3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
_
_Lemon_ 19.03.21 10:21 pm

Virtual reality - a step into the future or a toy?

VR devices. helmets, games and apps are still not part of everyday life. However, it is foolish to deny that virtual reality is becoming more widespread and accessible from year to year. It's not so far to go - instead of Half Life 3, we got a VR adventure Alyx!

It is a big misconception that VR is still inaccessible to ordinary people, which is a big misconception - there are a lot of headset options on the market, and even today without a powerful computer, you can already immerse yourself in virtual worlds. The problem is that not all companies can competently convey information to the masses. What to do? That's right - to organize a direct connection. Together with HTC (a cool VR headset that you can win from now), we decided to conduct a small survey, for lack of a better word.

Write - What is your ideal VR experience for you? And how would you use (or may already be using) a VR headset, or even a couple of them? Maybe arrange an unforgettable date for the girls? Or, instead of dull online meetings, would you come to a virtual copy of it?

Authors of the most interesting options will definitely be rewarded!
222 Comments
Sort by:
f
fdk69 19.03.21

in my opinion, the best VR equipment is complete immersion when you completely disconnect from reality, the external influence completely disappears and you plunge into a completely different world that becomes an absolute reality for you!

A
Almoor 19.03.21

Of course, the apotheosis of the development of vr technology is a complete immersion, but looking into the near future I would like to see how vr technologies create and develop new spectacular sports, such as racing in real cars, perhaps like in the movie, a deadly race with weapons, but under the control of pilots in virtual reality , or real tank battles with the ability to upgrade equipment without restrictions, anything to win, or red bull air flight with races on real airplanes where it will be possible to perform such maneuvers that the human body would not be able to withstand, with vr technologies it becomes possible not to limit your actions , because now nothing threatens a person's life. I want to see how vr penetrates the world around us, and does not gather dust on individual people on the shelf in the room.

M
Mad_cloud 19.03.21

Ideal VR should be as simple as three kopecks and, in short, until it is hacked into the brain, it becomes perfect.

S
SWAT_G23 19.03.21

Hmm, what VR should be for this question, I have only about 2 answers and 1 is like in the anime "Sword Art Online" only a helmet like from season 1 but for safety like those from 2 onwards and 2 option is the one that was made by the directors film "Ready Player One" as they say, functional and convenient

D
Delicious Antifreeze 19.03.21

The recipe for the perfect VR helmet is simple: head and shoulders above the competition, and of course cheaper. It is a pity that ideals are not attainable. = (

A
AlexFlash27 19.03.21

The ideal VR headset should be wireless, lightweight, not dizzy when played for a long time, with maximum full body motion capture, tactile sensations and easy to understand for most users.

P
PAWEEL 19.03.21

I really want to write about the perfect recipe, but there will always be something missing.
And so:
Wireless (hi kvet 2)
Available lenses with an angle of up to 150 degrees and 144 Hertz
Lenses from pupil scanners - so that autofocus works like an eye.
So that the trackers work on both hands and feet (of course there is, but the price is hello)
Easier, cheaper, and most importantly, to be able to rebuild the helmet for the current iron

A
Alwaysmolodoy 19.03.21

The main thing is that my head does not hurt, that I do not break my head against the wall while I play.
If I had a VR helmet, I would certainly go to play half, and then the most interesting thing - to play VR horror. I would like to pull my nerves a little) Even the simplest horror game can become the most terrible experience in life if it is with a lie.

W
Wedlor 19.03.21

A VR headset must have a direct connection to the brain in order to control the world with thought, and not with the help of outdated sticks.

A
Ashen rover 19.03.21

I have been using a vr helmet for the second year already. There is not enough eye tracking to draw the picture, which I am looking at in a higher resolution, refresh rate of 120Hz in some games (in racing / space). I also consider it important to have good controllers, like, for example, the oculus. Ideally, no SDE and no wire, so as not to burden the PC with compression / decoding of the video signal. Plus good tracking and built-in sensors.

x
xxxnewman 19.03.21

An excellent solution was portrayed in Prepare Player One. Running platform. And also virtual reality gloves. No joysticks! That would be very cool!

K
Konstantin 2013 19.03.21

The virtual reality device should beat the same brand, compact and wireless, as well as mentally control + reasonable price and quality. But in general, you need to start from the basis with a computer, a lot of components. do not buy a computer. Although I'm not sure that the main basis is to stop lying, and then everything will be super duper. I doubt that you will allow anyone to win a computer, is that a lie?

D
Dmitry_87 19.03.21

1. Lightweight and compact
2. No wires and high speed of data exchange
3. Well, the neural interface, ideally

W
Wi1dD0G 19.03.21

Many people write about this, but there is nothing special to add from themselves:
1) Compactness: modern helmets may not weigh a lot, but the dimensions are quite cumbersome.
2) Affordability: The prices for helmets are too high for the average user.
3) Wires: there should be a minimum of them. HTC also has a pair of speakers that track the position of the helmet. Sometimes the signal is somehow lost, and the movements in the game become too jerky.
4) Application market: at the moment it is developing slowly (and it is understandable why), but VR can be used not only for games.

T
Timur Galimov 19.03.21

Possibility to take with you without any special burden in weight and adjustment before use. More games, programs and applications in scientific fields than at the moment. This is a great opportunity to introduce young people to science.

D
Didjen 19.03.21

I think the coolest use for VR is immersion in a new world. It can be both games and just a trip around the world. In addition, it may allow you to attend limited events (for example, concerts, performances, exhibitions, etc.). This will make it cheaper and more accessible to explore the world, even if the experience is less realistic, but still better than nothing.
Yes, and this is a way out for those who have a little active lifestyle that causes health problems.

P
PetroNetro 19.03.21

VR can already be used in education.
Imagine a school where you can immerse yourself in the material.
For example, take such a subject as History. Immediately after the first physical education lesson, you and your class visit ancient Egypt or find yourself on the podium of a medieval tournament, you are 2 meters from the nuclear weapon test, then we go to communicate with famous wars for a couple of three hours before the assault on Troy. If you don't want a battle, you can swim with the pioneers who are paving the way for new trade routes or with the explorers of the Arctic. Look at their hard life, ask about the solution to many problems, such as pirates, freezing of a ship in ice, hunger, cold, drunkenness, riots. The main thing is to acquaint them with uncensored material and show it as it is. The limitation will be age and class. Well, at the end of each such immersion session, say: Well, what have you seen? well, how everyone now quickly ate a blue pill XD.
Well, as for VR games, they simply do not have time to do anything worthwhile.

M
Marmotelllo 19.03.21

The main thing is 8K and 120 FPS.
The rest is ashes.

E
Epo2 19.03.21

I would have driven the boys to camps in VR, so that they could smell freedom at least in virtual, and not chifir and smelly prisoners in real life

A
Angro_Maynyou 19.03.21

Ideal VR, for me, is: Minimum equipment weight, no wires, maximum battery life for full immersion in the game, wider viewing angles, and improved responsiveness of sensors and controllers.