3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
_
_Lemon_ 19.03.21 10:21 pm

Virtual reality - a step into the future or a toy?

VR devices. helmets, games and apps are still not part of everyday life. However, it is foolish to deny that virtual reality is becoming more widespread and accessible from year to year. It's not so far to go - instead of Half Life 3, we got a VR adventure Alyx!

It is a big misconception that VR is still inaccessible to ordinary people, which is a big misconception - there are a lot of headset options on the market, and even today without a powerful computer, you can already immerse yourself in virtual worlds. The problem is that not all companies can competently convey information to the masses. What to do? That's right - to organize a direct connection. Together with HTC (a cool VR headset that you can win from now), we decided to conduct a small survey, for lack of a better word.

Write - What is your ideal VR experience for you? And how would you use (or may already be using) a VR headset, or even a couple of them? Maybe arrange an unforgettable date for the girls? Or, instead of dull online meetings, would you come to a virtual copy of it?

Authors of the most interesting options will definitely be rewarded!
222 Comments
Sort by:
A
ARAGONN 22.03.21

VR is the future! In general, they can help people in everything, I mean that you can do such operations that a person would not be able to do without them! And they need to be used for people with disabilities.

V
Vetal42 22.03.21

System requirements should be low.
And the main thing is to create a more universal interaction method, joystick weeks.

k
kurskiy 22.03.21

It depends on how to use and how much the technology will move forward. This is how VR can be used in science, education and presentation of goods and services. The potential is there.

p
pubgning 22.03.21

Well, in the first, full immersion in reality completely so that a person does not think about anything from the real world;
in the second, quick response to the task from the VR joystick or as the controllers call them.

S
Smertonosets 22.03.21

virtual reality should justify its name and be not only virtual but also real, that is, convey absolutely all sensations.

ps and not who (not me ... although) wanted it to be transferred to the game forever while reviving all the NPCs in the game and making the world completely real, otherwise the trucks are somehow not too reliable and painful).

H
Hiddenhouse 22.03.21

Ideal VR is one that is not controlled by controllers, but by thought.

T
Timmydry 22.03.21

The ideal experience in VR would be Sword art online, only in real life) Yes, maybe I would not be GG, but still I am very encouraged by this idea)

A
AresViktor 22.03.21

all vr are weak, whatever one may say, although I have never used it, but I understand the technology flat screen the past needs something new another volumetric screen

I
IOpeH 22.03.21

Perfect VR is the ability to control dreams. A chip is implanted into the brain with the ability to control it from a smartphone (for example). Sleep is still necessary, why not combine business with pleasure. In order to be able to choose the time to fall asleep and wake up, we select the plot in advance, only it will not be a dream, but a video game - everything we love!

N
NekO_7 22.03.21

VR is the perfect opportunity to create real worlds

S
SevenSu 22.03.21

My ideal experience in VR is to see it used in many areas, in games, training in the profession (doing operations without risks, assembling equipment, etc. (for example, an engine)), in 3d modeling, doing yoga or fitness, using in a conference since in the virtual world we have more opportunities and we can show more and more in detail, and we can also be in real life at a great distance from each other.
I would use it for games, I want to immerse myself in the game world with my head, and in VR we move, not sit (as they say, "Movement is life, and life is movement").
And to immerse yourself in VR, you need to track the movement of the whole body, there are no wires, and good picture quality. And in order to support all this, a very powerful computer is still needed, which a small part of the population can afford.

A
Agneliya 22.03.21

VR, as a departure from reality, where each person can be something better.

N
Ne_vremya_dlya_drakonov 22.03.21

What's the question? Of course, VR is a future to which, first of all, the military with their simulators have been moving for a very long time. Of course, this is also another kind of games, but this is secondary. Realistic simulation is an invaluable opportunity to gain experience, and of course it will turn everything around. Starting with invaluable training and deprivation of phobias and uncertainty among pilots of various vehicles, doctors, military men, astronauts, and ending with remote control of chelobots capable of anything and even more. It is VR that is the starting point that gives a full-fledged start for the exploration of space, the ocean, and other hazardous environments. Well, I at least believe that the owners will not drain this potential to the full, and the society will have tangible advances in technology. I see the development of VR in 3 forms:
1. Embedded systems in glasses. From banal information output and light algorithms to half-helmets for immersion in environments. In the future, Meibi will replace the eye with a device.
2. Chairs for partial and full immersion.
3. Deep control systems, mainly expressed as specialized rooms. Providing deep training with full body use and generating different situations.
I absolutely do not understand the skepticism of some narrow-minded personalities, because as already said, "experience is priceless." We can only hope that there will be a sufficient number of Ilons Masks in our short century, and we will have time to catch this wonderful future.
p. s is very unhappy that they have not yet released glasses that broadcast videos from smartphones. The time should be right now.

D
Dagresr 22.03.21

VR is cool, but it can't turn our world into an anti-utopia, where people are all in helmets, as in the film the first player will get ready

C
CHICO 666 22.03.21

Wireless and lightweight

b
bathroom 22.03.21

should not interfere with wires and poor attachment immersion in the game

A
Alexander199313 22.03.21

VR helps people to get away from the daily hustle and bustle, to achieve some goals that cannot be realized in reality, to feel freedom of action and realize their bold desires)

W
Wun123 22.03.21

In my opinion, yes, but viar is not widespread (very few people have it) and all my friends who have viar and have been using it for more than a year say that they are already bored with it. I like the viar, it is interesting, but it needs to be brought to mind.

S
Seguro 22.03.21

BP should be flexible and budgetary. Someone wants to escape from the complexities of real life or the gray band. And some are hungry for a challenge. And otherwise all desires will not be satisfied

M
MargoThorn 22.03.21

VR should be similar to reality and at the same time so that people do not dive there to the end, but understand that this is just a game and that it cannot affect their body or mind. It should be exciting, comfortable and interesting. Without cords, without heavy, uncomfortable helmets, it is possible that these were just glasses.