3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MoulSoul 13.03.21 12:51 am

Processor and selection

Hello everyone, members of the forum. Quite recently I decided to change my processor, because my old dual-core man cannot cope with new games. My choice fell on the AMD FX 8350 processor, despite the fact that I often read comments where AMD processors "demean" that Intel is "indispensable for games". However, Intels are too expensive for my modest budget, so my choice was Amdi. And so, wandering through the wastelands of the citylink, I found this processor. I looked at its characteristics: 4 GHz, 8-core and even cheap. However, a doubt arose in me: "what if the processor is weak"? In general, I want to see your opinion about this "machine". Or maybe it's better to take Intel at all? I'm not very strong in processors. If you really take another, then tell me which one. The price, preferably somewhere around 11-15k.
62 Comments
Sort by:
P
Palych Rokov 13.03.21

I have been using this since 2013, so far enough in any games with my head if the vidyashka is powerful, clocked up to 4.7 in the air, it works stably

A
ARONDIT 13.03.21

I would take 2500k if I were you. Proven, powerful percent of which is still enough for games.

S
Serega83z 13.03.21

It all depends on which video card it will work with. Which card?

S
Serega83z 13.03.21

ARONDIT
I'm sitting on an overclocked 2500K to 4.3 Gigahertz. My 970th pulls out with a bang. I think that he will pull out the overclocked 980. But I understand that the author does not have the task of changing the entire platform, but only the processor.

S
Serega83z 13.03.21

MoulSoul
If you really want to take a processor from this series, take the 8320. It is cheaper, but you can overclock it very well.

s
safot 13.03.21

MoulSoul
type bundles of different processors on YouTube and watch them in games.

M
MoulSoul 13.03.21

Serega83z
Yes to me without overclocking. I do not know how to disperse, and my hands are hooks, I'll screw it up some more.

b
burn the console 13.03.21

MoulSoul
What video card will it work with?

M
MoulSoul 13.03.21

ARONDIT
Thank you. I’ll try to go to the store on weekdays, and there I’ll figure out which one to buy. True, not in the store (the site says so).

M
MoulSoul 13.03.21

burn the console
Video card Radeon AMD HD 5700 series. Then, I think, buy a 980. Now I have a dual-core intel core i2 duo processor.

R
Raven63 13.03.21

MoulSoul
There is no information about the computer in the profile. As suggested above - only AMD, then 8320, but you will need to drive for a good video card.
And if you are assembling a new system, then 6400 from Intel are just for your budget.

M
MoulSoul 13.03.21

Raven63
Yes, I just registered, did not have time to add yet. As for the processor: it is not very important for me - AMD or Intel. The main thing is that the games went well modern. And then I'm tired of playing the old ones.

R
Raven63 13.03.21

MoulSoul
Then no options. ) Take Intel. There will be a supply for several years. Even better is 6600K. You will somehow get to overclocking, there is nothing complicated there, but the life of the gaming computer prolongs. ;)

M
MoulSoul 13.03.21

Raven63
I'm sorry, maybe the question will seem stupid, I'm just not strong in processors .... And without overclocking 6600K, how does it show itself? Simply, in all my "computer" life I have never overclocked. Or maybe just take 2500K.

R
Raven63 13.03.21

MoulSoul
Nothing. It will show excellently, but there is no point in paying extra for the letter K, without overclocking. It means a free multiplier, it can be overclocked very easily (in fact, by switching the same multiplier in the BIOS, that's all).
My brother has 2500K, an excellent percentage, but 4 generations older. At the same frequencies, 25 percent is slower, more voracious and hotter. The motherboard will have to look for it, possibly a second-hand one. Do you need it?

x
xxREMAGxxIxxGAMERxx 13.03.21

MoulSoul,
you are strange, you are going to take 980, but you want to save money on the process , you need a balance in general ...

R
RusPack1295 13.03.21

AMD are good processors. I've been using it, there are no problems. The main thing is to know your socket (socket for the processor)! Otherwise, the percentage may not work.

M
MoulSoul 13.03.21

xxREMAGxxIxxGAMERxx If
I had money, I would not save.

x
xxREMAGxxIxxGAMERxx 13.03.21

MoulSoul
do not take 980, but take 970 and it will be enough for the norm

M
MoulSoul 13.03.21

Raven63
I just don't think it will come to overclocking at all. Especially with my pens. Thank you for your help.