3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dassent 10.03.21 02:43 am

Finale Discussion [Spoilers!] (XCOM 2)

Finished the game, used cheats, it was very interesting to see the ending. Is there anyone else who passed, and could explain the ending?
SpoilerThe elders used people to transplant their consciousness, but in the end, when they destroyed the main base, the elders said that you (humanity) were not ready for the ancient threat, and after the video where people started the uprising, they showed how some kind of purple liquid would come out of the depths. ideas what is it?
80 Comments
Sort by:
S
SVAEIG 10.03.21

As a result, in the next part, the developers will say, it's all bullshit, it's all the wrong ending, the right one was where you spun the ball, wasted time and waited for all countries to turn their backs on you ... They called this the correct ending and the beginning of the second part.

Not really, in the end they still say that once the "boss" has already defeated them. But I agree that it still turned out stupid - I won everyone, but still lost. Then the events would not be tied to the first part, they would have made an independent game.
It took 25 hours to complete, I played in one gulp all weekend, I liked the game despite the shortcomings. The final battle itself took 4.5 hours, of which he fought with the Avatars for three hours, sat tightly in the defense, lost one person. It's good that before storming the tower I completely pumped the psi-agent, without him I probably would not have passed

A
AlexeyMC 10.03.21

SVAEIG
Here and I have such a dissonance. I would understand if they said that people won, and the aliens repented, and help restore ... Well, or instead of the hijacked dreadnought, 10 others flew in, and under the cannons they were forced to make peace. Well, something like this. And then, they say, the normal ending in the opinion of the developers is the defeat of the land and the termination of cooperation with HKOM.

i
in_text 10.03.21

AlexeyMC
XCOM 2 - An alternative version of the continuation of the events of XCOM: EY. One thing was not clear to me, according to the canon of the second part of "HSOMA", at what point in the game in XCOM: EY we merged everything to the aliens. Again, this raises the question if the commander, i.e. we, merged all of humanity to aliens, then why the hell the remnants of "HSOMA" returned for us.

P
Polololon 10.03.21

And what is there to discuss? The ending of the first part was cut off in the same way and nothing, people were eating. Here, repeat, wash, file down the third part. Brilliant.

A
AlexeyMC 10.03.21

Loooper
Yes, I had 2 thoughts in my head from the very beginning. This is how we managed to drain everything, in the spirit of Gagarin we profiled everything (from victory, to the last blaster from that part), the second is that there, without a commander, they could not do anything at all, even clean up the garbage in the compartments.
And if, as the developers say, the correct ending is one where all countries have turned their backs on HCom, then the commander is to blame. And why then pull him out, is there really no one else?
In general, the plot, in contrast to the tactical part, did not like at all. A lot of inconsistencies and oddities. And again, there seems to be no alternative in the ending, but with a bold spoiler it is.

i
in_text 10.03.21

AlexeyMC
And let's immediately cut XCOM 3, let's say that XCOM 2 is all a commander's dream, and in fact we fly to the planet to the elders to destroy them.
Will be like in the movie "Starship Troopers"

P
Phantom2014 10.03.21

The general criticism of the plot is appropriate but unfounded. First of all, this strategy. When was there a deep and intriguing storyline in turn-based strategy?

D
Dassent 10.03.21

Phantom2014
in the first part of xcom I liked the plot more, but even in the supreme commander I liked the plot more, even though RTS

N
Nightma [R] e 10.03.21

The plot is not very, it is too short, and the ending clearly hints at a continuation, IMHO. I expected more from equipment and customization, but alas. The only thing that made me happy was a lot of opponents at the end, I had to sweat a lot while playing the "Legend". I played with cheats for resources, no more). And that I noticed, for some reason, throughout the game, there weren't much brakes, but in the end it was horrible how it lagged. In general, you can play it, just to correct the optimization. In general, I will wait for DLS. XCOM 3 will probably not be released soon.

A
AlexeyMC 10.03.21

Loooper
I wrote above in this thread that since the developers said that the correct ending of the last part was the defeat of the earthlings, then why bother at all. They will not want to bother with the plot and link the parts, they will say that it was one of the simulations that Chief experienced ... Well, not Chief, Commander! And you can invent anything, as many times as you like, each part of the game, a new simulation ... Fortunately, I spent hours in the last part, not because of the plot, for hours ... ... Although, of course, I would like a good intelligible plot.

P
Phantom2014 10.03.21

Dassent

supreme commander - yes, the plot is normal, but the hot itself develops poorly. Here the hatyabs tried. For example, the first training mission to write the boss was cool. The game just lacks non-standard ideas for plotting.

D
Dassent 10.03.21

Phantom2014
Yes, from the RTS genre now there is nothing to play, but about the plot, figs with inconsistencies, they cut off at the most interesting place. There would be 3-4 story missions about this unknown crap.

s
serg5555555 10.03.21

To be honest, I didn't understand the ending at all. Throughout the mission, the alien carried some kind of garbage that everything was lost. Why is unknown. The very end is also unclear, he killed the last avatar, the team runs up to the portal, like hurray, we bring down back, but then oops, the alien starts to put pressure on the brain of my commander-avatar. So what? How it all ends is not clear. Where is the team, where is my avatar - hell knows. They showed the water the light from under the water and that's it. One question, and what's next? Why the last mission was needed at all - it did not clarify anything at all. What is the benefit of killing three avatars? Nothing. Why kill them, xs.
Actually, it's not even clear that the aliens built the whole game - what is an avatar?
Maybe someone understood, explain to me.

D
Dassent 10.03.21

serg5555555
avatar as I understood it is a project to create ideal shells for elders out of people, and when the project was completed, then pseudo clinics for the cure of diseases began to work, people would be drawn there and they would be sent to experiments and to the production of avatars

B
BarackKamacho 10.03.21

Not the fountain of the end, what kind of purple goo is unclear (we can flattened commander), what will happen to the Ethereals is also unclear, and most importantly, not a word about my fighters

D
Dorakus 10.03.21

Throughout the game, we were "shown" that the Commander had ties to the Aetherials. He either controls the "boss" or is just nearby. For example, look at the video where the commander is connected to the avatar, or the fact that at the end they ask us to "return" to them, to deal with an unknown threat and that it is not too late. At this moment, the Ethereal speaks with interference, they say their (Ethereal) commander has already won. And the gatekeepers of the translation - they say that we are their greatest advisor, not the enemy ...

L
LightHOwUSE 10.03.21

Dassent
seems to be and the game is not particularly short
And the plot is so short that horror) Explore - capture - build - explore - capture - build - tower - final) And between them there are a little more than 5 mission options, where 7-13 fighters =) As if all that remains to wait for the dls (I'm almost sure there will be a mission about Valen, and in a successful version it will be added for the scientist) and long thief 2.

D
Dassent 10.03.21

Dorakus
did not understand a little, can I get more details? :)

H
HAEMHIK 10.03.21

Dorakus
is something like a bureau ending where
Spoiler Gg turns out to be infiltrated by the ethereal?

B
Biboras 10.03.21

The third part will start again with the fact that the whole second was an XD simulation