sailor M00N 10.03.21

In other words, the ending is again draining (in xcom, enemy within was also not very good). Such endings make you think that everything was in vain .......

D
Dassent 10.03.21

Sailor M00N
She honestly killed me completely, it seems that the game is not very short, but this groundwork for a new part is more like a groundwork for a new mission, I hope the situation with this incomprehensible ancient (as I understand it) enemy or virus will be clarified in the DLS

L
LadnoFF 10.03.21

And I thought it was a reference to UFO: Terror from the Deep.

D
Dassent 10.03.21

LadnoFF
is quite possible, but still I'm wondering what kind of enemy is so muddy?

x
xoen 10.03.21

Dassent
Of course there are ideas. There will be one more "Terror from the deep"
By the way, there is a commented out line in the file "DefaultModOptions.ini". What is it for? ;)
; ActiveMods = "TerrorFromTheDerp"

A
AlexeyMC 10.03.21

But what's the difference, you can defeat all the evil aliens, kill all their elders, hijack the biggest cool ship ... As a result, in the next part, the developers will say, it's all bullshit, it's all the wrong ending, the right one was where you twisted the ball wasted time , and waited for all countries to turn their backs on you ... They called this the correct ending and the beginning of the second part. In order for everything to come together logically, it was necessary to completely merge everything with the aliens, in no case not to investigate anything (since you start in the second part with the same equipment and weapons as in the first).

In general, I don’t know how to dock the first part with the second. The same can be expected for the third. The developers will say that all this was one of the simulations of a combat commander, which he experienced in his suit, I have not had people for a long time, and that's all ... And guessing is useless.

I had thoughts that the hijacked ship would take part, and not a strange built tub, in which, during construction, half of the internal spaces were tightly filled with all kinds of rubbish ... Why?

x
xoen 10.03.21

AlexeyMC
Well, the pelvis was not built, but hijacked. This time.
Secondly, you can tie the end. For example, a blast wave crumbled there, and the captain was captured lifeless, tucked into a suit and based on his simulations they operated for 20 years. He did not know what was going on there all this time. In general, there is a moment in the Encyclopedia about how everything happened.

Again, underground - without guns and other things, everyone starts from scratch, only the boat was hijacked and even then without a power supply. The wave is normal.
If you do not go through the "Training" part of the plot is lost, of course.

A
AlexeyMC 10.03.21

xoen
So I say that whatever they come up with in the new part, the fans themselves will somehow connect with something. It’s illogical, well, okay. The second part is all in style, we are all about Gagarin ... raved ... They will
say that all people have died long ago, and everything that happened in the second part is just a simulation, one of those that has been going on for 20 years, and play make for aliens, to fight off other aliens .... Well, this is so, for example.

D
Dassent 10.03.21

AlexeyMC the
most important thing is that this new new threat is pushed into the DLS and not into a new part, there are not so many story missions, and the rest are the same

A
AlexeyMC 10.03.21

Dassent
++++++++++++++
Yes, all types of missions can be counted on the fingers, with one hand, ro least I counted ...
kill everyone and something to blow up, kill everyone and something then hack, kill everyone and take out the carcass of the VIP, save people by running into circles, prevent something from being blown up (the most haemorrhoids, since a couple of times the thing that needs to be protected turned out to be among a heap of enemies) ... There are
also not a lot of original cards , not only in the prologue and the factories of the project (but they quickly end), but a couple of the latter like ... The rest are the same, the city, the slums, the fallen UFO.
And, yes, there was still a mission, when your UFO tried to shoot down and then capture it ... But I had it current 1 time.

D
Dassent 10.03.21

AlexeyMC
is yes, but with the capture of the ship it depends on what trajectory the enemy interceptor is flying on, they stopped me so 2 times, and the other 3 times I managed to leave. It does not change the essence, I have a double impression, I liked the game, but it is not enough. Mission of research, equipment , and the ending is not sugar, I hope for dls, in general the game is good (except for optimization)

A
AlexeyMC 10.03.21

Dassent
Yes, I could pass it quickly. In total, I played the game for about 8 hours, from the bottom of 4 hours the final mission was already hanging. The rest of the time I just did all the research, pumped everything I could, and put on top-end equipment ... And all this on repeatable missions.

x
xoen 10.03.21

AlexeyMC
The same topic. For a long time it was possible to leave to sway the tower of the station, but I wanted to dress everyone better.
As a result, I realized that without this it was possible to run the entire final.

F
FOSTER_ok 10.03.21

Passed with cheats - whines that the game is short.

D
Dassent 10.03.21

FOSTER_ok
and which is long? with cheats, on average, each battle for 10 minutes, without cheats for half an hour or even more. Half-hour identical missions do not make the game more fulfilling, there are few story missions.

A
AlexeyMC 10.03.21

Dassent
The game is not short. It took me two days, Friday night and all Saturday to get to the last mission. And honestly. I added resources and corpses later, in order to pump everything, and see what's next, but I admit it. But I would have finished playing it honestly without being distracted by development. The problem with the game is not the length but the monotony. I wrote above, there are few types of missions, there are almost no unique missions. Here's Enemy Within, I would reflash one more time, but this part, at least before the release of Dls and mods, there is no desire.

D
Dassent 10.03.21

AlexeyMC
agree, enemy within is more diverse

x
xoen 10.03.21

Dassent
I agree, but with the LongWar mod.