3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dassent 10.03.21 02:43 am

Finale Discussion [Spoilers!] (XCOM 2)

Finished the game, used cheats, it was very interesting to see the ending. Is there anyone else who passed, and could explain the ending?
SpoilerThe elders used people to transplant their consciousness, but in the end, when they destroyed the main base, the elders said that you (humanity) were not ready for the ancient threat, and after the video where people started the uprising, they showed how some kind of purple liquid would come out of the depths. ideas what is it?
80 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dorakus 10.03.21

Dassent
Well, let's start with the fact that the commander dies while removing the chip, you can hear it from the comments, but Ethereal revives us. About moving to an avatar, you can see that behind it a faint silhouette of the ethereal appears, like our enemies, and then disappears. Yes, and the mysterious voice in the finale, as well as the very desire of the ethereals, to become once again united in the neural network (psi), are hinted.
HAEMHIK
Aha something similar.

D
Dassent 10.03.21

Dorakus
nifiga myself, would not even think

z
z8TiREX8z 10.03.21

AlexeyMC
It turns out that everything keeps on the commander, he is a great strategist, thanks to him many victories were won, but since the location of the Ikskom base was revealed due to the betrayal of the higher ranks, the entire inhuman horde attacked her. Apparently the second time they counted everything correctly and won a victory, and the commander was knocked out. It turns out that in twenty years, without a commander, not everything went so smoothly, because no matter how cool the fighters would not be, but without proper guidance they are just guys with guns.

z
z8TiREX8z 10.03.21

Phantom2014
One example of

Warcraft III

z
z8TiREX8z 10.03.21

BarackKamacho
As in the first part, the chief is the chief, But damn the fighters from the very beginning to the end were, that's who you really feel sorry for

B
BarackKamacho 10.03.21

z8TiREX8z
fighters are just the most charismatic in this booth, how could I screw up polymers like that?

-
-scv- 10.03.21

bad endings this time 2?
one: the avatar project comes to execution (video, etc.). and where to look at the ending with the capture of the avenger, is there a video, or is there just a loss and that's it?

T
TheHouse 10.03.21

The ending, of course, upset a little, the ending is scanty, nothing is clear, you are not clear, what is this all for? you can't really draw any conclusions from this ending for yourself. But after reading here about the theory of "the introduction of the epherial into the commander", everything becomes clear. 100% is true, and from this dlc will blow if not part 3, tk. all agree with the above described + at the very beginning of the final video the ethers shout "Traitor". When comparing the facts, this is exactly how everything is (well, or else they can stir up the pier due to the removal of the chip, the epherial grunted, so the commander is now a person with the knowledge and abilities of the epherial). Something like this.

W
Wolf-Mercenary 10.03.21

During the Avatar battle, the Ethereals say that we were the perfect weapon against this planet. This is a reference to the vegetable-like state of the Commander before the beginning of the second part, or a hint that humanity did not just appear on Earth.

D
Dorakus 10.03.21

Wolf-Mercenary
Or (and) to the fact that one of the Aetherial commanders decided to separate from them, to become a "traitor" by hijacking the commander. It is not for nothing that when a brain is hacked, the code immediately appears, but here it is somehow delayed, and the soldier is not enough, in comparison with the protection of an unfinished avatar (which is in the same suit as we are). Oh yes, the speaker also says that everything went according to their plan, but we went too far ...

A
AlexeyMC 10.03.21

z8TiREX8z
But the ending of the first part was clearly more optimistic than the beginning of the second.
And what will happen in the extension in general, I would not undertake to predict. All the same, with the habit of HKom developers to explain everything as they think it is correct, it is difficult to predict something. Maybe in the last UFO we will fight together with the aliens against a common enemy, or maybe a friendly fat furry animal will come to everyone. After the end of the first part with the hijacking of the dreadnought, and it seemed like a victory, I didn't want such a beginning from the continuation.

a
alien_player 10.03.21

Okay. Firstly, for those who do not understand the transition from the first part to the second, or how everything was fucked up.
We all remember how well we fucked up their flagship. Explosion, fragments, babble. The problem is that a month later a fleet of these kids flew to the ground. The governments of the world got a little crap from such a turn and went to peace, one of the conditions for its adoption was the disbandment of X-Com. That's just the X-com himself was like a bae against. The answer was immediate, they were christened terrorists professing Islam and anally bent their base, as evidenced by even the memories of the cap. Those who played the second already know that later the cap was used as a combat calculator and so on ...

About the epherial of the dissident behind the cap. It may very well be. There are some hints of this, especially in the last mission. But it could be a run-out of the imagination. Anyway, we are waiting for Terror from The Deep: D

A
Alexey Fedurtsio 10.03.21

I passed, there are hints of the third part))) At first it was played through force, but by the end I could not tear myself away ... I spent two hours on the final mission, 40 minutes were spent only on avatars. in general, everything is fine)

A

I wonder why on the site there is no information about the passage of at least one game ...

M
Mercurionio 10.03.21

Alexey Fedurtsio
There you need to wait as much as 30 minutes to establish a connection to the server. Everyone is hammering in, because there is no information. And the rest of the moments are filled in as the game progresses.
PS: the ending is quite logical. In fact, the Ethereals are one of the most ancient races. She was actively developing her psionic potential, but their bodies began to slowly die. Therefore, they began to look for substitutes for themselves. They flew around the planets, enslaved civilizations. We stumbled upon people who showed the ability to psi-energy. It was then that they decided that they needed the planet. But Xcom did not allow the evil bourgeoisie to conquer humanity, even eliminated one of them. This was followed by a full-scale invasion with candy wrappers and mobile phones, charging the government and so on. Xcom was dismissed (not without gnawing), the commander was allowed to experiment. He already had a connection with the elders, apparently the first one strongly nudged before his death. Proving himself as a genius tactician, he became the ideal choice for the embodiment of the elders. But Xcom pulled in, pulled out the commander, interrupted their plans. Then the Avatar project continued: the genetic derivation of the ideal body for the dying Ethereals. As for the commander, we were clean on the final mission. The Ethereals disliked this greatly. You see, you did not pay at the time of the change in tone, when you approach the hall with the Avatars. The aliens realized the fact that they would no longer be able to subdue us, the only option is to eliminate us (the Avenger was probably already at gunpoint). That's it. the only option is to eliminate us (the Avenger was probably already at gunpoint). That's it. the only option is to eliminate us (the Avenger was probably already at gunpoint). That's it.
As for the cure: apparently a particle of Ethereal was still embedded in us, but due to the incompleteness of the project, everything went to shit.

B
BarackKamacho 10.03.21

Mercurionio
and sho for the violet light at the end was, like the chaomandor survived?

A

Mercurionio
I connect quickly, I passed connected to the server ... although I really do not care. Hardly you know the history of the game.

M
Mercurionio 10.03.21

BarackKamacho
Not a commander, but a body. You wake up on the Avenger in your stasis suite when your mind creeps out of the Avatar. Most likely, the Ethereals are not dead. Their essence left their bodies and became pure energy. I think in the next part we will have new enemies from the depths of the ocean (Terror from the deep says hello). This is my fortune telling =)))
Alexey Fedurtsio
And what is there to know? I just listen to the dialogues, it's all from there + a little ingenuity.

B
BarackKamacho 10.03.21

Mercurionio
oh God forbid in the ocean, it will be so dull, it seems to me we will fly around the universe and look for ethereals in their system

M
Mercurionio 10.03.21

BarackKamacho
I don't think it will be necessary to fight in the ocean, but it is from there that they will climb. As for the location: I wait more for the Earth as a springboard, and then not for open worlds. Those. our activity to capture planets will go on, not continents.