3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
dfsgsfdgsdfgdfsg 10.03.21 03:13 am

Bombanulo

Igrun on pc. I can and love. Not a virgin, not a troll or a nerd. Married, not bearded. Once I introduced myself, you can push the grease.
Recently, a shitty taste has started to appear in my mouth, and the chair under the ass melted and dripped to the neighbors below. After that, a casual neighbor (apparently a soniba, not otherwise) repaired the hole with soapy water, and told me not to pour my sand on his brand new soap factory four (play station 4, in my opinion, that's what it's called). Also, while he was closing the hole, he clucked with a drake face, about the fact that there are no games on PuK. After that, I did not see him, since everything is very soapy.
So what am I for? Fallout 2 helps me get rid of the taste of shit for two hours before going to bed, as the psycho-game therapist advised me. And the taste appeared after the acquisition of The Division, Fallout 4. For I gave 8000 rubles for everything and realized that somewhere they put a pig for me. Naturally, they put it directly on the screen of my laptop. I can't get it, which is a pity, because the screen will break.
And now a question for connoisseurs: am I really so selective that I cannot properly assess the underplay that underdevelopers are doing now? Oldfag life, newfag pine trees.

Where did a ton of good games go? Why do masterpieces like Pillars of Ethernity need to be raked up to the elbows in the stool of fat bastards like Yubisoft and Arbor? Why did XCOM 2 manage not to crap, but to remain a good game, but only for a small, target audience? Maybe the degradants are not schoolchildren of pine trees, but we, oldfags, awaiting the second coming of the dead God of Igroprom?

What the hell did we get Mechwarrior online instead of Mechwarrior 5! Where did Never winter nights 2 go? What kind of scribble Never winter online? If I want online fantasy, I will buy wow with a subscription.

Pasans, with such success, we will soon be playing either pre-2005 games or Star citizen (unless of course they crap too)

It's time to open a club of interests: "If you are oldfag".

This post will grow with the size of my bombing. In direct ratio.

Warning to newfags: in these topics, the concentration of oldfags (people over 25 years old and having more than 10 years of playing experience) is outrageous. Therefore, go and make your sandboxes about minecraft, and here we are bugging and nostalgic.
98 Comments
Sort by:
W
Wing42 10.03.21

the endless misanthropy of the black cosmos
And you decided to share a piece of your world with me? Very noble, thank you.

A
AnO2 10.03.21

RIPxxx
At the moment there is a sale of the Witcher series, 3 games for 700r, if you have not played, I advise. Also, air for oldfags Divinity: Original sin, the second part in 2016 is on the way. The time is not easy now all sorts of calof dyuti, awakening of power and minecraft.

M
Mage Hermit 10.03.21

Here he was bombed ...

A
Abbat76 10.03.21

RIPxxx
I still play Skyrim. Despite the fact that many say that "Skyrim is no longer a cake compared to the beautiful Morowind", I nevertheless created my own assembly of some atmospheric visual and quest mods (99 pieces - a beautiful figure turned out) and play. In my opinion, games should have a unique immersion atmosphere, so that I would not want to go through and forget, but to live there. Skye has it. Sometimes, when I'm in the mood, I'll take a beer, sit in the kitchen and read books collected in Skyrim. Some are written so interestingly that they are better than many authors in the real world.

Fallout 4 is the same story. Yes, this is not Fall-2, which I went through at least thirty times, and even arranged a passage for a time = 2.5 hours without cheats from the beginning to the murder of Frank Corrigan. BUT! Fallout 4 has its own vibe. Although it is full of annoying things (like: a lot of lean characters, flat like this negro minuteman or an outright annoying grandma drug addict; a lot of dumb dialogues; very little of Fallout's trademark black humor; disgusting optimization and creepy processed shadows; a boo-boiled loot generation system no logic; pretty predictable plots), but you can fall in love with this game too if you look at it a little differently. First, Fallout 4 was revealed in the new Far Harbor DLC. I went through this addon in one breath with gusto. It has something that is not enough in the rest of the fall4e - a gloomy atmosphere. And in general, if you dig around - in Fall4e you can find a lot of interesting and pleasant things. For example, if you are attentive, then during searches of premises and territories, stories of people are revealed, interrupted simply at the most culminating places by the atomic bombing. It also has stories that are spread over the entire Commonwealth area, and are not marked as quests, there is no experience for them, but puzzles are formed for that. And there is a lot of that - you just need to look carefully and remember. For example, when completing Nick Wallentine's quest, you have to rummage through the terminals of police stations, looking for data. In addition to the necessary data, it is full of all sorts of seemingly unnecessary records. And here one of them (if you read and memorize) refers to the head of the section, retires and dreams of finishing his novel. after many kilometers you can find a country house where you can find out that he got away from his wife and sat down to write a novel, that the night noise from the neighboring quarry bothered him and that he got mad about this and was going to go to the foreman to swear. If you visit this quarry, it turns out that he did go there. and there the drama unfolded. Or another example: after the war with China, the persecution of the narrow-eyed local population began in the United States, you can more than once find houses in which the Chinese were soaked by crowds. Or from which these families left in a hurry. And you can also trace their path - to the checkpoints, where they were arrested, and sometimes killed by soldiers on suspicion of espionage. after the war with China, the persecution of the narrow-eyed local population began in the United States, you can more than once find houses in which the Chinese were soaked by the crowds. Or from which these families left in a hurry. And you can also trace their path - to the checkpoints, where they were arrested, and sometimes killed by soldiers on suspicion of espionage. after the war with China, the persecution of the narrow-eyed local population began in the United States, you can more than once find houses in which the Chinese were soaked by the crowds. Or from which these families left in a hurry. And you can also trace their path - to the checkpoints, where they were arrested, and sometimes killed by soldiers on suspicion of espionage.
Or such a place like this: University Point. GG can be sent to it on quests of some factions. But in addition to the quest, it also has its own story - the history of the town, which was cut out by synths because of a girl who liked to rummage through the university ruins in search of computer parts and dug up some information. Her chatty language of a teenager attracted the attention of synths and they came to town hoping to get something completely different from what the girl had. As a result, the city was cut out, the little girl tried to find in the ruins what the synths needed, but did not have time, and the GG could do it for her. But what GG finds is not at all what everyone in this sad story was thinking about. This is an unmarked quest that the GG can investigate himself. And even find something for yourself ...
In this vein, Fall4 looks very good, it is worked out and scrupulous in details. If you look around, the world becomes alive. If you run through the task markers - Fall4 looks stupid and pathetic. Everyone builds their own game;) Also in Fallout 4 there is also a branded feature - random encounters. There is not much sense from them for GG, but they maintain the atmosphere and some mystery. Some of these meetings traditionally confront the GG with a choice: what to do? And so bad, and so bad ..

Pillars of Eternity? Yes, not a bad old school RPG. But! all the same, with Baldur Gates 2 with additions, she never passed. XCOM 2? Heh ... after the Apocalypse of HSOMs there were no more masterpieces. The first UFO was a revolution and a break in the mold. The second is a great clone with improved gameplay. For hardcore players. It was unrealistically difficult to bring down the Lobstermen at the highest difficulty, let alone even more dangerous species. The Apocalypse was a masterpiece deviation from the canons, but it had a billion good ideas. And then - that's it! Suddenly, the developers forgot about the harcore in the tactical battles of the XCOM-Terror-from-ze-deep, they forgot about the mega-ideas of the Apocalypse, and went into a rather simple remake of the new XCOM. And the second is the same thing, but diluted with the addition of timers - a global timer, a local timer. The player is forced into frames. What have they not which people like! I would prefer to go nuts from the fact that I am confronted by incredibly dangerous and difficult enemies, for the murder of which you need to constantly adjust your tactics (in HSOM TFTD you had to carry meat fighters with you, who were allowed to go forward, so that the deadly auto-response of aliens was discharged into them, and already they were followed by elite fighters, who also had to carry explosives with them, with which they broke the way for flanking bypasses through walls or collapsing entire levels in the Apocalypse). In the new XCOM 2, there is simply no time for all this. The player is deprived of the opportunity to enjoy his own tactical genius, leaving him with only 1-2 correct ways to solve a tactical task, in which a huge role is assigned to random - will it hit or not? Not? let's try to replay. and over and over. Are these signs of a cool game? pff ..

A
Abbat76 10.03.21

It is very cynically described as the gaze of a person who considers himself free from the influence of the system - who has risen OVER the system. I don't even want to meet you in real life - I suspect. that I will be severely disappointed, and yet another pimply genius misunderstood by the world will open up to my eyes ... I suspect that you are in fact the same cog in a giant Consumption Machine, like that "40-year-old woman" you mentioned that pushed you in transport. And I am more than sure that you and her have needs and dreams of approximately the same order. You, like her, want more money: only she, in your opinion, for a sofa and a grub, but you - for a new device / gadget / clothes. And also a zhrachka. For if you did not eat, you would not write to the chat.

As for The Witcher-3, as a fetish of the modern game industry .. Personally, he did not hook me. I came to look for Dandelion in some brothel and ... and then I was not enough. A friend of mine, whom I advised to go through this game, went through The Witcher-3 twice. with increasing difficulty and other wagering. The game is beautiful, no doubt about it. All more or less significant characters and interesting dialogues are very well spelled out in the game. But that's all. The world is static. It doesn't change in any way. It doesn't matter what Geralt does - the world does not react to his actions. No, I understand that you can quarrel with some guards and then she will chase Geralt. But in general, nothing changes. Here Geralt cleared the abandoned village of evil spirits. So what? And nothing. people don't go there. the evil spirits there will respawn again. And again. And again. And a kilometer from the village - people are homeless, they live in camping camps. looting on the battlefield. illogical!

A
Abbat76 10.03.21

WAga Spoiler
Portal 1,2, FEAR 1, Mass Effect 1,2,3, Dragon Age: Origin, The Witcher 1,2,3, Half Life 2, Star Craft 2, Dying Light, MGS 5, Deus Ex HR, Divinity, Banner Saga, NFS MW 2005, Life is Strange, Victor Vran, Metro, Bioshock 1,2, Inf, Dishonored, Dead Space 1,2, Max Payne 1,2,3, Fable 1, Warcraft 3, Call of Juarez and so on ...
There are a lot of good games. I also had such a time that there is nothing to play, and new games are just slag. Spilled into the 1st neverwinter, diluting with generals. But even if there are no new ones, there are always old ones that were missed at one time and you sometimes discover for yourself some kind of riddick, singularity or spec ops that I missed and liked more than the new ones.
The portal has not entered. Cool, but not for me.
Fir. good games. I went through a couple of games in the series. But they are just good. As well as singularity. not a Shaderv, but Singularity has passed twice during its existence. passed and forgot - so that later I would go through when I completely forget.
Mass Effect. Yes. I agree. this is one of the correct examples of the ingenious game industry. Such games are remembered for a long time. I want to replay them not because I forgot, but because I want to act out in a different way.
Deus Ex, Bayoshock, Dishonored and Max Payne 2/3 are just good games. Not masterpiece. Moreover, Deus Ex is the first - almost the same age as Fall2ut, but even at that time there were not enough stars. Here is Max Payne first - yes. It was something ... mind blowing at the time.
What's not on your list is Kryziza and Far Edge. I would mark at least FarCray 3/4 as pretty good games.

W
Wing42 10.03.21

Abbat76 wrote:
Very cynically described as the gaze of a person who considers himself free from the influence of the system - who has risen OVER the system. I don't even want to meet you in real life - I suspect. that a cruel disappointment will overtake me, and yet another pimply genius incomprehensible to the world will open up to my eyes ...
He is the real, the most misanthropic misanthrope, there is nowhere to be misanthrope. He even has it written in his nickname, is it really not visible?

t
the endless misanthropy o 10.03.21

Abbat76
I am handsome and I spend money, you can’t guess what

D
DenDi333 10.03.21

RIPxxx
Take a piece of shit out of your mouth and play Dark Souls.

V
Vova126 10.03.21

On May 27th Robot arena III is released in incentive and no one knows about it. This is an excellent game. No news, no announcements.

G
Grigory Kostin 10.03.21

RIPxxx
rebz, in short, there is a maza ... I kind of like an oldfag too ... but I liked the relatively fresh Sleeping Dogs ... tsuko ... it’s really pistol there bream is heard ... and the process is delaying ... in one breath ... and now I remembered - I wanted to replay ... - This is probably because it is not an AAA class .... there is only one "B" out of three "A" - Bouncy Gameplay ...)) So if anyone hasn't played, try it. I think it will roll in ... And GTA I still haven't rolled it in ...

K
Kyle_Katarn 10.03.21

WAga
Well, not that it would be very old ...)

K
Kyle_Katarn 10.03.21

You forget that entropy is not a process for the sake of process. This is part of a broader process.
The old, the sick must make room and substance for the new ... The
outdated empire, which has ceased to expand, will perish, but someone else will come.

Games have not yet reached decadence, they are young for entropy. Here the reason is different. But Western society is slowly approaching it. But they are not the first, they are not the last ...

f
frayser 10.03.21

Kyle_Katarn
Not the press, but the players. In the same incentive, reviews show well what the game is like.
RIPxxx
See 2 paragraph in my message.

H
Hitrii 10.03.21

RIPxxx
I use Gesturworks, I played many games on the tablet with it, even the orderlies of the dungeons.

G
Garrus-1994 10.03.21

RIPxxx wrote:
Where did a ton of good games go?
Replaced by advertising.
I would be glad to play RPGs, worked out at the level: Plainescape, Foul or Arcanum. I would gladly play in the continuation of the Masquerade of the Vampires, because there are almost no games in this setting, and RPG, yes, is, in my opinion, the only one.
RIPxxx wrote:
Pasana, with such success, we will soon be playing or playing games until 2005
So in general, that's what I'm doing. Sooner or later it will reach the crowd that they are eating a clear brown consistency wrapped in beautiful polyethylene)) Since now all people live separately, it is easier to manipulate, which means that the essence will take longer to reach. It's kind of called "magic bullets".
Therefore, I play old games, they feel exactly the work done by the entire development team. There is practically no hack-work, and if there is such, it is only through the fault of the publisher. But there were no million dollars and other $ 10 crap. There was no point in dividing the game, moreover, for that time, it was generally wild. How is it to sell players a stub? They will laugh at the same. This is some kind of law of anti-dialectics, namely the transition from quality to quantity. The conveyor is a good thing, of course, but coupled with greed and selfishness, it turned into a stamping of junk, and not a tool that facilitates work.
In general, games are rolling where the world is heading, into the abyss. But as long as there are good old games, there will be people inspired by the enthusiasm of the companies that produced such masterpieces. This means we can still expect that in a few years, there will be a couple of three excellent projects.

V
Vanya Rygalov 10.03.21

rPeBoJL +++++++++++++++++++++++
Opposite to such a Bamboleo hell who can stand ...

i
ironHAMMER.ms 10.03.21

RIPxxx wrote:
Pasans, with such success, we will soon be playing or games before 2005 release
For a long time I have been doing this

Garrus-1994 wrote:
joy in the continuation of the Masquerade of Vampires, because there are almost no games in such a setting, but RPG, yes, in my opinion, generally the only one.
There is still a redemption, although it is hackndslash.

M
MunchkiN 616 10.03.21

It is interesting that I found several generations of oldfags,
some were tired of updating the pitch because that was the epic time of the appearance of video cards and grafon enthusiasts. and everything was worth a hell of a lot, unlike the current prices and video cards with processors took just a year or two for the name of the grafon.
others said that the games are not the same now.
I even remember the pitch of the dispute pra marrawind. the point was that it was good that Morrowind became three-dimensional. In fact, three-dimensional gave little visually and personally I considered its current as a means to increase the resolution and agreed that the pyxels, firstly, better mask polygons and low-quality ones, and secondly, there are so few polygons that the pyxels will help to close up smoother objects and more complex ones.
remember, for example, the miserable explosions on the expanding sphere. then in the 3d floor was the physics of sprites in 3d it was natural no longer any physics. But the essence of 3D is all in the grafon shadyrs. (although good reflections were even better in pseudo 3D. in vertex and shkelet animation in directional light on the model and finally forges a path to physical gameplay, where a 3D bullet flies through ballistics, hits the walls and hits 3D rolls a bit. then how cool they look 3d cones and interiors.then, after several years, it worried me that I had lost the marrawind.machach was very normal and in the arena.the world became like a nail and a wall of fog a few meters away.the downmers ate all the horses and 10,000 courier quests aaaaaa. And I realized that with the Marravind they fed me shit out of school with the couple centurions who pissed off all the otmosver and I swallowed it.
I remember crying over the overslept thought 3. Did they draw them big enough? and recently it dawned on me. ahahahaha.
for then schA so look this classic is a masterpiece.

the arrival of 3d earlier gave new tactical opportunities for covering and rolling, maneuvering with a fart and cleverly shooting fierce dangerous bots, hiding behind a doorway. which was a boon for jokers and action games, but the grafon was so-so. here, for example, there was such a game, tama, in short, the rage of the uprising on the crown. there were types of anime mecha posan walked around the base with fart and climbed into the robot. at that time there was a graaaaffooon. but sprite isometric games were somehow nicer to the eye. and such games as, for example, zhlatogorie two made it easy to understand where the grafon was, since there was a rautrasig of shadows in the hearth and in some kind of Vietcong or a medal of honor there was soap.
graphon 3d has already developed much further 2d and in 3d isometric it is possible to achieve such graphics and dynamic illumination which can never be achieved with dynamic modern shadyrs, for example, in diable 2. and why, in that case, do 3d isometry and even more so a suspended review camera for tactical mode in a normal game ?.
the development of 3d, technologies and capacities of the grafon, as well as iron, for example, made it possible to switch to full real time. first in the most aaa games with ingenious programmers who can optimize for epic hardware, and then in less and less optimized games. fallout, obviously, just got into such a citation that it could be a real half-time, but the game went a little on the pitches of those years, and the miscalculation of the collision with the walls and the paths for ai would most likely have been completely undermined by the farts of rpshnichkov.
for this reason, all sorts of step-by-step RPGs with a cube are perceived by me as remnants of the decrepitude of the engines or the weakness of the pitches. although of course there are games that are perceived better in this mode than dynamic ones. for example, diplomatic turn-based strategies and so on where you would have to control a lot and tensely, and most importantly, you would lose the feeling that you are a king on a leisurely council of war and give orders to slaves.
in the same case, when you need to uncontroll one character or a team with normal AI in a complex 3D space, there is no sense in isometric or step by step anymore.

therefore waxing time goes on. hemp grows generations of oldfags change and howl is always the same.
and will soon be sung in epics about the glorious games of the great past of the halfs2 with episodes of all sorts of thoughts pynkilers, stalkers, bioshoks, bullystorms soda mv and assassins from 2 to brotherhood, shkurims and witchers 3.and
also the storytellers will tell the tale about how cool and breakthrough it was to drive Enzio around Rome, somersault there in a haystack after school.
and of course the games change. The atmosphere evaporates, it leaves, it is replaced by other gases,
but the light of the grafon will burn forever.

r
requiemmm 10.03.21

MunchkiN 616 wrote: a
command with normal AI in a complex 3D space no longer makes sense in isometric or step-by-step
Yes, it is. The problem is that there is no normal AI. Don't do it.

I quietly went nuts, I remember, from the fact that in the Soldier of Fortune, with Sega, the partner could dodge bullets and competently go around the corner, and in the same Asse defects, the situation "rested against the wall with a snout and land clip after clip" was the norm.
In the same BG, distributing scripts to everyone, it was possible to watch a completely meaningful battle ... after many years in Dragon-gay, the only way not to swear once a minute is to immediately turn off the au and steer manually.
Tactics, if you remember the Panzer, Pig, Soldier of Anarchy or Fall ... there at least the enemy behaved intelligently, even if everything was triggered ... later the computer could only defeat when it was initially given infinite resources, buffs on the construction speed or something else, there were no brains at all - a stupid crowd that appeared out of thin air, from one direction and on a timer. Then the genre generally died, ufo we do not take.

With age, the grafon no longer surprises, jerking off on the keyboard gets tired, the movie has already been watched a hundred times in all variants - all that remains is the design, plot and gameplay, in which enemies and allies play a very important role. And for the latter, after the cost of advertising, drawing the kints, payment of royalties to the stars, royalties, suddenly there is no money left and another conveyor slag comes out, from which it bombs.