3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
_
_Lemon_ 19.03.21 10:21 pm

Virtual reality - a step into the future or a toy?

VR devices. helmets, games and apps are still not part of everyday life. However, it is foolish to deny that virtual reality is becoming more widespread and accessible from year to year. It's not so far to go - instead of Half Life 3, we got a VR adventure Alyx!

It is a big misconception that VR is still inaccessible to ordinary people, which is a big misconception - there are a lot of headset options on the market, and even today without a powerful computer, you can already immerse yourself in virtual worlds. The problem is that not all companies can competently convey information to the masses. What to do? That's right - to organize a direct connection. Together with HTC (a cool VR headset that you can win from now), we decided to conduct a small survey, for lack of a better word.

Write - What is your ideal VR experience for you? And how would you use (or may already be using) a VR headset, or even a couple of them? Maybe arrange an unforgettable date for the girls? Or, instead of dull online meetings, would you come to a virtual copy of it?

Authors of the most interesting options will definitely be rewarded!
222 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sun Sei 19.03.21

VR that will absorb the neural interface. So that when you need you go into virtual reality, when you need VR to complement reality. Without implanting chips into the body, but wearing them on the body with the ability to remove.
So that you can change its appearance for yourself. At first, it may look like glasses (graphic and sound output and.) And let's say a pendant (computer), and bracelets and rings (input-output sensors) on hands. Then it will be possible to negotiate with clothing brands, sew technical sensors into clothes and shoes, and tag such clothes in stores.
Well, of course, there is a theme for gamblers, I think that in the film the first player will get ready to colorfully describe everything, no more to add, especially a tactile suit and a multidirectional path.
For professional development, I think in the foreground there should be an instant response and the same instant connection with a computer, because completely different powers are used there that are not needed on the body. These will be large tactile rooms in which people will create impressionable things. Moreover, the room itself will display the finished project, and the person wearing glasses will see the control interfaces.
As a result, this should turn into a miniature neuro-interface, where you can do whatever the user needs. It can be made in any shape depending on the power of course, from earrings, hairpins and cufflinks to a combat bracer with AI.

V
Vaxis 19.03.21

I'm not really a VR fanatic. BUT since this is the topic, I can say a couple of words, or rather, how it should look and what real VR should be like for me personally:
At the moment, no matter what they tell me, VR is still a rather crude technology. Guns flying in the air in shooters do not convey realism in any way, but only push you away from buying one or another. But if you forget about shooting games and talk about simulators, the same ETS2 or Bus simulator, then this is really a thrill.
Personally, my opinion about ideal VR is not unambiguous. But I can say for sure that this stray takes place, and specifically for simulators.

l
leon00 19.03.21

VR in order for us to move to a new stage of development and that is the whole point.

L
Limon_Milan 19.03.21

Virtual reality ... A dream of several generations. A bright attribute of the future in science fiction books, films, computer games.

In the perception of many, virtual reality is a mysterious technology that will allow you to travel to unprecedented worlds, go on unforgettable adventures, die and come to life again. With the help of VR, people with disabilities could see the world without leaving their homes. Or maybe live another life, happy, interesting, full of opportunities.

Q
Qwiar 19.03.21

Ideal VR should be comfortable, i.e. sitting comfortably, weighing little, having no wires and taking up little space, as well as displaying a picture in high resolution and good fps.

O
Olenonok7 19.03.21

Ideal VR is something that acts directly on the brain

V
Vivo 19.03.21

VR should become for us in the future as a PC now
and this should be accepted.

l
lalka2321 19.03.21

VR is a useless toy.

V
Vlad_Snak 19.03.21

I think VR-BURO VR-368 is the best because the price is correct and the quality is good.

M
Mad_cloud 19.03.21

First of all, for me, the price is important for VR, the quality, the industry is still developing really large projects are still not very many. In its current form, VR is still some kind of unpretentious, maybe I have read a lot of science fiction, but I would like something more advanced and completely new experience.

S
Skifko58ru 19.03.21

VR is a great life experience, new visualization possibilities! VR - must develop, these are modern technologies that give life!

A
Anakomm 19.03.21

for half Alex's sake, you can buy

k
kottenmut213 22.03.21

In ideal VR, there should be a helmet under which you can wear ordinary glasses and play comfortably without squinting for people with poor eyesight

D
Danil Burakov 22.03.21

As for me, VR should be as minimalistic as possible and without wires!

M
Millik 22.03.21

Accessibility is the main thing for the development of any idea.

A
Arici kiryat 22.03.21

First, you need to give up wires, because there have been cases when a person got confused in them.
Second, maximize screen resolutions.
Thirdly, to develop controllers in which there will be motors, as in DualSense. It will be really cool if a person feels the roughness of the surface, etc.
Fourthly, instead of making gloves instead of controllers, tactile sensations will be at a completely new level.

l
legionusa 22.03.21

Lightweight, wireless

2005ur 22.03.21

1. Reduce production costs and prices to increase availability.
2. Improve image quality by expanding the viewing angle and screen resolution, as well as in the games themselves.
3. Provide a place for regular glasses.
4. Improve tracking accuracy by increasing the number of base stations and the number of tracked body parts.
5. Get rid of the wires.
6. Add the ability to feel touches and loads using magnets, motors and other motors.
7. Add the ability to feel temperature and smells.

D
Daniel Football 22.03.21

If I were a developer, I would make my dreams come true: you put on a helmet on the DR, and there is his favorite: a place, an event, an event, etc. developing technologies, we expand opportunities for further global progress

T
TERMINATOR_T90M 22.03.21

The possibilities of VR technology are great if they are developed. For example, VR could be used for virtual renovation of houses and apartments, design, redevelopment, furniture placement. Can be used for virtual practice by students such as electricians, plumbers, auto mechanics, and construction workers. For example an exam in VR mode to build a fireplace. I would dive into game worlds like: TES Skyrim, The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, ARK survival, METRO 2033, STALKER.