3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dassent 10.03.21 02:43 am

Finale Discussion [Spoilers!] (XCOM 2)

Finished the game, used cheats, it was very interesting to see the ending. Is there anyone else who passed, and could explain the ending?
SpoilerThe elders used people to transplant their consciousness, but in the end, when they destroyed the main base, the elders said that you (humanity) were not ready for the ancient threat, and after the video where people started the uprising, they showed how some kind of purple liquid would come out of the depths. ideas what is it?
80 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pavel.shyller 10.03.21

When I saw the rift in the finale, I remembered how the film "Pacific Rim" who watched will understand what was in the subject)) Maybe Del Toro's film is a premise for the third part of XCOM? =) Today I passed the game and realized that everything was preparation for the last tough mission, if everything before that was Excellent or Perfect, then here at the end there was only a grenadier and an avatar)) 6 lieutenants to hell)

s
snayper2013 10.03.21

I was extremely upset by the duration of the passage, damn it, I passed the game, opened everything and everyone, pumping all all the fighters to the colonel, and the psionics to the sorcerer, and it took me only 4 days, at the moment of the final battle, I remembered how in the first parts only received laser weapons, right there, 400 days have passed and that's it, the final. Even the final battle turned out to be bullshit, the same as in the first part of the capture of the alien ship, there, too, like a train you go ahead and wet everything, it's the same here, it's stupid to go ahead and at the end there is a mortal battle.

D
Dassent 10.03.21

Pavel.shyller kaiju
do you think they will come out :)?

P
Pavel.shyller 10.03.21

Dassent
I don’t know, maybe)
Spoiler

D
Dassent 10.03.21

Pavel.shyller
undermined them like the same?

P
Pavel.shyller 10.03.21

damn it for sure, well, all the guys disperse the third part of XCOM will not be, everything is stolen before us)

E
Elior 10.03.21

who passed the good old hkom remembers how at the end they showed the seabed and the type of fog
and then we played in the sea;)
about the history
of the research tree, like the captain was captured when there was the first invasion of the base, and then he was captured and modulating he fought with earthlings (after that, mechanical suits are being investigated)
In the description (in hkom2) it was said that these were developments from the first hokom that had not had time to be researched.
Well, then the corrupt rulers)) sold everything for their skin and power and surrendered

S
Slaventiy80 10.03.21

there was a case, played in the sea :)

D
Dassent 10.03.21

I hope that the patches will remove the mission timers of at least some, and if the DLS comes out, it will continue the plot, and not some 2 additional missions, it would be funny if this pink miracle Yudo not only crawled out of the water, but also from the sewer like in the final terror from the deep :)

G
Garrus_91 10.03.21

Mercurionio
So the commander turns out at the start of the game is not a human already (in a stasis suit)? And partly an avatar (well, there is an alien body, etc.)?

By the way, I noticed that 1 Ethereal tells us: "Go ahead, commander, once you've defeated them already." (at first I thought it was a bug, and the icon and name on the intercom did not change).
Who is this Ethereal? The one from the first part? I passed the first one for a long time, I don't remember exactly.

Thank.

M
Mercurionio 10.03.21

Garrus_91
No, in a stasis suit, a commander, a man. Only a chip was implanted into it; when removed, the carrier dies. The bottom line is that the first ethereal, which we extinguish in the first part, apparently merged with the commander with the rest of its energy. That is why he saves the commander. The exact cause is unknown.

G
Garrus_91 10.03.21

Mercurionio
Got it, thanks for the clarification.

S
Sergey Buvaka 10.03.21

It feels like xcom is right PPC what a story game. In general, it is not important what is there in the first part. Xcom is like heroes 3 you can play and play and play and whatever the developed Russians do, they will all the same obgovnyakut everything, we have such a nature. A little research is bad, a lot of research is like bad in some beyond earth. There is no Russian voice acting - it's bad, there is voice acting - it's bad (it's crooked and it's better to play in English), the game hasn't been changed almost - it's bad, they push the old game, they changed it, it's bad, they removed what they loved it for, etc. We have such a nature, we do not know how to do nichrome ourselves and are always unhappy with everything that others do ...

S
Sasha Perkov 10.03.21

I read people's comments here about the connection with the first part and here's what I will say about how I understood this connection. For some reason, everything is more or less logical for me.
During the first invasion, XCOM fought a war (the first part), but at the very beginning, when special technologies were not even attacked the base. She was defeated, the commander was dragged away and implanted into a chip. He spent 20 years in a suit and continued to control XCOM, only in his mind, which was what the aliens used.
With this theory, I think some of the jambs are eliminated:
1) Beginning in XCOM 2 with firearms. This is logical, considering that the first XCOM did not have time to develop and was defeated.
2) The fact that they could not do anything without a commander. Here I disagree. The guys hijacked an entire ship and found the commander himself. The commander was found just at the time when the ship was more or less put in order, so it is shit with rubbish.
3) The commander of the resistance was needed not so much for command as for weakening the aliens, since they used him.

P
Podvipodvertov 10.03.21

If you want to know the real ending and what's what in this series of games, I'll write you what's what.
And so, the main character referred to as a commander or chief, in fact, is not any commander in addition to a secret organization to combat alien invaders. In fact, he is a patient of a psychiatric clinic, who is already 89 years old and has spent most of his life within its soft walls. He suffers from acute schizophrenia, manic - paranoid syndrome and a very rare form of mental disorder, in which he thinks that he is the last hope of mankind and he has to lead the human race in the fight against alien invaders.
All that we see in the game is just the fruit of his sick consciousness and nothing more. I think that in the end the developers will get tired of leading the players by the nose by coming up with another ridiculous plot and put forward this particular version.

R
Roman Pivovarov 10.03.21

Just finished the game. There are a couple of questions left. That purple shit underwater, I take it this is a portal? The energy does not look like psi, it is slightly different, but the portal is the most in my opinion. Did the squad survive? It was visible as the commander opens the portal, but it is not visible that people left from there.

S
Sergey Buvaka 10.03.21

Roman Pivovarov
Well, in the same place, like at the end, Bradford says to the commander that the mission is completed.

R
Roman Pivovarov 10.03.21

Sergey Buvaka
so only to the Commander, the rest of the detachment is not visible and there the passage was closed and people from there did not leave afterwards from the side of the Avenger

S
Sergey Buvaka 10.03.21

Roman Pivovarov
well, here I can not tell you anything-) probably like everyone else =) you can only hope for the best) well, or how everyone died in the first part

A
Alexander Sirotyuk 10.03.21

Most likely, the Ether, which is tied to the Commander, is the same Ether from the Bureau, for which we, in fact, "played" then)
After all, there are quite obvious hints (mainly in the EU) that the events of the Bureau and the EU with the second XCOM takes place in the same universe.